The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

19 hours ago, parkereddy said:

If there was any question on whether the Bloodline story had jumped the shark, that was answered in Saudi Arabia. 

What started out as a decent, higher-than-normal paced Roman title defense fell totally flat when they did the same. exact. ending. 

Again. 

Yep, IMO Reigns vs LA Knight was a little disappointing.

I mean even though I've been thinking for a while that Cody will dethrone Reigns at the Rumble with The Rock involved, it's hard to see how over LA Knight is and not to think that the best option now is to give him the belt and strap a rocket on his back. 

It all seems that Roman can't even win clean anymore, and its very tiresome. The thing is we all know he is capable of winning alone, but the continuing trend is, babyface gets good run, Roman does Roman things, babyface gets close to win, Solo and Jimmy prove the difference, babyface loses, status quo remains.

Its maddening and all kinda ruins the flow. What really needs to happen is the collapse of the Bloodline where its just Roman and Paul Heyman. When that happens, nobody will ever beat Roman for his belt.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:26 PM, FellaLibby said:

It all seems that Roman can't even win clean anymore, and its very tiresome. The thing is we all know he is capable of winning alone, but the continuing trend is, babyface gets good run, Roman does Roman things, babyface gets close to win, Solo and Jimmy prove the difference, babyface loses, status quo remains.

Its maddening and all kinda ruins the flow. What really needs to happen is the collapse of the Bloodline where its just Roman and Paul Heyman. When that happens, nobody will ever beat Roman for his belt.

Guessing you mean "Until that happens..." - Maybe whoever is set to face Roman at Wrestlemania (PLEASE don't let it be The Rock!) has to go through Solo and Jimmy in individual matches in the weeks before WM where if they lose, they are banned from ringside. Truly a 1 on 1 match. If you want The Rock involved, have him stop Jimmy and Solo from interfering, then do whatever you want between The Rock and Roman.

14 hours ago, CQI13 said:

Guessing you mean "Until that happens..." - Maybe whoever is set to face Roman at Wrestlemania (PLEASE don't let it be The Rock!) has to go through Solo and Jimmy in individual matches in the weeks before WM where if they lose, they are banned from ringside. Truly a 1 on 1 match. If you want The Rock involved, have him stop Jimmy and Solo from interfering, then do whatever you want between The Rock and Roman.

IMO Rocky can just show up and have Jimmy and Solo recognize him (or acknowledge him if you prefer lol) as someone not to mess with and defile themselves a bit. 

Edited by Wrestling Machine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Raw for the first time in a few weeks and it looks like Nia Jax has lost a significant amount of weight since I last seen her. Not a bad match between her and Raquel either. Better than I expected considering Nia was involved. 

Miz vs Gunther is such a weird, but intriguing match up. This could really establish Miz as a face and I don't think Gunther would lose anything by losing to someone like the Miz either. 

Edited by Jaysin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Watching Raw for the first time in a few weeks and it looks like Nia Jax has lost a significant amount of weight since I last seen her. Not a bad match between her and Raquel either. Better than I expected considering Nia was involved. 

Miz vs Gunther is such a weird, but intriguing match up. This could really establish Miz as a face and I don't think Gunther would lose anything by losing to someone like the Miz either. 

The Miz/Guther promo did a really good job of trying to get people to cheer for Miz. Shows off Gunther's excellent bully charisma. He's great at pushing people around. Gunther will 100% win I have no doubt. Seems like Ludvig may be his next challenger in my opinion.

• Like 2

Honestly, this is quite unprecedented in my opinion. While people would like to say that The Bucks, Elite, Cody, what have you was the driving force for alternative in western wrestling. To me, it was Punk who was the driving force. His Pipebomb, the peek behind the curtain, the cry for an emphasis on wrestling rather than angles and sports entertainment, he was the strong driving force for that alternative. Sure, the Elite finalized it, and it formed into AEW, but Punk was the real initial force. And him leaving how he did, when he did, and how public it was just drove that dagger even more. Especially when time after time we heard how many times Punk hated WWE and would never go back no matter what, this truly proves "Never say never". And impossibility is just not real in wrestling. All time heals everything it seems. 

• Like 4

Ya know, I popped a lot last night for what was from an in ring stand point, a very mid show. The returns though got me big time. Truth, Orton, and Punk were all delightful. I guess I expect more from a Big Four show, especially with War Games involved. I'm not saying anything was outright bad, but other than Io's trash can spot off the top of the cage and Randy being jacked af, I don't remember much from the matches themselves. 

Miz vs Gunther was a major disappointment imo. Same with Dragon Lee vs Santos. Both matches on paper should have been good-to-great and they were just...there. 

My partner watched with me and she's not a wrestling fan really, but she really liked the women's War Games match, especially DMGCTRL and Charlotte Flair. 

For me, the Women’s War Games was the worst thing on the show. Felt very sloppy. Gunther v Miz was my favorite match, that near fall Miz had off the low blow got me. Santos v Lee was ok, Zoey v Rhea was forgettable. Zoey had no chance going in and had no fans on her side so it was weird that she was chosen as the opponent. The men’s war games was average for me. Nothing special, the things I remember most are Balors shiny towel, a sloppy 3d from Jey and Sami, and Orton and Jeys interaction. Thought the show was below average overall but it is really how you leave them and the Punk return really blew the lid off things. If someone were to watch it a year from now it would probably be rated lower than it is now.

side note: I got a pet peeve with the war games matches just being a cage match where weapons get brought in. First of I think it needs a ceiling. Why wouldn’t a heel just exit the ring if not? Nothing happens if they forfeit. Also I find it bizarre that WWE says no to blood cause it’s “self mutilation”, but they allow people to actually be hit with weapons where you see welts and sore on the people’s bodies. Makes no sense to me. Blading seems safer than half the stuff people are doing these days.

Personally I liked/loved all the matches on the show when it came to the workrate, but I had a major issue with the women's match that I thought DCTRL needed the win a lot more, they looked dominant like the men's faces team did at the end of their match; only difference was, the women's faces team supergirl'd their way back. Just a deflating ending considering my expectations, to what would have been my MOTN.

Another pet peeve of mine with WWE WarGames is that I kind of wish they went back to the old submissions only stip. Would make the match feel a lot more brutal even if they just venture into the most safe submissions possible.

Edited by Dawn

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

Personally I liked/loved all the matches on the show when it came to the workrate, but I had a major issue with the women's match that I thought DCTRL needed the win a lot more, they looked dominant like the men's faces team did at the end of their match; only difference was, the women's faces team supergirl'd their way back. Just a deflating ending considering my expectations, to what would have been my MOTN.

Another pet peeve of mine with WWE WarGames is that I kind of wish they went back to the old submissions only stip. Would make the match feel a lot more brutal even if they just venture into the most safe submissions possible.

Oh the pins were also a pet peeve of mine.