Comparing C-Verse workers to real world workers

I would like to think of Gargantuan as an early 90's Undertaker. Tall (size), scary as hell (menace) and awesome as heck (star quality).

Also two theories for the japanese female workers:

(The yet to debut) Fuyouka Higa = Manami Toyota simply because you could call both of them child prodigies of sorts. Both being excellent wrestlers right from the beginning.

Crusher Ichihara = Megumi Kudo. This is a bit of a stretch. Kudo did some really good barbed wire matches at the end of her career and she (in my opinion) deserves a high rating in hardcore. Ichihara is pretty much the best ever hardcore women ever in C-verse. The downside is that Ichihara ran through her career predominantly as a heel and Kudo ran through her career predominantly as a face.

And finally: Gorgon = Shark Tsuchiya. Why? Facepaint and short hair.

I'd say that it's safe to ask Remiainen about the women workers. :p

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this in this thread but GCG's Hiroyasu Gakusha is a young Mitsuharu Misawa whereas Toshiharu Hyobanshi is a young Kenta Kobashi. Gakusha uses Tiger Bombs and elbows whereas Hyobanshi uses chops and has a same moveset as Kobashi.

Wanda Fish/Alicia Strong - Trish Stratus

err, no. Maybe Wanda fits that comparison but skillwise and training wise, Alicia fits Melissa better. Heck, even background wise to a point (Melissa's father was a wrestler but not a 'name' like Strong).

Also two theories for the japanese female workers:

(The yet to debut) Fuyouka Higa = Manami Toyota simply because you could call both of them child prodigies of sorts. Both being excellent wrestlers right from the beginning.

Crusher Ichihara = Megumi Kudo. This is a bit of a stretch. Kudo did some really good barbed wire matches at the end of her career and she (in my opinion) deserves a high rating in hardcore. Ichihara is pretty much the best ever hardcore women ever in C-verse. The downside is that Ichihara ran through her career predominantly as a heel and Kudo ran through her career predominantly as a face.

And finally: Gorgon = Shark Tsuchiya. Why? Facepaint and short hair.

Fuyuko Higa is more Momoe Nakanishi than Manami Toyota.

Crusher is more Dynamite Kansai or Bull Nakano.

Gorgon I've always seen as the closest thing to an amalgam of the Kongs (Aja & Amazing), probably closer to Kia given her penchant for working both in America and Japan regularly.

In my mind, Sensational Ogiwara is Jaguar Yokota. Thunder Hike is post-broken neck Mariko Yoshida.

As for how I tend to book them, that's pretty easy:

Ochiyo Iijima is Chaparrita Asari to me, so that's the work style I book her with. Lauren Easter, to me, is Mercedes Martinez. Raven Nightfall is MsChif, when I sign her (fairly rare). I book Wanda Fish like the Fabulous Moolah. Joanne Rodriguez I book like Sarah Stock. Velvet Suarez I book like Princesa Sugey. Let's see, Michelle Cox (aka Katherine Goodlooks) = Sara del Rey. Amber Allen = Cindy Rogers. Ashley Grover = Alexis Laree (not Mickie James). Tai = Vanessa Kraven. Karen Bilous = Wesna Busic. Aud D'Hoffryn = Nikita (not Katie Lea). Golden Delicious = a less hardcore Mayumi Ozaki. Agent 69 = Akira Hokuto. I'm still looking for a worker with high stiffness to make a 'mini-Kawada' Ayumi Kurihara out of. Rika Tsujimura comes closest though Romi Yamato isn't a bad choice either. But Yamato usually winds up as my Manami Toyota stand-in.

I bow to your smartnesses.

Maybe you have a qualified opinion on who June Butler is too?

June always struck me as a female amalgam of Stan Hansen, honestly. I can't think of anyone who fits her as closely as the others.

Oh and one that hasn't been mentioned yet: Dread most closely resembles Vader.

The Syndicate=Evilution

Yeah, totally. I mean, Evolution had only one 'future champion', no giant hoss, and an experienced tag team as well as the aging former champ and the company's top gun.

...Oh, wait.

In fairness, in virtually no case can you draw a direct line - and the near-enough mark on this comparison is pretty damn close, though arguably the Syndicate has as many specific items in common with the early Horsemen.

Archived