Batman: Arkham Asylum

mjdgoldeneye

It's now the #1 story on Yahoo!, so I think it deserves its own topic...

Apparently, this new Batman game is the best rated super hero game ever. I am sooooo happy.

I've been following the game since I read about it months ago in Game Informer. I've always liked the idea of super hero games, but there haven't been many great ones. Lots of people liked Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but I thought it was only okay. The Spider-Man 2 game was great though.

Anyway, the reviews have been universally positive (mostly 9-out-of-10 or the equivalent). The demo is a lot of fun. So... Who has this game? Is it as obviously awesome as it seems?

I love me some Batman...

I rented the game...... its really fun you get to run around and BE BATMAN! there's challenges up the yin-yang and in the PS3 you get to play as the Joker in the Silent Predator challenge. sorry PS3 owners only however there is a RUMOR a very STRONG RUMOR that they may port that as an XBOX360 DLC at one point.

i've played the demo and thought it was ok but im to worried to buy the game since most super hero games have been crap, only one ive like is marvel ultimate allience, and ive like the last 2 spiderman games but not very much i got the last one and havent played it in a very long time. really man u cant go off of what other say though they might love it and u might hate it. if u really want to try it i say rent it first and make sure u like it before dishing out all that money for a game u might hate...

The demo is cool, although a game like that with no jump button seems weird.

I love the concept of stealthing your way around all these thugs with guns - although I wonder if there's any point in not having detective mode on all the time - it seems hugely useful, although it may interfere with depth perception somewhat.

Getting used to the combos seems like it may take a while, too. I've been through the demo two or three times, and I'm still not quite fluid. Probably a flick through the manual would help :p

Bought it for my son the day it come out. Something he's been wanting. I'll let you know what he thinks of it after this weekend is over, as he's going out of state to visit some relatives.

I'm just hoping he doesn't already have it beat. I can't seem to find a game he doesn't master within' a couple of days.

It's good but in all fairness....the best ever? Darn thing just came out,so I'd say that's a bit short sighted....that's something only time can tell for sure.

I don't understand - in what way does time play a factor into a comparison of quality? It's been out long enough for people to complete it and make a full assessment of how good it is, so why would waiting make it any different...it's not like it (or the other super hero games already out) are going to suddenly get better or worse as time passes!?

I don't understand - in what way does time play a factor into a comparison of quality? It's been out long enough for people to complete it and make a full assessment of how good it is, so why would waiting make it any different...it's not like it (or the other super hero games already out) are going to suddenly get better or worse as time passes!?

Maybe,but people's opinions on things tend to change once the "new" wears off...there were tons of games I thought were "the best ever" when they first came out,but then later got bored quickly or whatever and used to be "the best" became an "It's ok,I guess....".I guess the crux of my statement is based on the question "Does it have staying power?".....Tetris was released in 1985 but people still like to play it, same with Double Dragon,Zelda,Metroid,the list goes on....years from now will people still remember this title as fondly?

I'm not saying it isn't any good;in fact,I think it'll probably become a classic.....All I'm saying is give it a while after the initial hoopla dies down,if it is still just as loved then the title is well deserved, if not well then there you go.

Bought it for my son the day it come out. Something he's been wanting. I'll let you know what he thinks of it after this weekend is over, as he's going out of state to visit some relatives.

I'm just hoping he doesn't already have it beat. I can't seem to find a game he doesn't master within' a couple of days.

Ninja Gaiden Black.

I'm shure dad will be playing the game also:p

Archived