The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

They wouldn't say WWE fans can vote and then screw them.

Why wouldn't they? There is no system of accountability here - the WWE can say its the fans picking and do whatever they please. The fans honestly don't have that much say in how things work anyway. If they did, Zach Ryder would get on TV when the WWE does a 3-hour show in his hometown.

Anyone else got a feeling Punk will be gone at the next PPV?

His contract ending soon, it looking like he isn't re-signing, the next PPV being in Illinois. To me it all seems to perfectly set up for him to go out at MiTB.

And as well someone posted a screenshot of a wikipedia page on another site stating the main event as Punk vs Cena career vs title. And in the world of spoilers we live in it could have been a legitimate leak.

Or the rumors of Punk leaving could he false and Punk wins. (Or he wins but still leaves at the end of his contract. Summer of Punk pt. 2?)

If he's gone in a month, why did they put him over in a pretty major match on PPV, on a show where Punk, Ziggler and ADR were the only heels going over?

Can't tell if sarcastic or naive....

Kelly Kelly, Mason Ryan...I call rigged. Kelly Kelly I can see being voted for but Mason Ryan? Not in a million years would he be voted against Evan Bourne by the fans.

Even the Mason Ryan one I can see as an ironic vote ... I refuse to believe that a bunch of people thought an arm wrestling match would be entertaining.

Can't tell if sarcastic or naive....

Kelly Kelly, Mason Ryan...I call rigged. Kelly Kelly I can see being voted for but Mason Ryan? Not in a million years would he be voted against Evan Bourne by the fans.

I'm saying that they won't come out and say it rigged.

so its official.

WWE has to steal ROH storylines...jesus...can yall have an original thought???

coughSUMMEROFPUNKcough

He's been referencing it for a while now. He's mentioned it several times on his twitter, including today.

As a matter of fact, didn't he win the ROH title around this time back in 05?

They've jacked on their own storylines for years, grabbing from another pot of gold is nothing special :p

really though, I love the angle personally. It doesn't guarantee a Cena win and both of them have plenty to work with here. Maybe even bring an authority into the play or whatever like back in the day(some McMahon). But that's not looking so possible, with the brand ran by a stupid laptop.

i think so. but I am going to lie, the Summer of Punk storyline was awesome in ROH, because I dont think it was EVER done before...I mean they put the title on Punk as he was leaving...and at one point I actually BELIEVED that he would leave...

Actually this happened one time, back in my fave promotion in ECW, when the Dudley's was about to leave with the Tag Team titles.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Punk win, and like last year, have a briefcase cashed in. Like Punk wins his match, they do the MitB three matches later, and (for the sake of argument), Morrison wins, and announces after he is announced the winner that he's cashing in.

It definitely opens the door ... personally, I'd be okay with Punk winning, and walking out champ. The GM vacates the title the next night, and after he gets his rest and relaxation, Punk walks into a ready made story when he wishes to return.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Punk win, and like last year, have a briefcase cashed in. Like Punk wins his match, they do the MitB three matches later, and (for the sake of argument), Morrison wins, and announces after he is announced the winner that he's cashing in.

It definitely opens the door ... personally, I'd be okay with Punk winning, and walking out champ. The GM vacates the title the next night, and after he gets his rest and relaxation, Punk walks into a ready made story when he wishes to return.

I think you could be right with him winning it and then someone cashing it in on him.

Average PPV. Undercard was fine but main events were among the weakest this year.

Kofi v Ziggler - Happy Ziggler won.

Riley v Miz - Good brawling by both men and worth of a rematch.

Big Show v Del Rio (and Henry) - Fun filler match.

Zeke v Barrett - Decent match and Barrett was gold on the mic.

Rey v Punk - Rey was on good form but Punk proved again why he's awesome. Best Match of the PPV. Punk could be in line for a title shot at SummerSlam.

Orton v Christian - Didn't hit the highs of their previous matches but the crowd was hot and Orton sold the hell out of his concussion.

Bourne v Swagger - Entertaining filler match from two guys that work well together.

Truth v Cena - Gotta love Truth coming out with no theme music. Surpisingly watchable given that it was Cena versus a perennial jobber. Truth still needs to improve his in-ring work if he wants to main event. Funny ending.

BTW how did that storyline end?

If I remember correctly, it ended where there was a fatal 4 way for the ROH title between Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and Jamie Gibson (Noble) in a elimination match.

Noble was injured earlie and Punk wound up Eliminating both Daniels and Joe, which led everyone to believe that he was going to truly win and take the title to the "E", when a bloody and injured Noble came back from the back....and beat the title.

Or...You can watch the story unfold here...

http://youtu.be/QnM4FAXlwMQ

Enjoy, Lord Knows I DID.!

Gh0st

Raw was much better than I thought it would be. CM Punk opening segment was pure gold.

Kofi v Ziggler - good match

Del Rio v Punk v Rey - Really enjoyed this one. I hope the WWE aren't stupid enough to actually let Punk go.

Bryan v Rhodes - Shame it was so short.

Christian, Truth & Miz should start a stable called The Pity Club ;) The segment was so silly I was actually laughing. The tag match was fun.