TNA Turning Point Predictions & Discussion

PhenomenalPat

# TNA World Title Match: AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe vs. Daniels

# TNA Tag Team Title Match: The British Invasion © vs. The Motor City Machineguns vs. Beer Money INC

# X-Division Title Match: Amazing Red © vs. Homicide

# All Knockouts Titles On The Line: Sarita and Taylor Wilde © and ODB © vs. The Beautiful People

# Six Sides Of Steel: Tara vs. Awesome Kong

# Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe

# Bobby Lashley vs. Scott Steiner

# Matt Morgan, Hernadez and D'Angelo Dinero vs. Team 3D and Rhino

There's the Card, so what are your thoughts? Like it, love it? Plan on ordering it? And ofcourse, predictions!

Morgan, Hernadez & Dinero over Team 3D & Rhino

I suspect it will have a "funny" ending, resulting in Rhino & Team 3D having a valid complaint about them being "screwed". I suspect this angle will get even bigger, and involve more people before all is said and done.

Bobby Lashley over Scott Steiner

Really have no desire to see this match, but Steiner has been solid in building it up. No way Lashley loses, he probably won't lose a match until he gets a Strikeforce deal and jobs on his way out.

Amazing Red over Homicide to Retain TNA X Title

I'd actually like to see Cide get it back here, since his first reign was meaningless. But I don't see them putting Red over big during Ultimate X only for him to lose it in his next defense. Cide won the nontitle match, Red wins here, and they probably do a rubber match next month.

The Beautiful People over ODB and Sarita & Wilde to win the TNA Knockouts & TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles

This is NOT the finish I want, just what I think will happen. I have no problem with Madison & Velvet being Tag Champs, but cringe at the though of Lacey holding any gold in TNA. But if they want to keep the Beautiful People Strong...they have to win eventually, right?

British Invasion over Motor City Machine Guns & Beer Money to Retain TNA Tag Team Titles

Can't see B.I. losing the straps yet, I suspect Beer Money gets screwed again and eats the pin. Next month The Invasion retain against the Guns, and in January Beer Money takes the straps back.

Kurt Angle over Desmond Wolfe by DQ

I predict Wolfe gets disqualified, and then proceeds to destroy Angle, putting him on the shelf for 8-10 weeks. They can do pretaped interviews with angle from his home on Impact to keep the fued in peoples minds until Angle returns seeking revenge. I think Angle will go out of his way to make Desmond look like a beast though, and Wolfe will go on a win streak until meeting up with Angle again at Lockdown.

Awesome Kong over Tara in Six Sides of Steel

Generally I not a fan of the first official one on one match between people being a cage match, but given the uncontrollable nature of both women I can accept it. I expect they put Tara over big by having a ton of false finishes before Kong snaps and dismantles her.

AJ Styles over Samoa Joe & Daniels to Retain TNA World Title

I predict Styles to win, but there is a storyline premade in all three guys winning. Joe could easily be the face of the promotion, and a bad ass yet smart heel champion. Styles has only had the belt for 2 months, so I would like to see him hold it longer. Or the person who has been attacking AJ (I know who it is, but will not spoil it for those who don't read spoilers) could be in cahoots with Daniels, leading to Daniels stealing the Title from Styles and turning full fledged heel.

Overall, I think on paper anyways, this is a tremendous card. What are your thoughts and predictions?

Open shut case here. The only way he could lose would be if (the one that must not be named) costs him the match, but who would win? Daniels? Really, waht has he done since he came back? Or Joe. Meaning we'd have to have Joe vs Lashley again next month. No thanks.

# TNA Tag Team Title Match: The British Invasion © vs. The Motor City Machineguns

Cheaply, of course

This one could go either way, and in my head I think Red might pull out the win. But I always feel that Homicide deserves a push (I really wanted him to have a title shot against Sting as a true Original), so I'll let my heart win here.

# All Knockouts Titles On The Line: Sarita and Taylor Wilde © and ODB © vs. The Beautiful People

So that allows...

Kong to decimate a few more people without getting a title shot.

No contest. I agree with everything Pat said... but in TNA world it might not end as a DQ.

You don't put someone over Joe just to feed them to Steiner

So, Dinero, eh? The weak one to get pinned, or the start of bigger things for him? I'll go for the latter, as I really don't want Morgan and Hernandez to lose their momentum.

This is what I want to see happening not what I expect, plus it looks like an excellent card.

- AJ will face Angle next and needs a decent reign.

# TNA Tag Team Title Match: The British Invasion © vs. The Motor City Machineguns vs. Beer Money INC

- Sneaky Heel win need more time with the belts

- Also too early for him to lose imho altough I am more of a fan of cide.

- Lacey with a belt? Oh please god no!

- Kong needs to remain strong.

Angle gets a win back on Desmond as he will face AJ next month, Wolfe will cost him that match setting up the rubber match.

- Lashley remains dominant and if both bring their A game could exceed expectations.

3D and Rhino can remain their heat based on past accomplishments and angles the other three are getting very strong pushes.

Looks to be a great card with the only possible duds being the womens all title match and depending on their form of the day Steiner vs Lashley.

- I pick Samoa Joe, but this could just as easily be AJ Styles. I doubt there's any chance of Daniels getting the belt here.

- The way this thing is going so far just leads me to think Beer Money's getting the belts. I very much want the 'Chine Guns to win, but I doubt that'll happen.

- Hard to pick a personal favorite here, but I just see 'Cide getting the win.

- Just seems most likely to me...

- I like Tara... but Kong is Kong. Plus, she's named after my favorite monster truck from when I was a kid, so...

- Nigel's dominated the fued thus far, so I'll just go ahead and assume this means that Mangled's going over at the PPV.

- Seems common sense to me.

- Morgan and Hernandez shouldn't be too quick to trust The Pope in this one.

I smell a turn. Daniels will benefit from the attacker's interference and will briefly capture the world title. OR, AJ retains and the attacker and Daniels gang up on him, with Joe turning to help AJ.

I concur with Pat on this. This whole 3-way storyline can be stretched out a bit longer.

I can't say I even care much. After what seemed to be a period where they tried to portray the X title as more than just a 'flippity floppity' type of strap for the spot monkeys, you put the title....on a spot monkey. 'kay. Red retains, unless World Elite get involved.

You book yourself into a corner if the heels win this match (who's Kong gonna face for the singles title? Another heel?). I could see Alissa Flash and/or Hamada factoring into this somehow, which makes the pick kinda iffy.

She's got a date with ODB in the future and she has to look like a real monster. So she'll brutalize Tara in the cage and if Kong loses, it'll probably be as a result of a distraction of some kind (Raisha Saeed perhaps?) so as to make the loss look shaky. Having her "snap" on Tara at some point is also likely to occur (as well as having them both snap). I could see Kim Couture factoring in somehow as well (this might be the match Russo gets full reign on).

Angle will win but barely, giving the newcomer some rub.

Lashley's more valuable than Steiner at this point and thus keeping Bobby strong might be a higher priority than keeping Steiner strong. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Kristal will factor in somehow (maybe a turn where she becomes Steiner's main ho?).

This win does more to elevate the young talent and advance the storyline than a 3D/Rhino win would. 3D isn't in the tag title scene (because few people care about the IWGP belts) so they have to be kept busy somehow and Rhino is forgettable most of the time. This little storyline has legs and could get bigger, given time. You add Steiner to their clique after his Lashley loss and you get a chance to use several workers you don't have anything for, really.

My only prediction thus far (after last weeks impact) is that AJ's attacker is Angle and the whole tihng with wolf is a farse. Not sure if that means wolf is MEM or what, but I smell a rat in angle. Not to mention that when joe dominated MEM that supposedly ended up being for show.

Finally TNA did the right thing and put the belt on AJ and as much as i like Daniels to get a push, AJ needs a longer run with the belt.

I dont see why TNA continue to push the British Invasion tag team and i hope that Beer Money take the belts back.

Since Homicide asked for his release earlier in the week i assume that to keep him happy he will regain the X-Division title.

Since TNA dont have faith in Lacey and they want to push Sarita and Taylor

the faces will retain their titles.

Kong should make easy prey of Tara.

And this is the end of Desmond Wolf's TNA push and after this he will be stuck in the midcards.

A no brainer really Bobby will win this easy

who to pick?, i have no interest in TNA and dont know has the momentum

but since i like Elijah i'll pick his team.

he's the only one not to hold the tna title (not the nwa version), plus the attackers going to get aj so either joe or daniels wins

i cant see them losing their the strongest tag team right now but i thnk mcm is hotter there so popular compared to any other team

i want red to keep it but there pushing cide

i really dont know it can go either way i think it depends on who wins the tara and kong match, i can see tara fighting lacey or odb vs kong

depends on the womens tag match but i hope kong wins with kim interfering

angle has to win i dont care who u r no one ever gets dominated that bad thats a main eventer or have a nobody come in and destroy them in every incounter. only way i can c angle losing is if hes taking a vacation....

only way he's going to lose is if he signs a contract but im sure its not going to happen anytime soon i give it at east 2 more weeks before its signed and lashley leaves

i think the pope turns face here and they continue there fued

Finally TNA did the right thing and put the belt on AJ and as much as i like Daniels to get a push, AJ needs a longer run with the belt.

I dont see why TNA continue to push the British Invasion tag team and i hope that Beer Money take the belts back.

Since Homicide asked for his release earlier in the week i assume that to keep him happy he will regain the X-Division title.

Since TNA dont have faith in Lacey and they want to push Sarita and Taylor

the faces will retain their titles.

Kong should make easy prey of Tara.

And this is the end of Desmond Wolf's TNA push and after this he will be stuck in the midcards.

A no brainer really Bobby will win this easy

who to pick?, i have no interest in TNA and dont know has the momentum

but since i like Elijah i'll pick his team.

Suicide asked for his release not homicide

Styles and Joe have both been booked stronger in the build up, but it wouldn't surprise me all that much if Daniels stole in and took the title, whilst making a full heel turn but then again I do feel that Styles should have a reasonably lengthy reign with the belt (holding it until at least Lockdown). Joe winning the title here would be the least interesting thing to happen.

Invasion retain via nefarious means, with the MCMG (as much as I'm fan) probably eating the pin, leading to British Invasion and Beer Money blowing of their feud next month.

Could go the other way but TNA seem to be getting behind Red as X-Division Champion, with that whole underdog champ vibe going on.

Think I might go for a toilet break when this is on. I don't want this to happen, because LVE shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling title of any kind but sadly I think it will. Apart from the fact that she sucks as a wrestler and her entertainment skills are little better, I also feel she is over-rated in the Sex Appeal department (give me Alissa Flash or Sarita over her any day of the week) but that may be because I'm more of a brunettes man and don't find the whole generic blonde bimbo type does it all that much for me.

Call me crazy but I'm going to call the upset win for Tara, Kong will dominate but Tara will find a way to win and this also ties in with the fact that I tipped the BP to win the the Knockout's straps in the toilet break match of the night.

Angle via roll-up, after being dominated and Wolfe decimating Angle post match to keep the feud going.

Lashley bores me, but this is the most nailed on pick of the night.

'Faces' via some vaguely screwy ending, so that Team Triple Burger and Whino can continue to harp on about the veterans being screwed over by 'TNA Mis-Mangement'.

Archived