I was playing TEW recently and had a brilliant idea for a storyline that involved repackaging Christian.

Christian has been my Heavyweight champion for 5 months. Monty Brown feels like Christian has been ducking him. Monty gathers a 2 cronies (Big Vito and Orlando Jordan) and attack Christian night after night. Finally Christian gives Brown a title shot. Brown wins after interference by both Vito and Jordan. After the match the trio beat Christian so badly that he is stretched out. He is not heard of for months.

Monty Brown holds the title for close to 7 months when Christian returns, repackaged as Wraith. Wraith is bent on vengence and first targets Vito. After dispatching of Vito he targets Orlando. He slowly takes out Orlando. Brown cornered, and having no back up gives Wraith a rematch for his title. Wraith is set to win the title.

Does anybody else have any complete gimmick repackaging they'd like to share?

when there is a repackage, can you add a new alter ego or do you just rename him? If so, how do you add alt. egos?

You create the alter ego in the character screen.

From your roster, select the worker, then click the 'head & shoulders' icon to the right of their picture ('Alter Character Details'). From there, you enter the name, short name, bio, picture, and if you like, create a new moveset for the character. Once you save it, it becomes an alter-ego exclusive to your promotion, for that worker.

To answer the OP's question, I repackage workers fairly frequently (usually with turn and gimmick). For example, whenever I sign Katherine Goodlooks, I repackage her as a technical prodigy and use her real name (Michelle Cox) and a render I had made for her back in 07.

And commentary is on screen.

Uh, no it's not. At least I don't think so.

In my current diary, I have a worker who hasn't yet debuted and I've used her to do commentary on dark matches. She appears (so she doesn't complain about not being used and I still have to pay her) but her momentum 'has yet to be created'. Her gimmick is also not yet rated. I was under the impression that if a worker is used onscreen in any capacity with a not yet rated gimmick, the gimmick gets rated right then (this obviously doesn't count for injured workers/workers in angles you have a red box in the angle booking screen).

Either way, a worker sitting out a gimmick change should not really complain about not being used.

Archived