The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Just finished NXT UK. Much better show this week than last week.

Pretty Deadly looks like they have potential to be a fun team.

Eddie Dennis had one of his better matches. Not really a fan of his based on his goober tastic look, but him and Trent had a fun match. The burning hammer off the announce table through the other table was awesome. Right person won, especially with Eddie getting hurt in the match. It's his third major injury in three years. I don't think I'd put much faith in him going forward if he can't stay healthy.

I don't watch the Saudi shows so I don't care if they stack it with "marquee" filler matches.

Just caught up on the last few NXT UK shows. Pretty average overall which is no surprise doing tapings right after Blackpool. Bate vs A-Kid and Dennis vs Trent were the pick of the matches.

I always worry about Dennis doing power moves that require a lot of leg strength with his lanky frame... but this time he actually separated his shoulder taking a Burning Hammer off the announce table which was more bad luck than anything. All credit to him for finishing the match. He was forced to vacate the Progress Championship which sucks for him.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Shayna “biting” Becky was so freaking stupid.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it's fine as a one-off for shock value. I pray Heyman and Vince don't make it a gimmick.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it's fine as a one-off for shock value. I pray Heyman and Vince don't make it a gimmick.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wasn’t shocking at all. It was corny as hell.</p>

- Strong vs Reed was good. Dream pulling a Samoa Joe but as a babyface is interesting.

- Pete and Matt's Brogus Journey!

- Candice vs Cap Kota was good.

- Gargano vs Grimes was great.

- A manager in WWE with an office that doesn't look like a makeshift backstage partition... is that a first?

- Rush vs Garza was great.

- Bianca not messing around. I wouldn't mind if she won at Takeover. Then they could run a triple threat with Charlotte and put the title back on Rhea. Charlotte wouldn't even have to be pinned.

- Ciampa's fired up.

- Cole vs KUSHIDA was good.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just read a rumor that Jushin Thunder Liger and the Bella Twins are going into the Hall of Fame. The Bellas would be infuriating. They were god awful and did literally nothing to warrant a HoF induction.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll make the argument.</p><p> </p><p> Both Bellas were popular with younger girls. Bringing in more fans into the WWE Universe. They sold merch like crazy. They were in segments that got high ratings. They drove Youtube numbers up. While Bree was awful in the ring, Nikki actually tried. And she had to retire because she put so much work into it that she ruined her back and her neck. They were the gateway from the 'Divas' to the 'Revolution'.</p>

I'm fine with their inclusion, but you can stop right there with their part in the "women's evolution". If anything, it's WWE's merit for coming up with the reality series (which pulled in the little girls).

They were hot tabloid-material, looked good, decent entertainment skills, and indeed tried to make the in-ring part work. And I must say it wasn't horrible to watch, barring Brie's botches.

So have your speech, but please don't mention the evolution, as they are both 100% DIVA. I'm not expecting any amazing road stories, but hey... what did you expect? :p

Just read a rumor that Jushin Thunder Liger and the Bella Twins are going into the Hall of Fame. The Bellas would be infuriating. They were god awful and did literally nothing to warrant a HoF induction.

The HOF has always been a joke anyway. I mean how is Koko B. Ware in there and not King Kong Bundy? One was an over main event heel and the other was midcard cannon fodder.

I never put any stock in their HOF.

Takeover was good. Hated the endings for Tegan/Dakota and Ciampa/Cope though. No one knew who Gonzales was or cared. Gargano’s “heel turn” was lame too.

I enjoyed it as well. I thought the first three matches were really good, aside from as you said the ending of the Nox/Kai match (Just an aside, man is Tegan Nox really good looking.). I don't remember Donovan Dijak being that good in ROH. That match was really good.

The Women's Championship match meant nothing to me because it was clear the title was not going to change hands due to the whole Charlotte thing. Therefore, I just mentally checked out during that match and did not pay attention.

That whole Matt Riddle thing about Bobby Fish was incredibly lame and not remotely funny. Maybe I have to watch the show to understand the joke better but to me it was just horrible and made Matt look lame.

That tag match was just there. I don't know if it is because I am indifferent towards Matt Riddle and not a fan of Pete Dunne and Kyle O'Reilly (I do like Bobby Fish though). Or the match was just not that good, I just had very little interest in it.

The main event was decent, but what annoyed me is there was limited selling. Both Adam and Tommaso would take these really horrible looking bumps and seconds later they would pop back up and go full steam as if nothing had happened to them. I understand that the story was that Tommaso was willing to take those bumps because he wanted Goldie back, but it still was a little ridiculous for my liking.

Then you had the whole Gargano thing which was just meh.

I was once again reminded how annoying I find Mauro Ranallo when he is doing play-by-play. With his lame references, though I have to admit he did allow Beth and Nigel to get in some commentary so that was refreshing. The funny thing was now it is Nigel who is talking over everyone.

One thing that seemed odd is it did not seem there were clear faces and heels, at least in the eyes of the fans. I mean it was pretty clear who was supposed to be what for the most part but the fans were cheering anyone. That kind of took me out of the show as well.

Lee © vs Dijakovic - A fitting finale to their trilogy but it should have ended after the 2nd Spirit Bomb because the last few minutes added nothing of value. **** 1/2

Nox vs Darth Kota - Fantastic promo package to follow up on the emotional Tegan youtube videos. The match was brutal. I'm surprised neither of them got busted open. I'm glad they gave Dakota the win without making Tegan look weak. Probably not the end of the feud but Dakota should be in line for a title shot. **** 1/4

Gargano vs Balor - Slow-build match with top notch psychology. **** 1/2

Bianca vs Ripley © - Weakest match of the show but still really good. I think Bianca should have won to elevate her. Rhea could afford to lose after dominating for months on multiple brands while Bianca keeps coming up short despite never being more popular. Running a triple threat at Mania would have been more interesting than a 2 month build to Rhea vs Charlotte. ****

Undisputed Era © vs Broserweights - Another classic NXT tag title match. **** 1/2

Ciampa vs Cole © - Great match but the Gargano heel turn left me baffled. Balor is due for a title shot but that would be heel vs heel. I suppose they could run Balor vs Ciampa vs Gargano vs Cole in Tampa. **** 1/2

• 2 weeks later...
They always say this business is cyclical but this is ridiculous. Or if you prefer. WWE Then, Now, Forever brings in such a new meaning now. I wonder if in 17 years Lesnar and Goldberg will be champions. Goldberg coming out in a wheelchair to beat a monster that another wrestler practically murdered and still couldn't beat. And Lesnar just killing everyone because he can even at 59 years old.