The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Sean O'Haire as the Devil's Advocate 18 years ago: I’m Not Telling You Anything You Don’t Already Know

Karrion Kross tonight: I’m Not Telling You Anything You Don’t Already Know

Sean O'Haire is rolling in his grave. Booooo

Doug Furnas in 1988 debuted by tearing the door off the cage. Kane did it in 1997.

Doug Furnas in 1988 debuted by tearing the door off the cage. Kane did it in 1997.

Yeah and Larry Z paid Killer Tim Brooks to take the NWA National title from Orndorff. They even stripped Larry of the title because he bought it instead of winning it.

Anyways, Raw was pretty entertaining for the most part. I really enjoy watching Omos develop. Pairing him with a guy like AJ will do wonders for him. It also helps that Kevin Nash was mentoring him prior to the pandemic. They're booking Omos really well so far.

Lashley and Orton was fun on a bun, but the ending of the show as super dope.

I loved Bob as champ and am sad his reign has come to an end, but Big E is something new and shiny in the title picture so I'm intrigued to see how it goes.

Getting your wish, his deal is up in December according to Fightful Select.

ugh, as an AEW watched I wish Jonnhy the best but hope he doesn't join.

The AEW roster is just about where I want it, and will prob need to absord Kevin Owens because the EVP's love him. We don't need more Upper Midcard guys

Lashley sold his knee so convincingly that dirt sheets thought he was legit injured.

I hope we get New Day vs Bloodline at Survivor Series.

*edit*

Also, I hope at some point we get a rematch between Orton and Lashley. They had a real good match and I'd like to see them get a few more minutes to make something special. I haven't enjoyed Randy since the Legacy era, but the current Randy has been fantastic character wise and he's really become someone that can have good matches with a variety of opponents.

Also also, I'm in the minority, but I am looking forward to the relaunch of NXT tonight. The brand has suffered since the move to two hours and USA Network. Hopefully with a new vision and focus they can start putting on quality shows again. I'm really excited for the supposed youth movement as well. Mostly the Steveson boys, Creed Brothers, and Rex Steiner.

ugh, as an AEW watched I wish Jonnhy the best but hope he doesn't join.

The AEW roster is just about where I want it, and will prob need to absord Kevin Owens because the EVP's love him. We don't need more Upper Midcard guys

The heel turn has been a tragedy, and the stuff he's been doing is goofy and dumb. But from 2016 to the end of 2019 he was the Messi of wrestling. I question if he wants to be that guy again, he also has family on his mind. But if he wants it, Johnny Wrestling is the only worker on Omega and Okada's level. And I'm being kind to Omega, who hasn't been that guy outside of the Bucks tag match eons ago. He's still great, but he's 2nd or 3rd Best Bout Machine these days. Owens I think can talk his way through the crowd and especially if he works heel he could be absolute money.

This is why I was so not thrilled with all the filler guys coming in. Now the real guys like Ricochet and Gable are going to come up, who have been abused and will need to be rehabbed, and they're gonna get marooned in WWE hell because Paul Wight and Mark Henry needed spots. This isn't the end of the potential signings. Are you not signing Io Sharai, Sasha, or Devitt? I'd want all 3. I remember making a list of all the guys I wanted to rescue from the evil empire a while ago and it was a big, big list. Roster bloat is a real issue here. The Forbidden Door concept is going to have to turn into the Frequently Opened Double Dutch Door. IMPACT, NJPW, AAA, hell send ROH free guys, and help them get back in the game... or at the very least buy them out and use them as a developmental brand that they've really been for the past 15 years.

They also have to keep the momentum going. These recent signings have given them the feel of a company on the rise. The more guys they take, the bigger that feeling that the tide has turned becomes. I don't really think they can afford to stop at this point.

That's what I enjoy about wrestling - people can look at the same thing and come away with the complete opposite opinion. Gargano for example. Was he awesome in the ring? Sure. But even during the Ciampa storyline, I felt Ciampa was the star. (Back when Owens and Zayn debuted, Owens was miles ahead of Zayn in "star" level). Back to Gargano, yeah, it's goofy, bit I have enjoyed it. On the other hand, I can understand why Bray has fans, but I was never one of them. I don't watch the weekly shows, but even in the PPV packages, his promos were always Warrior-esque to me. The supernatural stuff just didn't work for me in this era, and certainly not because they half assed it. Let him use those powers to win MITB or the Rumble or something. And yet, everyone seemed to love Bray for some reason.

I'm sorry, they're calling Rick Steiner's kid WHAT?

Strange. I'd heard it was going to be Rex Steiner.

*shrugs*

Interesting choice giving it to Ciampa. Would have preferred LA Knight, but can't complain too much with the choice.

Haven't watched yet, so for those who did - what does the set/presentation look like?

Strange. I'd heard it was going to be Rex Steiner.

*shrugs*

Interesting choice giving it to Ciampa. Would have preferred LA Knight, but can't complain too much with the choice.

Haven't watched yet, so for those who did - what does the set/presentation look like?

Hate to say it, but it kinda looked like something you might see on Nickelodeon to me. NXT had an edge, NXT 2.0 presentation seemed a little too cartoonish for my taste. That said, the in ring action on the show tonight was entertaining for the most part.

Hate to say it, but it kinda looked like something you might see on Nickelodeon to me. NXT had an edge, NXT 2.0 presentation seemed a little too cartoonish for my taste. That said, the in ring action on the show tonight was entertaining for the most part.

Honestly, I'll take that. The last several weeks I have been fast forwarding through matches in the second hour. Hit Row does less than 0 for me, but we'll see where this goes.

They also have to keep the momentum going. These recent signings have given them the feel of a company on the rise. The more guys they take, the bigger that feeling that the tide has turned becomes. I don't really think they can afford to stop at this point.

They have to be careful not to fall into the TEW trap. In my last serious game (TEW16?) I was the number two and when all these great workers are 'available' you want them all, but with only so much TV time you'll shoot yourself in the foot if you share it between them.

Alternatively, the TNA trap is when you sign the past-prime stars who get over your homegrown talent, which is also detrimental imo to your promotion, especially in the long-term. WWE can sign whoever they want and are so cocky they can just cherrypick the workers with the "better attitude" and do whatever.

The Youtube Videos I've seen from WWE make it look very 205 liveish production wise. That is not a good thing to me, but I know some liked that style of shooting matches.

The Youtube Videos I've seen from WWE make it look very 205 liveish production wise. That is not a good thing to me, but I know some liked that style of shooting matches.

Just saw highlights and stills. Arena lighting certainly looks colorful, might take a moment to get used to. But it honestly won't make me watch/not watch based on it.

I feel bad for WWE. Raw was fun on a bun and they had a really low rating again despite the announcement of perennial fan favorite Big E cashing in on one of the most successful heel talents in recent memory. I know Monday Night Football is back, but still, hopefully they don't panic and revert back to garbage going forward.

I really enjoyed the new NXT personally. I hate the new logo and new theme song, but the colors remind me of the "New Generation" era and that's kind of endearing in a way.

Steiner looks like a stud and a complete natural in the ring. Vic dropping the Dog Faced Gremlin mentality line made me pop. I just wish they didn't change his name to the idiotic sounding Bron Breakker. Rex Steiner was a perfect name. It sounded bad ass and paid tribute to his father and uncle. Why are they so selective on which second/third generation talents they acknowledge? Anyway, I genuinely look forward to seeing how he develops.

Marcel and Fabian are so freaking good. Like, top tier tag team in my opinion. Marcel in particular is so underrated. Brooks Jensen is the son of Bull Buchanon and that wasn't acknowledged either. I enjoyed the rookies getting a chance to showcase themselves, but I love the idea of Marcel and Fabian as babyfaces.

I like Hit Row and love Legado. Interested to see where this goes. B-Fab is greener than goose poop though. Great look, but not good at all.

I hate Dexter Lumis and I don't enjoy Gargano/Candice right now, but these wedding segments killed me surprisingly. I found myself laughing quite a bit.

I really dig Carmelo Hayes, but that Trick Williams dude is weird. I know he's a football player, but what was with the attempts at rapping? Especially just minutes after a Hit Row segment? Trick has a good look, but let's see where he goes I guess.

I'm a big fan of Kayden and Kacy, but I love love love Gigi Dolan. Mandy looked so much better in ring than she did the last time I saw her. I have always been a fan because of her charisma and great looks, but she's really improved in ring wise.

Ridge Holland has a killer look, but I just don't care about him squashing Drake.

Tony D'angelo is a total New Generation type character. An Italian stereotype. I'd be shocked if they don't bring back Nunzio :p

Diamond Mine are dope and the Creed Brothers show a crap ton of promise. I've always been a sucker for brother tag teams. Also, Malcom Bivens finally getting promo time is always a good thing. Dude is a great talker. I love Kushida, but I'm kinda hoping Roddy wins the title next week.

Fatal four way was fun, but really short. Von Wagner(Cal Bloom, son of Wayne Bloom/Beau Beverly) looked like a natural too and I actually thought he would win a few times. Ciampa is an interesting choice to be the champ on the relaunched NXT. I'm not mad about it at all as I'm a huge fan.

I agree on most of your points. I think it's smart to put the belt on Ciampa IF he's going to hold it a while. Dude can make most of the young kids they'll be pushing really good. Hopefully they don't just hot shot it off him to one of the young kids. If he holds it a while, the young guy who beats him gets a major boost.

Hit Row does nothing for me though. Like most cases, I can understand why the appeal is there, but to me the act falls flat.

Impeium can really do no wrong. Marcel/Fabian could probably have a good match with a broom. No, I don't want to see that.

On the Brooks Jensen front - I always enjoyed Bull's work. But let's be honest, he was never really taken seriously in WWE. If Jensen distinguishes himself, then bring up the lineage. Otherwise, idiot fans will be like "Oh, he's the son of a jobber. Dude sucks."

Kind of disappointed Knight got squashed early on, and then ate the pin at the end, but it won't stop me from watching.

I can't see Chiampa being booked very strongly, and I can't see him going much beyond the next Takeover with the belt. It's going to be a slow burn over but I expect that show 6mo from now to be a wash of young tall Baron Corbin clones with a few decent talents peppered in, having Miz matches in front of a few hundred people and trying to stay above a few hundred thousand viewers.

Because that's what Vince wants, a pipeline of guys he likes. The HHH trojan horse has failed. And it failed in a glorious way of spurring a brand new company into existence. Nobody should be sad about that. Unless you want WWE to make a big comeback and morph back into its 80s or 90s powerhouse years. But it's been 20 years, that ship sailed and it is never coming back.