The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Did WWE just completely drop the Retribution angle? There's barely any time left on Raw and there's been zero mention of it.

Other than lame short matches, Raw was okay-ish.

They announced Roman vs Bray vs Braun for Payback and as cool as Roman's return was, it's dumb that Bray won if he's just going to lose it at Payback.

*Edit* Retribution ended up interfering in the main. I hope they reveal who they are soon. It's reminding me too much of Aces & Eights.

Did WWE just completely drop the Retribution angle? There's barely any time left on Raw and there's been zero mention of it.

Other than lame short matches, Raw was okay-ish.

They announced Roman vs Bray vs Braun for Payback and as cool as Roman's return was, it's dumb that Bray won if he's just going to lose it at Payback.

*Edit* Retribution ended up interfering in the main. I hope they reveal who they are soon. It's reminding me too much of Aces & Eights.

Maybe they interfere at that match at Payback and do the big reveal there? It's kind of funny that they've said whoever is under the hood right now is not actually in the group. Odd, really, but I guess they want to keep it a secret. Any (plausible) fantasy booking ideas as to who fits in the group and who the leader could be?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Since Dynamite is tomorrow I watched NXT tonight. Fairly solid show. <p> </p><p> A shame Kross had to vacate the title. </p><p> </p><p> A 60 minute fatal four way iron man match next week could be fun</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow, that's terrible (Kross vacating)...Hope he doesn't get the Finn treatment after.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Definitely my favourite thing right now about NXT is all the pedos. Great stuff, and great to see another added to their portfolio tonight.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What the heck are you talking about?</p>

Dream is accused of sending inappropriate messages to minors. Not sure who they added to their roster.

I am sure QL loves the Indy scene and British wrestling, as there were reportedly lots of cases there.

Yeah I'd heard of that. I didn't think there were enough cases to indicate that it was endemic to all of indy wrestling. Likewise the accusations to Dream should not tar the reputation of all NXT.

Yeah I'd heard of that. I didn't think there were enough cases to indicate that it was endemic to all of indy wrestling. Likewise the accusations to Dream should not tar the reputation of all NXT.

I don't keep up with that aspect of it for the same reason. I guess the biggest Indy name was Joey Ryan (whoever Candice LaRae was teaming with before NXT), because I saw she had to comment on the allegations.

Devlin was named as well, and I forget who else.

Keith Lee pinned Orton clean! Hopefully they don't drop the ball with Keith. He's something special.

Little bummed he won with the Spirit Bomb instead of the Big Bang Catastrophy though. Maybe cause Big Bang is too similar to the Jackhammer?

I love the spirit bomb, both because of the name and how it looks, but I really hope that isn't his new finisher, because I do love the big bang catastrophe.

Raw was very mediocre. I was hoping they'd go with an upset and have Keith win the main event but instead they went with the most predictable ending with Orton winning. I guess at least boring ass Seth Rollins didn't win.

Also, one of the Retribution guys looks like Dijakovic.

Lesnar left and Reigns is now with Heyman? Sounds good to me, Reigns as a heel with a good manager has the potential to be great. Just giving him the title right away is a bit ... meh. Could've built a great feud against a face (who are their top faces aside of McIntyre anyway?) and then let him win the title at WM.

Is this Reigns' first heel run? I'm not watching much WWE but whenever I saw him he was working as a face. I always thought it'd make much more sense to use him as a heel just to get him over with the fans.

Lesnar left and Reigns is now with Heyman? Sounds good to me, Reigns as a heel with a good manager has the potential to be great. Just giving him the title right away is a bit ... meh. Could've built a great feud against a face (who are their top faces aside of McIntyre anyway?) and then let him win the title at WM.

Is this Reigns' first heel run? I'm not watching much WWE but whenever I saw him he was working as a face. I always thought it'd make much more sense to use him as a heel just to get him over with the fans.

When the Shield debuted they were heels and Roman had been a face ever since then.

<p>The Adam Cole/Finn Bullet Club/Too Sweet moment made me laugh really hard for some reason</p><p> </p><p>

Also, the Panama Sunrise is such a stupid movie. There's literally no reason for him to come off the middle rope. It doesn't add to the illusion of the destroyer being more devastating. Just do a freaking destroyer if you're going to do one. Coming off the middle and stopping movement is dumb.</p><p> </p><p>

The finish of the iron man match was pure garbage. Promising a new champion and not delivering is bad enough, but when Cole can't even turn Finn over in time to make the pin makes it even worse. If Drake would have counted the three at his normal pace they would have messed the whole spot up. I get they're trying to set up a big match for next Tuesday's show, but they could have done that with a short tournament involving the people in the iron man match.</p>

Hoping Balor wins.

I think it is a cool move, even if it does stretch the limits of believability.

No worse than Wyatt's dumbass spider walk - just stomp on the dude!

Or his lights go out then he's in the ring bit. If they are going to do those things, really lean into them. Have the lights go out during the Rumble and as they come on people are going over the top rope. Or MITB...lights go out and when they come on he is at the top holding the briefcase. Sure it's cheap...but the move is goofy enough as it is.

Heard Fiend will be a face. Not sure how with that mask - you can't see any emotion. At least Mankind had the keep going despite the beating character and you could see his facial expressions.

USA wants to move NXT to Tuesdays. Shame it's on USA at all - I really enjoyed the one hour shows when it was just on the Network.

Just got the Network again, have yet to watch one of their "regular" 2 hour shows. Any good place to start?

I'd start with the Great American Bash episodes. They were from July 1st and July 8th. That was their air dates on USA. It's a good jumping on point.

NXT was fairly decent this week. I'm pumped Finn won as I can't stand Adam Cole.

Bronson vs Theory was fun to watch since Reed just manhandled Theory. Looking forward to Bronson and Priest

Killian vs Strong was...there. it wasn't anything special. I'm a huge fan of Roddy, but they was beyond bland

The dinner segments with Candice and Tegan were cringe worthy. The only positive was Tegan's amazing Bull Nakano shirt. If I had the money I'd be picking that up asap

Main event was real good. Rhea and Mercedes work very well together and the Riptide off the top through the table was a great visual.

Finn winning was the only result that made sense, even going into last week. He should do well with it.

I was beyond bored of Finn on the main roster, but he's been killing it since returning to NXT. Seems like it lit a fire under him. He's showing passion that he hasn't shown in years.