Your Thoughts So Far...

Ooh, another thing, Ja reminded me. What about the option to create a "gimmick version" of an existing move. This would basically be a copy of an existing move than you can rename and have your wrestler use as a finisher. So, for example, if my guy wants to use a German Suplex as a finisher, he could rename it and use it as his own move, leaving the regular German Suplex exactly as it was before. Maybe you could have the option to make it a "variation" of an existing move. Making a variation might adjust the Ouch or Wow factors of a move, or give it a higher success rate, etc, so that you can personalise your finishing moves without having to create a brand new move in the editor and then import it.

The interface's response time is a bit on the slow side, but then, so was TEW's, so I'm assuming it's just a neccessary evil. I must admit, the matches are well-done... reminding me of a much-better version of Cyberslam or wrassle[dot]net. Backstage, I'm wondering if having eight people to talk to is too much, especially as it doesn't like the talking has much effect unless you have a relationship.. but this is based on one playthrough. I have to admit, I'm eager to play more than one month... and I think we'll have a lot more variety of dynasties going on this time through...

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium]Ooh, another thing, Ja reminded me. What about the option to create a "gimmick version" of an existing move...[/QUOTE] Actually, you can do this now. Just go to the trainer page, click on "import move", select the move you want, change its name (e.g. from "Legdrop" to "Joe Wrestler's Legdrop"), and import it. Then it's in the database, and you can edit its stats as you wish...

[QUOTE=apfunk1]i dont understand why, no matter how good your guy is everything he does gets blocked and reversesd, even if the other guy has no skill at all . is the whole game like that or will it change as you progress[/QUOTE] Please read the help file, this is covered in-depth! The reversals, blocking, etc, are done via the move stats. If a Powerbomb has 40% chance of being hit, then it doesn't matter if you're a jobber or a superstar, it's still going to be 40% - it can go slightly up or down based on their weight, power, stamina at that point, etc, but at the end of the day it's still not going to be too far from 40%. If you're sitting their trying nothing but big moves, then of course they're going to get blocked \ reversed a lot!

[QUOTE=GardnerFTW] It seems completely random on whether a move is countered,[/QUOTE] Please read the help files for a detailed look at how the stats work. There's very little "random" about whether moves hit or not, it's basic statistics \ probability theory, with the base number being the Frequency rate that is assigned to each move. It can become more or less based on certain other factors, and like all probability there's always a chance that you'll see a situation that is statistically quite unlikely every so often, but it is definitely not random.

[QUOTE=Starman]Strange, cause one of my opponents got warned by the ref for a low blow, yet he still kept trying it. Although I did keep countering it from that point on.[/QUOTE] No - just because you get a warning doesn't mean that you will be DQ'ed next time you break the rules. The referee cuts you a certain amount of slack, just like in reality.

[QUOTE=Scott McFly]* If I'm grasping this right, the 'success rate' of a move is how likely a successful pin is after it is executed? If so, I took it to mean how likely I was to actually land the move, in which case a rewording may be needed.[/QUOTE] Frequency is how often it is executed, Success Rate is how often it will lead to a pinfall. [QUOTE=Scott McFly]* Found the hall of fame which lists your top 3 matches, any chance of saving the match log files for just these 3? Unless the game saves all your match logs and I just haven't found them yet...[/QUOTE] None of the logs are stored - I'll look into adding them. [QUOTE=Scott McFly]* Some of those '?' buttons from TEW would be nice. I know nobody used them in TEW, (or it at least seemed that way!), but some of the stuff like fitness instuctor would benefit from it I think.[/QUOTE] I went with having everything in the Help folder as I found the "?" buttons in TEW got in the way, especially from a design perspective - having to find places to put them that didn't distract \ misalign everything else was a nightmare. You could always keep the Help file open while playing the game and switch between them? [QUOTE=Scott McFly]Is there anyway to 'purposefully' bump the ref?[/QUOTE] No. [QUOTE=Scott McFly]Is there any advantage to setting yourself to get less sleep?[/QUOTE] Nope, just like real life, sleep deprivation rarely has benefits ;) [QUOTE=Scott McFly]PS: Just found this small typo in the help file:[/QUOTE] Fixed.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]I went with having everything in the Help folder as I found the "?" buttons in TEW got in the way, especially from a design perspective - having to find places to put them that didn't distract \ misalign everything else was a nightmare. You could always keep the Help file open while playing the game and switch between them?[/QUOTE] I could very well do that, thanks for answering my questions. :) A couple more things: * When picking your move set, it would be useful to know what moves are low, medium etc. in the moves you've picked for yourself (on the right of the screen) Particularly for the standing moves, where you can have up to 50 and I often forget how many of each type of move I've picked. Maybe some sort of filter would be good? * During a match, is there any way to access the profile screen for each of my moves? I can't seem to find a way, and it would be useful to see how likely I am to land the move and how much damage it would take off and where etc.

To see a profile for the moves in the match, click the move to highlight it then right click. Should take ya to the screen ya looking for. And I agree, I'd like to see something in the move bit saying how many of each there are. I'm not good at remembering anything so it would help me.

[QUOTE=Scott McFly]* When picking your move set, it would be useful to know what moves are low, medium etc. in the moves you've picked for yourself (on the right of the screen) Particularly for the standing moves, where you can have up to 50 and I often forget how many of each type of move I've picked. Maybe some sort of filter would be good?[/quote]Not possible without slowdown I'm afraid :'( [quote]* During a match, is there any way to access the profile screen for each of my moves? I can't seem to find a way, and it would be useful to see how likely I am to land the move and how much damage it would take off and where etc.[/QUOTE]Click on the move once with your left mouse button and then right click. EDIT - oh didn't realised the dude above had already answered that...

Moves filter? Wouldn't it be possible to use the same filter that tells what moves are available to your wrestler to sort your chosen moves? Example, if you select "low" it only shows "low" moves in your chosen set as well as the available moves set. That would help those of us who can't remember how many low, medium, high, and finisher moves we have in our set.

[QUOTE=XellenceOfXecution]Wouldn't it be possible to use the same filter that tells what moves are available to your wrestler to sort your chosen moves? Example, if you select "low" it only shows "low" moves in your chosen set as well as the available moves set. That would help those of us who can't remember how many low, medium, high, and finisher moves we have in our set.[/QUOTE] No, as Kettley said, it would involve a large slowdown.

So far, I feel the same way I did about TEW. When I first bought TEW I played, then stopped for probably two months because it was too hard for me to step up from EWR. What I found about Wrestling Spirit is that the hardness is actually what makes it interesting. Another cool thing is the way you can customize Wrestling Spirit, you can even customize the commentary. I guess Adam wasnt lying when he said almost everything is customizable and skinnable. :D

Hey, that's great news, but I have one little question. The promotions in the game won't make up titles will they? One of the big things I noticed in TEW is that once you'd start the '83 scenario, some of the promotions would retire belts that were there for the start and create entirely new ones that were basically the same.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Please read the help files for a detailed look at how the stats work. There's very little "random" about whether moves hit or not, it's basic statistics \ probability theory, with the base number being the Frequency rate that is assigned to each move. It can become more or less based on certain other factors, and like all probability there's always a chance that you'll see a situation that is statistically quite unlikely every so often, but it is definitely not random.[/QUOTE] Guess I'm just hitting some bad streaks then, since I'm getting all my basic moves (i.e. Punch, Kick to Gut, Knife Edge Chop, etc.) countered in excess of 50% of the time. I'm assuming the Frequency rate is a "long-term" rate, so thus in the short term, streaks like I'm experiencing could be possible. Being on the defensive for 3/4 of the match or more kind of kills some enjoyment, constantly having the choice of the basic counters as your only option, then gaining control to lose it after one or two simple moves. On a side note, its not necessarily your fault on the bad streak, probability and statistics haven't been on my side in poker the last week either, so probably just more of me and probability having some issues. :) As I've played, the game has become a little more addictive, however the matches themselves would still be my least favorite part of the game, but the rest of the game has been alot of fun to play around with. Although, I have noticed one possible problem with contracts, I'll bring that up in the Support forum, unless someone already has.

I just did a match between Tadiyuki Kikkawa and Raul Hughes, and some questions were bought up in the match. Near the end of the match, all Raul Hughes would do was a Front Facelock and a Leg Grapevine and picking me up and it was just these three moves, it became very repeatitive and the worst thing was, no matter what I choose, it would reverse any of the moves. It didn't matter if I tried to Slip Out or Break the move or even Block or Aviod it, he would always manage to hit it and he kept doing it and without being able to counter him. The match became frustrating and boring and I just let the game decide the winner as I didn't want to be in a match where three moves were always happening.

Yeah I've had a few matches where I'm on the offensive only about 15% of the time and get completely slaughtered against an opponent of similar skills to mine. In those matches I was unable to hit three moves in a row without him countering or blocking it. It was a little frustrating at first but I see it as there will be some matches when you're on your game and others when it's going to be tough to gain a quick advantage. It adds more realism to the game.

Archived