The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

After thinking about who the "mastermind" could be if there is one Matt Hardy, after all the strange tweets this could have been what he was talking about. Also his feud with McIntrye gives him a beef with Vince because of being suspended. This leads him to attack McIntrye on Smackdown last week which he then instructs the NXT guys that they would end up like him if they didn't do something about it which leads to the attack on Raw.

Just a thought :)

Masterminds need reasons, someone said. Well, like a good Bond villain, either they hate James or want WORLD DOMINATION! *cue evil laugh* HAHAHAHAHAAAA!

So, let's review the guys who've been batted around by us:

Matt Hardy - well-reasoned out above.

Likelihood - Low. I don't think WWE HQ values him that much. I hate it, but he's also not got enough star-power to do it.

William Regal - Why?

Likelihood - Very Low. He has no reason. He wasn't even the most active Pro on NXT Season 1.

Vince/Steph McMahon - No reason to do so.

Likelihood - Low to Medium. The WWE Universe will always react to a McMahon; the Attitude Era pop for them still exists. I think it'd rob the whole thing of heat, like lazorbeak said.

J.R. - Why?

Likelihood - Very Low. I think it's completely out of character. It's too big of a jump. Who'd buy a rascal version of J.R.? It would put the whole thing into the negative area - people would cheer for J.R. The whole momentum would die.

Michael Cole - Obvious

Likelihood - Very High. Might make him or break him in the eyes of the WWE Universe, along with the rookies. Is the payoff worth the risk?

Joey Styles - My reasoning is this: Joey'd use the rookie group to confront Vince and the WWE, blaming Vince/WWE HQ for not only killing ECW just to replace it with a demeaning game show, but also for relegating Joey's own talent to a desk job. When Joey talks to the Season One rookies about how humiliated they all felt, whether it was being demeaned or underestimated, he reminds them of ECW's past, and how it was all sacrificed for the vision of a "reality game show." Joey promises to show them how to make an impact in return for his own little war being waged against the powers that be.

Likelihood - Low. It would/could be a phenomenal angle, but might have the INVASION taint all over it. Also, new fans might not know of Joey Styles. This might be too rough of a path to tread.

NXT Rookies - See Joey Styles reasoning above, remove the ECW ideas, and reinforce groupthink in regards to the humiliation. If you need an instigator, the underestimated, ungrateful Wade Barrett is the only logical choice for leader. **Heh, heh... imagine "Bryan Danielson" as his enforcer. Ninja-like retaliations, hardcore beatdowns, etc.

Likelihood - Very High. The only problem I foresee is that it might be too subtle for the more... traditional or ***let's face it*** lower-IQ casual fans out there.

----------------------------------

In summation, the WHOLE thing is a risk being taken by WWE. I think the reasoning behind the attack is the next landmine they have to defuse to keep this angle from being blown apart by a bomb called WrestleCrap (credit: RD Reynolds).

My guess work be a work. Given that the NXT deal looks major, I don't know why they would let him go at this point legit. Even if he asked for his release, the timing would be terrible for them to allow it.

I expect to see the rest of NXT 1 to be "released" before long, save for Barrett. They probabably started with "Daniel Bryan" as it would get the IWC buzzing.

I can't believe anyone would think it was legit. The last moment of Danielson in WWE is him yelling "you are not better than me!" at Cena and kicking his head in... just to be released? No. WWE is just going more reality-based and I think it's pretty cool. They've actually grabbed my attention and I'm interested.

I think its cool how they added it to their site all nonchalant. They know throughout the next three days everyone will read it and come RAW we'll see Bryan Danielson. Shock TV! :eek:;)

heres an update

The word within WWE is that the firing of Bryan Danielson is a legit firing. All of the higher ups within WWE were informed of the firing before the item was posted on WWE.com. While the timing of the release is interesting, working Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson on a wrestling angle is hard to believe. This appears legit and he's gone.

Danielson posted the following on his Twitter last night… Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring.

i hope its all a work but i like the idea of his final words in WWE being "your not better than me!" to john cena

On the other hand, this angle wouldn't be NEARLY as interesting to me without Bryan Danielson involved. The idea of WWE pushing two of the greatest ROH alumni to great heights in their company appeals to me that much.