The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Former WCW owner Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker.

Sting interferes and costs Taker the match, allowing Shane to kick the authority out of power.

Year long build for Take vs Sting retirement match.

That's actually a pretty feasible solution. I can see the E doing this too.

EDIT: As far as this lackluster main event goes, is there a reason Roman couldn't face off against Barrett? Or Del Rio? At least give us a fresh match.

Vince then made a deal with Shane that he would gain control of Raw if he would wrestle one more match at WrestleMania 32. Shane accepted the offer, but Vince would name Hornswoggle as his opponent and made the match a Cage match. Shane McMahon needs to win to remove the senile old dog with erectile dysfunction Vince McMahon from power. [60]

Thank you wikipedia.

Former WCW owner Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker.

Sting interferes and costs Taker the match, allowing Shane to kick the authority out of power.

Year long build for Take vs Sting retirement match.

Tuned in for the first and last segment.

This was my first thought as well (both for the WCW connection and for Sting always being vs the authority), but I feel they've squandered it. If sting wins, taker looks bad because it's stings only real victory that I can recall in wwe. if taker wins, then sting just keeps on losing. I'd almost rather it be Goldberg since I've been seeing his name pop up and it would give him something fresh to do. Or maybe Nash. And I was surprised by the pop for shane, wow. If not a WCW connection , then some new lesnar-like beast from the MMA world.

As for the last segment.... I can see the crowd is thoroughly behind Reigns as usual...(eye roll) - did they ever have reigns feud with and go nuts on Cena? Seems like that could actually get him over given that the crowd hates on Cena.

As for the last segment.... I can see the crowd is thoroughly behind Reigns as usual...(eye roll) - did they ever have reigns feud with and go nuts on Cena? Seems like that could actually get him over given that the crowd hates on Cena.

I doubt it. Cena's hate has really diminished thanks to his US Open, not being in the main event much, and from the amount of time he has been there.

I honestly feel extremely bad for Roman. Dude has been screwed by the WWE's booking. He has the pedigree, the look, his ring skills have greatly improved but he has been given the worst roles, the worst promos, and the worst match psychology to get him over as a babyface. He's the biggest victim in all of this.

• Being positioned as the rebel anti-authority babyface when everyone knows he's anything but.
  • Being given the juvenile "funny" joke promos that no one apart from The Rock could cut without hate.
  • Putting him in matches against opponents who kick his ass only for him to simply hit his finisher and win. (The Underdog Cena psychology)

It'd probably be for the best to give him a long time off and have him come back as a heel. I'm talking about full-on monster. No promos, no joking, no smug grins, just him going out there being mean. A complete jerk. Attacking Owens and telling fatboy to get out of his ring, spearing Kalisto and saying he doesn't have time for masked midgets, punching Ambrose and calling him out as pretending to be crazy. Just a completely angry and bitter Reigns.

Eventually people will start cheering for him and then your turn him face WITHOUT changing his character or mannerisms. Roman gets to be top babyface with people supporting him.

I doubt it. Cena's hate has really diminished thanks to his US Open, not being in the main event much, and from the amount of time he has been there.

I honestly feel extremely bad for Roman. Dude has been screwed by the WWE's booking. He has the pedigree, the look, his ring skills have greatly improved but he has been given the worst roles, the worst promos, and the worst match psychology to get him over as a babyface.

• Being positioned as the rebel anti-authority babyface when everyone knows he's anything but.
  • Being given the juvenile "funny" joke promos that no one apart from The Rock could cut without hate.
  • Putting him in matches against opponents who kick his ass only for him to simply hit his finisher and win. (The Underdog Cena psychology)

It'd probably be for the best to give him a long time off and have him come back as a heel. I'm talking about full-on monster. No promos, no joking, no smug grins, just him going out there being mean. A complete jerk. Attacking Owens and telling fatboy to get out of his ring, spearing Kalisto and saying he doesn't have time for masked midgets, punching Ambrose and calling him out as pretending to be crazy. Just a completely angry and bitter Reigns.

Eventually people will start cheering for him and then your turn him face WITHOUT changing his character or mannerisms. Roman gets to be top babyface with people supporting him.

I doubt even that would work. Roman Reigns's image has been so damaged at this point he is comparable to Erik Watts.

I doubt even that would work. Roman Reigns's image has been so damaged at this point he is comparable to Erik Watts.

You're entitled to your own opinion so I mean no disrespect but Reigns could show up wearing an " I heart TNA" shirt and Sting facepaint and you still wouldn't like him :p It's clear you will never be a member of the Roman Empire

Kudos to WWE for not censoring the blood and actually giving a close up shot of a bloody Reigns...

Oh and for all you Reigns fanboys that seem to be on here. If your beloved Reigns is so good why was he booed yet again? How did he manage to get The Authority(HHH) to get cheered to the extreme?

I guess the entire crowd has blind hatred also?

Kudos to WWE for not censoring the blood and actually giving a close up shot of a bloody Reigns...

Oh and for all you Reigns fanboys that seem to be on here. If your beloved Reigns is so good why was he booed yet again? How did he manage to get The Authority(HHH) to get cheered to the extreme?

You saying that its his fault is ridiculous, hes a good wreslter just not booked well.

The fans cheering a heel is a sign a face is not over. Roman Reigns is Erik Watts 2.0.

Seriously your hate of Reigns is going from cartoonish to plain annoying. You really need to chill out over this.

Dude wrestling is fake. We literally have a game where we book wrestling. I'm not going to put Marat Kholov in a sex appeal angle and expect to get good results. It's all about the booking and playing to the strengths of the performer which is what WWE hasn't done with Roman.

The fans cheering a heel is a sign a face is not over. Roman Reigns is Erik Watts 2.0.

So based on this logic, the fans cheering Owens when he won the IC belt last week means that Ziggler and Ambrose aren't over?

Dude wrestling is fake. We literally have a game where we book wrestling. I'm not going to put Marat Kholov in a sex appeal angle and expect to get good results. It's all about the booking and playing to the strengths of the performer which is what WWE hasn't done with Roman.

Agreed.

So based on this logic, the fans cheering Owens when he won the IC belt last week means that Ziggler and Ambrose aren't over?

Agreed.

No Kevin Owens just happens to be real popular. Roman Reigns has been booed against multiple heels despite being a face. For example, Reigns got booed against the League of Nations despite the League being heels. Roman Reigns is a failure, that simple. Like I have said he reminds me of Erik Watts.

No Kevin Owens just happens to be real popular. Roman Reigns has been booed against multiple heels despite being a face. For example, Reigns got booed against the League of Nations despite the League being heels. Roman Reigns is a failure, that simple. Like I have said he reminds me of Erik Watts.

I'm done. You hate Reigns and that is your opinion. I think Vince has booked him poorly and hopefully it can be corrected. If not, then I still got Nakamura coming soon to be excited about. :D

1 - A reminder that swearing is not permitted. I've handed out a few warnings.

2 - As RawW pointed out, the last few pages have gotten very childish again. I realise we have a few younger members who have become more active recently, but let's try to keep things civil and semi-intelligent please, OK? And no more 'cool story bro' memes, I think we can all rise above that particular nadir. Again, if certain posters irritate you, we have a Block button that you can use - it's a lot more effective than engaging in endless circular arguments.

Godfather going into the Hall of Fame is pretty weird but it's not as if he's the first weird pick for the Hall of Fame they've ever done.

I don't thonk it's too weird when you consider how long he was with the company under various semi-successful gimmicks, especially with Papa Shango and Godfather being so memorable (at least, in my opinion).

Godfather was a pretty underrated big guy and was involved in plenty of memorable feuds throughout his different gimmicks.

He's not someone that'd spring to mind immediately for the Hall of Fame, but I see no reason why he shouldn't go in.

He's always seemed like a good dude too, so good for him.

Fun little story I remember him telling.

He was in talks with WCW to come in as a member of the nWo and be an enforcer for Ted DiBiase and Hogan. While negotiating Bischoff ended up talking to Virgil who said he'd do the same gig for much, much, much less. Which is how we ended up with Vincent in the nWo. It's a shame though, Godfather's look just screamed enforcer.

It's a shame though, Godfather's look just screamed enforcer.

He would of been a great enforcer for the nWo. You tend to forget he was good in the ring simply because of the Godfather gimmick. Since WM is in Dallas the Freebirds have to be inducted right? I wonder if they will induct Daniel Bryan this year.

He would of been a great enforcer for the nWo. You tend to forget he was good in the ring simply because of the Godfather gimmick. Since WM is in Dallas the Freebirds have to be inducted right? I wonder if they will induct Daniel Bryan this year.

The Freebirds have been heavily rumored so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I think they should wait until next year for Bryan. Let the retirement sink in first. He'd be a good headliner.

I'm totally hyped for the Shane O'Mac / 'Taker match. I absolutely marked out when I heard "Here Comes The Money" play and it was awesome to see Shane back in the WWE.

Will it be a wrestling classic? Hell no, but, I'm sure it will be a hugely entertaining brawl. Sure, Shane is 46 and hasn't wrestled for quite a while but I'm sure he'll train hard to get in-shape.

It's also one of the matches with the most intrigue for me. Will Shane pick up the win and takeover RAW, putting an end to The Authority? If so, he must surely do it with some help? There's no way he can go over clean.

People have talked up a Sting interference due to the links to WCW. That could be cool, setting up a 'Taker vs Sting retirement match at WM33, but, they'd need to tell the story well. A potential sticking point is the fact that when Shane "took over" WCW, Sting wasn't involved at all.

Shane O'Mac's return has really brought back my interest in 'Mania, as did the Triple H beatdown on Reigns. If we also get Lesnar vs Ambrose and Styles vs Owens as well as a multi-man Ladder Match for the US Title then I think it'll be a pretty sweet PPV.

People have talked up a Sting interference due to the links to WCW. That could be cool, setting up a 'Taker vs Sting retirement match at WM33, but, they'd need to tell the story well. A potential sticking point is the fact that when Shane "took over" WCW, Sting wasn't involved at all.

The goofy side of me wants to see Buff Bagwell make a return to help Shane. :p

Most likely, it'll be like Sting or Booker T or something if he gets any help.