The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Anybody who thinks season 3 of NXT has any redeeming qualities beyond the fact that the competitors are easy on the eyes is mental. Its just soooooo crap it annoys me that I actually sat there with this look on my face (:mad:) for the duration of the show and after it finished it turned to this (:eek:) for about 2 hours..........How can you justify this ass gravy.

I've thought NXT was crap since season 1. I called it LST for a while back then, more recently I've taken to calling it SHT.

:eek:

I really hate those kind of stipulations. They just... It's not tangible to me. How can you enforce it?

I know what you mean, it's odd. Highlight to read below;

Do you see a Cena heel turn anytime soon? I know he's the top money maker etc but I think putting the belt on Orton speaks volumes. Orton is getting great reactions and is over bigtime at the minute. Would turning Cena heel for a while really be out of the question? It would be a huge moment having the top face turn but eventually he'd turn again and that would be another huge moment.

Really, I don't know. I'd like them to turn him but things are pretty heel-heavy at the minute.

You sign a contract? With massive penalties in the event of breach? How is it any harder to believe than literally any other thing that happens in wrestling?

You can cut a man's hair. You can take a man's mask. You can force a man to whip it out in front of his grandparents. How do you change a man's ideology? That's what a stable is to me. A group of people who share a similar viewpoint on life and have banded together because of it. You can't force a man to change who he is on the inside.

That's my view on it anyway. I guess they just mean "Has to accompany Barrett to ringside" or "Has to wear the t-shirt every week" or be fired. Those things are tangible to me. "Join Nexus" is not.

That's my view on it anyway. I guess they just mean "Has to accompany Barrett to ringside" or "Has to wear the t-shirt every week" or be fired. Those things are tangible to me. "Join Nexus" is not.

Joining Nexus means following orders, for one thing. I mean, if you're "part of Nexus" you better be in whatever beatdown they're doing.

You can cut a man's hair. You can take a man's mask. You can force a man to whip it out in front of his grandparents. How do you change a man's ideology? That's what a stable is to me. A group of people who share a similar viewpoint on life and have banded together because of it. You can't force a man to change who he is on the inside.

It's wrestling. You're thinking waaay too much

It's wrestling. You're thinking waaay too much

/nod... But think about the Benoit/Booker T thing, where Booker had Benoit fight all his battles. Or even JBL with Shawn Michaels.

Old storyline put into effect with a group instead of one man, and I'm sure this is a rehash as well, just can't remember when I seen it.

The thing is.... Cena is going to join Nexus, and become a bad guy so to speak. Something some people (me included) have been wanting to see for a while...

My only problem is that he "HAS" to do it, so he is not truly turning, just being manipulated. However, I LIKE IT, lol.

It'd be interesting if they went the way of the LWO and Rey Mysterio. Where Rey lost to Eddy and was forced to join the stable, then at the end Rey ended up taking some sort of pride in wearing the shirt and refused to take it off

Highlight above for my thoughts on the spoiler...

I've thought NXT was crap since season 1. I called it LST for a while back then, more recently I've taken to calling it SHT.

:eek:

Upon further consideration, I've decided that I was a little harsh in this post, and tbh I feel kind of badly about it. In truth, while I'm not especially fond of NXT as a show, I do like the original concept, and think it would have been pretty cool if the 'Pros' were actually teaching the 'Rookies" things, and if the rookies were being eliminated through losses in the ring and whatnot, and of course, if I had the confidence that not everyone ever seen on the show was going to end up 'signed' anyway, (so that the guy winning actually had achieved something), etc.

:o

Upon further consideration, I've decided that I was a little harsh in this post, and tbh I feel kind of badly about it. In truth, while I'm not especially fond of NXT as a show, I do like the original concept, and think it would have been pretty cool if the 'Pros' were actually teaching the 'Rookies" things, and if the rookies were being eliminated through losses in the ring and whatnot, and of course, if I had the confidence that not everyone ever seen on the show was going to end up 'signed' anyway, (so that the guy winning actually had achieved something), etc.

:o

Exactly my thoughts too. If the show was more along these lines I'd most likely follow it every week. I'd rather them gain immunity threw winning matches than winning "contests".

RAW: 2.8 rating according to PWI. Ouch.

The night after a PPV, and they get millions of viewers. :eek:

Exactly my thoughts too. If the show was more along these lines I'd most likely follow it every week. I'd rather them gain immunity threw winning matches than winning "contests".

/nod. That does bug me, as it seemed like they would go that way to start with, but now... Figure they will all be signed.

The only thing is, I don't see them signing all these "diva's", but one seemed to be able to wrestle tonight (and I had not felt I would see that).

More on Monday Night Raw Ratings

Source: PWTorch.com

Last night's WWE Raw scored a 2.80 rating and averaged 3.93 million viewers on "fall season premiere Monday."

Comparably, Raw scored a 3.45 rating and 5.01 million viewers last year on fall premiere Monday. In 2008, Raw scored a 3.10 rating and 4.74 million viewers on fall premiere Monday.

The rating was the first time below the 3.00 level since November 17, 2008. Average viewership was below 4.00 million viewers for the first time since Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve 2007.

Looking at the demographic numbers for last night's Raw, the show was down 17.0 percent among adults 18-49 compared to the third quarter 2010 average. Raw was also down 13.0 percent among males 18-49 vs. third quarter 2010.

On a week-to-week basis, Raw was down in five out of six key demographics. The only demographic where Raw increased was among males 18-49 with a 2.29 rating vs. 2.28 last week.

The biggest drop was among younger males 12-17 - down to a 2.49 rating compared to a 3.24 rating last week. The m12-17 rating was the lowest since July 5.

Three weeks ago on the August 30 Raw, WWE had one of their best weeks of the summer across the board. The following is a comparison of the six key demographic ratings for last night's Raw (Sept. 20) vs. last week (Sept. 13) and Aug. 30.

-- A18-34: down 8.8% vs. LW; down 20.3% vs. 8/30

-- A18-49: down 3.5% vs. LW; down 21.7% vs. 8/30

-- M18-34: down 7.3% vs. LW; down 22.3% vs. 8/30

-- M18-49: up 0.4% vs. LW; down 19.7% vs. 8/30

-- M12-34: down 13.8% vs. LW; down 15.8% vs. 8/30

-- M12-17: down 23.2% vs. LW; down 31.4% vs. 8/30

=====

I wonder how much they lost with that.

======

Chris Jericho News

According to Bryan Alvarez, WWE does have a tentative idea in regards to a Chris Jericho match at Wrestlemania 27.

Fozzy's European tour starts in two weeks and ends the final week of October, so it's believed he'll be gone until November at the earliest.

OH MY GOD NXT WAS AWESOME! Just got done watching the train wreck... CM Punk made it even better, saying all the stuff that I've been saying for weeks. Hilarious.

The Cole Miners got their fave back on the show.

How fitting was the spear for Kaitlyn. Perfect move for her. Let's hope she doesn't kick a seizure into a diva in the near future. I'll be fearful if they gave her a super kick in her arsenal considering she's only had six weeks of training before NXT and got the second highest applause in the second competition.

RAW: 2.8 rating according to PWI. Ouch.

You seriously are ridiculous. You want to praise TNA everytime they get above a 1.0 and then now WWE pulls under a 3.0 and its time to gloat? Also you treat the TNA threat like your own personal "Ask Hyde" thread, thinking you must reply and correct everybody comments/thoughts on TNA.

We get it. You like TNA over WWE. Jesus...