The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I was surprised how much I enjoyed him being the surprise entrant at SS but I imagine he'll get old very fast. I just think to be a good 'big guy' you really need to be something special or the matches themselves I just find slow and boring.

I feel like him being the mystery guy would have been better had it not been revealed until he made his entrance. So make it look like Team Cena really was out numbered.

I dont understand the complaints about a 100% expendable Rowan losing to Big Show who is clearly being programmed to put over Reigns who like it or not, will mean much more than Rowan ever could and nothing will change that.

It isn't like Big Show beat a Cody Rhodes who was flirting with the main event and getting good heat this time, it isn't even him making Swagger look like a joke after he beat Orton, Edge, and Jericho clean, this is Eric Rowan who nobody cares about and has no upward potential

Like their "TO-TAL A-NNI-HI-LA-TION" gimmick wasn't awful already. :rolleyes:

It works until they talk. They have (well, had) a good look, an awesome entrance and, IMO, work good brawling matches. Like it has been said before in this thread, what they really needed was a manager or some other kind of mouthpiece. If nothing else, they could have had a decent WCW!KroniK-like run.

EDIT: BTW, can someone explain how Rusev is a heel anymore? He's prideful about Russia, yes, but he doesn't cheat, Lana doesn't involve herself in the matches and his whole intent is just to win the match to prove that his country produces better wrestlers. Switch the Russian flag for an American one and you have your standard "mom and apple pie" babyface. Add to that Swagger's desire to snap Rusev's ankle, with the heel commentator cheering for such an act and I just can't understand what I'm expected to think of Rusev.

I stopped trying to figure out how Rusev is heel the moment he was jumped by Henry and Big Show who are both larger than him and he still fought on and didn't complain.

He acts like a perfectly booked babyface. Stands up for his country even if it means unfair stipulations, wins clean, can have good matches, great seller, pretty much everything.

I stopped trying to figure out how Rusev is heel the moment he was jumped by Henry and Big Show who are both larger than him and he still fought on and didn't complain.

He acts like a perfectly booked babyface. Stands up for his country even if it means unfair stipulations, wins clean, can have good matches, great seller, pretty much everything.

Seriously. The only reason he's depicted as a heel is because of xenophobia. Probably the most heelish thing in his entire career was when they tried to force HIM to swear allegiance to America.

Moving on from TLC, a show that I didn't actually hate, let's talk about the WWE Network since I saw it referenced a while back. What are some original shows that you guys wouldn't mind seeing?

I'd like to see a weekly recap show every Friday evening after Smackdown moves to Thursdays. Just copy SportsCenter, have superstars do phone interviews, talk about the storylines, speculate on where wrestlers might go after a win here or there, show a bunch of highlights from the week. It'd be a good way to do an hour long show each week to keep people up to date on what is going on in the company. Heck, they could even blend in NXT storylines to maybe increase peoples interest that way a bit more too. You could even have a wrestler show up on the show every now and then. Maybe even have a feud that kicks off from the show, if somebody gets attacked at it or whatever. You know, it's wrestling! Stuff like that happens!

Wrestling School with William Regal. Let Regal run a sports science-y show each week for probably 30 minutes, breaking down a wrestlers move set or perhaps breaking down just specific moves. It'd be nice to try and put over some wrestlers moves this way. Why is Cena's STF so effective? Talk about how he might not pull as hard under the chin as some previous wrestlers but instead decides to cover their mouth to make their oxygen harder to get and reduce their strength that way. This is something anybody who watches MMA would be aware of and possibly able to buy in to, where as wrestling fans I don't think have ever been educated that way. Mention how doing that makes it that much harder for them to pull his massive upper body which is also crushing their chest/upper body and restricting their breathing even more. Finally he could mention that Cena uses his incredible body strength to his advantage, pulling opponents in to the middle of the ring before slapping it on, putting his opponent in a real pickle. Basically, I want the show to try and educate wrestling fans on moves but put over the specialized versions that wrestlers use for finishers.

do what I do and just watch NXT and the Raw recaps on the network. NXT is the only thing they have going worth watching, likely because Vince is not involved screwing with the writers at the last second.

It's interesting that the NXT and Smackdown head writers swapped shows a few months ago. NXT has been just as good since while Smackdown has gone downhill (like Raw). Although writing for a short show like NXT must be easier it's clearly an environment that encourages creativity and quality.

WWE High by the guys who do Total Drama Island. I think it's a great concept as long as they don't tie it in too much to the Main Roster unless it's a major change.

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2014/11/20141126_Article_WWEHigh_10_GROUP.jpg

I saw it. Looks amazing. Would LOVE to see this be a cartoon series. Not sure if it would work though.

Not to defend the show too much, but people saying Big Show should've put over Erick Rowan are clearly in some sort of early-onset holiday madness. No, Big Show should not be used exclusively to put over all talent indiscriminately, especially since beating him still means something. Suddenly having Big Show lose to everybody would be redundant, since Kane is already on the roster doing that job (pun intended).

The only other heel on the roster that won last night with any sort of cleanliness was Rusev, and considering Rowan is the most limited member of the Wyatt family and can't really talk, why are we putting him over one of the top heels in the company? It'll mean a lot more when Ziggler or Ryback or whoever beats Big Show in a meaningful match because Big Show isn't coming off a loss to a midcarder.

Not to defend the show too much, but people saying Big Show should've put over Erick Rowan are clearly in some sort of early-onset holiday madness. No, Big Show should not be used exclusively to put over all talent indiscriminately, especially since beating him still means something. Suddenly having Big Show lose to everybody would be redundant, since Kane is already on the roster doing that job (pun intended).

The only other heel on the roster that won last night with any sort of cleanliness was Rusev, and considering Rowan is the most limited member of the Wyatt family and can't really talk, why are we putting him over one of the top heels in the company? It'll mean a lot more when Ziggler or Ryback or whoever beats Big Show in a meaningful match because Big Show isn't coming off a loss to a midcarder.

You really think it means something? Serious question, I was under the impression that Big Show was just a placeholder feud for everyone until something else opened up.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just turned on Raw. Is Jimmy Jacobs dancing with a bunny right now? Am I actually seeing this? Is this real life?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do believe so. Shame this is the furthest we'll ever see the Zombie Princess make it in a major company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Swanton825" data-cite="The Swanton825" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So when are they just going to put "future endeavored soon" on the New Day's outfits?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bleh. It's a shame. I hope they turn them heel. They can even keep the same gimmick.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOwnage" data-cite="RKOwnage" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bleh. It's a shame. I hope they turn them heel. They can even keep the same gimmick.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If they do that, then they should ally with Bo Dallas and become the Bo Day. Of course, that would be entertaining, so that won't happen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOwnage" data-cite="RKOwnage" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You really think it means something? Serious question, I was under the impression that Big Show was just a placeholder feud for <em>everyone</em> until something else opened up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll take this question, I believe I can give you an answer that makes sense.</p><p> </p><p> Big Show means absolutely nothing to internet wrestling fans, such as us here. For that matter, most people that been on the roster close to a decade or more are in that same boat (that is until they are fired, in which we go "WHY?).</p><p> </p><p> However, for the non internet watchers/forum readers, dirt sheet readers, he is still a big deal, still a giant, still shows fire at times, and still looks powerful enough to fight half a dozen men at once. Defeating him means something, and even we realize that he has been a sort of gate keeper for a very long time. </p><p> </p><p> For me, it's starting to become hard to see these things, but recently I was able to put my finger on it. The reason a Big Show loss doesn't mean much to me is because I watch so much of this stuff, that him losing seems to happen all the time. Something that happened a few months ago, or longer just doesn't feel that long ago to me and so I remember it as if it's still happening. Same with Mark Henry, Kane, Orton, etc. They go back and forth so much, sometimes in the same year, that I get used to it and when it changes up I have a hard time un-connecting from when they were doing the job on a relatively regular level. Ryback is kind of that way for me right now. Hard for me to see him as he is being portrayed now, when I feel he has lost more then most every one on the card in the last year or so.</p><p> </p><p> My son and I always try to guess when Big Show is going to cry, for example... we have seen him do it so much it is never going to be the heart felt moment that it's trying to convey to us, because we now find it hilarious. He is pretty good at showing emotions and getting a viewer invested, and that is something that half the rest of the roster (including the ones we root for) has been unable to do. So IMO Big Show is a huge asset to the company in many ways, even if for me personally, he is somewhat of a joke.</p>