The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Still not getting what you're asking.

So at the time of the invasion, the wrestlers from wcw got buried in the WWE, which of these wrestlers were over enough to win the title at wcw before they came over to the wwf?

Basically who got buried and how many of them would have been beating sting, Goldberg etc if the wcw never went bust

I actually agree, in the sense that he hadn't been featured in a truly mainstream company since 2001 and spent 10+ years in the wasteland that is TNA. That probably isn't how he meant it though.

Wasteland? Yeah, nevermind that they were actually doing good, and at the moment still are, unlike WWE, but shhh, we'll ignore that cause you know, only WWE matters.

So at the time of the invasion, the wrestlers from wcw got buried in the WWE, which of these wrestlers were over enough to win the title at wcw before they came over to the wwf?

Basically who got buried and how many of them would have been beating sting, Goldberg etc if the wcw never went bust

Still not getting what you're asking, but all the guys brought over for the InVasion Angle were promptly buried by WWE to show that WCW was on threat when they could've brought over the bigger name guys.

Oh, and the few big names they did bring in like DDP and Booker T? Buried.

Wasteland? Yeah, nevermind that they were actually doing good, and at the moment still are, unlike WWE, but shhh, we'll ignore that cause you know, only WWE matters.

Still not getting what you're asking, but all the guys brought over for the InVasion Angle were promptly buried by WWE to show that WCW was on threat when they could've brought over the bigger name guys.

Oh, and the few big names they did bring in like DDP and Booker T? Buried.

They couldn't bring the main guys over because the contracts they were on were too much so they let them run out then brought them over.

Booker t is known for been one who was not buried, and was ddp really good enough to go over the rock, stone cold, hhh, kurt angle, undertaker?

The invasion angle would never have worked because of those contracts, the wcw guys wernt over enough to cause Wwe guys a problem and the main guys would have cost too much to take on their contracts.

And you have answered it there yourself, wcw wernt buried, the wrestlers that come over just wernt over enough to be a threat. Vince didn't want to take on the contracts, and used the wisdom that made them number and not go out of business by letting the big contracts run out and sign them for less

You know what I've watched from WWE this year? The Royal Rumble, Daniel Bryan's return speech...and that's about it. I'm not a fan of their current product at all. It doesn't change the fact that TNA's brand identity is nowhere near what WCW's was, nevermind WWE's.

They couldn't bring the main guys over because the contracts they were on were too much so they let them run out then brought them over.

Booker t is known for been one who was not buried, and was ddp really good enough to go over the rock, stone cold, hhh, kurt angle, undertaker?

The invasion angle would never have worked because of those contracts, the wcw guys wernt over enough to cause Wwe guys a problem and the main guys would have cost too much to take on their contracts.

And you have answered it there yourself, wcw wernt buried, the wrestlers that come over just wernt over enough to be a threat. Vince didn't want to take on the contracts, and used the wisdom that made them number and not go out of business by letting the big contracts run out and sign them for less

Uh huh, that's why after the angle they brought in all the big names but Sting. Curious now that worked out.

And they weren't a threat cause WWE didn't book them like a threat. They booked them like a joke cause WWE wanted to bury the WCW wrestlers.

You know what I've watched from WWE this year? The Royal Rumble, Daniel Bryan's return speech...and that's about it. I'm not a fan of their current product at all. It doesn't change the fact that TNA's brand identity is nowhere near what WCW's was, nevermind WWE's.

And yet they're putting on better shows then WWE. Curious how that works out.

But don't let that stop you from continuing to support WWE's trashing of WCW.

Yeah, TNA are really kicking WWE backside right now. Er...

Seriously, we get it. You don't like the WWE. Fair enough. The product has changed so much over the last 15 years that you're probably among many that used to like it and now don't. Nothing wrong with that.

But quotes like above are just silly. TNA has been an absolute mess for the last few years. They have highlights, sure (particularly the women's division), but aren't even playing in the same league as WWE at the moment. They can't compete on talent, writing (if you think the HHH-Sting overbooking was bad....) or production.

Yeah, TNA are really kicking WWE backside right now. Er...

Seriously, we get it. You don't like the WWE. Fair enough. The product has changed so much over the last 15 years that you're probably among many that used to like it and now don't. Nothing wrong with that.

But quotes like above are just silly. TNA has been an absolute mess for the last few years. They have highlights, sure (particularly the women's division), but aren't even playing in the same league as WWE at the moment. They can't compete on talent, writing (if you think the HHH-Sting overbooking was bad....) or production.

Yeah, which is why they're putting on better shows then WWE, but don't let that stop you from spreading the WWE propaganda.

Just for the record guys, there are other promotions besides WWE out there, just saying, WWE isn't the end all be all of wrestling.

I think you've made your views clear Ashkihyena, but please take a break now - this is a thread dedicated to WWE, if you're going to take issue with anyone who posts in their favour then we're going to end up with an endless series of pointless back and forth arguments. I think 2 pages of it is enough.

So, on a completely different note, the Raw after Wrestlemania is usually debut time. Who will it be tonight?

My money is on Finn Balor and Adrian Neville. Would normally go with Sami Zayn but I think he's carrying an injury?

Although they could really do with a debuting heel to go after Daniel Bryan in the IC scene. Could Balor come up as a heel?

So, on a completely different note, the Raw after Wrestlemania is usually debut time. Who will it be tonight?

My money is on Finn Balor and Adrian Neville. Would normally go with Sami Zayn but I think he's carrying an injury?

Although they could really do with a debuting heel to go after Daniel Bryan in the IC scene. Could Balor come up as a heel?

I think Balor feuds with Bray. Could see Neville going right for the IC Title, or embarrassing Bo Dallas. Maybe Charlotte?

Once again guys, WWE's not the end all be all of wrestling.

No argument from me. My wrestling watching these days is limited to NJPW and ROH.

Back on topic: I will admit that the results of Mania sound intriguing, particularly Rollins winning the world title. I'm considering turning the show on tonight, but the 3 hour Raw format is just so long. I think that has a lot to do with my disinterest in WWE over most of the last couple of years.

I'm expecting Neville and Charlotte, maybe Balor. I'm curious what they'll do with Itami too.

Possibly Balor as heel as they do need heels, I've seen people predicting a Ziggler heel turn also. Should be interesting.

If I could watch them I would, unfortunately I don't think NJPW or ROH have television deals that I know of.

Shame, it'd show these WWE marks what actual good wrestling is.

Just a question, and I'm not going to debate the answer or start anything.

Did you actually like wwf in the attitude era and before? Or were you just into wcw?

Just a question, and I'm not going to debate the answer or start anything.

Did you actually like wwf in the attitude era and before? Or were you just into wcw?

Yes, I watched both shows back. Contrary to what you all might think, I was not just a WCW fan.

And yes, I also watched WWF back in it's golden era. Hogan, Macho Man, etc.

Things like this are one of the reasons why I'm so irritated at what the company has become.

Yes, I watched both shows back. Contrary to what you all might think, I was not just a WCW fan.

I agree with you on the fact the product isn't good anymore. (From my point of view) I watched it mainly 93-01. I watch a lot back on YouTube and I think mid to early 2000's was a time where there was some good stuff but not something I could sit and watch the full show. Now it's aimed at kids unfortunately for us. Still I think the last time it was pg it was much better than pg this time round

I agree with you on the fact the product isn't good anymore. (From my point of view) I watched it mainly 93-01. I watch a lot back on YouTube and I think mid to early 2000's was a time where there was some good stuff but not something I could sit and watch the full show. Now it's aimed at kids unfortunately for us. Still I think the last time it was pg it was much better than pg this time round

And that's irritates me the most, back in the 80's when it was PG, it wasn't crappy PG like it is now.

They could do so much better then they are, and I know Vince and his company knows it, but they don't even bother trying.

If I could watch them I would, unfortunately I don't think NJPW or ROH have television deals that I know of.

Shame, it'd show these WWE marks what actual good wrestling is.

They both have TV deals (here in the US at least), though whether or not you have access to them can vary. I'm fortunate enough to receive both of them.

NJPW is currently on AXS TV (formerly HDNet, the onetime home of ROH) with hour-long shows that have been showing some of the major matches since the beginning of 2013. This is just a 13-episode run at the moment, but it sounds like AXS TV is interested in ordering more, so I guess the show is doing decent numbers by that network's standards at least.

ROH airs on various local network affiliates, but they aren't shown in every market. They also put their TV show up on their website for free. I've had to watch it on there a couple of times when the show got preempted in my area (and in fact will have to do so again for the most recent episode, because my DVR cut out right in the middle of the main event.)

I would point out that following WWE doesn't mean you're oblivious to everything else or that you think it's the be all and end all. I try to get as much pimped stuff as I can from New Japan, NOAH, CMLL, Dragon Gate, ROH and Lucha Underground. As well as going through old footage. I generally prefer all of those promotions to WWE but there's too many talented workers in WWE to ignore it all together. I could never sit through a 3 hour Raw but watching the next day and skipping through the garbage works for me. Oh and NXT is great.

And that's irritates me the most, back in the 80's when it was PG, it wasn't crappy PG like it is now.

They could do so much better then they are, and I know Vince and his company knows it, but they don't even bother trying.

Yep but like I said it's because they're making easy money.

When I watched it in the early 90's i used to love the characters, undertaker, macho man, hulk hogan, papa shango, warrior, etc.

In the modern pg they aren't as unique. I'd love the attitude era but even if they can't go down that route id like to see the wrestlers become more unique. But there again there is no kayfaybe any more. Kids can't be scared of the undertaker because they can see a picture of him on the Internet smiling with kids.

Back in the day one of the guys who played a Russian (forgot his name) went (I think it was around) 3 years without speaking in public (because he was American) to keep in character.

Now days triple h as a bad guy at ringside consoles a crying child, which is a really nice thing to do, but then how can you accept him as a heel?

I live in Philadelphia, which is a fairly big market media destination. I get an hour of NJPW (english commentary), two hours of TNA, and if we want to go spanish language one hour of lucha underground, one hour of CMLL, and one hour of AAA.

By my count, that is SIX hours of wrestling PER WEEK, and thats just TV, where you can watch wrestling. That doesn't include internet shows like ROH, and the vast amount of internet content that indy companies put out all throughout the week.

You have an excess of non-WWE pro wrestling options in 2015. I suggest you avoid WWE fan-based message boards since the mentality there upsets you and explore those options.