The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I would have liked to see AJ stick around to fued with Charlotte and Sasha but I got the feeling a few months ago she'd retire in the next 2 years. I hope the Bellas stick around another year or they'll have to rush all the women up from NXT.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/large.gif

Daniel Bryan:

"I pitched this. I have pitched this. I want to wrestle Shinsuke Nakamura. So, he and I lived together for a brief bit in Santa Monica, California AND we're doing a tour of Japan soon, and I thought 'oh, what a great inter-promotional thing it would be if I were to wrestle Shinsuke Nakamura'.

And not only that it would be fun, it would be rewarding and if we put it on the Network and they could put in on their New Japan World or whatever it is that they have and then, it would be a win/win for everybody. But, I don't know if anybody...bought that idea (laughs)."

Vince's response was probably a "Get the hell outta here," followed by something borderline racist about asian wrestling.

Daniel Bryan:

"I pitched this. I have pitched this. I want to wrestle Shinsuke Nakamura. So, he and I lived together for a brief bit in Santa Monica, California AND we're doing a tour of Japan soon, and I thought 'oh, what a great inter-promotional thing it would be if I were to wrestle Shinsuke Nakamura'.

And not only that it would be fun, it would be rewarding and if we put it on the Network and they could put in on their New Japan World or whatever it is that they have and then, it would be a win/win for everybody. But, I don't know if anybody...bought that idea (laughs)."

Vince's response was probably a "Get the hell outta here," followed by something borderline racist about asian wrestling.

It's a shame WWE doesn't do cross promotional stuff anymore these days. Nakamura vs Bryan would rule and make serious bank in Japan.

That's not exactly the worst thing in the world considering how they can actually work a match

It would weaken NXT not having the most talented women on the show. And they still get booked better on NXT than the main roster.

The silver lining of AJ leaving is that Naomi is getting a title shot. I enjoyed her match with Natalya on Smackdown.

Taker has an undying hatred for CM Punk, so I imagine it's related to that. :p

I don't hate CM Punk I just am not a fan of the guy there is a difference. As far as AJ Lee is concerned she has been phoning it in ever since Punk left and if she doesn't want to be there then it's probably better that she just leaves all together which is what she's done.

To me I always thought she was over rated and she only had one match that I really liked and people are already trying to justify her going into the hall of fame and that I do not see. Yeah she probably will go in one day because lets face it the WWE HOF doesn't really matter but in my eyes from everything I've seen of her she didn't have a HOF worthy career.

One memorable title reign and one memorable match/feud isn't enough to justify it but as I stated earlier she'll probably end up going in down the line because eventually they will run out of women to put in the HOF.

NXT Highlights:

Sami's back, Dark Emma, Becky Lynch backstage promo, Breeze vs Itami (2 out of 3 falls).

Smackdown Highlights:

Naomi vs Natalya, Reigns interview, Cena trolling Rusev with the American flag, PTP taking the mickey out of New Day, Harper vs Ambrose, Sheamus vs Bryan (with BNB on commentary).

It's more likely that he's upset that WWE turned an 8 year-old's death into a media campaign about how saintly WWE is, all while continuing to treat their employees like beasts of burden.

and that's different than the NFL's breast cancer awareness month, or similar crap? for example, the NFL donates something like 3% of the sales of pink merchandise to charity, the rest is just more money for the NFL coffers off the backs of cancer victims and survivors.

Listen, im not saying it's right, it isn't. Just saying i'm having a hard time condemning the WWE for acting like every major corporation ever when it comes to marketing themselves as saints when it comes to charity work.

and that's different than the NFL's breast cancer awareness month, or similar crap? for example, the NFL donates something like 3% of the sales of pink merchandise to charity, the rest is just more money for the NFL coffers off the backs of cancer victims and survivors.

Listen, im not saying it's right, it isn't. Just saying i'm having a hard time condemning the WWE for acting like every major corporation ever when it comes to marketing themselves as saints when it comes to charity work.

If you read the blog, it seems that Justin Roberts isn't condemning them either. He says it's good they do it, they do it a lot, but the way it happened "on screen" isn't how it happened in reality. He's basically upset that as the person doing a lot of the arrangements, etc. and then he was left out of a lot of it, and it turned into propaganda. He's basically just upset from a personal stand point that he put a lot of time and effort into how it all come together, and then he isn't mentioned at all. No ones condemning the WWE.

I don't hate CM Punk I just am not a fan of the guy there is a difference. As far as AJ Lee is concerned she has been phoning it in ever since Punk left and if she doesn't want to be there then it's probably better that she just leaves all together which is what she's done.

To me I always thought she was over rated and she only had one match that I really liked and people are already trying to justify her going into the hall of fame and that I do not see. Yeah she probably will go in one day because lets face it the WWE HOF doesn't really matter but in my eyes from everything I've seen of her she didn't have a HOF worthy career.

One memorable title reign and one memorable match/feud isn't enough to justify it but as I stated earlier she'll probably end up going in down the line because eventually they will run out of women to put in the HOF.

I mean they put Alundra Blayze in and the only memorable thing she did was dropping the title in the garbage

NXT Highlights:

Sami's back, Dark Emma, Becky Lynch backstage promo, Breeze vs Itami (2 out of 3 falls).

Smackdown Highlights:

Naomi vs Natalya, Reigns interview, Cena trolling Rusev with the American flag, PTP taking the mickey out of New Day, Harper vs Ambrose, Sheamus vs Bryan (with BNB on commentary).

Breeze/Itami wasnt as good as I thought it'd be, I enjoyed the Rhyno segments though. Excited to see if they're gonna push him into top matches.

She probably won't be, because WWE doesn't reward people they're mad at (until they're dead/come crawling back), and they're in the middle of supporting a completely frivolous lawsuit against her husband. Better chance of someone on good terms that accomplished less getting in. WWE hall of famer Dawn Marie!

I agree, her wrestling career is mostly pretty mediocre and full of missed opportunities. Who thought the nerdy tom-boy who weighed about 95 pounds needed to be a dominant heel again? She's capable of doing good work and we saw signs of it when she'd be in the ring with Nikki Bella or Kaitlyn who could toss her around, but her heel work was pretty much crap and it seemed like it dragged on forever. Still she's a good promo and she got over, so good for her.

She probably won't be, because WWE doesn't reward people they're mad at (until they're dead/come crawling back), and they're in the middle of supporting a completely frivolous lawsuit against her husband. Better chance of someone on good terms that accomplished less getting in. WWE hall of famer Dawn Marie!

I agree, her wrestling career is mostly pretty mediocre and full of missed opportunities. Who thought the nerdy tom-boy who weighed about 95 pounds needed to be a dominant heel again? She's capable of doing good work and we saw signs of it when she'd be in the ring with Nikki Bella or Kaitlyn who could toss her around, but her heel work was pretty much crap and it seemed like it dragged on forever. Still she's a good promo and she got over, so good for her.

Her heel run was her best run honestly, when she held the title for a year she was just so cocky and arrogant with Tamina it was great

Her heel run was her best run honestly, when she held the title for a year she was just so cocky and arrogant with Tamina it was great

I really enjoyed the Ziggler/AJ/Big E trio. It had a lot of potential honestly since you had three people who could do comedy, wrestler, and get reactions out of the crowd. Dolph is a great wrestler but having AJ and Big E allowed him to avoid the in-ring one man promos that they overuse. They should have just given them all three titles and allowed them to build themselves up by their interactions with each other. They just had so much chemistry.

6aaf8935a96bf41f91c1ca688d6aedd3.jpg

I really enjoyed the Ziggler/AJ/Big E trio. It had a lot of potential honestly since you had three people who could do comedy, wrestler, and get reactions out of the crowd. Dolph is a great wrestler but having AJ and Big E allowed him to avoid the in-ring one man promos that they overuse. They should have just given them all three titles and allowed them to build themselves up by their interactions with each other. They just had so much chemistry.

6aaf8935a96bf41f91c1ca688d6aedd3.jpg

I really liked this trio as well. They didnt really get a chance to show what they had to offer before breaking them up.

I thought the period right after Ziggler turned face was particularly amazing. They were still together, but Ziggler was actually trying to talk her out of doing all the bad stuff to Kaitlyn. Big E and AJ nearly in tears when Dolph was getting massacred by ADR. It was a lot of cool storytelling during that period.

Yeah she probably will go in one day because lets face it the WWE HOF doesn't really matter but in my eyes from everything I've seen of her she didn't have a HOF worthy career.

I put that in bold because you are completely right. The way I look at it is this, they put Vince McMahon Sr.'s limo driver into their HOF. That alone makes it a huge joke.

Where is King Kong Bundy?

The guy was one of the biggest heels in the company in the mid-80's, if anyone belongs there he should be there.

I mean they put Alundra Blayze in and the only memorable thing she did was dropping the title in the garbage

Yeah her whole stint in the AWA and her two stints in WCW were nothing.

She was thought of as one of the top women in American wrestling at a time when Women's wrestling in the States was in a bit of a Dark Age. Even though it is a joke she most certainly belongs in the crappy WWE HOF.

You do know that the WWE hall of fame isn't just for WWE accomplishments? Madusa was an awesome wrestler all over the world. Might as well complain about how Fujinami never did anything other than win a couple of WW(W)F belts nobody ever heard of.

I agree that AJ was a good heel manager, but her style and look did not make her a good heel in-ring.