Methods of Fight Booking

I was just curious to see how other users of the game deal with booking fights, or if they have any makeshift systems in place to assist them.

Mine is that I run events by division (ex: all MW fighters fight in one weekend on both a PPV and a TV show, then in my next event all my FW fighters do the same thing on a different combo of PPV and TV show) This does require two TV deals to work efficiently, since I usually sign almost every fighter I can so my roster is huge.

I plan availability by looking at my top ten for each division when its turn is approaching

- If all in the top ten are healthy, it's a go

- If some aren't available but it isn't to far in the future I may wait or see if the next division is ready

- If there is a long term unavailability, I usually just go ahead regardless

Also, any empty spots (with 40 available fights to book over two events it happens) are filled by fighters who are healthy and ready from the division which fought most recently, giving them plenty of time to recover for their weight classes next event.

I've found this was most effective in my run with KDM FC due to the company only having three divisions, fighters fight often and gain popularity very quickly. Even with a company like SIGMA it still works fine though.

Anybody else do something similar?

I play as XCC all the time and this is my booking strat:

3 Divisions

Womens

Feather

Light

I do a 3 event rotation:

Show 1:

Lightweight Main Event (Title Match)

Womens Number 1 Contender Match

Featherweight Match

Womens Match

Lightweight Match (Lower level guys, debuts, etc)

Show 2

Featherweight Main Event (Title Match)

Lightweight Number 1 Contender Match

Womens Match

Lightwieght Match

Featherweight Match (Lower level guys, debuts, etc)

Show 3

Womens Main Event (Title Match)

Featherweight Number 1 Contender Match

Lightweight Match

Featherweight Match

Womens Match (Lower level guys, debuts, etc)

I play as the CCL, a high level international promotion, pretty much the UFC of my WMMA universe. We have a huge roster filled with very popular fighters, men only, having atleast a dozen with high level international status. I try to have a TV show then a PPV but sometimes if I can't get a main event I'll do a couple TV shows in a row. I have 7 weight classes, 5 of the titles have been featured in a PPV main event, and one title (bantamweight) hasn't been given out yet.

My booking strategy if pretty simple, I think. Since I have so many fighters there are always contenders so when I set up a title fight I always make sure to book a 'winner gets a title shot' match on that card or sometimes shortly after since the champions usually take more time off. I always try to give guys who are on winning streaks someone with a higher rep unless they aren't very skillful, then I will feeds them cans. When it seems like i'm running out of cans I'll just do some can vs. can matches and cut the loser. I always have up and coming talent because I have a child promotion and there are 4 other promotions that are relatively small that I steal fighters from all the time.

I keep a seperate notepad open on my desktop where i record a divisions champ and next highest ranked fighter on a win streak. I update it at the end of every month after the PPV which is held on Saturaday Week 4. Basicly i use it to plan the next title fight, the only rule i use is that a Champion should never wait for the challenger to be ready to fight. Heres an example...

Heavyweight

Junior dos Santos 183

Adam McLaughlin 183

=============================

Light Heavyweight

Quinton Jackson 3m

Robert DeWebb 0d

Middleweight

Uriah Hall 182

Jake Rosholt 182

Welterweight

Ben Askren 181

Thiago Alves 181

Lightweight

Frankie Edgar 3m 3w

Eddie Alvarez 41d

Featherweight

Miguel Torres 183

Rolando Velasco 183

Womens Division

Shayna Baszler 182

Yayoi Muraoka 182

Other rules i use are only winners on the maincard anyone whos rep drops below 60% can leave.

Usually i run a a ppv every other month, and 2 TV shows on months there isn't a PPV.

For the PPV, i'll run about 6 sometimes 7 matches. Usually 1 or 2 title matches, And each weight class gets a match-up unless i don't have anyone available. The undercard usually is about 5 matches, mostly youngsters or those with low rep vs. Cans, and one Womens match.

The First TV show is 5 matches, one from each weight class and 5 undercards. Usually it will have a big namematches at the top, with the undercard fairly weak.

The 2nd show is 6 matches, one from each class and usually will try to stick with young fighters. the ME and Co will have bigger names, with the undercard featuring up and comers.

For the most part a up and comer gets at least 7 matches before i'll look at them for a title match. 2-3 cans, then a style mis-match in their favor, then a decent fighter, then they start getting the tough matches to test if they are ready. If they lose one then i know i need to take some time to get them to top level.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have a formula. I usually book the main events well in advance, spreading the title fights out. The main card usually involves fighters on winning streaks that affect title contention, or big names getting the occaisonal tune up. For the most part I try to pair fighters with winning streaks against each other, fighters coming off 1 victory against each other, and losing fighters against each other.

Use all 20 fights. First two fights are title fights between the two highest reputation people(can't get people over 100% rep so might as well knock one of em down). If there's no title, I create a new one. The third fight is a fight between an up-and-comer and someone past their prime. More fights like that as needed to job those veterans out before they retire. The rest of the fight card are people against cans.

Since there's not a whole lot of cans some cans are like 4-56 and what not.

For booking GAMMA when you have half the free world on your fighting roster.

1) Hold a PPV every month

2) Hold 14 fights

3) Have 7 weight classes (Heavyweight, Light Heavyweight, Middleweight, Welterweight, Lightweight, Featherweight, and Women's)

4) 2 fights from each division

5) Either a title fight Main Event or a Super Fight (Catchweight)

6) No more than 2 title fights per card

7) Top 7 fights involve fighters rated in their respective divisions in the top 10

8) Following 7 fights involve either up and comers and/or the lower ranked fighters, whether they be veterans or otherwise.

Archived