The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Chris Hero.

Hero/Kassius was fired because of weight problems as it was said above, yeah...I have no doubt he was close to debuting on the Main Roster if he he hadn't screwed up in the eyes of management...

EDIT: Not above...but in the previous page :p

I think it was more his constant fluctuation between being in good shape and being overweight that led to his departure more than just simply being the latter. I think they felt his dedication was lacking since his fitness level always jumped around so much

So I'm at a loss for words. I thought John Cena had the ugliest dropkicks I've ever seen. Then Liv Morgan triedto throw some. Good God. They need to watch Ziggler and Orton. They have some beautiful dropkicks!

Nothing beats Hardcore Holly's dropkicks.

And don't anyone dare say Okada, he's got like one million other things he's good at! Bobcore needs this! :p

How did AJ Styles get to keep his name?

I've heard before from mod makers (I'm not sure if this is the exact reason) but some people like Cpt. Charisma used to name AJ Lee as Miss April because AJ Lee was a WWE name. However I'm pretty sure Fleisch & TheWho changed it because her name is April Jeanette so AJ stands for her initials which is why WWE couldn't copyright it. Same goes for Styles. His name is Allen Jones (AJ) so TNA didn't have exclusive rights to it and therefore WWE could use it if they wanted to. Combine that with how much of a legacy Styles has paved, it would be downright silly to change his name. (Once again just reiterating I'm not 100% on the initials thing.) :)

I've heard before from mod makers (I'm not sure if this is the exact reason) but some people like Cpt. Charisma used to name AJ Lee as Miss April because AJ Lee was a WWE name. However I'm pretty sure Fleisch & TheWho changed it because her name is April Jeanette so AJ stands for her initials which is why WWE couldn't copyright it. Same goes for Styles. His name is Allen Jones (AJ) so TNA didn't have exclusive rights to it and therefore WWE could use it if they wanted to. Combine that with how much of a legacy Styles has paved, it would be downright silly to change his name. (Once again just reiterating I'm not 100% on the initials thing.) :)

For one, it would be silly to debut him as a big deal on the main roster with a different name when the entire premise around him is that everyone knows who he is

Secondly, he has a gigantic AJ on his side, so not much else they could do

For one, it would be silly to debut him as a big deal on the main roster with a different name when the entire premise around him is that everyone knows who he is

Secondly, he has a gigantic AJ on his side, so not much else they could do

It was also leaked that he was signed and he teased at a indie event in the U.K. that he would enter the Rumble. WWE had no choice to keep his name.

It was also leaked that he was signed and he teased at a indie event in the U.K. that he would enter the Rumble. WWE had no choice to keep his name.

Prince Devitt was leaked as signing, teased the hell out of it in his last UK run and still changed to Finn Balor. Argument is moot.

It's more or less what Showtime said. The whole premise of him signing was that it was AJ Styles, the last great unsigned hope from the indies, making his way to WWE. Same thing with Joe. They're trading on known names to US customers - hence why Devitt got changed because he signed just before NJPW guys started showing up regularly in ROH.

Plus, as Showtime stated, what the hell do they do with the big AJ tattoo if they change his name? Unless they changed it to like Air Jordan or something.

yea, what everyone else said. I assume it's because AJ Styles is a known name in "cult" circles. not like every casual is going to know who he is, but even my buddies who only watch once in awhile know AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

Keven Steen? El Generico? those are diffrent stories. They love them now, but didn't know them before they hit WWE.

It's also possible, because I have heard AJ is a pretty smart buisness man, that AJ holds the copyright on "AJ Styles" and thus TNA has no say in it, and WWE is presenting him as a big deal, so they were ok with it.

Styles owns the colour to most of his character. He owns "the phenomenal one", his finisher, his name, ect. He owns it all. The man is a smart business man. Plus I doubt HHH is hardcore about changing names anyway.

Also... Jordan and Gable are the greatest thing in NXT. They have a huge future in WWE together.

Styles owns the colour to most of his character. He owns "the phenomenal one", his finisher, his name, ect. He owns it all. The man is a smart business man. Plus I doubt HHH is hardcore about changing names anyway.

Also... Jordan and Gable are the greatest thing in NXT. They have a huge future in WWE together.

AJ also loves his Jesus and hates people who quote him.

Plus I doubt HHH is hardcore about changing names anyway.

I've read in a lot of interviews that Hunter thinks the name changing is dumb but Vince is the one that enforces it. Hunter really tried to sway Vince on keeping KENTA's name because he is so over in Japan. I understand why Vince does that but it's just seeming more and more stupid as time goes along. I guess the internet is spoiling me.