In my 1997-mod c-verse game I'm on the cusp of going national and have been for quite awhile but somehow can't seem to make the final jump. To make matters worse, my owner (Fabulous Frank) has decided to make it a critical goal for me to get to national. Has anybody got any tips how to get there?

I've been on C+ importance in tri-state (my home region) forever but everywhere else just won't get there. I have some great workers and use the product remianen once posted for the 2007-version of the game. I've been playing this particular game pretty much since the 1997-mod came out and am now ten years in going local to (so far) cult.

Any hints or things I might have overlooked can help. Thanks in advance.

How is your cash situation? Have you increased your production values? Licensed music can only help.

Interesting theory there. I guess it's possible, given the intended effect of production values and such.

Personally, I would go balls to the wall trying to get the best possible shows (to the point of ignoring half my roster). Problem is, once you get to National, you have to keep moving forward to STAY at National. So just getting there isn't enough. Find out where your shows are tanking and cut it out, like a tumor ("It's not a toomah!"). Once you're comfortably in National, then you can try some different things and put it all back.

Structure your shows right (best two matches at the end, third best match as the opener), don't do any angles you can't predict the rating for, and just basically cheese it to National.

In my 1997-mod c-verse game I'm on the cusp of going national and have been for quite awhile but somehow can't seem to make the final jump. To make matters worse, my owner (Fabulous Frank) has decided to make it a critical goal for me to get to national. Has anybody got any tips how to get there?

I've been on C+ importance in tri-state (my home region) forever but everywhere else just won't get there. I have some great workers and use the product remianen once posted for the 2007-version of the game. I've been playing this particular game pretty much since the 1997-mod came out and am now ten years in going local to (so far) cult.

Any hints or things I might have overlooked can help. Thanks in advance.

Remi's right: don't try building new guys, don't develop your young, not over tag team, don't have midcarders doing anything other than lying down, and don't use anybody below that for awhile.

The best way around the 3-match penalty is the three way dance and 4-man matches, especially if you've got a guy that's not your "franchise" guy but can carry people in the ring (high psychology especially). If you have talent at the main event level you can pretty well anchor your pay per views.

I would also sugest he is always at his his happiest towards you....i think you can fail one crit goal but you have to have done everyting else he wanted. If you are looking at a one year dead line you could make it if you just go all out and don't worry about loosing money........killing your undercard and risking fatigue.

Some more information:

Well, the goal to reach national has been there for over a year in-game-time and there are 8 months left. I thought I was getting there much sooner but, as I said, somehow it's not worked out which is why I'm asking now since I'm getting closer to the goal and starting to get nervous about not making it.

Additionally I've also go the goal to not fall into debt at any point but I've got 8 millions saved up so I guess I can go balls out for a while. I would sign some better workers if I could but I've already got the best ones available and when they become too over the idiots from NOTBPW usually sign them. Several times already I had to book world title changes on the fly because they swooped in and took my main eventers. While it's made for a nice challenge it has made me dislike the Stones quite a bit, lol.

My tv contract is coming up and I'm thinking of not renewing to get a contract with a bigger station although I'm not sure if i can get contracts with stations above medium at cult. Does anybody know?

I've upped the production values as suggested. Hadn't really thought about that. Who knows, it might help.

Otherwise, yeah, I will go balls out. I've put the world title on my best worker (Louis Figo Manico) and see where I'm going from there.

It's good to know though that I can fail that goal and still probably won't be fired. Over the last year I had to completely turn over almost 90% of my roster thanks to Frank's ridiculous demands how our workers should be and that hasn't helped in bringing some structure in my main event scene but at least I haven't overruled any of his decisions to not rehire anybody so I haven't failed one single goal yet.

Some more information:

Well, the goal to reach national has been there for over a year in-game-time and there are 8 months left. I thought I was getting there much sooner but, as I said, somehow it's not worked out which is why I'm asking now since I'm getting closer to the goal and starting to get nervous about not making it.

Additionally I've also go the goal to not fall into debt at any point but I've got 8 millions saved up so I guess I can go balls out for a while. I would sign some better workers if I could but I've already got the best ones available and when they become too over the idiots from NOTBPW usually sign them. Several times already I had to book world title changes on the fly because they swooped in and took my main eventers. While it's made for a nice challenge it has made me dislike the Stones quite a bit, lol.

My tv contract is coming up and I'm thinking of not renewing to get a contract with a bigger station although I'm not sure if i can get contracts with stations above medium at cult. Does anybody know?

I've upped the production values as suggested. Hadn't really thought about that. Who knows, it might help.

Otherwise, yeah, I will go balls out. I've put the world title on my best worker (Louis Figo Manico) and see where I'm going from there.

It's good to know though that I can fail that goal and still probably won't be fired. Over the last year I had to completely turn over almost 90% of my roster thanks to Frank's ridiculous demands how our workers should be and that hasn't helped in bringing some structure in my main event scene but at least I haven't overruled any of his decisions to not rehire anybody so I haven't failed one single goal yet.

Don't you mean...

Louis...

Figo...

MANICO!!!!!!

:cool:

Have you tried a Working Agreement with NOTBPW?

It's not that I consider it cheating but it surely would make me feel uncomfortable. Things like that spice up the game. What really pisses me off about them is that they sometimes sign people only to release them the next day. They've done it three times with The Natural already who is one of my most consistent main eventers. The poor guy hasn't had a single match with them yet and I always have to wait six months to sign him again. I'm seriously considering giving him a strong dislike relationship with NOTBPW's booker Jeremy Stone because I know I would get angry in his shoes after those shenanigans.

Sorry for double post but it's been a couple of days. Anyways, I failed the goal. Only six regions with C+ instead of seven. Wasn't fired though, in fact, strangely Fabulous Frank kept his big smileyface... which I find a bit weird I have to say but whatever. Thanks for the help everybody, almost made it ;).

Archived