The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I don't see any money in the bank winner cashing in at the money in the bank pay per view. They did it last year with Kane and it was awesome but to do it two years in a row would kind of downplay the whole idea. When Kane did it, it was special because it had never been done before but if it happens again two years in a row even with the Raw MITB it would cheapen it. I could easily see Punk winning though and then the Raw MITB winner cashing it in but I just don't think that they will do it two years in a row.

@PoisonedSuperman I don't think that they will have any MITB winner lose it they have yet to do it and I don't think they should because it would make whoever cashed it in and lost look really weak compared to the 8 others who have cashed it in and won. If they did this I would be shocked but the way it has been going since WM 21 whoever wins the MITB wins when they cash it in and I don't think that they will have someone lose it especially if it is on the same night that they won it because then it is wasted.

I know it has been said a few times now, but providing Punk wins and then the MITB winner cashes in on Punk, and wins, it doesn't really garner much heat if the person is a heel. Lets say ADR wins MITB and winds up beating Punk, yeah, the Chicago crowd is going to eat it up, but outside of that the majority of the audience is going to wake up and realize tomorrow that ADR is still a heel, except he now saved the WWE Title. I feel like if you go the route of having the MITB winner cash in, you have to have it be a face to steal it back from Punk for it to have any lasting effect.

Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley and Evan Bourne are the faces in the match and none of them seem likely of winning the title anytime soon...

I will again state my prediction, in case no one heard it the first time.

I think Punk is going to win. Then the money in the bank guy is going to come out and challenge punk (whoever wins MITB).

I predict that Punk will also win that match as well..

And it's all just to drive you nuts.

I think Punk will win. And then he'll be forced be WWE lawyers to appear at Summerslam to defend against Del Rio and Cena (who will also have to return despite being fired) in a Triple Threat. Cena wins and gets his contract back. Punk takes time off and returns in a few months to take down the establishment. And wrestles Vince's doofus son-in-law at Mania (or wins the Rumble and takes on Rock and Cena).

I think Punk will win. And then he'll be forced be WWE lawyers to appear at Summerslam to defend against Del Rio and Cena (who will also have to return despite being fired) in a Triple Threat. Cena wins and gets his contract back. Punk takes time off and returns in a few months to take down the establishment. And wrestles Vince's doofus son-in-law at Mania (or wins the Rumble and takes on Rock and Cena).

Agree but the boded part will never happened.

And wrestles Vince's doofus son-in-law at Mania (or wins the Rumble and takes on Rock and Cena).

I think that's a legitimate shout - that's what I though would happen when I saw his speech.

Which assuming Cena doesn't have the title at 'Mania would give us:

Rock vs Cena

Punk vs doofus

World Heavyweight Title match

WWE Championship Match

Undertaker streak match (assuming he's not in a title match)

However, they would have to build up someone strong for the RAW match, as Cena's dominated the brand so much for the last few years at WrestleMania title match without him, Orton, Batista, Triple H, Shawn Michaels doesn't hold much glamour at the moment. But who knows - maybe by then they can build up John Morrison vs Alberto Del Rio as a huge match.

Yeah, okay, Cena's probaly going to have to title then. But I sooo don't want him to. The only reason for him to have it is to sell the match as the "biggest match ever". Which it still wouldn't be.

Miz was not 'put over' Cena at Wrestlemania. The Rock was put over Cena; he just wasn't in the match.

Unless they change plans, it's been pretty obvious since, I don't know, the day after this years Wrestlemania that next year's Wrestlemania will see The Undertaker vs. Triple H III (or II if we're still meant to ignore WM X-7).

A Cena heel turn has been speculated on for years, but Cena is still their biggest cash cow right now. Call me crazy, but I just don't see WWE messing with something like that by turning him heel.

Put Miz\Morrison for the spinner belt and Orton\Rhodes for the WHC.

Sounds like money to me.

Not in this universe.

Rhodes lacks the size, both in terms of physique and height, WWE likes out of their top guys and he doesn't have the charisma or mic skills to where they'll overlook that. There's also the fact that, as talented as he is, Rhodes is not main event material, especially on the biggest stage of the WWE. He's good enough for his midcard spot, but that's probably as about as high as Rhodes will go.

Morrison, and I've said this before and I'll say it again, is strictly a 'B' show title challenger; he's the guy to give the heel champion a good match before losing to him clean so the heel can look strong.

This far out, I think the only safe bets for Wrestlemania matches are Rock/Cena and Undertaker/Triple H.

Rock vs Cena v Punk

Orton v Sheamus - World Heavyweight Title match

Barrett or Rhodes v Sin Cara or Bryan - Intercontinental Title

Ziggler v Truth - US Title Match

Miz or ADR v Morrison or Rey - WWE Championship Match

Undertaker v Miz or ADR - streak match

Christian v Big Show

Rhodes could be built into a title contender by WM time. I will give you Morrison but there is nobody on SD who would be worthy of going against RKO unless someone comes back, which is likely Y2J

If anyone on the current SD is going to get put in a Wrestlemania match against Orton, it'll probably be Seamus because he's a former champion and, most importantly, he has the size and the look they like. In theory, yes, Rhodes could be built into being a credible Wrestlemania challenger for Orton but you could say that about almost anyone on the SD side. Rhodes is good but he's just not good enough for where you want him to be.

They're not diluting Rock vs. Cena by adding a third man.

People discussing Mania bouts this early amuses me. You're gonna get nowhere fast there, because things like a small-built man in Cody Rhodes or a match which has happened 45 times without a concrete idea of an angle around it headlining the show is gonna sound outlandish for many. All the while being the possibility that those things could happen.

Raw drew a 2.4 this week. I know it was july 4th but still after the hype on what Punk did this is terrible.

To be fair, a lot of people also read the spoilers on this one, and many don't really watch a show after doing that.

Raw drew a 2.4 this week. I know it was july 4th but still after the hype on what Punk did this is terrible.

Not at all. The last time Raw was on July 4th, it dropped from a 4.4 to a 2.6. And that was a LIVE show, so no spoilers. The last time it was taped a week in advance like this week, it dropped from 3.4 to 2.7. So you combine those two factors, and dropping from 3.1 to 2.4 is actually pretty good.

On the ratings thing... I'm curious about next raw alot more then I was about this one. All points taken, I'm still dissapointed at the ratings.

People discussing Mania bouts this early amuses me. You're gonna get nowhere fast there, because things like a small-built man in Cody Rhodes or a match which has happened 45 times without a concrete idea of an angle around it headlining the show is gonna sound outlandish for many. All the while being the possibility that those things could happen.

/nod, I was thinking along similar lines... Like, wouldn't it be funny if it ends up Shaq vs. Big Show or something like that, as one of the big match's. Maybe Snookie will come back and do another flip? Who knows. All I know is, I doubt The Rock is going to be the only celebrity involved in Wrestlemania.

Not at all. The last time Raw was on July 4th, it dropped from a 4.4 to a 2.6. And that was a LIVE show, so no spoilers. The last time it was taped a week in advance like this week, it dropped from 3.4 to 2.7. So you combine those two factors, and dropping from 3.1 to 2.4 is actually pretty good.

I agree on the facts, but I have different interpretation. Well, people who missed out because it was July 4th was probably not going to see it regardless of whether it was live. On the other hand, people who missed out because it was not live was because they already knew was going to happen.

I agree on the facts, but I have different interpretation. Well, people who missed out because it was July 4th was probably not going to see it regardless of whether it was live. On the other hand, people who missed out because it was not live was because they already knew was going to happen.

The only thing I would add, is that I think (because of all the youtube and other sights you go to first, as well as WWE.com, etc.) that maybe the fact that they said Punk was suspended/fired, or whatever to start with, might have gone around faster then the other spoilers, I could be wrong, but I'm hoping that part of the reason for the ratings drop, is because alot of people still think/thought CM Punk was suspended/fired. That would be interesting.

As I said, more interested in next weeks ratings, still dissapointed by this weeks.

Raw didn't stand a chance on 4th of July. Come on it's the most bad ass holiday in the world, (non-negotiable, don't even bother trying.) I know I wasn't stuck in the house at 8:00, and I don't even go out that much. They should have just done a best of CM Punk-4th of July-america rules-special or something.

Raw didn't stand a chance on 4th of July. Come on it's the most bad ass holiday in the world, (non-negotiable, don't even bother trying.) I know I wasn't stuck in the house at 8:00, and I don't even go out that much. They should have just done a best of CM Punk-4th of July-america rules-special or something.

But the opportunity is sooooo temptinggggggggggggg :(