The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="guyver3" data-cite="guyver3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WWE also just put up a video of lucha dragons deciding to go there separate ways and enter the draft as singles competitors maybe Bray will have some promo saying something similar like the last time he released Harper and Rowan</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dont think its a "choice" Lucha Dragons are doing it "as an option" while i doubt its up to them. Sin Cara will be a midcard jobber while Kalisto will get a nice push as a Rey Mysterio upper midcard guy. Sin Cara only holds Kalisto back if they team up.</p><p> </p><p> Wyatts just doesnt make sense. No matter how you look at it. Why would he just end the family?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tha Black Phenom" data-cite="Tha Black Phenom" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bray Wyatt needs revamping in some column. They were trying to test a face run with him before he got injured post-Mania.<p> </p><p> While wanting consistency from WWE is only fair because they haven't been the best in that department, nothing about this shows to me a lack of consistency from their end. They can choose to do whatever they want with the Wyatt family. If they'll keep them together, great(as long as they do something interesting with them). But if they don't, fine. Not keeping them together would not be any sign of "inconsistency" but purely that they may have plans set up for Rowan/Harper/Bray/Strowman down the stretch and what exactly is wrong with that, when you really think about it</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> It's clear as day that those guys won't be tag team partners/stable members forever. They've done their fair share of "terrorizing" the roster, they even had somewhat of a stronghold during the Royal Rumble match for a good few minutes because Lesnar became the next entrant. I feel like they've done the world with them, and maybe now that they're shaking things up, they might shake things up in more than one department.</p><p> </p><p> In fact, just touting them as the "longest running stable in the WWE"(not bothered to check whether that's true or not, but I'll take it) may just be the writing on the wall...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> When I said consistency i mean that "all tag teams are drafted together". Besides the Wyatts. For what reason? Damn sure Bray wouldnt ask for that. Lucha Dragons are "going their own ways" so they make sense. Kalisto going to Raw to be the Cruiserweight champ and a future Rey Mysterio. While Sin Cara goes to SD to be a jobber. </p><p> </p><p> Wyatt family not being together unlike New Day and the Social Outcasts just doesnt make sense. Why are they not included? Thats my problem. Why are they not considered a group is my problem when everyone else is. There is no logic to that</p>

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I absolutely loved Raw.

Foley and Steph seem like a good pairing, as do Shane and D-Bry. Foley came out of left field and I'm so glad they didn't use Triple H. However, I am glad for Smackdown that they went with the predictable route of Daniel Bryan. He's the perfect choice.

The ending was odd, but I'm guessing it sets up for two world titles again. They stopped calling Dean the WWE World Heavyweight champion and just went back to calling him the WWE Champion.

The entire 12 man promo and match was great.

Miz was as usual, his irritatingly great self on commentary. That forearm to Del Rio from Darren Young was stiff as hell. I like the story they're telling with Darren though. It's great that they're finally doing something with him.

I'm excited for Smackdown tomorrow.

I am going to Smackdown tomorrow night and I am actually excited. I bought the ticket before I knew the draft was going to be happening so that was a huge bonus.

Oddly enough, I didn't go to RAW tonight even though it was taking place ten minutes from my house. But I am going to Smackdown which is about a forty-five minute drive from where I am at. I think I need my head examined.

They ruled on WWE Network after Raw that it was a double pin with the shoulders of both men down, so Ambrose retains. This is bizarre in that they never directed viewers to go to WWE Network. They showed Rollins attack Ambrose after the ruling and then walk out with the title belt. Cole said Rollins had the championship, but he is not the champion.

Oddly enough, I didn't go to RAW tonight even though it was taking place ten minutes from my house. But I am going to Smackdown which is about a forty-five minute drive from where I am at. I think I need my head examined.

Your Smackdown!-inferiority complex will soon end starting today. It's going to be a new era #teamshaneomac :p

Raw was pretty good but too long as usual. I wish they had made Raw and Smackdown 2.5 hours each. Foley and Bryan as GMs is good. Screwy finish aside it was nice to watch an important TV match where I couldn't predict the winner.

For Battleground I can see Rollins heading to Raw as Champion with Ambrose feuding with Reigns on Smackdown (assuming they give up on pushing Reigns as a babyface).

As for the divisions, I'm thinking:

Raw: WWE Title, US Title, Tag Title, Cruiserweight Title

Smackdown: Heavyweight Title, IC Title, Women's Title

That was an ennjoyable Raw in general, didn't feel like the slog it sometimes can I was excited for Daniel Bryan to be on screen again. But the thing that is going to annoy me the most... Daniel Bryan is commentating the Cruiserweight Classic and is a big fan of their's, yet the cruiserweights will be on the other brand. Meanwhile, Mick Foley is a huge fan of the current crop of women's wrestlers and it looks likely that they will be on the other brand... that's really gonna bug me, it really is.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That was an ennjoyable Raw in general, didn't feel like the slog it sometimes can I was excited for Daniel Bryan to be on screen again. But the thing that is going to annoy me the most... Daniel Bryan is commentating the Cruiserweight Classic and is a big fan of their's, yet the cruiserweights will be on the other brand. Meanwhile, Mick Foley is a huge fan of the current crop of women's wrestlers and it looks likely that they will be on the other brand... that's really gonna bug me, it really is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is a good point, hadn't really thought about it like that. Personally, I am just happy Hornswoggle being the final Cruiserweight champion is not going to be a thing. WCW Nitro = Raw 2016 Jokes aside, 3 hours of RAW, with the first hour being exclusive for Cruiserweights could be awesome. The CWC has been amazing so far, if we are lucky it could result in more indy talent getting a chance to shine in the E'. Tajiri and Brian Kendrick back on Raw please, thank you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That was an ennjoyable Raw in general, <strong>didn't feel like the slog</strong> it sometimes can I was excited for Daniel Bryan to be on screen again. But the thing that is going to annoy me the most... Daniel Bryan is commentating the Cruiserweight Classic and is a big fan of their's, yet the cruiserweights will be on the other brand. Meanwhile, Mick Foley is a huge fan of the current crop of women's wrestlers and it looks likely that they will be on the other brand... that's really gonna bug me, it really is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was so happy watching my first 3 hour RAW in a long time didn't feel like I was being tortured. Let's hope that they stick with the current format of pretty good tag matches, no Roman Reins and less of the hype videos for filler and it should be a really good show. #MAKERAWGREATAGAIN</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am going to Smackdown tomorrow night and I am actually excited. I bought the ticket before I knew the draft was going to be happening so that was a huge bonus. <p> </p><p> Oddly enough, I didn't go to RAW tonight even though it was taking place ten minutes from my house. But I am going to Smackdown which is about a forty-five minute drive from where I am at. I think I need my head examined.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm going, as well. Very excited, very curious who the call ups are. I'm thinking Nia Jax, Mojo Rawley, maybe Corey Graves*? Aside from the obvious choices of Balor, American Alpha, and Bayley.</p><p> </p><p> *God, please grant me a Ranallo/Graves announce team, I don't care which show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going, as well. Very excited, very curious who the call ups are. I'm thinking Nia Jax, Mojo Rawley, maybe Corey Graves*? Aside from the obvious choices of Balor, American Alpha, and Bayley.<p> </p><p> *God, please grant me a Ranallo/Graves announce team, I don't care which show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So much this. Mauro Ranallo is the best.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going, as well. Very excited, very curious who the call ups are. I'm thinking Nia Jax, Mojo Rawley, maybe Corey Graves*? Aside from the obvious choices of Balor, American Alpha, and Bayley.<p> </p><p> *God, please grant me a Ranallo/Graves announce team, I don't care which show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mauro/Graves would be pretty great.</p><p> </p><p> Though, part of me was disappointed when Bryan was the GM, because that means a Mauro/Bryan team won't be a thing past the CWC.</p><p> </p><p> Mauro/Bryan/Graves would be pretty awesome too, probably.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Mauro/Graves would be pretty great.<p> </p><p> Though, part of me was disappointed when Bryan was the GM, because that means a Mauro/Bryan team won't be a thing past the CWC.</p><p> </p><p> Mauro/Bryan/Graves would be pretty awesome too, probably.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Man I love Bryan/Mauro on the CWC but I have one suggestion that is driving me as crazy as kitten mittens for Bryan regarding a vocal tick.</p><p> </p><p> For the love of god Daniel, stop with the jet lag analysis of every single guy. you are killing me haha.</p><p> </p><p> Kidding aside, i thought he did great for episode one.</p><p> </p><p> On the Draft, interesting to see what they do with the Women and Tag teams. I'm glad the Cruiser Weight title is coming back to Raw, but i think Smackdown should get an exclusive division to make up for that. I still don't think there is enough talent to have separate tag/women's divisions on each show, like to see how they address that. </p><p> </p><p> Also, potential NXT pick spoilers in white:</p><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">SO i guess at a live event last night, Balor, Baylee, America Alpha, and Nakamura got together as five and all did Nakamura's rope move (was pretty cool, youtube it) afterwards Finn gave a speech that kinda highly implied the 5 of them were about to get drafted. That would make 4 of the 6 NXT picks, assuming American Alpha gets a tag team nod. </span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone else have a feeling Bayley will be Sasha's partner at Battleground?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't think of anyone else they could bring in that would make sense. Maybe Nia Jax? Are there any former "Divas" that could be a possibility? I am kind of hoping for a Velvet Sky sighting, but I doubt most casual WWE fans would know who she is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone else have a feeling Bayley will be Sasha's partner at Battleground?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As soon as I heard Sasha was going to have a mystery partner I immediately thought Bayley. Though I'll be kinda dissapointed if she gets drafted tonight first I feel it would ruin the "surprise" of it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone else have a feeling Bayley will be Sasha's partner at Battleground?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sasha needs a hug.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ben_Ditch05" data-cite="Ben_Ditch05" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sasha needs a hug.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I need a hug lol!</p>

Bayley is the right call for the moment, but long-term I wonder if bringing her up now will damage her. Because surely the direction for SummerSlam has to be Sasha vs. Charlotte, that's the golden goose they've kept locked away for a solid twelve months.

Where do you fit Bayley in this whole story? The only logical answer is that Bayley will work Dana Brooke to keep her occupied for Sasha. But that's a pre-show program at best, not exactly an exciting outcome for a much anticipated debut. I would say Triple Threat as SummerSlam but surely Bayley can't fight Sasha just a month after debuting as her friend. All that said, I am interested in seeing how Bayley fares on the main roster. I expect her to do great, but then again I expected Becky to really struggle when she got called up and she's flourished.

Just saw this:

it a matter of two hours WWE SmackDown Live will air on the USA network and we can reveal one of the 6 NXT wrestlers confirmed to be joining the main roster has been revealed.

The WWE crew have putting “Hugger Section” signs on the ringside chairs, which all but officially confirms former NXT Women’s Champion Bayley will be drafted to either Raw or SmackDown.

Bayley joined NXT in 2013 and has been flagged for a huge push on the main roster when she gets her call up.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/43007/MAJOR-NXT-Spoiler-For-Tonights-WWE-Draft/

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going, as well. Very excited, very curious who the call ups are. I'm thinking Nia Jax, Mojo Rawley, maybe Corey Graves*? Aside from the obvious choices of Balor, American Alpha, and Bayley.<p> </p><p> *God, please grant me a Ranallo/Graves announce team, I don't care which show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe you could chime in or anyone who watched it live. But I felt that the crowd was dead for the most part. There were some pops (Daniel Bryan) but the crowd just did not come off all that well. </p><p> </p><p> Granted I am more like a Japanese wrestling fan when I go. I just sit there and occasionally clap and I never get loud but most of the people in my section were pretty silent and it seemed like the rest of the crowd was as well.</p><p> </p><p> The show was pretty lackluster. I enjoyed the main event, I liked the Jericho match as well, and the Cena match was not bad. However, the rest of the card was lacking. I know they had to make the matches shorter due to the time constraints and because of the draft but I must say the Smackdown I went to in Manchester, New Hampshire a couple of months ago was better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe you could chime in or anyone who watched it live. But I felt that the crowd was dead for the most part. There were some pops (Daniel Bryan) but the crowd just did not come off all that well. <p> </p><p> Granted I am more like a Japanese wrestling fan when I go. I just sit there and occasionally clap and I never get loud but most of the people in my section were pretty silent and it seemed like the rest of the crowd was as well.</p><p> </p><p> The show was pretty lackluster. I enjoyed the main event, I liked the Jericho match as well, and the Cena match was not bad. However, the rest of the card was lacking. I know they had to make the matches shorter due to the time constraints and because of the draft but I must say the Smackdown I went to in Manchester, New Hampshire a couple of months ago was better.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it really came off better on TV than it must have in the crowd....I felt a little robbed because most of the John Cena vs. Luke Gallows was cut off of TV. I don't know if it was the tricky hands of Kevin Dunn but I really don't think Darren Young should have gotten as big a pop as what looked like on TV. Seth vs. Dean turned out really well on TV. I was pretty freaking shocked to see Dean win that match clean. This is the strongest he has been booked ever in the company....the same goes for Seth for that matter. I'm happy they are actually creating a bit of separation in the Main Event scene.</p><p> </p><p> If you have about 20 minutes to burn here is my full thoughts on the show....</p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/1LfIeLSfsJA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Smackdown K Nection 7 19 16"></iframe></div></div>