The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

She's one of the ones who has a WWE name, I'm pretty sure that means she's signed.

EDIT: Also, there's a clip of her on WWE.com saying "This is not over".

This match was one of the only first rounders where I thought either one could've won. I really wouldn't have liked to have seen Laith go out in the first round either.

At least it was a creative WWE name. She's used Jazzy before and Gabert is her real last name.

I've been waiting for her to get signed for years. Then again, there's a handful of women in the tournament I'd like signed and some I hope I never see again.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At least it was a creative WWE name. She's used Jazzy before and Gabert is her real last name. <p> </p><p> I've been waiting for her to get signed for years. Then again, there's a handful of women in the tournament I'd like signed and some I hope I never see again.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The CWC was the same way for me. There were guys in there that were great and deserved to get signed, but the first round had some huge duds that I never want to see again.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codeydbw" data-cite="codeydbw" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"For God sake you come out here with your zipper open" <p> </p><p> "I busted it actually. Big Dog." </p><p> </p><p> Roman Reigns is officially the best promo in wrestling history, and any contradicting opinion is <strong>factually incorrect</strong>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Really good adlib but Cena still won this round.</p>

Just finished the quarter finals of MYC and it seems obvious that Kairi is going to the finals. I'm not really bothered by it though because she draws my attention and is like the opposite of askua being vulnerable. Heck I really like Toni, Piper, and Dakota and most of the girls from their bracket. The other side of the bracket I'm less interested in especially Shana it's so obvious she's only there because of Rousey.

Shayna is like the female Brock Lesnar if Lesnar had started in MMA and switched to wrestling. Love or hate her style, she commands attention and you know exactly what you're getting in her matches.

The one positive is that she has some decent match experience so she doesn't suck like Rhonda probably would in a 10-15 minute match. I'm worried they will push 4HW vs 4HW at Survivor Series instead of holding off until Wretlemania but then what does Shayna do? She needs a year in NXT to get some polish but that would weird after headlining a PPV.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm a bit let down by match quality. the CWC and the UK tournament had multiple classic matches.</div></blockquote><p> Yeah, I expected it to pick up in the later rounds but it just didn't. I didn't expect five stars or anything but I at least expected that the later round matches would run longer and have a sense of urgency to them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I expected it to pick up in the later rounds but it just didn't. I didn't expect five stars or anything but I at least expected that the later round matches would run longer and have a sense of urgency to them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seemingly half of the women were exclusively trained by WWE as opposed to name talent, it's not really comparable in that sense.</p><p> </p><p> That said I thought Baszler vs Martinez and Sane/Belair were as good as any matches from those two tournies</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm a bit let down by match quality. the CWC and the UK tournament had multiple classic matches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Disagree on the UK turny, most of the awesome matches there were Quarters or better as well. the CWC had a few more memorable matches than the MYC but for the most part i feel the MYC followed the basic formula they've established:</p><p> </p><p> 1. Duds get paired up with people moving on in round 1, with one or perhaps 2 notable exceptions (Sane v. Blanchard here) </p><p> </p><p> 2. Next round is ok matches where the people going forward holds off on showing much of their move set</p><p> </p><p> 3. Actual good matches begin in the Quarters. </p><p> </p><p> Just finished the Semi's, both matches very good. Sane is a legit star, she will slot into Asuka's spot nicely.</p><p> </p><p> Haven't checked spoilers/rumors, but people I'd love to see signed off this who i'm not sure on status of are:</p><p> </p><p> Toni</p><p> Piper</p><p> Mercedes</p><p> Princess Suge</p><p> Dakota</p><p> </p><p> Also love to see them reoffer Io at some point, but I don't blame either party for that. If Io can work with her neck, then why get potentially career shortening neck surgery just to get a WWE contract and on WWE's part, why sign a person who may be injured seriously without surgery? </p><p> </p><p> That one is just unfortunate.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Toni Storm is a star, in my opinion. With Baszler in the finals, kinda glad it's not against her. I find Belair's ponytail gimmick to be dumb, but it's gotten people behind her. Good worker too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Totally disagree about Belair's ponytail. It's unique and it's smart as hell because she uses it like a whip but it's legal. Plus it makes an awesome sound that forced me to react the first time I heard it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm a bit let down by match quality. the CWC and the UK tournament had multiple classic matches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The UK tournament was more consistent but it also had a lot less matches. Plus they had Dunne, Bate, Seven and Andrews who are some of the top talent in the UK.</p><p> </p><p> I'd put the CWC just ahead of the MYC but that's mostly because of Ibushi.</p>

<p>I wonder if they'll sign anybody given how full the women's division is already. Between those on TV already, all of the WWE-signed debutants from the Mae Young Classic (Dakota, Laith, Ripley and Belair) will surely join the ranks now.</p><p> </p><p>

Mia Yim is somebody they need yesterday, I've been on this bandwagon for ages haha. But you can play the waiting game on Tessa Blanchard and Toni Storm, both ladies are very young still and will be served better gaining experience in the promotions they currently frequent. Piper Niven is only 25/26 so there's no harm waiting a couple more years on her too. </p><p> </p><p>

Mercedes Martinez is probably too old and I'm not sure she really showed all that much with her recent injury lay-off and all. Same for Princesa Sugehit, who may get unmasked this weekend at the CMLL Anniversary Show. If she does, speculation over her future will start but again, she's mid 30's and I'm not sure she excelled at the tourney. Her match with Kay Lee Ray was decent but it's impossible to have a stinker with KLR, who will surely get signed at some point in the next two to three years.</p><p> </p><p>

Obviously, they're already going to sign Shayna.</p><p> </p><p>

Jazzy got over with Full Sail. Great look, great brutish charisma but I'm not sure she's got the skills in the ring to back it up. I've heard rumours she's signed but nothing is official yet. If they fine tune her into a decent wrestler, the sky will be the limit for her.</p><p> </p><p>

Anybody I missed? Oh, Candice LeRae. I don't know about her, the timing will have to be right for an endearing, underdog babyface. With Kairi and Dakota, and to a lesser extent Laith, they don't really need Candice and she doesn't need to get lost in the shuffle - she gets plenty of work at the minute.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The UK tournament was more consistent but it also had a lot less matches. Plus they had Dunne, Bate, Seven and Andrews who are some of the top talent in the UK.<p> </p><p> I'd put the CWC just ahead of the MYC but that's mostly because of Ibushi.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not to mention that the UK talent mostly knew each other and had large worked together before. Less so the case in either the CWC or MYC.</p>

<p>Watching the finals atm of the Mae Young classic and I must say Lita's commentary improved gradually and it's actually decent now imo if you compare it to the main shows (which isn't too shabby).</p><p> </p><p>

Match quality might be less good than the UK version but it was good in general. Match lenght was not really high so they couldn't really make a classic. Apart from Baszler, who makes a brilliant heel quite like the UK finalist, the kayfabe card wasn't played at all. In the pre-final tag match, the supposed heels got much better crowd reactions.</p><p> </p><p>

Mercedes impressed me a lot more with her SHIMMER work and though it was definitely not bad, it wasn't stellar. Baszler does need to stop with the fake MMA strikes. It looked stupid.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Watching the finals atm of the Mae Young classic and I must say Lita's commentary improved gradually and it's actually decent now imo if you compare it to the main shows (which isn't too shabby).<p> </p><p> Match quality might be less good than the UK version but it was good in general. Match lenght was not really high so they couldn't really make a classic. Apart from Baszler, who makes a brilliant heel quite like the UK finalist, the kayfabe card wasn't played at all. In the pre-final tag match, the supposed heels got much better crowd reactions.</p><p> </p><p> Mercedes impressed me a lot more with her SHIMMER work and though it was definitely not bad, it wasn't stellar. Baszler does need to stop with the fake MMA strikes. It looked stupid.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yeah, I agree with all of this. </p><p> </p><p> Ultimately, I think the tournament was a success. I could have done without the glad-handing but we know how much they love patting themselves on the back. Hopefully, they make it an annual thing!</p>

<p>Starrcade in Greensboro in November - likely. WWE Nerwork special. Would have preferred Halloween Havoc.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT</p><p> </p><p>

So Paige is coming back, presumably so WWE can promote the movie. What's the over/under on Del Rio saying something that will get her in hot water?</p>