• BHK1978's "NYCW: Extreme Makeover Edition"
    • Purple Cowboy's "UWA: Tri-State Gets Crowded"
    • Reaper_ofall's "BSC: Through the Looking Glass"
    • Arogue's "WWE The Times They Are A Changin'"
    • Karl_Kitsch's "The Blueprint for Success"
    • Bigpapa42's "World Wrestling Entertainment: A New Era"

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• [thread=55126]Booking's "WCW 1999: We Three Kings"[/thread]
  • [thread=54133]Save_Us.Necro's "ECW 2006: The Blunder That Changed Wrestling"[/thread]
  • [thread=55914]Olympia's "DOTT - MIDSOUTH (the Watts Way)"[/thread]
  • [thread=57700]ECW 2.0's "WWE: Puting The E back in WWE"[/thread]
  • [thread=57023]FINisher's "The Jobber's Guide to Superstardom: 'The Tutorial'"[/thread]
  • [thread=55065]BHK1978's "NYCW: Extreme Makeover Edition"[/thread]
  • [thread=55545]Purple Cowboy's "UWA: Tri-State Gets Crowded"[/thread]
  • [thread=57468]Reaper_ofall's "BSC: Through the Looking Glass"[/thread]
  • [thread=58238]Arogue's "WWE The Times They Are A Changin'"[/thread]
  • [thread=57082]Karl_Kitsch's "The Blueprint for Success"[/thread]
  • [thread=54949]Bigpapa42's "World Wrestling Entertainment: A New Era"[/thread]

I voted for Purple Cowboy's "UWA: Tri-State Gets Crowded". Purple Cowboy's last show was great and I really hope more people take the time to read/pick in it.

I am also a huge fan of these diaries as well:

Save_Us.Necro's "ECW 2006: The Blunder That Changed Wrestling"

Olympia's "DOTT - MIDSOUTH (the Watts Way)"

Karl_Kitsch's "The Blueprint for Success"

Bigpapa42's "World Wrestling Entertainment: A New Era"

Tough call this one. Lots of good rookie entries this month.

I'd planned on giving FIN the nod because his tutorial diary is a really interesting read, but then thought a) he's going to get lots of votes from others, b) he's not really a rookie around the diary game, and c) I kind of see his tutorial style diary as a separate category almost to the others. So I changed my mind and am going with BHK1978's take on NYCW, which has had an interesting start and hopefully he'll keep it going. Sorry, FIN!

Holy vote Batman! :eek: 16 votes, are you kidding me? I'm astonished.. Thanks guys. When I first started the diary I thought that perhaps few people would comment and possibly read, I had no idea that it would get this popular. Really cheers my day aswell as the TEW2010 announcement. :cool:

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate anybody who has took the time out to vote for me considering the epic competition going on this month. For the record, my vote goes to Olympia, a diary and an education!

Thanks Boomking. at least now, I won't be skunked! lol :rolleyes:

I voted for BHK, not because I dislike FIN's but because that to me is more of a public service than an actual diary. The timing of 2010's announcement probably couldn't have been worse for such a thread too, so I went with BHK. I really enjoy all of them though and have read them all through, probably olympia would be my honorable mention since I love that time period and the wrestling info in there is fantastic!

The timing of 2010's announcement probably couldn't have been worse for such a thread too, so I went with BHK.

I understand the choice and the reason behind it but saying that somehow the tutorial is going to be obsolete when TEW2010 is out.. I'm not denying that some parts of it will become useless, sure, but the main idea is still there and I'm fairly certain that Adam is not taking stuff out from the game, he's adding on top of what is already there.

The game mechanics and programming, the basic stuff, will not change in the end, atleast not that much.

Thank you everyone for the astonishing vote count, I've never had this many votes. It's kind of sad for TEW08 though.. It's an end of an era and we're only going to have mere months left before the 2010 version is out.. No one is going to start new diaries now I guess as everyone is waitin for the new game..

I understand the choice and the reason behind it but saying that somehow the tutorial is going to be obsolete when TEW2010 is out.. I'm not denying that some parts of it will become useless, sure, but the main idea is still there and I'm fairly certain that Adam is not taking stuff out from the game, he's adding on top of what is already there.

The game mechanics and programming, the basic stuff, will not change in the end, atleast not that much.

Absolutely there will be plenty of cross-over use. And like I said I really enjoy it (I even printed the thread out! :) ). Just took a little wind out of my sails in terms of my vote, is all. Didn't mean to imply it would be obsolete. Apologies for that.

Absolutely there will be plenty of cross-over use. And like I said I really enjoy it (I even printed the thread out! :) ). Just took a little wind out of my sails in terms of my vote, is all. Didn't mean to imply it would be obsolete. Apologies for that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not hurt because you voted for someone else :D In fact I encourage people to vote and keep voting in every DOTM poll we've ever had.

A bit off-topic but it's really hard to insult me or hurt me with words in real life, even harder on the net. It's all good.

I honestly don't think any prospering 08 diary should end just because 2010's coming out. I mean, my diary isn't anywhere near fargone enough for me to consider ending it. Even if I were to buy 2010, which I think I will, I'd still be playing '08 as well, if only to continue Total Control.

Archived