WCW vs WWF: The Lines Are Drawn

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-900-909-SMARK

Today on the Smart Mark Pro Wrestling hotline, you'll hear details on why WWF Superstar Hacksaw Jim Duggan refused WWF's negotiations to re-sign him before his contract is up. What was his reason for refusing? Will he end up in World Championship Wrestling? These are two questions that will be answered on the hotline, so call now!

Just $1 for the first minute, and 50 cents each additional minute. Kids, be sure to get your parents permission before calling

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/ppv/ppv/img/logo-wm07.jpg

WWF Wrestlemania VII

Held at the Shea Stadium in front of 44,253 people in attendance

Sunday, Week 4, March 1991

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/rsz_shea_10-12-07.jpg?t=1250293609

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/rsz_mariah_carey02.jpg?t=1250294301

Grammy award winning singer Mariah Carey comes out and sings the U.S. National Anthem, receiving a standing ovation for her stirring rendition.

Owen Hart defeated Tiger Mask in 7:35 by submission with a Sharpshooter. Owen Hart makes defence number 10 of his WWF National title.

Owen Hart and Jimmy Hart have excellent chemistry together. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Rating: C

Tito Santana defeated The Mountie in 7:33 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm.

Tito Santana and The Mountie don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Tito Santana is improving in Performance skills.

Rating: C-

Yokozuna defeated Bob Backlund in 7:46 by pinfall with a Banzai Drop.

Yokozuna was visibly tiring toward the end. Slick did some good work at ringside. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The The Streak storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match.

Rating: B-

The British Bulldog defeated Honky Tonk Man in 8:16 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match lifted the crowd.

Rating: B

Kerry Von Erich defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 12:42 by submission with The Claw.

Sgt. Slaughter was visibly tiring toward the end. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Jake Roberts defeated Razor Ramon in 13:17 by pinfall with a DDT.

This match lifted the crowd.

The Legion Of Doom defeated The Narcissists in 13:14 when Rick 'The Model' Martel was disqualified while fighting Road Warrior Hawk.

Road Warrior Hawk seemed off his game tonight. Road Warrior Animal looked good out there. The Will The Narcissists Meet Their Doom? storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd. Road Warrior Hawk is improving in Rumble skills.

Bret Hart defeated Mr Perfect in 18:18 by submission with a Sharpshooter. Bret Hart wins the WWF Intercontinental title.

Bret Hart and Mr Perfect have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The The Perfect Challenger storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

Rating: A

Randy Savage defeated Jerry Lawler in 13:12 by pinfall with a Macho Elbow.

Jerry Lawler was visibly tiring toward the end. Randy Savage and Jerry Lawler have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The The REAL King storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

Rating: A

The Undertaker defeated The Ultimate Warrior in 13:13 when The Undertaker trapped The Ultimate Warrior in the casket

The Ultimate Warrior was exhausted by the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The The Ultimate Revenge storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

A final video package showcasing the fued between Hulk Hogan and The Million Dollar Man is shown

The Money and the Power storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Rating: A*

Hulk Hogan defeated Million Dollar Man in 12:42 by pinfall with a Big Boot and Leg Drop. Hulk Hogan wins the WWF World Heavyweight title.

Hulk Hogan and Million Dollar Man just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The Money and the Power storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

After the match, the new WWF World Heavyweight champion Hulk Hogan celebrates by posing for the crowd, as the show goes off the air

This segment lifted the crowd.

Show Rating: B+

Edit: Note to self, don't make dinner in the middle of typing up your predictions.

WWF World Heavyweight Title Match

Hulk Hogan vs The Million Dollar ©

1.) It's Wrestlemania, in the early 90s. That means the face wins, to send the kids home happy.

2.) Two words: Creative Control

Casket Match

The Undertaker vs The Ultimate Warrior

Rest in peace, Mr. Warrior Warrior.

Memphis Street Fight

Randy Savage vs Jerry Lawler

Savage is basically a god, both in the ring, and on the mic. Lawler will look good, but he'll get screwed out of the victory.

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect ©

I'm Canadian, so it's practically the law to root for Bret.

WWF World Tag Team Titles Match

The Legion Of Doom vs The Narcissists ©

Even with his cool new tag team, there's only so long before Shawn Michaels goes solo. Besides, a team like The Narcissists can only explode, with egos clashing. Rick Martel makes a fine face, so have at 'er.

The British Bulldog vs Honky Tonk Man

My boy Davey takes the win here. Rhythm 'n' Blues is a fine tag team, but that's where Honky should stay. His days as a singles performer are over, and the Bulldog's are just beginning.

Razor Ramon vs Jake Roberts

The battle of the drunks. The Snake is a favourite of everyone, but there's a reason that his career never reached the upper echelon. He's just way too inconsistent. Scott Hall isn't a raging alcoholic yet, so he's got a chance at a future.

Sgt. Slaughter vs Kerry Von Erich

Slaughter's way over the hill. Von Erich is still in his prime.

Yokozuna vs Bob Backlund

BONZAI!!!

WWF National Title Match

Tiger Mask vs Owen Hart ©

Baby Owen holds the belt for quite some time.

Tito Santana vs The Mountie

This is a tough call. I'm making this pick based on age, and the fact that Santana is as high up the card as he'll ever be. The Mountie beats El Matador.

9/11 this time Greg McNeish. That's still great considering how many matches there were. I didn't really want to post until you got your predictions in, so I'm glad to see that you did after all.

I have to say that you made me laugh hysterically again by calling Razor vs Jake the battle of the drunks. I didn't even think of it when I put the match together.

Yeah, Hogan and his creative control is gonna be a issue. I can see now that when I want him to drop the title, he's never going to want to do it. I now envy you seeing as though you still have Warriror as your champ, who will whine, but can't pull the creative control card. Enjoy it while it lasts, and wish me luck lol.

Thanks again for reading and predicting

Yeah, Hogan and his creative control is gonna be a issue. I can see now that when I want him to drop the title, he's never going to want to do it. I now envy you seeing as though you still have Warriror as your champ, who will whine, but can't pull the creative control card. Enjoy it while it lasts, and wish me luck lol.

There's a pretty big part of me that wants to keep the title off Hogan forever. The rest of me looks at his Entertainment skills, and his Popularity, and thinks that he SHOULD be champion until he retires.

I can sympathize with Vince on that one.

Great show. You're keeping an incredible pace. I wish I could crank out shows like this, but I think I micromanage way too much.

Cheers!

There's a pretty big part of me that wants to keep the title off Hogan forever. The rest of me looks at his Entertainment skills, and his Popularity, and thinks that he SHOULD be champion until he retires.

I can sympathize with Vince on that one.

Great show. You're keeping an incredible pace. I wish I could crank out shows like this, but I think I micromanage way too much.

Cheers!

That's the same way I looked at the Hogan situation. Guess I gotta deal with the consequences now.

Thanks for the kind words, and as always, thanks for reading.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/rsz_1rsz_wwf_logo_90.jpg?t=1249599836

NEWS

Monday, Week 1, April 1991

- World Wrestling Federation has come to terms on the release of Dustin Rhodes, and Sapphire. The WWF wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/WWFPrimetimeWrestling.jpg?t=1249670710

WWF Primetime Wrestling Preview

Bret Hart © vs Sgt. Slaughter

Randy Savage vs Jim Duggan

Legion Of Doom vs Rhythm 'n' Blues

Dino Bravo vs Kerry Von Erich

Yokozuna vs Max Moon

+ appearances by Hulk Hogan, Million Dollar Man, The Undertaker, and Mr. Perfect

The first of many successful defenses for my Canadian Hero.

Savage is God.

Gotta stay hot for their inevitable return match, against the champs.

The DinoSaur falls to the Claw.

Yokozuna vs Max Moon

Yoko will squash him down to his "moon weight". BONZAI!!!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/WWFPrimetimeWrestling.jpg?t=1249670710

WWF Primetime Wrestling

Taped at the Sacramento Arco Arena in front of 10,000 people in attendance (SOLD OUT!)

Wednesday, Week 1, April

Yokozuna defeated Max Moon in 3:24 by pinfall with a Leg Drop.

Slick did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The The Streak storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match.

Rating: C-

Kerry Von Erich defeated Dino Bravo in 8:18 by submission with an Iron Claw.

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Kerry Von Erich is improving in Performance skills.

Rating: C+

The Legion Of Doom defeated Rhythm 'n' Blues in 13:26 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Honky Tonk Man by pinfall with a Doomsday Device.

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. Greg Valentine would be better off without Jimmy Hart, they simply don't work well together. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Road Warrior Animal looked good out there. The Will The Narcissists Meet Their Doom? storyline has continued with this match.

Mr. Perfect is shown backstage with his manager Bobby Heenan. Heenan starts the promo by reading a contract of some sorts which states that once a champion makes a certain number of defenses, he he entitled to a rematch as soon as he loses the title. Heenan continues by saying that Perfect has defended enough times, so he's demanding his rematch to take place at the Backlash pay-per-view.

With a stern look on his face, Perfect adds that the only reason he lost the match was because he had a bad fever, and had it not been for that, he would have easily defeated the Hitman. He then says that at Backlash, he will become the WWF Intercontinental champion yet again.

Bobby Heenan helped Perfect during this segment. The The Perfect Challenger storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Rating: B+

Randy Savage defeated Jim Duggan in 12:49 by pinfall with a Macho Elbow.

This match lifted the crowd.

Jake Roberts welcomes everyone to The Snake Pit, and reveals that his guest this week is The Undertaker. After Jake welcomes The Undertaker and Paul Bearer, he immediately addresses them by saying that he's impressed with how dominant The Undertaker has been, but that he feels the key to his dominance is the intimidation factor. Paul Bearer then interrupts and asks Jake if he is scared of The Undertaker, to which he replies that he definitely isn't.

Jake reveals that not only is he not afraid, but also that he would defeat The Undertaker. The Undertaker then gets into Jake's face, and the two have an intense staredown. From out of nowhere, Paul Bearer strikes Roberts with the urn, allowing The Undertaker to get the upper hand, which he uses by picking Jake up and giving him a Tombstone Piledriver.

The Cold Blooded storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Bret Hart defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 12:57 by submission with a Sharpshooter. Bret Hart makes defence number 1 of his WWF Intercontinental title.

Sgt. Slaughter was visibly tiring toward the end. This match lifted the crowd. Sgt. Slaughter is improving in Technical skills.

Hulk Hogan comes to the ring with a mic in hand, and he starts his speech by thanking all of the Hulkamaniacs for their support, and that he couldn't have won the title without them. Before he can get another word out, an elderly fan jumps the rail, and attacks the Hulkster from behind with his cane. After knocking the champ to the ground, the fan takes off his disguise, and is revealed to have been The Million Dollar Man all along. Dibiase laughs, and continues his vicious attack with the WWF World Heavyweight title.

To the delight of the crowd, the music of The Ultimate Warrior begins to play, as he sprints to the ring to help Hogan. Warrior chases The Million Dollar Man out of the ring, as he stands over a downed Hulk Hogan. Then in a move that shocks the crowd beyond belief, The Warrior runs to the ropesm sprinting himself toward Hogan for a big Warrior Splash. The Million Dollar Man returns to the ring with a big grin on his face to raise Warrior's hand in victory, as the show goes off the air

The Money and the Power storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Show Rating: B+

The first of many successful defenses for my Canadian Hero.

Savage is God.

Gotta stay hot for their inevitable return match, against the champs.

The DinoSaur falls to the Claw.

Yokozuna vs Max Moon

Yoko will squash him down to his "moon weight". BONZAI!!!

^Back to your perfect ways

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/wcwsatnight.jpg?t=1249702173</span><p> <strong>WCW Saturday Night Preview</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Sting says he has a big announcement. What will it be? Tune in Saturday to find out.</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> <div style="text-align:center;"><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">NWA World Heavyweight Title Match</span></strong></p><p> Rick Rude © vs Ron Simmons</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW World Tag Team Titles Match</span></strong></p><p> The Steiner Brothers © vs Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda</p><p> </p><p> Michael Hayes vs Brian Pillman</p><p> </p><p> The Brainbusters vs Ricky Morton & Tom Zenk</p><p> </p><p> Sabu vs Taz</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW World Television Title Match</span></strong></p><p> Stunning Steve Austin © vs Jushin Thunder Liger</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;">+ appearances by Ric Flair, Sting, Sid Vicious, Dusty Rhodes, and Big Van Vader</span></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p>NWA World Heavyweight Title Match</p><p>

<strong>Rick Rude ©</strong> vs Ron Simmons</p><p>

<em>Simmons lost to Dick Murdoch. He's no match for the Ravishing one.</em></p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match</p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers ©</strong> vs Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda</p><p>

<em>More steam for the champs.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Michael Hayes vs <strong>Brian Pillman</strong></p><p>

<em>A nice looking match. This should be fairly open, but I'm going for what I'd consider a mild upset, with Pillman squeeking one out.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Brainbusters</strong> vs Ricky Morton & Tom Zenk</p><p>

<em>And one for the challengers.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Sabu vs Taz</p><p>

<em>Two ECW guys, in the pre-ECW era. Double DQ, or some other garbage.</em></p><p> </p><p>

WCW World Television Title Match</p><p>

Stunning Steve Austin © vs <strong>Jushin Thunder Liger</strong></p><p>

<em>You seem to be leading somewhere with this, so I'll take an inconclusive victory for Liger. Count out or DQ, as I don't see the title changing hands. This way, Austin won't be able to say that there's no competition.</em></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/wcwsatnight.jpg?t=1249702173</span><p>

<strong>WCW Saturday Night</strong></p><p><strong>

Taped at the Oklahoma City Arena in front of 10,000 people in attendance (sold out!)</strong></p><p><strong>

Thursday, Week 1, April 1991</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Stunning Steve Austin</strong> defeated <strong>Jushin Thunder Liger</strong> in 7:42 by pinfall with a Stun Gun. Stunning Steve Austin makes defence number 11 of his WCW World Television title. </p><p> </p><p>

<em>Paul E. Dangerously did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The No Competition storyline has continued with this match. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> C</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>********************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">After the match, Stunning Steve Austin gets on the mic, and says that although Jushin Thunder Liger took him to two time limit draws before, he still never beat him, and wasn't any match for his superior skillset afterall. Before he could say another word, the music of the WCW United States champion Beautiful Bobby Eaton plays, as he comes out with a microphone in his hand. </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

He tells Austin that he is tired of him claiming that there is no competition because if it's competition that he seeks, then he's looking at it. Eaton continues by challenging Austin to a match at SuperBrawl in a champion vs champion match, where the winner takes all. Austin responds by saying "You're on," as the stare each other down from the aisle and the ring.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Paul E. Dangerously helped Austin during this segment. The No Competition storyline has continued with this segment. Beautiful Bobby Eaton is improving at acting. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> C+</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>********************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Taz</strong> defeated <strong>Sabu</strong> in 8:29 by submission with a Tazmission.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Billy Graham did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> C-</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brian Pillman</strong> defeated <strong>Michael Hayes</strong> in 13:06 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Brian Pillman and Michael Hayes just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> C+</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Brainbusters</strong> defeated <strong>Ricky Morton and Tom Zenk</strong> in 12:41 when Tully Blanchard defeated Ricky Morton by pinfall with a Suplex.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Tammy Lynn Sytch did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The performance of Arn Anderson stood out as being good. The The Brainbusters vs The Steiner Bros storyline has continued with this match. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Rating:</em> B-</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">The announcers reveal that Sting's big announcement is coming up now, as they turn toward the giant screen. The video starts, and Sting is shown in a hospital room laying in bed. With all the strength he could muster, he begins to address his fans by saying that due to numerous doctors' advice, he will be retiring from wrestling effective immediately. He thanks all his fans for the get well wishes and support, and that he's sorry to disappoint them.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

He continues by telling Sid that what he did to him was cowardly, that he will never forgive him, and that he will get his sooner or later. Then with a fiery look of revenge in his eyes, he reveals that one way or another, Sid will pay.</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Sting's Revenge storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> A</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Steiner Brothers</strong> defeated <strong>Windham & Rotunda</strong> in 12:51 when Scott Steiner defeated Barry Windham by pinfall with a Top Rope Frankensteiner. The Steiner Brothers make defence number 10 of their WCW World Tag Team titles. </p><p> </p><p>

<em>Billy Graham did some good work at ringside. Don Callis did some good work at ringside. The performance of Rick Steiner stood out as being good. Scott Steiner came out of the match looking good. The The Brainbusters vs The Steiner Bros storyline has continued with this match. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> B-</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">A video showing highlights from Ric Flair's 1st NWA World Heavyweight Title win is shown</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>This segment lifted the crowd. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> B+</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>********************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Rick Rude</strong> defeated <strong>Ron Simmons</strong> in 13:18 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rick Rude makes defence number 3 of his NWA World Heavyweight Championship title. </p><p> </p><p>

<em>Paul E. Dangerously did some good work at ringside. Billy Graham did some good work at ringside. Ron Simmons and Billy Graham are a good pairing, they play off each other well. There were times when there was a definite lack of psychology on display, and the match had a tendency to drift a little. This match lifted the crowd. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> A</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>********************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating:</strong> B+</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/WWFSuperstars1992.jpg?t=1249708438</span><p> <strong>WWF Superstars Preview</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Why did The Ultimate Warrior align with The Million Dollar Man to attack Hulk Hogan? Find out on WWF Superstars</strong></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Mr. Perfect vs Tito Santana</p><p> </p><p> Jerry Lawler vs Yokozuna</p><p> </p><p> Bob Backlund vs Earthquake</p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;">+ appearances by Hulk Hogan, Million Dollar Man, The Ultimate Warrior, and The Underetaker</span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p><strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs Tito Santana</p><p>

<em>Perfect beat Santana only a week or so ago. Just because he doesn't have the belt, doesn't mean he won't repeat history.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Jerry Lawler vs <strong>Yokozuna</strong></p><p>

<em>Yoko's moving up in calibur of opponent. The Streak continues, though. BONZAI!!!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bob Backlund</strong> vs Earthquake</p><p>

<em>Probably an upset, but Earthquake is way more Popular than he is useful, and Backlund still has the talent and name value to make some interesting matchups. The real reason for this prediction, though, is that I don't want to predict a clean sweep for the heels.</em></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/WWFSuperstars1992.jpg?t=1249708438</span><p>

<strong>WWF Superstars</strong></p><p><strong>

Taped at the Peoria Civic Center in front of 15,000 people in attendance (SOLD OUT!)</strong></p><p><strong>

Friday, Week 1, April 1991</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bob Backlund</strong> defeated <strong>Earthquake</strong> in 2:53 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> D+</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Narcissists are backstage with Roddy Piper preparing to give an interview. Piper starts by asking them their thoughts on losing to The Legion Of Doom at Wrestlemania. Rick Martel responds by saying that even in defeat, The Narcissists are still the champions, and are looking better than ever. Piper then brings up the fact that it was a dq finish, and that's the only reason they are still champs, to which Shawn Michaels nonchalantly replies "so what."</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Michaels goes on to say that the fact of the matter is The Legion Of Doom couldn't get the job done and beat us 1,2,3 like we said they couldn't. Suddenly, Piper with a grin on his face reveals to the tag champs that he got word from the higher ups that there will be a rematch between the two teams at Backlash, and that the match will be a No Disqualification match. With concerned looks on their faces, The Narcissists walk off the interview.</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Slick helped Martel during this segment. The Will The Narcissists Meet Their Doom? storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Yokozuna</strong> defeated <strong>Jerry Lawler</strong> in 7:38 by pinfall with a Banzai Drop.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Yokozuna was visibly tiring toward the end. Slick did some good work at ringside. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The The Streak storyline has been moved forward one stage with this match. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> C</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">Jake Roberts is shown backstage, as he addresses The Undertaker. He tells The Undertaker that what he did to him on The Snake Pit is the biggest mistake he could ever make. Jake then tells him that it is never wise to piss a snake off, because it will do everything in it's power to ensure that the culprit gets bitten in the end.</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Jake Roberts looked lost out there. The Cold Blooded storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mr Perfect</strong> defeated <strong>Tito Santana</strong> in 13:28 by pinfall with a Perfect Plex.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>This match lifted the crowd. Tito Santana is improving in Performance skills. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> B+</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">The new alliance of The Million Dollar Man and The Ultimate Warrior make their way to the ring to a chorus of boos. Dibiase grabs a microphone, and addresses Hulk Hogan by saying that he now has the surefire way to get the WWF World Heavyweight title back. He continues by saying that once The Ultimate Warrior beats you for the title just like he did before, he and Warrior will have a match for the belt, and that a couple million dollars will guarantee him the victory.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Dibiase says that Hulk and everyone else in the world may be be wondering why Warriror would agree to this, so he gives Warrior the mic to explain his side. Warrior reveals that after being locked in that casket at Wrestlemania, the old Ultimate Warrior died, and the new Ultimate Warrior was born. He goes on to say that he doesn't care about the fans or anything else except himself, so when Dibiase offered him his place in the rematch against Hogan, plus a nice bonus for winning and following through with the plan, he had to take it.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="color:#0000FF;">

Warrior says that after he beats Hogan, and has his match with Dibiase, he's gonna retire and live off the bonus he receives, because he doesn't care about wrestling anymore. Warrior ends his speech by telling the fans that they can kiss his ass, which causes Dibiase to laugh hysterically as the show goes off the air.</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Money and the Power storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. </em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating:</strong> A*</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>********************</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating:</strong> B</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greg McNeish" data-cite="Greg McNeish" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs Tito Santana<p> <em>Perfect beat Santana only a week or so ago. Just because he doesn't have the belt, doesn't mean he won't repeat history.</em></p><p> </p><p> Jerry Lawler vs <strong>Yokozuna</strong></p><p> <em>Yoko's moving up in calibur of opponent. The Streak continues, though. BONZAI!!!</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Backlund</strong> vs Earthquake</p><p> <em>Probably an upset, but Earthquake is way more Popular than he is useful, and Backlund still has the talent and name value to make some interesting matchups. The real reason for this prediction, though, is that I don't want to predict a clean sweep for the heels.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Got em all again. You and Curt Hennig seem to be back on a roll. Thanks a million for reading as always.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/rsz_1rsz_wwf_logo_90.jpg?t=1249599836</span><p> <strong>NEWS</strong></p><p><strong> Saturday, Week 1, April 1991</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>- World Wrestling Federation has signed <strong>The Junkyard Dog</strong>, <strong>Paul Orndorff</strong>, and <strong>Mr. Saito</strong> </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/wcw1.jpg?t=1249599839</span><p> <strong>NEWS</strong></p><p><strong> Saturday, Week 1, April 1991</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>- World Championship Wrestling has signed <strong>The Dynamite Kid</strong>, <strong>Dean Malenko</strong>, and <strong>Dory Funk Jr</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/wcw1.jpg?t=1249599839</span><p> <strong>WCW Power Hour Preview</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> Ric Flair vs Terry Gordy</p><p> </p><p> Big Van Vader vs Ricky Morton</p><p> </p><p> 2 Cold Scorpio vs The Dynamite Kid</p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:8px;">+ appearances by Rick Rude, Sid Vicious, and many more</span></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

Archived