The Netten Series: BCW

This is carrying on from the APW diary and is from the same savefile. It has randomly generated workers turned on from 2008, and has region locks in place. It also contains my created promotions of All Star Australian Wrestling and Australian Hardcore Wrestling. This diary is set from June 2009.

--

It was a busy, bustling day in the APW offices. After the promotion’s rapid rise in stature across the wrestling world, work was almost constant. Sponsorship negotiations, event planning and talent evaluation was a continual strain on the staff and owner James McMinister had been sensible enough to upgrade from the dingy tool shed that he once called an office.

Head booker Phil Netten, known to Australian fans as perpetual jobber Inferno, was busily sorting through critic reports of the last APW Monday Afternoon Thunder. It all said the same thing. The promotion was stuck in a rut after the run that saw them propel up the ranking charts and was running dull show after dull show. They were winning more fans with each show but the fun was gone and the egos of Swoop McCarthy and Nathan Mackenzie were running way out of line. Macquarie was causing trouble back stage, and starlet Rick Stantz was a constant pain in the arse. Only the emergence of Blitz Simpson and Blake Belushi as up and coming stars did anything to soften the troubles that were about to ignite in this promotion. Netten had brought over revolutionary concepts, but the promotion was rapidly running out of money. Australian Hardcore Wrestling was also doing a great deal to poach APW's stars, and McMinister was continually raging about how The Comedian was trying to put him out of business. It was not a happy time to be part of APW management.

The phone on his desk buzzed with an incoming call. The secretary normally screened the nuisance calls such as those from prospective wrestlers who wanted their shot. This phone call might actually be useful.

“Who is it, Stephanie?”

“Mr. Netten, I have a Mr. Cornell waiting on the line. He wants to talk to you about a job.”

Netten’s jaw dropped and his mouth fuzzed up completely. He frantically googled TCW – there was no news of a head booking job opening up. They couldn’t want him as a wrestler, could they? Hang on a minute..

“This is Phil Netten. I know you’re probably finding this very funny, but I must assure you we trace all phone numbers and will report this as..

“Will you hang on a bloody minute?”

Netten stopped. It was a broad British accent, and he recognized it as Cornell’s. He actually had Tommy Cornell on the phone!

“I’m sorry, Mr. Cornell. I have to say, I wasn’t expecting to hear from you.”

“At least I could actually get hold of you, Netten. You’d be amazed how many big shots ignore my calls.”

“I can’t believe that. What can I do for you, sir?”

“Don’t call me sir – you’re probably only a few years younger than me. I have a proposition for you, Mr. Netten.”

“Go ahead..”

“I will shortly have a head booking job open in my promotion. I would like you to join me as a partner and help revitalize it the same way you have worked wonders over there in Australia.” Netten almost dropped the phone. This was going to change his life forever. It’s the big break that he’d been waiting for. Cornell sensed that Netten was on the verge of meltdown. “Let’s set up a meeting. I’m in London for a few weeks. How about you head home, see your family, and then come meet with me. We can discuss this at leisure. I’ll give the details to your secretary, and look forward to seeing you.”

Netten was just able to utter an affirmative before the line went dead. Shaking, he put the phone down and went round to McMinister’s office. He knocked twice and the door swung open. McMinister was still there, still with that great big snake that greeted him the first time they met. McMinister smiled as he saw his golden child enter.

“What’s up, Phil?”

“James… I’ve had the call.”

Four days later.

Badly jetlagged, Netten had negotiated the maze of the London Underground system. After numerous near misses with commuters he managed to find his way out of the Edgware Road station and re-orientated himself. Nothing around really looked like the type of place that TCW magnate Tommy Cornell would use for an interview, but he tugged out the map with the directions. A short walk later and Netten was presented with a four storey building full of offices. Looking at the plaques on the wall next to the intercom, he spotted something hopeful. “Cornell IT Solutions”. Buzzing on the intercom, he was informed that Mr. Cornell was in an important meeting but that he should be finished soon. The door clicked, and he was ushered in.

Sitting in the small waiting room, Netten found himself reflecting on the journey with APW. From the tiny little room that he first met James in, through the successes in the first year. The emergence of Swoop McCarthy as someone to carry the promotion. The reintroduction of the Megadome. The introduction of the Samoans and the Barracuda as legitimate threats to the stability of the promotion. The first ever TV deal for the group. It had been a good run, but he felt that he deserved this shot. He deserved this chance to make it big. And at only 22! He trembled with excitement, but visibly jumped when the door opened and the secretary informed him that Mr. Cornell was ready for him. Straightening his tie up and smoothing down the suit jacket, Netten walked through the door.

Mr. Cornell,” he began, extending his hand to the man. But – hang on. This isn’t..

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/edwardcornell.jpg

The Meeting

“No need for such formalities, call me Edward.” Edward Cornell. Standing there with a big grin on his face. Tommy’s cousin.

“You’re not Tommy.”

“You’re sharp. I can see why you changed Australian wrestling with attention to detail like that.”

“No, I mean.. I thought I was here about a TCW job.” Edward frowned.

“I don’t know where you would have got that from. I said my name bloody clearly to the secretary.” In a moment of clarity, Netten realized he’d been set up. McMinister had been furious that he’d been offered another job, and must have briefed the secretary on what to do in case someone rang offering anything to Netten.

“I think I know what’s happened here. Thank you for your time, Edward.”

“Excuse me? We have a meeting.”

“No, we had a meeting. I’ve been made a fool of here. I’m sorry. I have a job to get back to.” Netten got up from his seat.

“I have half a million dollars from a TCW trust fund, and I want to reshape British wrestling. I want you at the helm,” Edward blurted it out in a rush, and Netten sat down suddenly. “I can think of no-one else better for this position. You’re known over here, you’re young and talented. We can give you a fledgling promotion packed with young potential. I saw what you were doing with the youth over there in Oz; and I want some of it here.”

“Edward, 21CW and ROF have this place sewn up. MOSC is a hotbed of violence. How on earth can we compete?”

“They try to be edgy. Or in ROF’s case, just dull. We can create an entertaining product which will let us use our popularity and performance of the workers equally. No other promotion offers that here. We get the best of both worlds. With me bankrolling and you booking I can’t see there being an issue.”

“Will we receive ANY assistance from TCW?”

“You can try for a working agreement and talent trades, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. Plus I want to be seen as a separate entity from Tommy. I’m tired of living in his shadow.” Netten paused for a minute. This was a lot of information to take in at once and he was feeling a bit flustered.

“I am under APW contract.” Buying some thinking space.

“Sounds like you coming here has rather upset them. You sure it’s a great idea to go back? You were buried there. I can promise you a main event slot with skills like yours.” With two sentences, Cornell had made his point clear. Netten realized that the APW had effectively ousted him, had set him up. Had taken his meeting with Cornell as almost a declaration of war. Phil Netten realized that this really was his only choice. And most likely his last chance.

“Edward, don’t make me regret this,” he said, standing up to shake Cornell’s hand.

It is the 1<sup>st</sup> of June, 2009. Welcome to future!

Shocking events in the world have generally been covered in my APW diary, but here is a summary of the top 10 promotions for your interest. Any details on other promotions are available – just ask! This will most likely be my last diary - I know the adage is to write for yourself but that doesn't work for me; I hope this is the one that captures people's attention. If you have supported me in the past - thank you. You make a huge difference.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1.EXP%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1.EXP%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1.EXP%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoNoSpacing, li.MsoNoSpacing, div.MsoNoSpacing {mso-style-priority:1; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} table.MsoTableGrid {mso-style-name:"Table Grid"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-priority:59; mso-style-unhide:no; border:solid black 1.0pt; mso-border-themecolor:text1; mso-border-alt:solid black .5pt; mso-border-themecolor:text1; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh:.5pt solid black; mso-border-insideh-themecolor:text1; mso-border-insidev:.5pt solid black; mso-border-insidev-themecolor:text1; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

<table class="MsoTableGrid" style="border: medium none ; border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style="height: 14.8pt;"> <td style="border: 1pt solid black; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 14.8pt;" valign="top" width="319">

General Info

</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: black black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 14.8pt;" valign="top" width="319">

Champions

</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 50.8pt;"> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 50.8pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Supreme Wrestling Federation

Size: Global

Owner: Richard Eisen

Booker: Peter Michaels

World Ranking: 1<sup>st</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 50.8pt;" valign="top" width="319"> SWF World Heavyweight: Christian Faith

SWF North American: Brandon James

SWF Shooting Star: Jay Chord

SWF World Tag Team: Elmo Benson and Groucho Bling

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Pride Glory Honour Wrestling

Size: National

Owner: Seiji Jimbo

Booker: The Great Hisato

World Ranking: 2<sup>nd</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> PGHW Glory Crown: Mito Miwa

PGHW Historical Japan: PRIDE Koiso

PGHW Glory Crown Tag Team: Kozue Kawashima and PRIDE Koiso

</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 73.75pt;"> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 73.75pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Total Championship Wrestling

Size: Cult

Owner: Tommy Cornell

Booker: Joel Bryant

World Ranking: 3<sup>rd</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 73.75pt;" valign="top" width="319"> TCW World Heavyweight: Tommy Cornell

TCW International: Sammy Bach

TCW All Action: Harry Allen

TCW World Tag Team: Sammy Bach and Genghis Rahn

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods

Size: National

Owner: Kaneie Komine

Booker: Haruki Kudo

World Ranking: 4<sup>th</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Burning World Championship: Yasuhiko Taira

Burning Junior Championship: American Elemental

Burning Junior Tag Team: Red Panther and White Samurai

Burning Openweight: Nissho Yuasa

Burning World Tag Team: Toshiki Shibanumo and Everest

</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 64.75pt;"> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 64.75pt;" valign="top" width="319"> World Level Wrestling

Owner: Koji Kojima

Booker: Haru Kurofuji

World Ranking: 5th

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt; height: 64.75pt;" valign="top" width="319"> World Level Universal: Emerald Angel

World Level Show Stealer: UK Dragon

World Level Streetfighting: Haru Kurofuji

World Level Tap Out: Tsurayuki Kamachi

World Level Tag Team: Acid and UK Dragon

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Golden Canvas Grappling

Owner: Hanshiro Furusawa

Booker: Yoshifusa Maeda

World Ranking: 6<sup>th</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> GCG World Heavyweight: Jimmy Cox

GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team: Jack Marlowe and Da Monsta

GCG Openweight Championship: Takayuki 2000<o></o>

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> 5 Star Supreme Wrestling<o></o>

Size: Cult<o></o>

Owner: Sakurako Kagawa<o></o>

Booker: Kuniyoshi Chishu<o></o>

World Ranking: 7th<o></o>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> 5 Star World: Raku Makuda

5 Star Tag Team: Megumi Nakajima<o></o>

5 Star All-Asian: Megumi Nakajima and Jane Butler

<o></o>

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> Inspire Diversity Group International

Owner: Tadiyuki Kikkawa

Booker: Tasuka Iesada

World Ranking: 8<sup>th</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> King of Fighters: Raul Hughes

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> United States Pro Wrestling

Owner: Sam Strong

Booker: Shane Sneer

World Ranking: 9<sup>th</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> USPW World: Peter Valentine

USPW Television: Jumbo Jackson

USPW Womens: Nadia Snow

USPW Tag Team: Jumbo Jackson and Captain USA

</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> North of the Border Pro Wrestling

Owner: Dan Stone

Booker: Victoria Stone

World Ranking: 10<sup>th</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" valign="top" width="319"> NOTBPW Canadian Title: Sean McFly

NOTBPW Tag Team: Dark Angel and RK Hayes

NOTBPW Television: Derek Frost

<o></o>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<o></o>

PLUS:

<table class="MsoTableGrid" style="border: medium none ; border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt solid black; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" align="center" valign="top" width="319"> British Championship Wrestling

Size: Regional

Owner: Edward Cornell

Booker: Phil Netten

World Ranking: 16<sup>th</sup>

</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: black black black -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 239.4pt;" align="center" valign="top" width="319"> BCW British Heavyweight: Vacant

BCW United Kingdom: Vacant

BCW Tag Team: Vacant

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

I toyed with the idea of a BCW diary for ages, but didn't go through with it because of the lack of talented workers free of ties to other promotions. Especially if you're starting at Regional.

Good luck with this'un. I'll be reading.

This diary will NOT follow the same graphical layout of those in the past - there will be pictures and graphics but it will be built within the forum software like many other diaries. Please forgive this large image, it will not display properly otherwise.

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/roster.png

Thank you for the comments so far - I hope the roster gives some surprises and some faces that have been ever popular in other diaries.

Hmmm, was hoping for more independent talent... but an interesting roster nonetheless. And what the hell have you done to the Tower of London? :p

I figure the grooming of independent talent can come once we're established. I'm not a fan of talent stealing but in the UK you are really rather limited. The vast majority of the roster are ageing, so stick with me and you'll see the new blood appearing!

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcw.jpg

British Championship Wrestling presents... BCW Emergence

The finest names in British wrestling have been brought together in a blockbuster promotion and clash for the first time; in London.

The debut show will feature:

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/jossthompson.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/merleocurle.jpg

"The Complete Package" Joss Thompson vs. Merle O'Curle

One Fall Match for the BCW British Heavyweight Championship

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/waltermorgan.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/philnetten.jpg

Walter Morgan vs. Phil Netten

Submission Rules Match

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/alibloxsome.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/gregkeith.jpg

Ali Bloxsome vs. "All Business" Greg Keith

One Fall Match

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/donhenderson.jpg & http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/billyrobinson.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/buffmartinez.jpg & http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/jayb.jpg

The Shooters vs. Hot Stuff

One Fall match for the BCW Tag Team Championship

PLUS: An appearance from Edward Cornell, BCW Owner, and a set from the internationally famous DJ Reason.

Live and on internet broadcasts; 7pm, July 1st 2009.

---

Okay, have never done a "inline" forum post for a diary before, but I quite like it. We'll see how the the show goes with it. I realise most don't do predictions for the first few shows, but just in case:

~ "The Complete Package" Joss Thompson vs. Merle O'Curle (BCW British Heavyweight Championship)

~ Walter Morgan vs. Phil Netten (Submission Match)

~ Ali Bloxsome vs. "All Business" Greg Keith

~ The Shooters vs. Hot Stuff (BCW Tag Team Championship)

~ "The Complete Package" Joss Thompson vs. Merle O'Curle (BCW British Heavyweight Championship)

Guesses for the most part. Joss Thompson was my chosen one when I played 21CW, and Greg Keith is a future megastar, so... yeah.

Same as Self, except for the main event. I have a bad feeling though, that Phil Netten will win.. I honestly hope that won't happen.

Same as Self, except for the main event. I have a bad feeling though, that Phil Netten will win.. I honestly hope that won't happen.

Thanks for the predictions, you two!

Out of interest - why do you hope Phil Netten doesn't pick up the win? He spent the last year and a half getting smashed to bits in Australia - surely he's due now? :D:p

BCW Emergence

July 1, 2009

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcwemergence.jpg

Live on Internet Broadcast and in front of 774 people from Parliament Square, South of England.

Your commentary team

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bernieevans.jpg and http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/mannymorhan.jpg

Bernie Evans and Manny Morhan

Bernie Evans: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to history in the making. I'm Bernie Evans and with me is superfan Manny Morhan.

Manny Morhan: Thank you, Bernie. This is a huge night in British wrestling, folks. We will have the very first BCW champions crowned tonight and let me tell you there is not a man in that lockerroom that wouldn't want one of these titles.

Bernie Evans: The first event of a new promotion is always an exciting time; these fans are expecting big things. If you're watching via our internet broadcast, settle in and get comfortable; it's going to be quite a night.

Match 1

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/donhenderson.jpg & http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/billyrobinson.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/buffmartinez.jpg & http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/jayb.jpg

The Shooters vs. Hot Stuff

One Fall match for the BCW Tag Team Championship

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcwtagteam.jpg

Not an awful match, but the BCW management will have been hoping that this would have kicked off on a stronger note. Many commented that Hot Stuff dragged this match down, so it will come as no surprise that this was a fairly short match wherein the Shooters got to show off. Don Henderson continually badgered Jay B and Buff Martinez around the ring with ferocious flurries of punches, and Billy Robinson continued the barrage whenever possible. Hot Stuff quickly tired and found themselves strung out, and the Shooters showed why they were first in line for the title. It was all over when Don Henderson locked in the Scottish Deathlock on Jay B and forced him to submit.

Verdict: The Shooters win and are the new BCW Tag Team Champions!

Match Rating: E+

Angle 1

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/edwardcornell.jpg

We cut backstage to Edward Cornell. The boss of BCW is meeting and greeting with a few people backstage, all dressed up in business attire as he will not be competing tonight. With the cameras following, he turns the corner and to his horror..

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/waltermorgan.jpg

Walter Morgan has been savaged, beaten and left in a pool of his own blood. Screaming for a medic, Edward tries to gain some form of consciousness from the downed Morgan, but the camera cuts back to the arena without fans seeing any resolution and leaves the commentators arguing as to whether he will actually fight tonight.

Angle Rating: D

Match 2

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/alibloxsome.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/gregkeith.jpg

Ali Bloxsome vs. "All Business" Greg Keith

One Fall Match

"The Signing of the Century", as some fansites are calling Greg Keith, came out to a mixed reception from a crowd that knew little about him. With a large steel briefcase in hand and in a smart business suit, he made his way to the ring before stripping down to more acceptable wrestling attire. Ali Bloxsome was clearly better known to the fans than Keith, and they got on with the match. Greg Keith showed real wisdom beyond his age and quickly settled down to picking apart Bloxsome's legs and back. After a small amount of back and forth action, Keith began to show superior conditioning and took control. Continuing the assault on Bloxsome's legs, Keith set him up for the deadly Proton Lock and got it set, forcing the second submission of the evening and getting a huge win over the UEW owner.

Verdict: Greg Keith wins.

Match Rating: D-

Angle 2

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/alibloxsome.jpg w/ http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/gregkeith.jpg

Ali Bloxsome with Greg Keith

After the match, Greg Keith is celebrating after putting his business clothes back on. Seizing the metal briefcase back, he goes after Bloxsome, and caves the veteran's skull in with it in a horrific attack. To the boos of the crowd, Keith smiles and waves his way up the ramp.

Angle Rating:E-

Match 3

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/philnetten.jpg

As Phil Netten made his way to the ring, the commentators put over the fact that his opponent had indeed been taken to hospital, but that a replacement had been found. The crowd hushed, waiting to see who it was..

vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/inferno.jpg

Phil Netten vs. Inferno

Submission Match

It was hard to tell who was more surprised - Phil Netten or the fans. Netten was set to face himself in this match - or most likely an imposter under the mask. The masked man ran down to the ring and the referee rang the bell, but Netten was clearly off his game due to the sheer confusion that someone would masquerade as him. This was a really good technical match wherein both men got chances to win, but in the end Phil Netten found himself in a bad position and was smashed to the ground by a pair of running knee strikes for the quick pin.

Verdict: Inferno wins.

Match Rating: D

Angle 3

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/philnetten.jpg w/ http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/inferno.jpg

Phil Netten with Inferno

A possibly concussed Phil Netten began to pick himself up, but finds Inferno waiting and stalking his every move. Inferno locked him into a crossface and held it until the head booker passed out, cementing an awful night for the boss.

Angle Rating:E+

Match 4

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/jossthompson.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/merleocurle.jpg

"The Complete Package" Joss Thompson vs. Merle O'Curle

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcwheavyweight.jpg

Tonight's main event between the two premier wrestlers in the promotion. These two did not fail to disappoint - if anything it was the commentary that let this particular match down and held it back. An excellent technical match with many near falls and close shaves, and Merle settled amazingly well into his new face disposition. He engaged well with the crowd, but needs to measure it better as several times the wily Thompson took advantage of O'Curle's attention being elsewhere. The Irish Assassin took the match under his control then, showing a fantastic grasp of fluid mat wrestling which Thompson simply could not get out of. Locked into an arm bar and desperate to escape, Thompson somehow managed to trip the ref onto the ropes and the fragile Gary Garrett tumbled out of the ring. This allowed Thompson to low blow O'Curle and put him down with a flash clothesline, before stripping the padding from the turnbuckle. He baited and lured O'Curle into attempting a lariat, and tripped him face first onto the turnbuckle which stunned the irishman. As Garrett slid back into the ring, seemingly unaware that Joss had caused the trip, Thompson smashed Merle with a Clean Cutter which allowed him to pick up the screwy win after an excellent match.

Verdict: Joss Thompson wins and is the new BCW British Heavyweight Champion!

Match Rating: C

Angle 4

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/jossthompson.jpg w/ http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/dannypatterson.jpg

Joss Thompson with Danny Patterson

As Thompson celebrates, the newly facepainted Danny Patterson stomps out from behind the curtain, mic in hand. In response, Thompson calls for a mic and climbs the turnbuckle.

Joss Thompson: Get out of here, you ugly pierced idiot!

Danny Patterson: Tonight, Thompson, you have committed a major offence. Not only did you have to cheat and decieve to win the title, you have also spit on the very name of the belt.

Joss Thompson: Hang on a minute, Mr. Tower. You can come out and cry, but you can't deny that with this title I am now truly "The Complete Package". I earned this!

Danny Patterson: You're a complete package of ****e, mate. You bring nothing new or special to this promotion, aside from a load of dull flipping about. And it's a bloody travesty that out of all the people in this promotion, the holder of the very first BCW British Heavyweight championship is a bastard Yank! Prove it to me at the London Brawl - defend your title against the Tower of London and try to survive..

Patterson drops the mic and heads backstage, not even giving Thompson time to accept that challenge.

Angle Rating:D

Improvements in skill: Jay B improves in rumble and technical skills, and Buff Martinez in technical.

Chemistry Found: None found.

Final Event Rating: D

Prediction Competition:

The Walter Morgan vs. Phil Netten match has been discounted, thus:

Self: 3/3

Flamesnoopy: 2/3

Marcel Fromage: 3/3

Self and Marcel will each receive a "Complete Package" of Joss Thompson merchandise as a prize. Keep predicting to win even more wonderful BCW loot; we'll see you back for BCW London Brawl on the first of August!

Wow, that was a lot of work to get formatted properly, but I'm really pleased with it. I'll put up predictions for the next card shortly; thank you for your predictions and I hope I've managed to get some readers :)

Thanks NoNeck!

Good show, you seem to be way better in matches than angles though. And nice logo :)

Yeah, that's due to a product screwup that I have now fixed, should be better next time. And I forgot to credit you for the logo, will fix that now!

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcw.jpg

British Championship Wrestling presents... BCW London Brawl

After a successful debut show, BCW proudly announce their second show.

The card is confirmed as thus:

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/jossthompson.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/dannypatterson.jpg

"The Complete Package" Joss Thompson vs. "The Tower of London" Danny Patterson

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcwheavyweight.jpg

After "The Complete Package" took the title in controversial circumstances, he will face Danny Patterson one on one to defend his right to be the British champion.

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/joeybeauchamp.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/adammatravers.jpg

"The Breeze" Joey Beauchamp vs. "Mile High" Adam Matravers

One Fall Ladder Match

United Kingdom Championship Match

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/bcwukjpg.jpg

Former UEW booker Joey Beauchamp has been awarded this match as a loyalty bonus for jumping ship from UEW to work exclusively with us. Primarily a high flyer, he should work well against Matravers. BCW management has decided to make this a ladder match to showcase the talents of both men, and put the United Kingdom title up for grabs for the winner..

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/edwardcornell.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/donhenderson.jpg

Edward Cornell vs. "The Terror of the Highlands" Don Henderson

One Fall Match

BCW Owner Edward Cornell is keen to get his first BCW match under his belt, and has arranged a match with one half of the tag team champions in which will be a tough test for Eddie.

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/waltermorgan.jpg vs. http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/bcw/inferno.jpg

Walter Morgan vs. Inferno

One Fall Match

Done out of his match last week by a vicious backstage assault, Walter Morgan gets a chance to take on Inferno; the man who many suspect was behind the assault. Phil Netten will keep a close eye on this match - after all, he wrestled as Inferno in Australia.

Live from Parliament Square, London (South) and on internet broadcasts; 7pm, August 1st 2009.

---

Predictions for anyone interested - you could win some high quality tat!

~ "The Complete Package" Joss Thompson vs. "The Tower of London" Danny Patterson (BCW British Heavyweight Championship)

~ "Mile High" Adam Matravers vs. "The Breeze" Joey Beauchamp (Ladder Match for the BCW United Kingdom Championship)

~ "The Terror of the Highlands" Don Henderson vs. Edward Cornell

~ Walter Morgan vs. Inferno

• 3 weeks later...

I am SERIOUSLY sorry about this. My ISP screwed up big style, disconnected us for some unknown reason; and we have had to sit here and wait for them to reconnect the line as if we were new customers.

I have NOT abandoned this diary - I am visiting someone and stealing their wireless to leave this message - I will be updating as soon as the internet company get their arses in gear.

Thank you for your support; this diary is NOT like the APW one which went unupdated for weeks at a time - this has been forced out of my hands :(

Archived