The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The Antonio Brown saga literally just happened. Also, could you imagine if TO had social media for his driveway workout saga that to this day he'll still take shots at McNabb over? There's been plenty of examples of people doing this stuff in every walk of life, and every profession. We're on the surge of a wave that's about to see 2 companies attempt to claim significant market share off the WWE. Enjoy the ride, I only see more of this.

I have no idea who Antonio Brown is, you'll have to enlighten me on this one.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've seen this story before. I know how this story ends.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Different times, though. Vince needs results and so has to give them room to work. Maybe he will and if he does, and they get results, network execs will want them around.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they were given enough rope to make it work this could be good....<p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/06/27/wwe-paul-heyman-monday-night-raw-eric-bischoff-smackdown-live-vince-mcmahon?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_source=reddit.com" rel="external nofollow">https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/06/27/wwe-paul-heyman-monday-night-raw-eric-bischoff-smackdown-live-vince-mcmahon?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_source=reddit.com</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean the idea of Heyman being involved in the creative direction of WWE is beyond exciting. </p><p> </p><p> Bischoff I'm less than fussed about.</p>

Io vs Shayna cage match was great. I didn't read spoilers but it was obvious to me Io would lose and turn heel. The execution was perfect. In retrospect it makes me hate the end of the last Takeover match less. Shayna is overdue for a call-up and they need a replacement. Would be the perfect time to run 2 women's matches at the next Takeover (Shayna vs Mia and Io vs Candice) but I fear it will be some sort of triple threat or fatal fourway.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sheepy" data-cite="sheepy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I mean the idea of Heyman being involved in the creative direction of WWE is beyond exciting. <p> </p><p> Bischoff I'm less than fussed about.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't buy any of this. And I super don't buy they're turning over their cash cow brand to a dude who's been out of the business for almost a decade and hasn't run a successful business since 1997. This is about adding "star power" TV characters to juice their ratings, nothing more.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't buy any of this. And I super don't buy they're turning over their cash cow brand to a dude who's been out of the business for almost a decade and hasn't run a successful business since 1997. This is about adding "star power" TV characters to juice their ratings, nothing more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> they aren't "General mangers" for the brands. They are heading creative behind the scenes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't buy any of this. And I super don't buy they're turning over their cash cow brand to a dude who's been out of the business for almost a decade and hasn't run a successful business since 1997. This is about adding "star power" TV characters to juice their ratings, nothing more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, they is adding some backstage "legitimacy cy" while adding a different mind to the creative process (which still needs to go through Vince). It also keeps the 2 people away from AEW.</p><p> </p><p> In short, I don't think this would have happened without AEW, and Vince isn't just going to use them as on screens immediately as it runs the "legitimacy" .</p><p> </p><p> <strong><em>However,</em></strong> their own creative ideas might be to use themselves on screen. I hope not for a while, at least.</p><p> </p><p> I'd say give it a chance. 3 brands fundamentally led by Heyman, Bischoff and Hunter. There are worse things that could happen.</p>

Watching last week's NXT. Man, I hate interference in cage matches. Defeats the purpose of the cage.

Being able to open the door to escape defeats the purpose of the cage LOL.

In this case the interference worked, IMO, because it just added to Io's frustration.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Finally did cancel my subscription in favor of a Netflix run, and so far I've watched it way more. I considered how I practically never use the database to watch older matches, and just don't want to spend the time on the new PPV's.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To each their own, right? I had Netflix but couldn't justify the content for the price increase. I'm happy with my subscription for now. On the Big 4 alone I find it pays for itself, but I still watch a few things every month. Can't watch the shows on TV, so I get caught up on the PPVs.</p>

9S3Y6zh.jpg

This is dumb. Finn Balor is the IC champ and the first ever Universal champ. Roode a former US champion and one of the best entrances in profession wrestling. Neville is basically the greatest 205 Live wrestler in the history of the company. Sami Zayn is constantly in main event feuds and given loads of time on the mic. Shinsuke is a former US champion and had several World title shots. And again, one of the best entrances in the business. Ricochet is the US champion and is heavily featured on t.v. with a big feud with AJ Styles. Rusev the former multiple time US champion who was one of the most popular wrestlers in the company MORE than once. He was super over during his Rusev crush days and even more so during his Rusev Day days. And Asuka was undefeated for what.. 3 years?

Can we please stop saying every wrestler is buried or misused? There's only so many titles and 100 or so spots.

Loved the Kevin Owens stuff from this week's SmackDown!, that was pretty cool. I was a little confused about the mix tag team match on Raw though. Becky Lynch & Seth Rollins vs. Zelina Vega & Andrade in an ELIMINATION tag team match. Considering that the guys are usually (and I assumed this time as well) supposed to fight the guys, and the girls are usually supposed to fight the girls... wasn't it mathematically impossible for Andrade to win, after Becky Lynch had eliminated Zelina Vega? Had Andrade successfully defeated Seth.. what would have happened then?

Just a little something I had wondered about during that match, is all.

:confused:

Some good stuff on NXT this week. Punished Io with a new entrance theme and clad in leather getting heat from Full Sail. Chinese wrestler Boa impressing on his debut against Myles (ACH). A banger main event title match between Street Profits and Brit-Am Brawlers with a clean finish. Some interesting promos as well.