The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I thought thats what they were supposed to do anyway asides from the one liner, thats why I have been pretty dissapointed with most of the recent ones but thought Carl Edwards did a good job.

BTW, any one think The Rock will do this at some point to promote a movie? (if he has already sorry but Ive only been watching RAW again for the past month or so)

I thought thats what they were supposed to do anyway asides from the one liner, thats why I have been pretty dissapointed with most of the recent ones but thought Carl Edwards did a good job.

BTW, any one think The Rock will do this at some point to promote a movie? (if he has already sorry but Ive only been watching RAW again for the past month or so)

He has talked about wanting to do something this summer. He was also going to be a host sometime last month, but then had to go to Mexico to promote his movie.

Don't assume that poll is to replace Survivor Series. They still don't have pay-per-views scheduled for July, so that's likely their first priority, and Backlash and The Bash both need to be replaced with theme events. So we're probably to see two or three of these put in use.

A Money In The Bank event should replace Backlash. It's close enough to Wrestlemania that they can still use the stipulation that you can cash it in at any point up to and including the next Wrestlemania. I was less than impressed when I first saw that as an option, but the fact that they would hold qualifying matches throughout the show makes it viable.

I'd like to see a Tournament event (King Of The Ring) in June or July, ideally with the winner getting a title shot at Summerslam.

I'll pass on War Games. If there's one thing in this world I absolutely never want to see, it's the WWE booking a PG rated War Games match. That would be a nightmare. And if you put it in November after HIAC, that's two cage events in two months. Roulette and the Draft make good Raw specials, but not anything that people will pay for. Legends? Battle Bowl? Please. I guess that leaves a Street Fight event as the only viable option.

True, but, if he uses Bryan Danielson, doesn't that mean WWE own the rights to the name? Not sure, though. Do they now own the CM Punk name?

No. And no. You can't own the rights to a name if it's A)their real name or b) a name they used before going to the WWE (unless the wrestler were dumb enough to signa contract that specifically turns those rights over).

CM Punk got in just before they made it official policy to always own the rights of the names plus Heyman went to bat strongly for him to keep it.

Actually under B some wrestlers do this but then they get a percentage or something like that AJ and Joe have something like this with TNA and they tried it with Daniels but couldn't come to an agreement hence why he is just plain Daniels now as they could "trademark" that.

Anyone else a little disappointed with the pops that Bret is getting? I was expecting bigger, but it looks like Cena is getting bigger pops than Bret.

I don't think they draw the historically knowledgeable crowd anymore. Most of us stay home.

Edit: It's also been A LONG TIME since Bret was relevant in the WWF. A lot of his WCW work is foreign to people and even the fans of WCW aren't really watching that much anymore. So for all practical purposes, it's been 12 years since he's been overly relevant. As much as the fans of the 90s loved him, we have to realize that time is long gone. It would be like Harley Race returning to WCW in like 2000.

Saw some bits and pieces of Smackdown in between commercial breaks of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Which, BTW, were impressive but too high concept to be entertaining to literal sensibilities. There's just one thing I want to know. Considering I drift in and out of Smackdown most of the time and I have no consistent contact with the indies any more, is there any reason I should have a clue who that woman Punk and Gallows last night was? I have the feeling I'll probably recognize her name in passing once someone mentions it. But I also imagine that's probably the best context I can hope for.

Reported by: Ryan Clark

» I can now confirm that 'Daniel Bryan' will indeed be Bryan Danielson's new WWE ring name. That was not a mistake at the FCW tapings last night. FCW ring announcer Savannah noted the following during his ring entrance: "Coming down to the ring, from Aberdeen Washington, DANIEL BRYAN!!!!" Who the hell came up with that genius idea?!?! Maybe next they'll throw him on the WWE 'NXT' reality show!

what a horrible choice, should have let him keep Bryan Danielson

Tiffany is a horrible choice for a GM, from what I've seen on youtube Abraham Washington would have been much better.

personally Abraham Washington has grown on me , i watched him in FCW and thought he did a great job as GM should have had him as GM.

Saw some bits and pieces of Smackdown in between commercial breaks of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Which, BTW, were impressive but too high concept to be entertaining to literal sensibilities. There's just one thing I want to know. Considering I drift in and out of Smackdown most of the time and I have no consistent contact with the indies any more, is there any reason I should have a clue who that woman Punk and Gallows last night was? I have the feeling I'll probably recognize her name in passing once someone mentions it. But I also imagine that's probably the best context I can hope for.

Not sure what you mean by "any reason I should have a clue"; she wasn't part of WWE prior to this if that's what you're asking. If you're asking if you should recognize her for her indy work, she was Serena Deeb in SHIMMER.

Not sure what you mean by "any reason I should have a clue"; she wasn't part of WWE prior to this if that's what you're asking. If you're asking if you should recognize her for her indy work, she was Serena Deeb in SHIMMER.

This is how people may know Serena

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww143/Independents-2009/Serena%20Deeb/104818-R2-02-23.jpg

In other words, no. Considering I only flit in out of Smackdown and don't have any real indy contact, I shouldn't have any clue who she is.

But yes, I was right to expect I'd know her full name in passing.

Reported by: Ryan Clark

» I can now confirm that 'Daniel Bryan' will indeed be Bryan Danielson's new WWE ring name. That was not a mistake at the FCW tapings last night. FCW ring announcer Savannah noted the following during his ring entrance: "Coming down to the ring, from Aberdeen Washington, DANIEL BRYAN!!!!" Who the hell came up with that genius idea?!?! Maybe next they'll throw him on the WWE 'NXT' reality show!

what a horrible choice, should have let him keep Bryan Danielson

WWE wants to own the names of the wrestlers and I can't blame them for that. Though they could have come up with a name that rolls of the tung better. He is going to need some kind of nick name. Daniel "The ________" Bryan.