The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Wasn't his old WCW entrance like that? Dark with the lightning strobe effect? So it looked all dark and stormy?

Yes it was exactly like that, the trenchcoat sealed the deal for me. I've always said just the vignettes alone for a Taker vs Sting match would be awesome. Hopefully they will be, looks like a job for James Earl Jones.

thought you was getting offline....

We could be talking about how to book Sting into the WWE right now....

Haha, I got a PM about Mistico signing and had a mark out moment :o I'll jump back on in an hour if you're still up I got the date of when I'm getting those presents from DM..... WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! A lil excited :D

I fear that if they sign Sting they will just job him out to Taker at Mania

Depends. If he asks and expects the type of contract he wanted years back it probably will go down like that. What else can you do with a guy that wanta a Taker type contract but hasn't proved himself in the company. I like Sting (alot always have) but he needs to lower his expectations and realise all of that success he's had means very little inside the WWE bubble. If he can swallow his pride, work hard and commit to a long term deal where he's on the road the sky's the limit imo.

Depends. If he asks and expects the type of contract he wanted years back it probably will go down like that. What else can you do with a guy that wanta a Taker type contract but hasn't proved himself in the company. I like Sting (alot always have) but he needs to lower his expectations and realise all of that success he's had means very little inside the WWE bubble. If he can swallow his pride, work hard and commit to a long term deal where he's on the road the sky's the limit imo.

Your right, but Sting has more draw power than AJ but I get your point:).

WWE will probaly screw us and it will be Kong :o

Would love it to be Sting, but I dunno. Theres ALOT of money to be made in a Sting/Taker at WM, like a ridic amount. But what are the odds Stings gets jobbed out in his first WM apperance? Pretty low. I wouldnt mind seeing a Sting/Miz match, but that puts the kabosh on the impending Cena/Miz title match.

Knowing the WWE it'll end up being Trips, Taker (which I heavly doubt) or Tyler Black

Would love it to be Sting, but I dunno. Theres ALOT of money to be made in a Sting/Taker at WM, like a ridic amount. But what are the odds Stings gets jobbed out in his first WM apperance? Pretty low.

Shawn Michaels lost two years in a row to Taker at Mania, it didn't exactly hurt his status as a legend or anything. Losing to Taker at Mania is not exactly being jobbed out is my point. In fact there's an argument to make that it's more of a push, factoring in of course how the loss takes place.

I can see them booking it as Sting pushing Taker further than anyone in history has, including Michaels. If there's one time where WWE seems to get the booking spot on it's Mania, hopefully they do it right.

What kind of pop will Sting get? He's never been in the WWF before (as we all know).

Again depends on how they debut him. Jericho's WWF debut is still talked about as being one of the greatest of all time. He was hardly known to alot of WWF fans and to the ones who knew him had seen him being jobbed out weekly on Nitro. If WWE remind old viewers and introduce new ones to Sting well I'd say he'll get a huge pop. WWE fans for the large part pop at what they're made to pop at, the company has been doing it well for 20+ years now. If Vince wants Sting's debut to be a big deal, they'll debut him in WCW territory and he'll pop the roof off. One big question no one's asked yet is how or if they'll handle the whole coming down from the rafters deal. I really hope this doesn't sound disrespectful to Owen but I would love to see him up there one more time.

I for one do not see any upside for Sting going there.

Well there's $, then there's $.... oh and more $ :p I know what you mean as a Sting fan but I feel the opposite. We all know he's very careful of how his character is used and the WWE seem to need him more than he needs them for the first time in well ever I think.

Shawn Michaels lost two years in a row to Taker at Mania, it didn't exactly hurt his status as a legend or anything. Losing to Taker at Mania is not exactly being jobbed out is my point. In fact there's an argument to make that it's more of a push, factoring in of course how the loss takes place.

I can see them booking it as Sting pushing Taker further than anyone in history has, including Michaels. If there's one time where WWE seems to get the booking spot on it's Mania, hopefully they do it right.

That is true by now most would know that Taker would win. Its more about the match anyways than who wins or losses these days.

I would be disappointed if its anyone but Sting that shows.

I can understand that sentiment... the only National-level star that has never been to the WWE. Ever.

Still, think about it... the Ultimate Warrior was in the WWE while Sting headed to WCW eventually. What happened if the situation was switched? Sting would have been a champion for a long time in WWF... ah... the what-if's....

Sting's not going to go to the WWE for money... he might go there for last shot, at Wrestlemania. Even a guy like Sting has to be attracted to that.

I don't know why you say that considering none of the contract details (if there is a contract) have been made known. If he isn't motivated by money why has he continued to squeeze 500k a year from a company that's been bleeding money for years. I'm not saying it's all about the money but to say it doesn't play at least a part I think is naive.

I know he's said openly on a few occasions he'd love to do a Mania before he retires but I don't think a place on the card alone would do it.