TCW: A Quiet Retirement

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God dang PS. A fantastic show all round. I honestly didn't expect Hawkins to turn on Cornell, I always thought that Cornell would dump Hawkins out of the Syndicate. Vilbert certainly is a force to be reckoned with. BTW, is Nathan Priest a heel or face?

Glad to hear you liked it!

So far, there's really only been his declaration as he came out to the ring that he was kicking Canada to the kerb to judge by, but yes, Nathan has turned heel - the smuggest, cheeriest, most happy-go-lucky heel you'll ever encounter.

Oh, and as for Canadian Elemental... his identity's not a secret, but equally it's not something we're acknowledging - the plan is to make him something bigger with the mask. Some folks have probably sussed it already. If the two clues in his appearance here don't give it away, then all I can say is that the man I stole the Tornado Driver has used the same man in a similar rebranding.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/bookbanner.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/book_open-2.jpg

Monday 1st March 2009

And so the Syndicate ends, and to hear the crowd reaction, ends well. Hopefully, between Johnny, the rise of the youngsters, and the Future – or whatever we end up calling Vibert's stable of young talent; I'm not sold on 'the Future' but we'll need a name for it sooner or later – we can keep the kind of attention and sales that the Syndicate brought us rolling in.

But it was time; the Syndicate had power for nearly two years, and that's about as long as a top-level stable can go before it either has to devalue itself with losses or become stale.

Everything always moves on in professional wrestling; we find ourselves with a chance, a window, to showcase the young talent at the very top level. Hopefully the fans will enjoy it; at this stage, they've bought into Aaron, Wolf, and to a lesser extent the others as major players. Now we just have to see whether the boys can carry the load for the next little while... and if they can, once that's established, it's time to change things up again and take advantage of it.

We're preparing for the era after Ricky is gone, Eric, Sam, and so on. Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins are primed to be the next big things, and Tommy has another decade, I'd guess, to help them before we start seeing real falloff there.

I wonder how TCW will look in ten years' time?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/One-Offs/SamKeith.jpg

Monday 1st March 2009

The more things change, the more they stay the same. After having The Syndicate in the middle of everything for so long, they finally come to an end... only to be replaced by a new faction.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when I was told of the plan... but it came off.

Factions is one thing that Eisen don't much like. Supreme uses factions sometimes, but they tend to be a way to give a group of midcarders something to do for awhile. But a major stable can do so much more, as The Syndicate showed. Eisen just prefers keeping the main talent in individual feuds and its pretty much impossible to talk him out of that.

Back in early '97, I managed to talk him into something big. It was when Richard first started giving some serious creative input. I proposed a major heel stable, to be called The Outfit. I was inspired by an article I read about the Chicago underworld. It would've been me, Bruce, and Butler, with either McFly or Faith turning to join us. It would've had every babyface in the company trying to battle us. Then the Nemesis-Cornell thing happened it all got buried.

Goddamned John Campbell.

I gotta hand it to Tommy and Horatio... They had The Syndicate thing play out right. It made new stars and made Hawkins into a star. Especially with having him betray Cornell - that was a key moment and it sets up a feud that every fan wants to see.

As the roster continues to grow here in TCW, I think factions are gonna be even more important. Its going to be a struggle to get everyone involved in a meaningful way. The War to Settle the Score used a lot of multi-mean and multi-team matches to get everyone necessary involved.

The Syndicate might be done. It was time, I guess. But the factions are likely to continue. Like I said, the more things change...

Damn, I applaud one heck of a twist! The Syndicate might be destroyed, but now we have a new power heel stable on top - love it. Overall that was a really good show to read, it's one of those that you wish you could have actually watched instead of just reading.

Now there's a compliment... but I'll admit to really wishing I could've watched the All-Action Invitational and Cage Wars in particular.

I was incredibly jazzed writing this, as the Syndicate collapse was about the first thing I planned out when it came to write this diary, although very little of what went down was planned (Wolf turning on Tommy to end it in a War Games cage at this show with Sam on the other side... uh, that's it).

We finally got there, and to some extent I can't believe it.

I'm going to address a diary format question now. With three TV shows a week, I can't reasonably write all three up in the detail they've had until now and expect to get anywhere before the next TEW is eventually released. (I'm currently hoping for it to be TEW12, to ensure some decent breathing space).

So Badge of Honor is, unfortunately, going to get truncated into a shorter style - at least, that's the plan; I may end up still typing loads. And the BoH predictions are going to go away, just to make sure we still cover a decent number of PPVs - as you must've noticed by now, it takes me for fershluggin' ever to reach the end of any given program.

We're coming up on Fight to the Feedback now. I'm hoping that I'll be able to book the reveal of all the stips early enough to put the voting form out with plenty of time for you all to weigh in.

Great, great stuff. Two questions I'm looking forward to seeing answered:

- How exactly does Vibert's thing map onto a stable? Generally, a stable is a leader (contending for the title), a protege (usually contending for a midcard title), a big enforcer, and a tag team. (Sometimes: a tag team of enforcers.) You can also get some additional figures in there: a manager, a crazy comic-relief guy (usually a high flyer of some sort), and/or a veteran who is clearly past his prime and serves as a kind of mentor/advisor/second-in-command.

And the Syndicate fit that mold pretty perfectly. Cornell led it, Hawkins was the protege, Baine was the muscle, the Machines were the tag team (until they weren't), Edd Stone was the loose cannon, Sam Keith/Jeremy Stone was the veteran. As Keith pointed out, everyone had their place.

But Vibert's people... okay, Wolf moves up to be the title contender. But so is DuBois, right? And while Remo hasn't quite been booked as a potential champion, he's also too good to slot into the Tyson Baine muscle role. Meanwhile, is Frankie Perez the protege? Or is DWN? Are any of these guys old enough to have a protege? Is there a tag team in here? (Perez and DWN? Seemed that way from the writeup, but the match got a C-.)

All in all, it's a pretty amorphous group, and I look forward to seeing how that affects the storylines. I can't help but see DuBois and Hawkins as rivals in a way, even if they are allies. Newton's too good to be fifth place out of five. It seems to me like Vibert has got a bunch of great workers on his hands, and no plan to organize them.

And of course, what now for Tommy Cornell? This was an awesome twist, but it does kind of leave Cornell at loose ends. Assuming he's not going to make a face turn, I can't even think what he does next. He has to do something, after all. He's Tommy Cornell.

(My prediction: he starts riding around on Khoklov's back controlling his actions like Master Blaster.)

Great, great stuff. Two questions I'm looking forward to seeing answered:

- How exactly does Vibert's thing map onto a stable? Generally, a stable is a leader (contending for the title), a protege (usually contending for a midcard title), a big enforcer, and a tag team. (Sometimes: a tag team of enforcers.) You can also get some additional figures in there: a manager, a crazy comic-relief guy (usually a high flyer of some sort), and/or a veteran who is clearly past his prime and serves as a kind of mentor/advisor/second-in-command.

And the Syndicate fit that mold pretty perfectly. Cornell led it, Hawkins was the protege, Baine was the muscle, the Machines were the tag team (until they weren't), Edd Stone was the loose cannon, Sam Keith/Jeremy Stone was the veteran. As Keith pointed out, everyone had their place.

But Vibert's people... okay, Wolf moves up to be the title contender. But so is DuBois, right? And while Remo hasn't quite been booked as a potential champion, he's also too good to slot into the Tyson Baine muscle role. Meanwhile, is Frankie Perez the protege? Or is DWN? Are any of these guys old enough to have a protege? Is there a tag team in here? (Perez and DWN? Seemed that way from the writeup, but the match got a C-.)

All in all, it's a pretty amorphous group, and I look forward to seeing how that affects the storylines. I can't help but see DuBois and Hawkins as rivals in a way, even if they are allies. Newton's too good to be fifth place out of five. It seems to me like Vibert has got a bunch of great workers on his hands, and no plan to organize them.

Without giving too much away... a lot of this is very shrewd.

Davis is 21, Frankie 24, DuBois 21, Remo 26 and Wolf 23. It's an extremely young stable, considering, and I wouldn't call any of them a protege of anyone else.

This group is definitely not intended to be, to coin a phrase, a Syndicate without the suits. How different they come across... we'll, we'll see.

Without giving too much away... a lot of this is very shrewd.

Davis is 21, Frankie 24, DuBois 21, Remo 26 and Wolf 23. It's an extremely young stable, considering, and I wouldn't call any of them a protege of anyone else.

This group is definitely not intended to be, to coin a phrase, a Syndicate without the suits. How different they come across... we'll, we'll see.

But really, I don't want The Syndicate II (Junior Executives). Instead you've got something akin the Natural Born Thrillers, a young hungry group who have a mentor (or manager in this case) who want to rip away the old guard and establish themselves as power players in their prime (or earlier.) (Or Nexus but Nexus is too green.)

It's a different spin on a heel stable. Here they all are, vying for position. Remo is the muscle by default - he's the biggest (I think) and DWN, as good as he is, is the lowest rung on this ladder due to the US not knowing him. That will change quickly but this stable isn't a traditional one.

And I'm looking forward to how that impacts on them and TCW.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/totalwrestlingbanner.jpg

What a night. We're still recovering from the shocks here at TCW headquarters, but we can tell you what's on the slate for this week's Total Wrestling.

Global Tradition go up against the Keith Brothers in a true youth against experience battle, first of all. The Keiths are coming off a tough loss in the Tag Wars, and Matthew Keith may not be back on form - can Global Tradition stake their claim to a higher ranking with a major win?

The first battle between former Syndicate members has been made; Tommy Cornell finds himself going up against Edd Stone. Who exactly requested this match, we're yet to find out - or why. There seems to be no grudge here...

Non-title action follows as Kate Dangerous takes on Raku Makuda.Our Japanese fans will know already of these two's storied rivalry over there; how much of that will come out here?

An interesting tag medley has been assembled to follow; on the one side, Acid pairs up with Champagne Lover. On the other, Canadian Elemental teams with Rocky Golden. Golden will certainly be a fish out of water in this one, but a powerful fish nonetheless...

The Battle of the Bands seems set to continue; the Young Guns have demanded a chance to prove their point against Jack Bruce and his ally Sammy Bach. Expect high-speed combat here, with both teams having something to prove.

Reigning tag team champions the Easy Riders go up against the team they defeated for the belts, in non-title action - the New Wave are looking to get back on the horse with a vengeance. With Blonde Bombshell having registered a pitch for the Keiths to have another shot following Carl Batch's interference on Sunday, who'll come out victorious in the chase? Tonight's matches could tip the scale.

And lastly, in our main event, Phil Vibert's Supreme Specimen goes one on one with TCW's Total Lawman, Rick Law.

All this, plus the announcement of the first new agreed stipulations for Fight to the Feedback - and Phil Vibert and his clients have demanded time to make a statement, which seems likely to happen in decisive fashion.

Prediction Key:

Global Tradition w/ Laura Huggins vs. Keith Brothers w/ Blonde Bombshell

Edd Stone vs. Tommy Cornell

Kate Dangerous vs. Raku Makuda (non-title)

Acid & Champagne Lover w/ Laura Huggins vs. Canadian Elemental & Rocky Golden

Young Guns vs. Jack Bruce & Sammy Bach

Easy Riders w/ Carl Batch vs. New Wave (non-title)

Remo Richardson w/ Phil Vibert vs. Rick Law

Younger guys take the win here

Well didn´t expect Tommy to fight against Edd after what happaned in PPV but non-the-less Tommy won´t lose here.

Unless there is feud starting between these two I don´t see why Raku should win this one

Not sure about this one really but I assume Rocky is actually the top guy here

Way too much star power for Young Guns to overcome despite their tag team experience

Sets up another title shot for New Wave

Could go either way but Remo needs the win more.

Still think the Keiths are in for a tag title run sooner or later. A loss to GT wouldn't help their cred.

Sorry Edd, but it's Tommy.

Let's kick the division up a notch.

Canadian Elemental was positioned strongly on debut, but on the other hand, the Lover is definitely on the rise. It's Acid that makes me give this to Elemental and Golden. They seem the stronger team.

The Guns are a notch above jobbers. Bach is a champ and Bruce has to be hovering at ME level overness. Only one way this is going.

The Wave have been treading water recently as a team, I don't think the Riders/Keiths program is yet concluded.

Time for Vibert's bunch to make their presence felt.

JOBBERS!

Tommy gives his former minion a kicking to make himself feel better.

Keep the champ strong.

Step 1 in the 'Get Canadian Elemental Over' campaign begins!

JOBBERS!

The Riders just took on three other teams and won - everyone else would look like chumps if the Wave won here.

Not Badge Of Honour.

Great PPV Phantom! As others said, it's actually a show that would have been great to see in action. I was totally surprised by Dubois, I was expecting many people but not him. The implosion of the Syndicate opens up so much feud options, it's going to be interesting.

Also, it's totally understandable you want to reduce the work load. As fun as BoH can be, it's still a B show and I don't think anyone will complain about a simple format.

Yeah... if it gets us to the good stuff faster, quick updates on BoH are okay by me. (Especially if there's still a writeup on anything crucial that happens on the show.)

A couple of different-class matchups.

Going to keep guessing Kate until I'm proven wrong.

Champagne Lover could use a push, but Canadian Elemental could use it more.

Jobber tag team vs. two of the top guys in the promotion. Surprised this is so late in the show, though I guess Bruce and Bach's fame justifies it.

I don't see the Wave getting the title back, or even contending, just yet.

Remo Richardson w/ Phil Vibert vs. Rick Law - DRAW/NO CONTEST

And... here's where everything blows up. I don't think Remo wins clean -- Rick Law is possibly a top-3 face in this company right now, definitely top-5, and Remo isn't even necessarily top-3 in his stable. So... Law DQ win, maybe. But given the star power shortage on the rest of this card, I'm predicting some real craziness.

- The Global Tradition is... midcard/upper-mid gatekeepers. Also Them Keith Boys have been tagging since inception.

- Tommo ain't falling this far, this fast and losing to the free spirited Eddo. It's still his company after all. Actually know what, forget that. Eddo wins this through shennanigans. Likely by Vibert's Wolf. They offer Eddo a spot, but he gets distracted by the cotton candy vendor. Oh... cotton candy. Yum!

- I think Kate remains looking like a champion. No point in making the division too equal. Unless RDJ is banging Makuda.

- Golden Balls to the Champagne Center! Ouch.

- Sorry, the Guns are done. Enjoy your Job.

- Then New Wave get their win back but since it's non-title it doesn't matter.

Remo w/ Phil Vibert vs. Rick Law

- It's no BoH (which, honestly PS, you could give as a point form before Total Wrestling, if something major occurred - injury, allegiance change let us know) and Remo needs to look impressive for the Now and the Future.

Whilst you could sell a loss for the Keith's on the back of them being broken down from the Tag title match, I just don't see Global Tradition as being over enough without it hurting the Keith's.

No offence to the master of Edd-Fu but Cornell's fall from the top isn't going to be this rapid.

Makuda's decent enough skill wise to win this, thing is I don't think she's over enough.

Mostly to begin getting Canadian Elemental over....it could easily go the other way though.

The Young Guns turn up for work and you know what they do their JOB and they'll do it well, then they'll go home proud of the JOB that they have just done.

New Wave have been treading water so much of late I almost forgot they exist, but here they come back and remind everyone of the dominant tag team they are.....other teams have had their chance to knock the Easy Riders off the Tag Team mountain but now the real men are back and they want their belts back.

Whilst Remo's initial impact within TCW was basically blown, he is beginning to recover some of the aura he had when he first stepped inside a TCW ring and with Vibert's stable now looking to be the new dominant force , I think he picks up the win here.

My general prediction for Vibert's group is that they will be dominant at the start but will then implode under the weight of too many egos.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TCW.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg

TCW Presents Total Wrestling

Tuesday Week 1 March 2009

Live on GNN Total Sports (Rating 16.33)

Rebroadcast on Continental Sports X1 (Rating 0.02)

Held at the Manhattan National Center (Tri State)

Attendance: 20,898

Announcers:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JasonAzaria_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/HoratioDangerous_FIN6a.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ShawnDoakes.jpg

Jason Azaria – Horatio Dangerous – Shawn Doakes

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/PhilVibert.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DavisWayneNewton.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FrankiePerez.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/MarcDuBois-1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Remo.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/WolfHawkins.jpg

As the show begins, Phil Vibert and his clients are in the ring. He holds up the microphone, pointing at Davis Wayne Newton. “Twenty one,” he says, and moves to point at Remo Richardson. “Twenty six.” Perez. “Twenty four.” DuBois. “Twenty one.” Hawkins. “Twenty three.

“If these were any other five men, they would be, at best a possible future for the business.

“These five are the present. These five men represent a stronger force than any other friendship, any other alliance, any other group you will find in professional wrestling, mixed martial arts, hockey, football, whatever the hell you want to name.

“You are living in the Golden Age of professional wrestling and these men are why.”

Remo takes the microphone. “The biggest icons in wrestling walk down that ramp,” he says. “All I've ever seen is crosshairs on every damn one. I've got a point to make here, and anyone who wants to stop me...” He grins. “They're welcome.”

The microphone is passed to Frankie Perez. “I destroyed Kingman's kid to take a new name for myself,” he says. “I am the new Crippler. It's a long time since anyone had this little trouble defending a title in TCW. Matter of fact, I don't think you'll ever get the thing off me.”

DuBois takes it next. “If Sunday night wasn't enough to make a statement,” he says, and smirks, “then I guess you're just going to have to watch the next few weeks.

“It's a funny thing... when someone jumps sides you'll normally see people online saying they don't deserve to be here.” He grins. “Haven't heard a peep out of those doubters. Everyone knows what I can do, huh?”

The microphone goes to Davis Wayne Newton. “Remo made a statement,” he says. “Frankie talked about his credentials. Marc made a promise.” He glances sidelong at Hawkins. “I don't know what Wolf is going to say. But I think, for me, it's going to be a promise.

“I may lose from time to time, but I learn from every licking I take. I'm going to start winning, and next year, at Malice in Wonderland, I'm going to win the Ticket to the Top.” He nods at the briefcase Hawkins is carrying. “And once I've won it, I'm going to hold on to that sucker for a full year. January 2011 is the month I cash it in... January 2011 is the date I become World Heavyweight Champion.”

The rest of the group nod approvingly, and Hawkins accepts the microphone. “You all know damn well what I can do,” he says. “So I promise nothing. And I ain't going to brag, either. I've got some business to clear up.

“First off, thanks to Sam Keith. You planted the seed that opened my eyes.” A smirk. “You didn't mean me good by it, of course, but I'll get to you for that.

“Next... Tommy.” He paces the ring. “Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...” There's a broad grin on his face. “You found me, you saw my potential, you trained me, you brought me into the business. I guess I gotta thank you for that.

“But you got too paranoid, Tommy. And you made a group that was all about you.

“We aren't like that, Tommy. We're all in this for what we can get out of it, sure, but we've got each other's backs. We stand and fall on the money we can make ourselves.

“You were born ten years too early, Tommy. You're the wrong generation.

“Because that's what we are; we're the best of the generation that gives you the Golden Age of wrestling.

“When our careers are done, professional wrestling is over. We are Generation Omega.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/totalbanner.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JDMorgan.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JoelBryant.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LauraCatherineHuggins.jpg

Global Tradition w/ Laura Huggins

vs.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/GregGauge-1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/MatthewKeith.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/BlondeBombshell.jpg

Keith Brothers w/ Blonde Bombshell

This one is hectic, a good opening contest for what the announcers are, with some hyperbole, calling “the new era of TCW” - good in that it emphasises that business is strong as usual, and with the Keiths dominating chunks of the matches, gives Azaria and Doakes plenty of opportunities to point out that the newly-dubbed Generation Omega aren't the only excellent young talents in TCW.

Matthew Keith ends it when he twists the Proton Lock onto Joel Bryant.

Keith Brothers defeated Global Tradition

Rating: B

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/EddStone_alt6.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TommyCornell_alt1jt.jpg

The announce team seem a little puzzled about why Edd would be the first Syndicate man Cornell matches up against, but only until the bell rings; after it does, and Edd goes from a call-me mime with a cutie in the front row to a spinning backfist that drops the owner to the mat, the pace picks up so fast they have to focus on the match in front of them.

Simply put, this contest is excellent; Edd essentially plays the panicky, smug heel schtick to perfection, and by the end of it, between Edd's actions and the betrayal, some few TCW fans are cheering for Cornell.

When Edd goes for the Party's Over, Tommy catches him, boosting him over his shoulder and spinning him to drop him down into the Rough Ride before floating back round to cinch in the Guilt Trip. Edd has no choice, now, but to submit.

Tommy Cornell defeated Edd Stone

Rating: A

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TommyCornell_alt1jt.jpg

Cornell immediately collects the microphone. Breathing hard, he scoops it up and turns to regard the hard camera. “Ok,” he says, getting back into control. “OK... so I guess I lost hold of the reins a while back, huh?”

The crowd still aren't too keen on him, and he shrugs. “I ain't asking you to forgive me,” he says sharply. “I did what seemed right.

“I wasn't trying to drain the company dry, though. And now...” A shrug. “Now someone is. But that ain't the first problem I've got to deal with.

“Midden, if you're listening, you know I haven't been happy with all your stunts. And when I heard about Fight to the Feedback, I thought it was stupid. But...” He grins. “See, I find myself in a tricky position here. I need to pay my star pupil back for what he did to me Sunday. On the other hand, Tyson, my old mucker, wants a piece of me, so does Remo.

“And that's a lot of trouble waiting for me all at once. But happily, I remembered something. I own this company Vibert's trying to kill.

“And that means I get to make some decisions.

“So here goes. At Fight to the Feedback, I will take on Remo... OR Tyson... OR, preferably, Wolf.

“Now I know the three of you are thinking that you want that, so you're thinking of getting the fans into it for ya, jumping me, attacking me, making this month into one towering stack of **** for me... so listen up. Because the two of you the fans DON'T vote into that match go into a match for the World Heavyweight Championship.

“You might want to think long and hard about what you actually want, the three of you.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/KateDangerous.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/RakuMakuda.jpg

Kate Dangerous vs. Raku Makuda

The two women meet up for the second time in TCW, and they put on a match every bit as good as their first, in the tournament to crown the women's champion – but this time, Dangerous has been at least somewhat accepted by the fans, and the videos have helped Makuda as well.

She takes this opportunity, now, to help herself, driving Dangerous back, keeping the champion in a defensive posture all match, and eventually blocking the Half-Nelson Suplex and countering to a DDT. That keeps the champion down while Makuda scrambles to the top rope, launching off in her textbook Swanton Bomb – which, this time, hits home. Makuda hooks the leg and secures the pinfall.

Raku Makuda defeated Kate Dangerous

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Acid_alt2.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ChampagneLover.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LauraCatherineHuggins.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/CanadianElemental.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/RockyGolden_PS2.jpg

Not a bad little display of skill by any of the four men, for what time this gets – which is little; Azaria and Dangerous have been talking up the pedigrees of all four men, particularly discussing the three smaller men with regard to the All-Action Division.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FrankiePerez.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DavisWayneNewton.jpg

The pace is just starting to pick up when Frankie Perez and Davis Wayne Newton arrive. The pair slide under the ropes simultaneously and crash into Acid and Elemental, the pair currently active. Perez stacks up the belt and gives Elemental the hook kick through the belt as before; Golden comes in with a clothesline, but Perez ducks it.

Golden promptly delivers the Rocky Road to Newton and punches Perez backward before he can attack; Champagne Lover hits him a second later, while he's distracted, with the Champagne Sunrise and lays him out with the Lover Stunner.

Lover faces off with the two Generation Omega men, who smirk slightly and fan out – then, abruptly and simultaneously, bail out.

Acid & Champagne Lover went to a double DQ with Canadian Elemental & Rocky Golden

Rating: C+

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/AaronAndrews-1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JoeyMinnesota_alt.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SamKeith.jpg

The Rising Stars are walking along backstage, dressed for the road, sports bags slung over their shoulders. Sam Keith steps out of another doorway. “Guys,” he says. “Listen, I gotta thank you again for your help on Sunday. Looks like we've just ended up with more trouble; I'm sorry if I've helped put you in their sights.”

Andrews smiles. “Glad to help, Sam,” he says. “As for Vibert's lot... you deal with what's in front of you, you know? The Syndicate is done. These guys... we'll deal with 'em.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/MayhemMidden.jpg

“Hey, Sam!” The voice is a shout, and Mayhem Midden has to run to catch up. “Sam, I wanted... excuse me, boys,” this last to the Stars, “Sam, I wanted to talk to you about this month's Pay-Per-View, and the title match.”

Keith looks surprised. “What about it? I thought Tommy -”

“Tommy's only one of the owners, Sam. And if the fans put Tyson against Tommy, then your friend Bloodstone's on his own against two of Generation Omega... which I don't much like.

“So I want to make you a fourth man, whatever happens. The vote on Tommy's match decides half the participants in a Scramble Match for the championship, but Johnny's got someone there to stop it ever being two on one. Sound good?”

Sam smiles. “Works for me, Ken. Thanks.”

Midden nods, and looks at the Stars. “If you boys have an idea for a vote, let me know,” he says. Aaron Andrews grins. “Count on it,” he says.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JackBruce_alt8.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SammyBach_alt1.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/HarryAllen_Grunge3.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SteveGumble_Grunge2.jpg

Jack Bruce & Sammy Bach vs. The Young Guns

This contest is easily one of the best matches the Guns have had in some time, but then, when you consider the caliber of the opposition, that's not surprising.

Their opponents have already started to show the same loyalty to one another that has long been the Guns' trademark, but at the same time, they're less accustomed to working as a team, slower to capitalise on double-teams and to come to the rescue where needed.

This lets the Guns hang with them for a while; they show some real spark and skill, but ultimately, there isn't – quite – enough to help them pull out the win, Sammy Bach instead brings Harry Allen down with his coast-to-coast bulldog and applies the Bach on your Back. With Jack Bruce beating down Steve Gumble on the outside, Allen has no chance of rescue.

Jack Bruce & Sammy Bach defeated the Young Guns

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/GreaseHogg.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LeadBelly.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/CarlBatch.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Guide.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Scout.jpg

Easy Riders w/ Carl Batch vs. The New Wave

Once again, a very, very solid performance, helped by just how damn slick the New Wave can be; but the Riders have fury behind them and a third man at ringside. They pull every trick they can to contain DaVE's finest team, but in the end, all those tricks... they're enough, or near enough.

It's not a smooth finish – Batch shoves Guide from the turnbuckle before the Wave of Violence, and Peter Hopper meets Scout with a big boot on the way down to save Fonda, and even then all they can do to pin Guide is to pile both men on top of him – but the tag team champions pick up another victory by the narrowest of margins.

Easy Riders defeated the New Wave

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JohnnyBloodstone_alt2.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SammyBach_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/EricTyler.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/GreaseHogg.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LeadBelly.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FrankiePerez.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/KateDangerous.jpg

A familiar voice begins to speak as a video plays, showing footage of the Easy Riders... of Sammy Bach... of Eric Tyler, and Frankie Perez, and Kate Dangerous... and most especially, of Johnny Bloodstone. The voice is familiar, but it's so out of place it takes a little while to recognise.

“This Saturday, TCW makes its CBA debut with Saturday Night Showcase. Every week your favourite stars are going to gather with a new venue to show what they can do, just as they do on Tuesday nights.

“You do not want to miss the season premiere; every single title will be on the line, every single match will be for a title, so why not join me on Saturday night? I can absolutely promise you something...”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DuaneFry_alt1.jpg

The video cuts away to reveal the young man speaking. Duane Fry smiles that welcoming smile. “This is going to be a barnstormer.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Remo.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/PhilVibert.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/RickLaw.jpg

The crowd here are so astonishingly enthusiastic...

The battle is hard, tough, and a long, long brawl, and the crowd absolutely buy into Rick Law, getting behind him, but as the fight goes on, it doesn't turn into the kind of classic the fans might be hoping for.

Spot of the match – arguably spot of the night – comes with Remo's counter to the Long Arm of the Law – he literally catches Law coming in, scooping him up to turn the move into the Lumbar Puncture. Rather than go straight for the pin, he follows it up with a Destroyer, then makes the cover. Generation Omega have their first win since their formation.

Remo Richardson defeated Rick Law

Show Rating: B+

[OOC: Total Wrestling up on previous page]

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TCW-1.jpg

Established Votes For Fight to the Feedback:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/One-Offs/Page_1-1.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/One-Offs/tommy.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/One-Offs/title.jpg

Time, first of all, to make an acknowledgement; the name Generation Omega comes from Regis, who came through with something that worked when I'd been saying "I want something better than The Future, but it's not coming".

Now, then...

That opening promo from Generation Omega was awesome, awesome stuff. Very intense and possibly setting things up for an entire year in advance.

And Cornell maybe going face? Unheard of!

Two years, actually - Davis' announcement starts with a PPV 11 months in the future and moves on to the same one a year after that. Reckon he can do it? ;)

I honestly didn't think that Wolf would stay heel. For me, Cornell is the heel because he's *that* good. Wolf would be the face, take the glory and gradually go back to his heel ways or remain the company's blue-eyed star for years. I'll definitely be interested to see where this goes...KUTGW

Ah, the Cornell debate... Horatio will have more to say on this after Badge of Honor, I suspect.

Archived