The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Okay so the entire roster come down to join the brawl between Reigns and HHH yet they don't come down to Shane and Taker the feud that effects them directly. My biggest hatred of the rise of the Roman Empire is the use of the rest of the roster as meaningless props. The Uso's make sense sure, Ambrose sure, League of Nations sure but it should have been Roman vs HHH without the roster. Perhaps Roman spears Steph on accident making the feud even more personal and hinting at a turn from both guys. ATM with the injuries and silly booking decisions WWE's Heavyweight division is looking much much worse to TNA's, and after all these years that is surprising.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestlemania is literally free this year. If youll sit through three hours of garbage raw but not Mania I really dont know what to tell you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had no plans to watch Mania no matter what. I would rather watch the Walking Dead because it is far more entertaining.</p>

- WWE is reportedly not happy with the crowd's reaction to Eva Marie at Monday's RAW in Brooklyn, NY. On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that Eva was meant to be a returning babyface and WWE management was not expecting her to get booed out of the building.

Ummmmmm WHAT! Have they not watched an episode of NXT? She gets "YOU CANT WRESTLE" chants until she is gone from the crowd

If this is true, then they truly are completely out of touch.

[QUOTE=The_CoC;2132023]Okay so the entire roster come down to join the brawl between Reigns and HHH yet they don't come down to Shane and Taker the feud that effects them directly. My biggest hatred of the rise of the Roman Empire is the use of the rest of the roster as meaningless props. The Uso's make sense sure, Ambrose sure, League of Nations sure but it should have been Roman vs HHH without the roster. Perhaps Roman spears Steph on accident making the feud even more personal and hinting at a turn from both guys. ATM with the injuries and silly booking decisions WWE's Heavyweight division is looking much much worse to TNA's, and after all these years that is surprising.[/QUOTE] I think by and large the show is terrible and agree but this isn't the best example Reigns was jumped the by heels for HHH. It's only natural that people would save him. It's not like Shane or Taker were fighting an unfair fight. It's not even like when Brock and Taker had that brawl people joined for literally no reason. This one was a clear case of Roman being outnumbered

If this is true, then they truly are completely out of touch.

I just don't get thier obssesion with pushing her this hard. I don't think she should be fired or anything, but they clearly see her as the next big thing in Women's Wrestling, and I just don't know why.

I guess it could be as simple as "well the really hot chick used to be enough to move the meter" but those days are gone. In the Attitude era, that's all you needed, because horny teenagers like myself at that time didn't have smart phones, so we couldn't get enough of it.

Nowadays, people expect more than just a sexual object out of Women's wrestling. Looks are still important, but they aren't the end all be all. Eva can't work, can't talk, and has zero charisma aside from her looks. If people are that hard up for a hot (natural even) red head being used as a sexual object, they can google "faye Regan" and essentially get that experience ;)

She feels very much like a Vince pet project.

Any Wrestlemania predictions or fantasy booking?

Divas Triple Threat - Sasha will probably win and Bayley will probably debut on Raw. Charlotte should win, IMO, because it's her first WM and she's the top female heel. Sasha then beating her 1-on-1 at the next PPV would have more impact. I also don't want them to rush Bayley's "promotion" to the main roster.

IC Ladder match - I'm thinking Zayn wins but Owens should win for the same reason as Charlotte. Give him his Wrestlemania moment and play the long game with the Zayn vs Owens feud. Zayn needs the Daniel Bryan underdog treatment where he has to work hard to finally beat Owens for the title.

Reigns vs HHH - Reigns wins clean is the expected result. I would prefer either Reigns loses and snaps, turning on Ambrose on Raw or Reigns wins clean to deafening boos then develops an ego over the next month or 2 and slowly turns heel. Either would be a more interesting story than the losing battle of pushing Reigns as a babyface.

Lesnar vs Ambrose - Ambrose probably wins with help from the Wyatts. I would prefer Lesnar to win. It just needs to be a bloody battle where Lesnar has to incapacitate Ambrose (Kimura Lock to both arms?).

Taker vs Shane - Not sure how they're going to book this one but I expect shenanigans.

<p>With the Mania hype virtually over, I find myself saying something I thought I would never say: "I hope Triple H goes over."</p><p> </p><p>

Now for my predictions...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roman</strong> vs Triple H</p><p>

This is the predictable outcome, but Vince might be weary of having his record setting show end in a chorus of boos. We might be swerved here.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ambrose</strong> vs Brock</p><p>

Brock is the predictable winner here, but something tells me Ambrose will pull an upset. He has been losing an awful lot of big matches lately. This could be a huge pay off for him. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Shane McMahaon</strong> vs The Undertaker</p><p>

I honestly have no idea. The booking of the feud outside of the first week has been an absolute mess. They seem to just be throwing things on a week by week basis and hoping something sticks. There is little in the way of a coherent plot and I don't know who to cheer for. I want Shane to run RAW and I want a return of the brand extension. I want Sting to cost Taker the match and set up a double retirement match next year. Since I have no gut feeling either way, I will predict Shane wins based on what I want.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sasha Banks</strong> vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch</p><p>

This one is easy. I would be shocked if Banks didn't win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kalisto</strong> vs Ryback.</p><p>

I don't care either way.</p><p> </p><p>

IC Ladder Match - <strong>Sami Zayn</strong></p><p>

This should have been a singles match between Zayn and Owens. Oh well. I would accept Ryder winning as well, but that would never happen.</p><p> </p><p>

The New Day vs <strong>The LON</strong></p><p>

Surprise me Vince. Give the LON, which consists of two former world champions some credibility. Give me a reason to care about them. New Day's run as tag champs is also running its course.</p><p> </p><p>

Dudleys vs. <strong>Usos</strong></p><p>

I couldn't care less.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Total Divas</strong> vs. Not... total divas</p><p>

At the very least it would give Natalya a win at Mania. But while talking about this match, how out of touch is Vince if he seriously thought Eva would be cheered on the main roster? Has he lost his damn mind?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Andre the Giant Battle Royale</p><p>

Don't know. Don't care.</p>

<p>If we're fantasy booking then my top pick is:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ambrose vs Lesnar</strong></p><p>

I don't think there's any believable way that Ambrose wins this clean, but I'd love to see Lesnar win a close-fought battle where Ambrose just wont stay down, followed by a handshake for a blood-soaked and still-standing Dean.</p><p> </p><p>

Followed by:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roman vs HHH</strong></p><p>

I want Roman to win, because I don't see the point in HHH holding the title and a Roman victory will either be a hilarious car crash that finally kills his face run or the beginning of his acceptance by the fans. Either way, should be good.</p>

Imagine if the Four Horsemen were Mongo McMichael, Paul Roma, Sid, and Jeff Jarrett.

I think I might be the only person on Earth who liked Mongo in the Horsemen.

Something a little off-topic from Mania: I've been catching up on NXT before Takeover. Do people like Elias Samson? For weeks I've been waiting for them to develop his character, but it seems like he's going to be a one-dimensional lower midcarder before long. I like his work thus far, but I think that his gimmick is one of those that can only go so far. It's not like he's Raven or anything like that in terms of character or charisma, so I see a lot of Sandow career trajectory in him, at best. And not just in his look. I just think it's interesting to hear others' opinions since he's not an 'indie darling' as far as I know.

Something a little off-topic from Mania: I've been catching up on NXT before Takeover. Do people like Elias Samson? For weeks I've been waiting for them to develop his character, but it seems like he's going to be a one-dimensional lower midcarder before long. I like his work thus far, but I think that his gimmick is one of those that can only go so far. It's not like he's Raven or anything like that in terms of character or charisma, so I see a lot of Sandow career trajectory in him, at best. And not just in his look. I just think it's interesting to hear others' opinions since he's not an 'indie darling' as far as I know.

Agreed. Doesnt help that both announcers dump on him his entire match. I think unless he gets an actual storyline hes done. But him losing his last match and his undefeated run ending he might be done getting pushed.

I think this gimmick has a ceiling, but until last week they were in the "lets intro him with squashes" part of the program. I was surprised they gave Gargano the win, not because I dislike Gargano or anything, just seemed like a random way for that undefeated streak to die.

Agreed. Doesnt help that both announcers dump on him his entire match. I think unless he gets an actual storyline hes done. But him losing his last match and his undefeated run ending he might be done getting pushed.

Yeah, it was weird. Graves damned him for cheating, and then the next match was sticking up for Blake and Murphy cheating on behalf of Alexa. :confused: And then Dana cheating from the outside on behalf of Emma. :confused: I guess only blatant outside interference is OK?

He seems like a dude Graves would love, too. It's weird what they've done with him.

I think this gimmick has a ceiling, but until last week they were in the "lets intro him with squashes" part of the program. I was surprised they gave Gargano the win, not because I dislike Gargano or anything, just seemed like a random way for that undefeated streak to die.

It was almost like they were building Samson for "more," but honestly now it kind of just looks like they have no direction for him so they'll throw him into a match with Crews at Takeover. Since Crews has nothing else to do.

Yeah, it was weird. Graves damned him for cheating, and then the next match was sticking up for Blake and Murphy cheating on behalf of Alexa. :confused: And then Dana cheating from the outside on behalf of Emma. :confused: I guess only blatant outside interference is OK?

He seems like a dude Graves would love, too. It's weird what they've done with him.

Maybe its just me but Graves seems to have gone a bit to the WWE style of announcing instead of the great job he has been doing for months. God forbid a heel be a legit heel on commentary.

Maybe its just me but Graves seems to have gone a bit to the WWE style of announcing instead of the great job he has been doing for months. God forbid a heel be a legit heel on commentary.

I feel like for the past few months, NXT has hit a lull. There's no real storylines going on. I think the interesting matches are the debuts of Aries and Nakamura, Bayley/Asuka, and American Alpha/The Revival (only for AA). And even then, those matches are all kind of thrown together and the only real story is the one with Corbin and Aries. Joe/Balor already happened - and that's fine - but I don't have allegiance toward one or the other because there has been no story since their last encounter. Maybe I'm looking at NXT the wrong way, but it feels like their best events/matches have been the ones with great storytelling - Bayley/Sasha, Zayn/Cesaro, Zayn/Owens, etc. They don't really have anything gripping like that, heading into their biggest show ever.

I'm thinking we may get a turn from Balor if Gallows and Anderson debut. Joe hasn't been an effective heel and I think a quick turn back into a badass face looking for revenge could do him well, if he's not coming up to the main roster of course. I think they've gotta do something big for this show, something that's been lacking as of late. I think turning Balor might be it - it's not like this would slow his merch sales or anything, since a ton of people wear Balor Club shirts anyway. It just opens up an opportunity for guys like Crews/Nakamura/Itami (?) to chase the belt.

Sorry for the rant, I kinda got carried away.

I just don't get thier obssesion with pushing her this hard. I don't think she should be fired or anything, but they clearly see her as the next big thing in Women's Wrestling, and I just don't know why.

I guess it could be as simple as "well the really hot chick used to be enough to move the meter" but those days are gone. In the Attitude era, that's all you needed, because horny teenagers like myself at that time didn't have smart phones, so we couldn't get enough of it.

Nowadays, people expect more than just a sexual object out of Women's wrestling. Looks are still important, but they aren't the end all be all. Eva can't work, can't talk, and has zero charisma aside from her looks. If people are that hard up for a hot (natural even) red head being used as a sexual object, they can google "faye Regan" and essentially get that experience ;)

She feels very much like a Vince pet project.

She's their 2016 version of Sable. Vince probably has a thing for her and will push her to the moon as a result. Only that doesn't work anymore. Sable would most certainly not get over today. Her lack of knowledge and interest in wrestling would shine right through and the fans would tear her apart.

With the Mania hype virtually over, I find myself saying something I thought I would never say: "I hope Triple H goes over."

Now for my predictions...

Roman vs Triple H

This is the predictable outcome, but Vince might be weary of having his record setting show end in a chorus of boos. We might be swerved here.

Ambrose vs Brock

Brock is the predictable winner here, but something tells me Ambrose will pull an upset. He has been losing an awful lot of big matches lately. This could be a huge pay off for him.

Shane McMahaon vs The Undertaker

I honestly have no idea. The booking of the feud outside of the first week has been an absolute mess. They seem to just be throwing things on a week by week basis and hoping something sticks. There is little in the way of a coherent plot and I don't know who to cheer for. I want Shane to run RAW and I want a return of the brand extension. I want Sting to cost Taker the match and set up a double retirement match next year. Since I have no gut feeling either way, I will predict Shane wins based on what I want.

Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch

This one is easy. I would be shocked if Banks didn't win.

Kalisto vs Ryback.

I don't care either way.

IC Ladder Match - Sami Zayn

This should have been a singles match between Zayn and Owens. Oh well. I would accept Ryder winning as well, but that would never happen.

The New Day vs The LON

Surprise me Vince. Give the LON, which consists of two former world champions some credibility. Give me a reason to care about them. New Day's run as tag champs is also running its course.

Dudleys vs. Usos

I couldn't care less.

Total Divas vs. Not... total divas

At the very least it would give Natalya a win at Mania. But while talking about this match, how out of touch is Vince if he seriously thought Eva would be cheered on the main roster? Has he lost his damn mind?

Andre the Giant Battle Royale

Don't know. Don't care.

I'm not sure why people want the Zayn vs Owens match fast-tracked. Zayn only just debuted. Non-NXT viewers need a reason to care first.

I read that New Day vs LON isn't even for the title (can't be sure though) so a LON victory would be hollow. But LON need credibility for their expected feud with Enzo & Cass.

Elias Sampson is decent in the ring but the gimmick was DOA like Sami Callihan's hacker gimmick. He's being fed to Crews at Takeover anyway in the only throwaway match on the card.

She's their 2016 version of Sable. Vince probably has a thing for her and will push her to the moon as a result. Only that doesn't work anymore. Sable would most certainly not get over today. Her lack of knowledge and interest in wrestling would shine right through and the fans would tear her apart.

I know nobody likes Sable, but the gap between the crowd reaction to her and the crowd reaction to Eva Marie is a country mile. 1997 crowds were so excited to see Sable it killed Marc Mero's career. She only started getting pushed when it was clear she was drawing way more heat than Mero.

I know nobody likes Sable, but the gap between the crowd reaction to her and the crowd reaction to Eva Marie is a country mile. 1997 crowds were so excited to see Sable it killed Marc Mero's career. She only started getting pushed when it was clear she was drawing way more heat than Mero.

I'm not minimizing Sable's career, only that if she were to debut today, there would be a visceral rejection of her. Back then there were no women in the company, so just having Sable in Mero's corner (though it makes no sense for a babyface to have a valet) drew mega reactions.

But even though Vince still books at times like it's 1999, women's wrestling has progressed since then. Crowd reactions and a hashtag forced the company to take the division more seriously. We now expect women to be able to carry matches and to actually have a passion for what they do. Gone are the days when Kevin Dunn and John Laurenitis would hire girls off of fashion magazines and put the womens title on them. Thank god might I add.

Gone are the days when Kevin Dunn and John Laurenitis would hire girls off of fashion magazines and put the womens title on them. Thank god might I add.

IMO Trish Stratus was the only thing good that came from that....it worked once but lightning did not strike in the same place twice.

I'm not minimizing Sable's career, only that if she were to debut today, there would be a visceral rejection of her. Back then there were no women in the company, so just having Sable in Mero's corner (though it makes no sense for a babyface to have a valet) drew mega reactions.

And I 100% disagree with this. If she debuted as the face of the diva's divison, maybe, but as mentioned earlier, Lana got pretty over doing a similar shtick, despite not looking like an ersatz Pamela Anderson. Then once Sable was over, there was very little pushback on her being carried by Jackie or Luna because the crowd actually cared and wanted to see her.

I think Sampson could use promo time or something to expand on his gimmick. I love the leaping knee strike he does, usually before his neckbreaker, and the "Shhh" bit that he does would be better if he got booed harder, though that would happen if he were against faces that the NXT universe cared about. I think with real feuds and some time, he has a shot at doing something, and now he finally has one. At the same time, I don't see him ever exceeding the midcard and the gimmick bombing at the WWE level.