Your Thoughts So Far...

So just post what you think of the game so far... So far i've played one match and i've gotten 3 not responding messages so i had to quit in them middle. Overall it's pretty soild but i'm questioning if i'm going to buy it. (although last year with TEW i just bought it because there was somewhat of a previous version EWR)

I've played 3 matches to this point, one paid appearance in New York, and two opening trial matches for the main European company and 4C. It's been fun to this point, although I'm sat here thinking that by starting as a 26 year old, I'm gonna have difficulties. I'll buy the game, because it allows me to envision the matches move for move in my head and see my own style play out. But I still think there could be improvments. I'm yet to see if you can be involved in stables, etc. But the idea of hunting down the European Champ seems intriguing to me right now. Just a shame that I'll have to wait until Monday to even contemplate it.

I for one am pretty much sold on the game. I've played maybe 25-30 matches, and have five guys at the end of their respective months. (Four of my own creation, plus the illustrious Big Smack Scott, who is 2-1 (two tag-team matches with lightweights) but has also managed to get in fights with upwards of seven members of the promotion.) If you haven't quite figured out what is going on, stick with it; it starts making more sense after the first five or ten matches.

I can't believe how much I hate the game! Not in the sense that it's a bad game, because it's not at all... I just can't win and it frustrates me to no end!!! And as if that's not enough, I always some SO close! So now I'm going to have to buy the game and get retribution in the coming in game-months.

i think its great so far, i put in for a Sprot entertainment fed, and got hired by WLW (which is also the fed i work for in TEW, thats why i wanted to go for it, lol) im only making 20 bucks per apperence but hey, im working...and im friends with Hell monkey, infact i got hired becuz of him :) thats cool, must buy!!

[QUOTE=Colby]i have 511 Ram (supossed to be 512 but the people didn't put all the way or something...) what else do you need?[/QUOTE] OK, that's more than enough. Open your Task Manager, and look for anything that is taking up a lot of memory. Also, please make sure that you have run a test to make sure you don't have any spyware on your machine. Something must be draining your memory, as 511 is far more than you need.

Nice. No crashes, game played well. Won my 3rd match and finished at 1 - 4 at the end of January. Wanted to play more, so looks like I'll be purchasing on Monday. :) The interface was confusing at first. Took me a minute to realize I had to click on the popup boxes for them to go away. Overall the interface is mediocre, but along the lines of Adam's previous games. The graphics of the wrestlers are very nicely done.

[QUOTE=sttfrk]Took me a minute to realize I had to click on the popup boxes for them to go away.[/QUOTE] I thought that might confuse people to begin with, but it was designed with speed in mind - once you're used to it after a few minutes, being able to click anywhere rather than just on a small "OK" button allows you to fly through the game, especially during matches.

Doesnt seem like a game i can spend a long time playing tbh. But ihave just had a 36minute classic match Cornell vs. Strong with me (Strong) coming out on top!that was enjoyable, but, apart from the matches their doesnt seem alot else to look at!!!

I think it is pretty good, but I also think it is neccesary to get farther into the game to really see what all it has to offer. Once you start to develop relationships with other wrestlers and really get into things like that I think it will be one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. I would like to test it with real data first before I jump into buying it. If the load times are not satisfying, then I would really have to think before I bought the game.

I think the game would be great without the matches, or the matches done in a different way. I'm enjoying myself playing around with the backstage stuff, the contracts, assets, etc., but the actual matches have become very repetitive and boring. It seems completely random on whether a move is countered, and occurring at a much higher rate than is enjoyable. Although it could perhaps give a thought for a future game. I think a game based on the "agent" aspect could be fun. Negotiate contracts with clients, and then work on getting try-outs and contracts for your clients. Handle possible business deals for them, marketing, publicity, personal appearances, etc. At the very least, I'd be interested.

The game looks great, and looks like Adam has beat Jody O'Halloran out for the title of 'Best Wrestling Career Sim'. Although concers about the rate of blocks is odd, since even the best wrestlers get constantly blocked when facing others. I'll still be buying it first thing on Monday though.

After playing for about 1 and a half hours, here's my thoughts: * Very nice interface, a big step up from TEW. Easy to find your way around, everything clearly labelled. * The move text during the match (at the bottom) is too 'out of the way' I think. It took me a while to figure out it was there, and it just seems to be a slight annoyance of having to move your sight down there every time, when everything else happens in the top-middle of the screen. Maybe increasing the text size or making the text stand out more would help here. * If I'm grasping this right, the 'success rate' of a move is how likely a successful pin is after it is executed? If so, I took it to mean how likely I was to actually land the move, in which case a rewording may be needed. * Found the hall of fame which lists your top 3 matches, any chance of saving the match log files for just these 3? Unless the game saves all your match logs and I just haven't found them yet... * Some of those '?' buttons from TEW would be nice. I know nobody used them in TEW, (or it at least seemed that way!), but some of the stuff like fitness instuctor would benefit from it I think. * Your commentary is... interesting. "Holy excessive use of the letter D..." for example. :D I actually just click straight away to get on with the match, so it doesn't bother me that much. Except when my opponent landed 3 senton's in a row and every time on the commentary I got "senton". "Senton. "Senton". And that annoyed me, although probably because I was losing! * Obviously I haven't tried out all the different features and things, but there does seem to be a lot to do, which is good, although not as many things as were in TEW. But this is probably down to the different types of game that they are, with this focusing on 1 person and TEW focusing on entire feds. But there's still a lot to discover, and obviously a lot that will only become evident after playing for more than the 1 month trial. OK, a couple of questions now: Is there anyway to 'purposefully' bump the ref? Is there any advantage to setting yourself to get less sleep? But I'm really enjoying the game, well done on your good work! PS: Just found this small typo in the help file: Will the opponent get disqualified? No. The opponent will never get disqualified, he will always stop if he feels [B]their[/B] is a risk of the referee calling for the bell.

Just thought of another improvement - any chance you can make it so that we can access our wrestler's profile a bit more easily? Like if there's a picture of our wrestler, can you make it so that double clicking will bring up a profile? I'm mainly thinking about when trying to organise a feud, to compare myself to prospective feud-ees.

It's kinda dissapointing that your opponent can't be DQ'd, but I can see why it's done (to stop heel Champions winning every match against you by DQ). I think it would be nice for heels to occasionally get disqualified, or for faces to get wrongfully DQ'd thanks to a particularly clever heel (e.g, Heel hits Face with chair, then lays chair next to Face and feigns injury. AKA, The Eddie Guerrero Finish :p) Another thing that bugs me is that judging by the description of Feuds, they'll get repetitive pretty quickly. The whole "The only way a feud can end is when someone gets two clear wins over their opponent". It seems too formulaic. As do the interviews. I like the idea of the Interviews, but maybe they could be tweaked so that sometimes its you vs an opponent, and sometimes it's just you badmouthing someone, or putting yourself over. With the individual interviews, you'd still keep the general idea (if the crowd interest reaches 0% it ends), but instead of having to "beat your opponent" (in an interview?!), the amount of interest the crowd have at the end of the segment has an impact on your overness, or something like that. So that a particularly hot interview segment could boost your overness a bit, whereas a Blandy Snorton interview segment would lose you overness :p IMO, that would be better. Because not every interview segment involves two people arguing. In fact, those are probably in the minority. Other than that, I'm loving it!

Some of my random thoughts. * I agree with the majority and I think the presentation is excellent and definitely a step up from Total Extreme Wrestling. * I think the move commentary is very good. When I found out that WreSpi was going to have commentary I was a little worried just cause I was really pessimistic and was thinking it was going to turn out to be the most amateurish sounding possible. Even though it does get a little repetative it still is very good commentary, does not get in the way of the match, and is quite humorous. * I agree that trademark moves should have some sort of checkbox that indentifies them as a wrestler specific hold so that when selecting moves the player has the ability to show / hide wrestler specific moves. * I would like to see the wrestler AI sometimes attempt a pinfall if the move has a success chance. From the matches I have played I have never seen them attempt a pinfall unless it was part of the move, a counter that creates a pin attempt or after a successful finisher. * Have been having a lot of fun playing the demo. I really enjoy the more personalized wrestler perspective point of things.

I can say the game matched my expectations but I had low expectations of this game and it didn't exceed them. I had questions about buying this game from the first time I heard it and am trying the trial out but am not sold on it. I would buy TEW2005 without much fuss but this game doesn't really appeal to me as I could just play one of the Smackdown! games and get a better feel of the matches. I haven't tried creating a guy as I prefere to be one of the current stars and didn't like the idea that you couldn't be anyone that is either an owner or under a lifetime contract as I was hoping to play as Tommy Cornell or Sean McFly but that can be changed in the editor. I'll just wait to see if TEW 2005 gets announced now.

Archived