The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Punk lost.

1-2-3.

Cena got screwed by Trips.

Not even the same ocean.

Did you even watch THIS show? Punk wasn't even beaten in a competitive wrestling match to lose the title. He was destroyed by a 7 foot guy hitting a powerbomb on him after a 25 minute match, then beaten in seconds. I mean Miz's Money in the Bank cash in was honorable and worthy of admiration by comparison.

Did you even watch THIS show? Punk wasn't even beaten in a competitive wrestling match to lose the title. He was destroyed by a 7 foot guy hitting a powerbomb on him after a 25 minute match, then beaten in seconds. I mean Miz's Money in the Bank cash in was honorable and worthy of admiration by comparison.

Yea, but Punk can't complain. He's DONE THAT before. You can't complain when you get beat the way you won the belt the first time yourself.

Edit: not even worth continuing.

In conclusion, I like ADR and I hope they get behind him being a legitimate champion, and don't try to hide him in the midcard to feature Orton vs. Henry or something like that. Although just typing that made me realize how ridiculous that concept is.

Really? I forget the part where a 3rd party destroyed Jeff Hardy and then Punk won in 5 seconds. And even if that had happened, it would give Punk something to talk about that makes him a better babyface.

But no, Punk just beat Hardy by hitting him with his finisher twice. He didn't have Kane or somebody randomly destroy Hardy so that he could win the match in seconds.

lazorbreak, he's referring to (WHC CHAMP) Edge getting attacked by Batista. CM Punk cashed in the title on Raw in 2008. It was his first successful MITB cash in.

They actually replayed the video on how he lost his first title this year during the CM Punk / Randy Orton mini feud. Orton took CM Punk out and Punk wasn't able to participate in a Scramble match at Unforgiven 08.

I think people are missing the single most important piece to come out of tonight's show ...

Wade Barrett can be hit by a truck, and stand up afterwards! That poor man took more abuse than any one man should be subjected to, and "fake" or not, a lot of that looked painful.

I think people are missing the single most important piece to come out of tonight's show ...

Wade Barrett can be hit by a truck, and stand up afterwards! That poor man took more abuse than any one man should be subjected to, and "fake" or not, a lot of that looked painful.

That was a solid match. Glad to see Wade not jobbing too. Odd to see Bryan losing. Seems like they need to start some build up for him, unless he's going to come into Mania a complete joke and pull some huge upset.

That was a solid match. Glad to see Wade not jobbing too. Odd to see Bryan losing. Seems like they need to start some build up for him, unless he's going to come into Mania a complete joke and pull some huge upset.

Remember when The Miz lost to Daniel Bryan last year around September/October??

Same scenario happened last year with Raw MITB winner. Miz loses to Bryan just like Bryan loses to Barrett in 2011.

Miz was the US title and lost his belt to Bryan in 2010.

Oh yeah, Miz had the MITB case in 2010.

It isn't rocket science but apparently we are the ones with the rocket science background and the ones booking this travesty need us to BEAT IT DOWN TO THEM.

-----

Do you really watch with the mindset that "Wrestler A Wins, therefore Wrestler B job and it looks like Wrestler B is going to look like a Joke 20 weeks from now"

This is wrestling. But i guess they leave the booking to professionals and the armchairs to us IWC'ers.

Yeah, I rather enjoyed it myself. And I think the idea was more to boost Barrett, with Bryan having the case, and 7 1/2 to 8 months to go. Even Cole made a point to say it was evenly matched.

My guess is that by November, he'll be running on a full head of steam pushing into `mania.

The Tough Enough introduction?

Where Miz got in Austin's face and challenged him to a match and the tough enough noobs left the ring before Austin got 2 on 1d?

Oh, an off-roster show that didn't get broadcast here. You're right, that's some real solid buildup to Wrestlemania, Miz running his mouth once. Was it ever replayed on Raw?

When did I miss the explanation for why he was brought back? Kinda figured it was because he was the champ and it made them look stupid to let him walk with it.

Two weeks ago on Raw. Triple H admits that he brought Punk back because he's a commodity, because it's good for business, not because he "is champion". He would have been perfectly happy just moving on with Rey/Cena if Punk didn't come back.

Oh, an off-roster show that didn't get broadcast here. You're right, that's some real solid buildup to Wrestlemania, Miz running his mouth once. Was it ever replayed on Raw?

Two weeks ago on Raw. Triple H admits that he brought Punk back because he's a commodity, because it's good for business, not because he "is champion". He would have been perfectly happy just moving on with Rey/Cena if Punk didn't come back.

It happened ON Raw, while Miz was champion. He was going to "give Austin one more match."

And...okay, on the second. Missed that one.

Austin likes CM Punk though, whom also had a confrontation with him. Kind of funny, you might have liked it... Austin offered Punk a beer.

Austin, when he's been asked about wrestling again, has stated that he would like to be involved in a feud with CM Punk. He's also the guy that said something about the promo on RAW right after watching "CM Punk just melted my television screen with a scorching promo!" on twitter.

Really, you shouldn't worry about CM Punk... I have a feeling by this time next year your not going to like him anymore anyways.

Austin likes CM Punk though, whom also had a confrontation with him. Kind of funny, you might have liked it... Austin offered Punk a beer.

Austin, when he's been asked about wrestling again, has stated that he would like to be involved in a feud with CM Punk. He's also the guy that said something about the promo on RAW right after watching "CM Punk just melted my television screen with a scorching promo!" on twitter.

Really, you shouldn't worry about CM Punk... I have a feeling by this time next year your not going to like him anymore anyways.

It would take something substantial to kill Punk for me. I won't go into my reasons because I look nuts enough without doing so.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Punk/Austin. Just not counting on anything for certain with Austin yet. As was said, WWE needs Austin more than Austin needs WWE, so Punk's probably more likely than Miz at this point.

It would take something substantial to kill Punk for me. I won't go into my reasons because I look nuts enough without doing so.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Punk/Austin. Just not counting on anything for certain with Austin yet. As was said, WWE needs Austin more than Austin needs WWE, so Punk's probably more likely than Miz at this point.

They said the same thing about The Rock.

Just like The Rock, who only signed on for one match. I believe there is a high probability Austin gets into a WrestleMania match.

It makes it plausible for Austin especially since Austin has talked about having his last hoorah, and it possibly being CM Punk.

Rock doesn't need wrestling. Austin is in the same boat. And we need a dream match for WM 29 if HHH/Punk is going down at 28.

I have a feeling he's going to be "the guy" everyone is talking about for a good while. Might not be as soon as one year, but eventually he won't be the "Cool" guy to root for anymore, because he will have been there to long, and the IWC will start hatin' on him because someone like Bryan keeps jobbing to him.

I have a feeling he's going to be "the guy" everyone is talking about for a good while. Might not be as soon as one year, but eventually he won't be the "Cool" guy to root for anymore, because he will have been there to long, and the IWC will start hatin' on him because someone like Bryan keeps jobbing to him.

I don't root for Punk because he's "The guy to root for."

Alot of what you say emulates the IWC (the smarky guys). Just seems to me you think alot like them, and so when the time comes that Punk begins to bore you, and someone new has your interest, would only make sense that you would change up (as they will).

I honestly couldn't tell you the IWC's opinions. I quit reading sites aside from here about a year and a half ago. I'm just baffled by booking these days, which extends to TNA and ROH.

The only place I follow at all that I can't really complain about is Chikara, and even the start of the BDK breakup makes me sad there, though all good things must come to an end.

I just really hoped Punk would see a good legit title run from this. It was a good story. It's a shame his run got cut off at the legs after a month, especially since we know once John gets number 12 he's holding it until at least Mania.

I'm emotionally invested in Punk more so than anyone else in the wrestling business.

I just really hoped Punk would see a good legit title run from this. It was a good story. It's a shame his run got cut off at the legs after a month, especially since we know once John gets number 12 he's holding it until at least Mania.

John Cena should try beating CM Punk first before thinking of doing that.