The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

They actually let Bryan last longer than a minute and a half?!

*GASP*

Against Batista, no less. :eek:

Dammit, I missed the Edge segment. But I like this thing they have going on with DiBiase/Morrison/R-Truth. Hopefully it leads to somewhere good and fruitful. Either DiBiase recruits someone else to battle Morrison/Truth or he recruits one of the two by beating them, entrailing a potentially worthy angle.

Great segment. Really good show. Brady taking the RKO and then Orton stalking Edge around the ring was EXACTLY how Orton need to be portrayed to keep his character over while working as a face.

Yeah, I really like the fact that they didn't turn Orton into a pandering face, or really change him at all. Pretty much the only thing that's changed is who he's fighting, which is exactly how they should be handling face Orton.

Totally off topic, but I was perusing some of my older DVDs and I started thinking about how much i missed Angle in the E

Isn't it about time he call off this whole TNA thing. Go back to Vince, work a couple more years as a special event MOTY attraction ala HBK and UT and get a 4 disc set released sometime in the next few years.

Totally off topic, but I was perusing some of my older DVDs and I started thinking about how much i missed Angle in the E

Isn't it about time he call off this whole TNA thing. Go back to Vince, work a couple more years as a special event MOTY attraction ala HBK and UT and get a 4 disc set released sometime in the next few years.

is angle really on the level of taker or hbk? Don't get me wrong but is angle a reason to order a ppv?

is angle really on the level of taker or hbk? Don't get me wrong but is angle a reason to order a ppv?

Angle is on that level. Pretty much evrything the guy has done has been entertaining. Hell he even made that invitational thing good. He is second to none in the ring. I would love to see him have a program with Edge now, or somebody like Miz.

He's not going back yet because he has to get his life a bit more straight first. Plus, he's getting a boatload of money for doing less work.

And two, I'm not sure Vince want's to give Angle a reduced schedule. I'm not saying Vince doesn't want him back... just not give a reduced schedule.

I am assuming angle is clean now....or more so then when he was in the wwe? If he is not then there is no way the wwe would ever bring him back post benoit....Just think of the pr nightmare if something happend to angle while he was on there roster. Wrestling still has not recovered from what happend.......a second one would hurt them even more.

He was.. well, not a train-wreck in the WWE, but he wasn't good either. Just looking at him now, you can see how TNA has done the world of good to him. He looks sleeker, he's more agile and versatile in the ring overall. It's like he kinda needed this, but indeed I immensely miss him in the WWE too. In my fantasy world, I'd have him back there in a heartbeat and work a limited schedule.

Just watched Raw: great show. Obviously cherry-picking some of the best guys in the company will do that for you.

Thoughts, in no particular order:

-Daniel Bryan may never be a world champ, but he could definitely be a long-time worker for WWE based on the performance he got out of Batista. That was a really solid TV match. Featuring Batista!

-good to see John Morrison will continue to be on TV. That guy's awesome and needs to be in a title picture or doing something of note. He just looks like he should be a champ at all times.

-Maryse is still really green in the ring but she's very good at playing her role. She's just a great heel.

-I don't watch NXT, but I'm not sold on Barrett based on his match with Cena. The best part of the match was Jericho shouting things like "TALK MORE" at King/Cole.

-Miz and Jericho seems like a no-brainer. I'd take the US belt off Miz though as Morrison or Bourne or one of those guys could use it more right now.

Mostly though that ending was spectacular. Edge is so much more in his element at playing the neurotic crazy heel, and his promo on Orton was some of his best work ever. From a writing perspective, I loved how Edge kept changing tactics to try to protect himself before Orton's silence drove him to be honest. At first he said he speared Orton just to make a statement, then tried to bargain with Orton to re-form Rated RKO, but finally he had to admit that he was jealous of Orton's success in light of his own failures. Just a phenomenal job by Edge, who I've always been a mark for, getting back into his groove. I think the face turn could have worked given more time, but Edge has been a heel for so much longer at the top and is definitely more comfortable in that situation.

Great job by Orton, too. He's done pretty much the textbook definition of the soft babyface turn, keeping the same mannerisms and gimmick. It's great to see a bad-ass, anti-hero babyface that is so much based on the fans cheering for him. I still say down the line he's the one that should turn Cena heel. Orton could RKO Cena next week and get cheered for it.

It's so rare that shows are better AFTER Wrestlemania.. am I the only that thinks TNA got Vince's spark high enough for him to begin make slight changes to make a better product? If TNA wanted a serious ass-whooping in terms of ratings... they got it...