WWF vs. WCW 1991: The Pre-Monday Night War

WWF

Superstars

Saturday, Week 1, January 1991

Richmond Arena; Richmond, BC

Attendance: 1,000 (sell out)

Sgt. Slaughter and Col. Mustafa defeated Brian Donahue and John Bradley in 4:24 when Sgt. Slaughter defeated Brian Donahue by submission with a Cobra Clutch.

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey did some good work at ringside. Sgt. Slaughter and Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey are an awkward pairing, they just have no chemistry whatsoever. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Col. Mustafa is improving in Performance skills.

E+

==========================

Big Bossman defeated Genichiro Tenryu in 4:07 by pinfall with a Bubba Slam.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Big Bossman is improving in Rumble skills. Big Bossman is improving in Performance skills.

D-

Million Dollar Man and Virgil defeated Chris Walker and Jim Brunzell in 4:44 when Million Dollar Man defeated Jim Brunzell by submission with a Million Dollar Dream.

Chris Walker was really off his game tonight. Jim Brunzell has now switched to an Old School Face gimmick. It has gotten an initial C+ rating. Jim Brunzell was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The great performance of Million Dollar Man really stood out. The Dibiase vs. Rhodes storyline has continued with this match. Million Dollar Man is improving in Rumble skills. Virgil is improving in Rumble skills. Virgil is improving in Performance skills.

D-

Max Moon defeated Iron Mike Sharpe in 3:49 by pinfall with a 187.

Iron Mike Sharpe has now switched to an Annoying gimmick. It has gotten an initial C+ rating. Max Moon and Iron Mike Sharpe have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

E

Gene Okerlund interviews The Nasty Boys, with Jimmy Hart, about their Tag Team championship match, at the Royal Rumble, against the Hart Foundation. Jimmy says that he was the one that brought the Foundation to the WWF, that it even has his name on it, and that he's decided to put it down for good, and that his new clients, The Nasty Boys, are just the men to do it.

The Tag Team Titles storyline has continued with this segment. Brian Knobbs is developing better performance skills. Jerry Saggs is developing better performance skills.

C

The Hart Brothers defeated Rhythm 'n' Blues in 9:45 when Owen Hart defeated Greg Valentine by pinfall with an Enzuigiri.

Bret Hart looked good out there. This match lifted the crowd. Bret Hart is improving in Flying skills. Owen Hart is improving in Technical skills. Honky Tonk Man is improving in Rumble skills. Honky Tonk Man is improving in Performance skills.

B

Intercontinental Championship

Mr Perfect defeated Shane Douglas in 4:45 by pinfall with a Perfect Plex.

Mr Perfect makes defence number 1 of his WWF Intercontinental title.

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Mr Perfect looked good out there. Shane Douglas is improving in Rumble skills. Shane Douglas is improving in Technical skills.

D

Gene Okerlund is joined by Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. He tells Okerlund that he hasn't forgotten about Rick 'The Model' Martel blinding him, a couple months ago, but says that he's focussing right now on the Royal Rumble. There's nothing he'd like better, than to throw the Model over the top rope, and out of the Rumble, on his way to victory.

Jake Roberts underperformed. The Snake vs. Model storyline has continued with this segment.

D+

Hulk Hogan defeated Dino Bravo in 11:48 by pinfall with a Big Boot and Leg Drop.

Hulk Hogan was visibly tiring toward the end. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

C+

Having picked up the victory, Hulk Hogan poses for his adoring fans, moving to each side of the ring in turn. He then hops out of the ring, and gets a Canadian flag, from one of the fans at ringside, and brings it into the ring, posing with it.

This segment lifted the crowd.

A

Final Rating: D+

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/TweekIt/WCW/WCWWORLDWIDE.png

Wednesday, Week 1, January 1991

Charlotte Coliseum

10,000 in attendance (sell-out!)

Pre-Show

The Hardliners defeated Charlie Norris & Joey Maggs D-

P.N. News defeated Angel of Death E-

Main Show

York promises Wallstreet will win in four mins.

Rating: D

Michael Wallstreet defeated Ranger Ross

Video of Liger and Juicer's seperate matches for Light Heavyweight Tournament.

Rating: E-

Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Juicer

Terry Taylor & Ricky Morton defeated NightStalker and Equaliser

Rating: D-

Badd is a 'Bad Man' hype

Rating: E+

Johnny B. Badd defeated Buddy Lanndell

Rating: E

Tom Zenk defeated Shanghai Pierce to retain WCW World T.V. Title

Rating: D+

Another attack from Page

Rating: D-

Final Rating D-

WWF

This week on the Wrestling Challenge....

Demolition have been a dominant force in the tag team division, ever since they arrived, several years ago, and only look stronger, since the addition of their third member, Crush. This week, the pairing of Smash & Crush attempt to keep that momentum going, as they take on a couple of WWF veterans, in Nikolai Volkoff and Saba Simba, in tag team action.

Another Royal Rumble Qualification Match will take place, in the night's main event, when Power & Glory-member Paul Roma will face a former Intercontinental champion, in the Texas Tornado, Kerry Von Erich.

We'll also hear from Sgt. Slaughter, and the Rhodes Family.

Nikolai Volkoff & Saba Simba vs. Demolition (Smash & Crush)

Royal Rumble Qualifier

Kerry Von Erich vs. Paul Roma

WWF

Wrestling Challenge

Tuesday, Week 2, January 1991

Corn Palace; Mitchell, SD; Great Lakes

Attendance: 2,000 (sell out)

The Nasty Boys defeated Genichiro Ten / Koji Kitao in 3:52 when Jerry Saggs defeated Kitao by submission with a Pit Stop.

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. Brian Knobbs and Jimmy Hart are a good pairing, they play off each other well. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Brian Knobbs stood out as being good. The Tag Team Titles storyline has continued with this match.

D

Tugboat defeated Brooklyn Brawler in 3:46 by pinfall with a Vertical Splash.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

D

Earthquake defeated Scott Taylor in 4:27 by pinfall with an Earthquake Splash.

Earthquake was really off his game tonight. Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Earthquake is improving in Performance skills.

D

Gene Okerlund is joined by the Rhodes Family, Dusty and Dustin, to start the show. They challenge The Million Dollar Man and Virgil to a tag team match, at the Royal Rumble. Dusty tells Dibiase that all the money in the world can't stop the American dream.

Dustin Rhodes performed poorly in this segment. The Dibiase vs. Rhodes storyline has continued with this segment. Dustin Rhodes is learning to show more charisma. Dustin Rhodes is developing better performance skills. Dusty Rhodes is developing better performance skills.

C

Demolition (Smash & Crush) defeated Nikolai Volkoff and Saba Simba in 6:31 when Crush defeated Nikolai Volkoff by pinfall with a Full-Nelson Slam.

Crush and Ax are a good pairing, they play off each other well. Nikolai Volkoff was visibly tiring toward the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Smash is improving in Performance skills. Nikolai Volkoff is improving in Performance skills. Saba Simba is improving in Rumble skills.

D

'Mean' Gene interviews Sgt Slaughter, Col Mustafa, and Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey. Slaughter says that he was disgusted by Hulk Hogan, on Superstars. The thought of a so-called proud American, waving the Canadian flag, reminds him of exactly why he is fighting to bring down the United States. Americans have forgotten what it is to be American.

Col. Mustafa looked dreadful in this segment. The Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. Sgt. Slaughter is developing better performance skills. Col. Mustafa is developing better performance skills.

C

Kerry Von Erich defeated Paul Roma in 6:30 by submission with The Claw.

Paul Roma was really off his game tonight. Slick did some good work at ringside. Kerry Von Erich and Paul Roma have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

D+

Final Rating: D

WWF

This week on the Primetime Wrestling....

One of the WWF's most unorthodox tag teams, The Bushwhackers, will be in action this week. They will be facing the ever dangerous team of Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine & The Honky Tonk Man both former champions in the World Wrestling Federation. Will Rhythm 'n' Blues' bounce back from their lost to the Hart Brothers, on Superstars, or will the Bushwhackers carry on their momentum?

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts is set to meet Japanese superstar, Genichiro Tenryu in one-on-one competition. Genichiro has only been showcasing his talents on this side of the Pacific for a short time, but has demonstrated the incredible abilities that have made him a star in his home land. Is this the night that the man from the Land of the Rising Sun gets his first big victory in the WWF, or with the veteran Roberts once again show off his killer instincts?

Quite possibly the proudest American in history, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, has asked for a match against Col Mustafa, and has been granted it. Will Mustafa's partners get involved, or will Duggan walk away with the big patriotic victory?

Not to be outdone, the 'Real American', Hulk Hogan will be in action, as he takes on Heenan Family member Haku.

Last, but certainly not least, the Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase will be putting his controversial Million Dollar Championship on the line, against one half of the Tag Team Champions, Bret Hart. Can the elder Hart brother add to his resume, or will Dibiase's reign of terror continue?

All this and more, as Piper's Pit returns, with Brother Love and his monsterous Undertaker again joining the Rowdy one. Piper has promised to reveal the largest man in this year's Royal Rumble. Who could possibly have a size advantage on the Undertaker?

As well, the Board of Directors has promised a major announcement, that they have guaranteed will shape the future of the WWF. What could they possibly have in store for the viewing audience?

The Bushwhackers vs. Rhythm 'n' Blues

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts vs. Genichiro Tenryu

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan vs. Col Mustafa

Hulk Hogan vs. Haku

Million Dollar Championship

Bret Hart vs. Million Dollar Man ©

I'm not sure if this is a prediction or what I'd like to see happen... So I'll do both

The Bushwhackers vs. Rhythm 'n' Blues

(What I think) The Bushwackers are there ot put teams over and Rythm and Blues has more potential as a team.

(What I'd like) I'd like to see Greg Valentine come out with blond hair and Honkytonk man gets in his face upset over why he bleached out the black... Valentine then destroys all 3 men in the ring and beats the Bushwakers so senseless, that they forget they are a comedy act and return to their sadistic Mid South early 80's ways

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts vs. Genichiro Tenryu

(What I think) the Japanese tandoms seem to be being used as enhancement talent

What I'd like) Have this match booked in Japan and see how big it is

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan vs. Col Mustafa

(What I think) Duggan has draw potential and Mustafa's belly is getting out of control... Mustafa is on down side in my 83 game some cant imagine he'd have much use to you now

(What I'd like) Is that both men get caught in their car with drugs pior to the match and hauled off to jail (happened in real life) Then in jail they reflect back on their careers and pretend its 1982 and all of sudden they have a NO Joke fight between the two

Hulk Hogan vs. Haku

(What I think) No Brainer

(What I'd like) Haku to shoot on Hogan ending his career (I'm not a Hogan fan)

Bret Hart vs. Million Dollar Man ©

(What I think) To early for title change but what potential we have here..

(What I'd like) To see these two go at it with no restrictions and tear the house down and make everyone want to come back for more

Im more tuned into the WWF at this point although I think WCW roster is better... I just have things come up and keep missing the WCW programming, but I'll be sure to tune in soon!

Absolutely brilliant, Oldschool. Although what you'd like isn't exactly what's coming down the pipe, I hope I've got enough of it in there to keep you going. You're definitely right about the WWF roster. The thing that I've noticed is that there is absolutely no middle ground. There are brilliant workers, like Hart, the other Hart, Dibiase, Mr Perfect, Macho Man, Piper, and The Undertaker; then there is the other side of the coin, with Earthquake, Hogan, and of course, The Ultimate Warrior, my freakin' World Champion.

Oops, possible spoiler alert....

Little do they know that The Ultimate Warrior will be champion FOREVER! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I post this a week too ahead, so I'm going to (try) to post the right card preview this time while watching WWF '92 Royal Rumble... ah the days.. Jack Tunney getting booed.. ah the days.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/TweekIt/WCW/WCWSATNITE.png

Paul E's newest tag team will face the young tag team of The Youngbloods of Mark & Chris Youngblood.

Television Champion, Tom Zenk defends his T.V. title against Jack Victory.

The Argentinian gentle giant, El Gigante goes up against a no small task in Awesome Kong.

In the first round of Light Heavyweight title tournament, 'RocknRock Express' Ricky Morton goes up against 'Southern Boy' Steve Armstrong. As well as Flyin' Brian Pillman goes up against Ranger Ross.

Fabulous Freebird's Jimmy Garvin & Badstreet team up to face Joey Maggs & Tim Parker while Michael Hayes faces 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer.

In the main event on WCW Saturday Night, The Ravishin' One, Rick Rude goes faces 'The Man Called Sting' in a non-title match.

PREDICTIONS

The Youngbloods versus Paul E's New Tag Team

Tom Zenk © versus Jack Victory

El Gigante versus Awesome Kong

Ricky Morton versus Steve Armstrong

Brian Pillman versus Ranger Ross

Jimmy Garvin & Badstreet versus Tim Parker & Joey Maggs

Michael Hayes versus 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer

Rick Rude versus Sting

PREDICTIONS

The Youngbloods versus Paul E's New Tag Team

I can never bet against Paul E.

Tom Zenk © versus Jack Victory

I'm actually a Jack Victory fan, but dont see him beatng Z-Man here.

El Gigante versus Awesome Kong

5 star matchup here.. I've always wondered who Awesome Kong was (I actually liked him back in the day, but he was around for such a short time) then forgot about him

Ricky Morton versus Steve Armstrong

RnR star is fading, but Mortan still has hope in Lt Heavyweight Tourney

Brian Pillman versus Ranger Ross

Pillman to win the whole thing

Jimmy Garvin & Badstreet versus Tim Parker & Joey Maggs

Squash!!!

Michael Hayes versus 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer

Van Hammer is awful... I never was a big fan of these Freebirds, but Michael Hayes will always be one of my favs

Rick Rude versus Sting

good matchup, can be a great Feud... Rude getting the cheap win takes it to next level

Have you guys tried raiding each others rosters at all.. or do you have a working agreement with each other not to.. Just curious

Have you guys tried raiding each others rosters at all.. or do you have a working agreement with each other not to.. Just curious

Written contracts, my friend. Although, expect a couple changes, in the near future.

I'm going to float out an idea here, that I haven't even asked Tweek yet, but have been considering. What would people think of us having a Working Agreement, and trading some talent back and forth? I think it could add an interesting dynamic, as we'd have to try to work each other's kayfabe stories, while having some fun.

Who wouldn't pay to see Sting defend the World Title against The Undertaker, in a WWF ring?

Thoughts?

Written contracts, my friend. Although, expect a couple changes, in the near future.

I'm going to float out an idea here, that I haven't even asked Tweek yet, but have been considering. What would people think of us having a Working Agreement, and trading some talent back and forth? I think it could add an interesting dynamic, as we'd have to try to work each other's kayfabe stories, while having some fun.

Who wouldn't pay to see Sting defend the World Title against The Undertaker, in a WWF ring?

Thoughts?

Could be difficult, and then you got your stars jobbing to each other... Which can lead to a promotional war... Could be interesing, could be a bit much.... I guess it all depends on how you guys pull it off

Thoughts?

It could work, but on some grounds the creative control would probably come into effect. I wouldn't think I'd have a problem with Power & Glory losing to say Steiner Brothers, but there might be a problem with them losing to a lower team even if they are getting the push like said The Patriots. I think if done right than yeah it can work.

WWF

Primetime Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 2, January 1991

Rockford Metro Centre; Rockford, IL

10,000 (Sellout)

British Bulldog defeated Steve Austin in 3:44 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. British Bulldog is improving in Performance skills.

C

Gene Okerlund interviews Shane Douglas. It's a character piece, that lets the audience know more about Douglas.

Gene Okerlund came across well. Shane Douglas was very underwhelming.

D+

Tito Santana defeated Brooklyn Brawler in 3:57 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

C-

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan are in the ring. Heenan says that they have the honour of introducing the new President of the World Wrestling Federation. Monsoon announces the new President: Gorilla Monsoon. Bobby Heenan is shocked, and doesn't hide it. Monsoon says that he'll be leaving the announce table, but says that he's brought an old friend, to take his place. He introduces Heenan to his new broadcast partner: Jesse 'The Body' Ventura. Ventura comes to the ring, and does a quick babyface promo, saying that he'll do his best to follow in Monsoon's footsteps, by keeping Heenan in line.

Monsoon has one more piece of business, as he announces that the British Bulldog will compete for an Intercontinental Championship opportunity, this Saturday, on Superstars. He tells Bobby Heenan that he'll be allowed to choose the Bulldog's competition.

The Intercontinental Title storyline has continued with this segment. Gorilla Monsoon is improving at acting.

B-

Rhythm 'n' Blues defeated The Bushwhackers in 8:25 when Honky Tonk Man defeated Bushwhacker Butch by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.

Greg Valentine seemed off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Honky Tonk Man looked good out there.

C

'Mean' Gene Okerlund conducts an interview with Ax, Smash, and Crush: Demolition. They say that they will not be overlooked by the Tag Team Champions, and tell the Hart Foundation that they cannot escape their destruction; they cannot escape Demolition.

The Tag Team Titles storyline has continued with this segment. Smash is improving at acting. Ax is improving at acting. Crush is developing better performance skills.

C+

Jake Roberts defeated Genichiro Tenryu in 4:36 by pinfall with a DDT.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jake Roberts is improving in Rumble skills. Jake Roberts is improving in Technical skills. Jake Roberts is improving in Performance skills.

D+

Gene Okerlund is joined by The Rockers. They are disappointed at their loss to the Nasty Boys, last week, but say that they know exactly how they'll get back on track. They ask the Orient Express if they think the Rockers have forgotten about them. They say that there's still unfinished business there, and want to take care of that, once and for all. They challenge the Orient Express to a match on the Wrestling Challenge.

Gene Okerlund came out of this looking excellent. Shawn Michaels looked good. Marty Jannetty is developing better performance skills.

D-

Jim Duggan defeated Col. Mustafa in 4:57 when Col. Mustafa was disqualified when Sgt. Slaughter ran in and attacked Jim Duggan.

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Hogan vs. Slaughter storyline has continued with this match. Col. Mustafa is improving in Performance skills.

C-

Roddy Piper hosts another edition of Piper's Pit, again being joined by Brother Love, and the Undertaker. Piper reminds everyone that he promised to produce the largest athlete in the Royal Rumble, tonight. Brother Love interrupts, saying that there is no more imposing man in the WWF, than his Undertaker. Piper steps back in, saying that there is, and Brother Love just needs to turn around. As Love turns, Andre the Giant steps onto the set. Brother Love backs away, in terror, and the two gigantic competitors lock eyes. Piper plugs the Rumble again, as the staredown continues.

Brother Love underperformed. The performance of The Undertaker looked good. The Andre vs. Undertaker storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. The Undertaker is developing better performance skills. Andre the Giant is developing better performance skills.

B-

'Mean' Gene is with Rick 'The Model' Martel. Martel says that he's looking for a manager, to lead him to even greater heights. He declares himself the top free-agent in the WWF.

This segment lifted the crowd. Rick 'The Model' Martel is developing better performance skills.

B-

Hulk Hogan defeated Haku in 4:52 by pinfall with a Big Boot and Leg Drop.

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Hulk Hogan came out of the match looking good. This match lifted the crowd.

B

Okerlund conducts one last interview, this time being joined by the WWF World Champion, The Ultimate Warrior. Mean Gene reminds everyone of Randy Savage's challenge, last week on Primetime. He asks the champ if he'll be answering the challenge. Warrior tells Okerlund that he has just one message for the 'Macho King', and that is that at the Royal Rumble, Savage will find out for himself, that The Ultimate Warrior is out of control.

Gene Okerlund performed poorly in this segment. The Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

A

Million Dollar Man defeated Bret Hart in 16:44 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream. During the match we also had Virgil run in and attack The Hitman.

Million Dollar Man makes defence number 1 of his WWF Million Dollar title.

The Dibiase vs. Rhodes storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Million Dollar Man is improving in Technical skills. Million Dollar Man is improving in Performance skills. Bret Hart is improving in Rumble skills.

B+

Final Rating: B-

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/TweekIt/WCW/WCWSATNITE.png

Wednesday, Week 2, January 1991

Alexandria Coliseum in Alexandria, Louisiana

5,000 (SELL OUT!)

PRE-SHOW

World Tag Team Championships

Doom defeated Norman The Lunatic and P.N. News in 5:45 when Ron Simmons defeated Norman The Lunatic by pinfall with a Powerslam. Doom make defence number 1 of their WCW World Tag Team titles.

Teddy Long did some good work at ringside. P.N. News was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ron Simmons came out of the match looking good. The Doom vs. Steiner Brothers storyline has continued with this match.

C-

================================

The Fabulous Freebirds are backstage being interviewed by the residental backstage, Missy Hyatt. Michael 'P.S.' Hayes and Big Daddy Dink does most of the talking for the Freebirds while Garvin fluffs his hair, Gordy stands in the back withe look of grimace etched on his face, and Badstreet stands to the side being quiet and looking kind of stiff and uncaring behind his mask. Hayes mention the Steiners better be watching tonight and ready to accept their challenge.

Big Daddy Dink helped Garvin during this segment.

C

Badstreet and Jimmy Garvin defeated Joey Maggs and Tim Parker in 3:40 when Jimmy Garvin defeated Tim Parker by submission with a Garvin Stretch.

Big Daddy Dink did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jimmy Garvin looked excellent out there. Badstreet is improving in Performance skills. Jimmy Garvin is improving in Performance skills.

D

Paul E. Dangerously and Rick Rude walk out for Paul E. Dangerously to introduce to the WCW fans the newest member of the Dangerous Alliance, The Samoan Swat Team.. Fatu and Samu!

D+

The Samoan Swat Team defeated The Youngbloods in 2:42 when Samu defeated Chris Youngblood by pinfall with a Top Rope Headbutt.

Paul E. Dangerously did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Samu is improving in Rumble skills. Samu is improving in Flying skills.

E

After the match, Paul E. orders the Samoan Swat Team to continue to beating on the Youngbloods. Chris and Mark both get a Top Rope Headbutt from Fatu and Samu as Rude and Dangerously look on with glee.

E

Magnum T.A. conducts a interview with Tom Zenk & Flyin' Brian Pillman. Zenk warns Diamond Dallas Page to stay away if he knows what goods for him while Pillman hypes the Light Heavyweight Tourny and his match against Ranger Ross.

C-

El Gigante defeated Awesome Kong in 3:04 by submission with a Choke.

El Gigante and Awesome Kong have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

E+

Missy Hyatt is backstage with Paul E. and Rude. Rude does most of the talking while Paul E. walks back and forth on the phone with somebody in the background. Hyatt stumbles through the interview with Rude just basically overlooks her questioning to let Sting know that he will win tonight and the NWA Heavyweight Title is the next thing to be around his waist.

Paul E. Dangerously helped Rude during this segment. Rick Rude and Paul E. Dangerously have great chemistry. Missy Hyatt did not come out of this looking good. This segment lifted the crowd. Missy Hyatt is improving at acting. Missy Hyatt is developing better performance skills.

A

A few clips play hyping the singles and tag teams matches moments for Morton and Armstrong respectively.

E+

Ricky Morton defeated Steve Armstrong in 6:55 by pinfall with a Flying Knee Drop.

Steve Armstrong was visibly tiring toward the end. Ricky Morton and Steve Armstrong have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ricky Morton looked good out there.

D

'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer defeated Michael Hayes in 7:59 by pinfall with a Flashback after a distraction from Scott Steiner.

'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer was visibly tiring toward the end. Michael Hayes and 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Michael Hayes stood out as being good. 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer is improving in Rumble skills. 'Heavy Metal' Van Hammer is improving in Performance skills.

C

Scott and Rick Steiner are standing ringside following Van Hammer's victory when Scott Steiner is given a microphone and lets Hayes and the rest of the Freebirds know that at Slamboree, it will be the Steiners and Freebirds for the WCW United States Tag Team Titles.

The Doom vs. Steiner Brothers storyline has continued with this segment.

C+

Tony Schiavone conducts an interview with the World Heavyweight Champion, Sting and United States Champion, 'The Total Package' Lex Luger. Luger and Sting talk about their problems with the Horsmen and Sting mentions his match tonight with Rude in which he promises the Stingers that he won't lose.

Sting looked good. The Ric Flair vs. Sting storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. Sting is developing better performance skills.

B

Brian Pillman defeated Ranger Ross in 5:53 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Brian Pillman stood out as being good.

D

The Horsemen are backstage with Tony Schiavone. Arn does his typical enforcer act while Sid just stands to the side and yells out something in form of 'destruction', 'Horsemen', and 'WCW'. Windham warns Luger that he will be watching him very closely tonight and that he wants that United States title back where it belongs.. with himself and the Horsemen. Flair just 'Woo' and struts and steals the show. He tells Sting to bring to belt to Slamboree so he can take it.

Ric Flair came across well. Barry Windham performed poorly in this segment. Sid Vicious is developing better performance skills. Barry Windham is improving at acting. Barry Windham is developing better performance skills.

C+

Television Championship

Tom Zenk defeated Jack Victory in 3:43 by pinfall with a Flying Drop Kick. Tom Zenk makes defence number 3 of his WCW World Television title.

D+

After the match, Diamond Dallas Page tries to attack Zenk for the three straight time, but Zenk avoids it. Page tries a clothesline, but Zenk ducks and dropkicks Page through the ropes. Zenk tells Page to come back in there, but Page just helps Victory up and they walk to the back.

The Page vs. Zenk storyline has continued with this segment.

D+

Sting defeated Rick Rude in 13:11 when Rick Rude was disqualified when Ric Flair ran in and attacked Sting.

Paul E. Dangerously did some good work at ringside. Rick Rude and Paul E. Dangerously have great chemistry. Rick Rude and Sting don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The Ric Flair vs. Sting storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

B

Final Rating: C+

Awesome show, Tweek. I love the descriptions of what each member of the Freebirds and Horsemen were doing, during the promos. It does so much character work, with just one segment.

Bum luck with Rude & Sting. Although, as I'd mentioned in the e-mail, getting a B with poor chemistry isn't too bad, and still makes it a useful match-up.

Superstars preview coming soon.

Slamboree and other pay per views along with the few Clash of the Champions are going to have a little more detailed matches. I have a few surprises for debuts for Slamboree with people debuting around the same time as they debuted in real life.

WWF

This week on Superstars....

Everyone here at the World Wrestling Federation will be rolling the dice this week, as Superstars hits Las Vegas, Nevada.

A big tag team match has been signed, to open the show, as Power & Glory will meet the Legion of Doom. Can the mix of size and speed throw the LOD off their game, or will these two Road Warriors keep on rolling?

Fan favourite, Tugboat, will be in action, as he steps into the ring with The Undertaker. Brother Love has said that this match will demonstrate to the world, that no matter how big the competition is, The Undertaker is up to the task. Can they make their statement, or will Tugboat put himself back into contention for a spot in the Royal Rumble?

New WWF President, Gorilla Monsoon, announced on Primetime Wrestling, that the British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith is only one win away from earning a shot at Mr Perfect's Intercontinental Championship. The catch, though, is that the Bulldog will not learn who his opponent is, until he's already standing in the ring. To top it off, his competition will be hand picked by Mr Perfect's manager, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan. Who will the Bulldog face, and will he be up to the challenge?

In the night's main event, two veterans go to work, with the legendary Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka going one-on-one with the man who challenges for the WWF World Championship at the Royal Rumble, 'Macho King' Randy Savage. Will Savage pick up some momentum, heading into his title match, or will the Superfly spoil the king's party?

All this and more, as Superstars tries to strike it rich, in Las Vegas.

Prediction Key

Legion of Doom vs. Power & Glory

Tugboat vs. The Undertaker

British Bulldog vs. ???

Jimmy Snuka vs. Randy Savage

Prediction Key

Yes the legion of doom will keep on rolling

Lets see guy, who could carry organization for years with one of best gimmicks ever or a guy with one of the worst gimmicks ever

British Bulldog vs. ???

Bulldog being built into legitiamte contender for Perfect's title... After all he beat Steve Austin in under 4minutes :-0

Randy Savage has more in the tank at this point

Who I think will win: Legion of Doom

Who I want to win: I have always been a big fan of Power & Glory. Best finisher Evah!

Who I think will win: Undertaker easily.

Who I want to win: Undertaker easily.

British Bulldog vs. ???

Who I think will win: British Bulldog

Who I want to win: Depends on who the ??? is. But Bulldog probably needs the win.

Who I think will win: Randy Savage

Who I want to win: Randy Savage

British Bulldog vs. ???

Bulldog being built into legitiamte contender for Perfect's title... After all he beat Steve Austin in under 4minutes :-0

That was a dark match, so the world doesn't know that.

Besides, this was before Austin ever appeared in WCW, so he's not exactly a big name (E Popularity).

Expect to see 'Stunning' Steve Austin's TV debut, very soon.

WWF

Superstars

Saturday, Week 2, January 1991

Showboat Sports Pavilion; Las Vegas, NV

1,938 (Sellout)

The Warlord defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 3:38 by pinfall.

Slick did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. The Warlord is improving in Performance skills. Salvatore Bellomo is improving in Rumble skills.

E+

Jim Neidhart defeated Boris Zhukov in 4:09 by pinfall with a Flying Sledgehammer.

Jim Neidhart and Boris Zhukov have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

D+

Vince McMahon is joined by Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, to hype tonight's main event, against 'Macho King' Randy Savage.

Jimmy Snuka looked dreadful in this segment. Jimmy Snuka is developing better performance skills.

C+

The Legion Of Doom defeated Power and Glory in 4:43 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Hercules Hernandez by pinfall with a Doomsday Device.

Slick did some good work at ringside. Paul Roma was really off his game tonight. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Road Warrior Animal looked good out there. Hercules Hernandez is improving in Performance skills.

C+

Gene Okerlund is joined by The Genius, who introduces his brand new client: The Mountie. Genius puts over his intellect, in finding this talent, but points out that it doesn't take a genius to recognize the greatness before them. He puts the entire WWF on notice, that The Mountie always gets his man.

C-

The Undertaker defeated Tugboat in 4:56 by pinfall with a Tombstone.

The Undertaker was really off his game tonight. The Undertaker and Brother Love have absolutely zero chemistry together. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

D+

British Bulldog defeated Haku & The Barbarian in 9:50 when British Bulldog defeated The Barbarian by pinfall with a roll up, after Mr Perfect accidentally hit Haku.

British Bulldog seemed off his game tonight. Haku was really off his game tonight. Bobby Heenan did some good work at ringside. Haku and Bobby Heenan are an awkward pairing, they just have no chemistry whatsoever. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. British Bulldog came out of the match looking good. The Intercontinental Title storyline has continued with this match.

C-

Immediately after the bell, Haku & The Barbarian jump the British Bulldog, and with the help on Mr Perfect lay a beatdown on him. Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan gets a microphone, and tells Davey Boy that he seems to have earned a title match, with Mr Perfect. He makes it "perfectly" clear that nobody will be taking the belt from the Heenan Family, least of all a mutt like Smith. Mr Perfect says that he's looking forward to seeing the Bulldog at the Rumble, because it gives him two matches (including the Rumble itself) to show the world why he is absolutely perfect. Haku gets in some parting shots, before Heenan ushers him away.

The Intercontinental Title storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. British Bulldog is developing better performance skills. Haku is developing better performance skills. The Barbarian is improving at acting. The Barbarian is developing better performance skills. Mr Perfect is developing better performance skills.

B-

Randy Savage defeated Jimmy Snuka in 12:10 by pinfall with a Macho Elbow, after Queen Sherri distracted Snuka, causing him to miss the Superfly Splash.

The match needed to be a lot shorter given who was involved. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Randy Savage stood out as being good. The Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior storyline has continued with this match. Jimmy Snuka is improving in Rumble skills. Jimmy Snuka is improving in Performance skills. Randy Savage is improving in Performance skills.

C

Gene Okerlund interviews Hulk Hogan. Hogan says that he's had enough of Sgt Slaughter, and his campaign against America. It was bad enough when Slaughter called out Hogan on celebrating with the Canadian fans, last week; he went too far, though, when he attacked 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, on Primetime. He tells Slaughter that he's in the Hulkster's crosshairs now, and asks him what he's gonna do.

Hulk Hogan came out of this looking excellent. The Hogan vs. Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

B-

Final Rating: C

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/TweekIt/WCW/WCWWORLDWIDE.png

In his debut match in WCW, 'War Eagle' Chris Chavis takes on the uncanny vet in 'Dastardly' Dick Slater.

In the first round of the Light Heavyweight title tourny, Chris Youngblood takes on up-and-comer, Scotty the Body while the 'Flamboyant' Johnny B. Badd takes on one-half of State Patrol's Lt. James Earl Wright.

Dick Murdoch, Deadeye Dick, and Black Bart team up in a six-man showcase against Jushin Thunder Liger, Firebreaker Chip, and Todd Champion, The Patriots.

'The Man They Call Vader' will take on the pride of the nation, Charlie Norris in one-on-one action.

In the main event on WCW Worldwide, York Foundation's Michael Wallstreet takes on Terry Taylor in Taylor's last match with World Championship Wrestling after signing on with PPW as the head booker.

PREDICTIONS

'War Eagle' Chris Chavis versus Dick Slater

Chris Youngblood versus Scotty the Body

Johnny B. Badd versus Lt. James Earl Wright

Dick Murdoch, Deadeye Dick, and Black Bart versus Jushin Thunder Liger & The Patriots

Vader versus Charlie Norris

Michael Wallstreet versus Terry Taylor

Who I think will win: Chris Chavis

Who I want to win: Generally back then Slater probably would have won but I prefer Chavis.

The Future Raven for both picks.

Easy pick though I do have fond memories of the State Patrol

Dick Murdoch, Deadeye Dick, and Black Bart versus Jushin Thunder Liger & The Patriots

Desperados! When will you come to your senses?

It's time, it's time, it's Vader time!

Leaving the company? You lose!

PREDICTIONS

This is a tough one... I like Slater ALOT... but at this jucture i time "War Eagle" Chris Chavis could be huge in WCW with right push... I always liked that name better then "Tatanka" as well

Scotty the Body was/is a decent light heavyweight...

Squash

I'm going to go with the team wit Liger on it... Even though Murdoch is a hall-of-famer in my book... Who played the role of Deadeye dick???

Just hoping Norris survives the match

Taylor leavingmakes it no brainer... C'mon Rotundo, erh, i mean Wallstreet

Archived