The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

In a normal world, which WWE clearly isn't, there was so much to do with EC3. I think what hurt him was he came in when everyone else was coming in, so immediately he gets put in the ladder match for the NA Title, loses that, then I think he lost the next TakeOver...it's like he couldn't even get started there. Then they had Ambrose interrupt the segment on Raw and that was that. And Ambrose to me was just a goofy guy acting crazy/tough. We'll see how it goes. One thing I noticed about Knight is that he has a similar cadence in his promos to The Rock. It comes across as polished - probably part of what makes him come across as a star.

I know we're long since beyond this, but can you imagine if The Undertaker had to cut that promo Finn Balor had to cut on Smackdown.

"My name used to be Mark Callaway, that was before I was killed... after being resurrected by the Paul Bearer's magic urn to be his minion of evil... I was slowly able to break free of the shackles of the destiny he had written for me to be possessed instead by the soul that once inhabited my body... that was when I discovered my love of tattoos and motorcycles, and with the help of my new friend Fred Durst, and the loins of Sara, and my 8 other wives loins, I was able to live the life that I always dreamed of! And I rolled over the WWE Universe!

However, I was unable to resist the call of the demonic forces that lie dormant inside me. And now The Undertaker isn't a part of me that I can control, it comes out of me when the rage inside me becomes more than I can bare..."

Queue hilarious cellphone filter effect.

These writers just print money.

Haven't watched Raw yet, but very excited that Garza and Humberto have formed a tag team. I think Garza is a mega star waiting to happen and Humberto is a fantastic plucky mid card face. I always love when family members team up for some reason. I guess I just like logical pairings? That said, I also love odd couple teams like BookDust, Team Hell No, and RKBro.

Anyway, I don't have Peacock currently, but have they released the Lex Luger episode of Icons yet?

Haven't watched Raw yet, but very excited that Garza and Humberto have formed a tag team. I think Garza is a mega star waiting to happen and Humberto is a fantastic plucky mid card face. I always love when family members team up for some reason. I guess I just like logical pairings? That said, I also love odd couple teams like BookDust, Team Hell No, and RKBro.

Anyway, I don't have Peacock currently, but have they released the Lex Luger episode of Icons yet?

Both Icons, and Icons Revisited only have Yokozuna, Beth Phoenix, and RVD.

Is it me, or has the Extreme Rules go-home show edition of Smackdown not really focused on Extreme Rules all that much?

Not that it will, but it is a PPV that needs to go away. That, TLC, and Hell in a Cell. At least Elimination Chamber serves a purpose. Otherwise, these kinds of matches should be reserved for meaningful feuds.

Really enjoyed NXT this week. B-Fab ab and the Legado girl do nothing for me though.

Really enjoyed Extreme Rules. Sasha and her mannerisms are beyond annoying though. I would say a more serious Alexa is coming, but they tend to make decisions based on merch, so probably not. Otherwise we would have seen a more serious Big E already. Liked his backstage promo, but dude, you're the champ now, you need to separate yourself from the silliness of the New Day. The end of the main event was hokey, but when some face/body paint gives you special powers I can accept it. Cracks are starting to show on his title reign, but not sure when they will pull the trigger on it. And the Usos stole a catchphrase? Didn't even notice. Their constant "yeah Uce" and other slang is beyond annoying so I just tune out whenever they talk.

Finally - it was hilarious to see Hardy botch his finisher, the announcer cover for it brilliantly, and then rather than adjust, they just get up and do the move again. Expected more out of a vet, but was still funny.

Hit Row are a decent promo, but it's still a silly gimmick. And having B-Fab and and Electra Lopez added to the feud with Legado reeks of trying to extend a feud like old shows used to try to breathe new life by having a baby or bringing in a new character (Gazoo in the Flintstones, Scrappy in Scooby Doo).

Really enjoying some of the new characters, even the more gimmicky ones like Tony D'Angelo and Andre Chase. Really interesting to see 2 annoying characters on the show getting pushed differently - Andre Chase will likely lose more than he wins, but Gacy will probably win more than he loses for now.

Intrigued by where MSK goes from here. They are fun, but obviously I haven't been paying attention because I haven't picked up on what their gimmick is. And 2 of the 3 team they are going against next week have well defined gimmicks. Draft is before the show next week, so I wonder if they will get drafted and telegraph that the title change is happening.

Overall a fun show. Didn't fast forward through anything, but B-Fab vs Electra Lopez was a strong candidate for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize Joe Gacy (NXT's hilarious SJW character) was (A) 34 years old and (B) had been in a stable with Moxley and Callihan previously.

Irrespective of their work elsewhere, I think this is the most enjoyable of the 3 characters in WWE - from Moxley's over acted Lunatic Fringe and Callihan's weirdly dressed hacker. Gacy still needs some polish on it, and he won't be winning any world titles with it, but can definitely see the character evolving.

Released today:

Scarlett: “Officially free to work in 30 days!”

Frankie Monet: “TAYA VALKYRIE”

Ember Moon: “All I can do is laugh…”

Oney Lorcan

B-FAB

Trey Baxter

Katrina Cortez

Jeet Rama

Gran Metalik

Karrion Kross

Lince Dorado