The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Kevin Steen: "But I also can’t wait to get in the ring with Bray Wyatt because I find him to be probably the most intriguing person in WWE right now. And whether it’s by his side or standing across from him in the ring, I think he and I can do something special eventually, so I’m really looking forward to hopefully getting that chance."

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/totally-fangirling.gif

So, Claire Lynch has come to WWE now? :rolleyes:

That was just bad in every way. Daniel Bryan looks bad to the kids, Brie looks stupid for automatically believing without proof, and that chick will now disappear to never be seen again.

Honestly at ends with that little skit. At first I thought that is the worst acting I have ever seen in my life. Then, right when I realize where it's going I figured this is supposed to be bad acting.

I mean, it's obvious that it's supposed to be a lie concocted by Steph, and the swerve with what happens to brie, as well as a blatant rip off from TnA storyline of the year (saying that as sarcastically as possible).

I'm on ends with it. I kind of think that was supposed to be really horrible acting, but at the same time I feel like the Pedigree skit was way better at making me want to see more of Steph vs Bie, from a selling point of view.

I truly am amazed at how easily Cena wins a crowd over. Will he finally turn heel? Of course not, but why the sudden change in character... His whole thing with Bray was to not do exactly what he said he was going to do this time. Interesting or is it just writers not paying attention to their own writing?

I truly am amazed at how easily Cena wins a crowd over. Will he finally turn heel? Of course not, but why the sudden change in character... His whole thing with Bray was to not do exactly what he said he was going to do this time. Interesting or is it just writers not paying attention to their own writing?

I liked his segment. I don't like the whole "every week I come out here..." shtick he seems to do every time he has a mic, but other than that, it was a good segment. I think the difference between this and Bray was that Bray wanted to bring that side of Cena out of him, where as against Brock, Cena needs to bring that side out of himself (hope that makes sense). In the feud with Bray it was about Cena not letting Bray win by letting him bring that side of his character out, but Cena needs to show that side to stand a chance against Brock. In a way it kind of makes sense.

Raw Review:

Heyman & Lesnar - God-tier Heyman promo.

Reigns vs Rybaxel - Solid match. I liked Rybaxel testing Reigns at the start. Also liked the DQ finish and Roman cleaning house with his greatest hits. But that promo was one of his worst.

RVD vs Rollins - Good match. Ambrose ambush!

Steph, Meghan & Brie - Silly but funny. I marked out for Brie's sloppy Yes Lock. Turned out be a genius set-up so Steph could get revenge for her arrest. Most of the WWE audience don't even watch TNA so not sure why that's an issue (seen it talked about on other sites, too).

Swagger vs Cesaro - Good match. The Low Spinning Uppercut was beautiful. Clever counters into the Patriot Lock.

Bray & Jericho - Different to the usual in-ring debate ending in a brawl.

AJ vs Eva - Eva shouldn't be wrestling on the main shows, let alone winning. At least Paige cut it short and Eva got beat up by AJ.

Cena - Entertaining promo but the content was questionable. Cena turning heel for one night only? Not the first time that's been teased (Kane and Wyatt feuds) so I have no reason to believe they'll follow through this time.

Slater vs Ziggler - OK match. I'm digging Miz right now. Slater should be a straight-up babyface since the crowd are getting behind him. I suppose it's possible he was filling in for ADR or another unavailable heel.

Orton vs Sheamus - Good match.

Hulk Hogan - All-star birthday celebration and Lesnar staring down the Legends was a fun way to end the show. Shame Hogan wasn't medically cleared to help Cena brawl with Brock. And no Sting.

Verdict: Fun but missable pre-PPV show.

Raw Review:

Heyman & Lesnar - God-tier Heyman promo.

Reigns vs Rybaxel - Solid match. I liked Rybaxel testing Reigns at the start. Also liked the DQ finish and Roman cleaning house with his greatest hits. But that promo was one of his worst.

RVD vs Rollins - Good match. Ambrose ambush!

Steph, Meghan & Brie - Silly but funny. I marked out for Brie's sloppy Yes Lock. Turned out be a genius set-up so Steph could get revenge for her arrest. Most of the WWE audience don't even watch TNA so not sure why that's an issue (seen it talked about on other sites, too).

Swagger vs Cesaro - Good match. The Low Spinning Uppercut was beautiful. Clever counters into the Patriot Lock.

Bray & Jericho - Different to the usual in-ring debate ending in a brawl.

AJ vs Eva - Eva shouldn't be wrestling on the main shows, let alone winning. At least Paige cut it short and Eva got beat up by AJ.

Cena - Entertaining promo but the content was questionable. Cena turning heel for one night only? Not the first time that's been teased (Kane and Wyatt feuds) so I have no reason to believe they'll follow through this time.

Slater vs Ziggler - OK match. I'm digging Miz right now. Slater should be a straight-up babyface since the crowd are getting behind him. I suppose it's possible he was filling in for ADR or another unavailable heel.

Orton vs Sheamus - Good match.

Hulk Hogan - All-star birthday celebration and Lesnar staring down the Legends was a fun way to end the show. Shame Hogan wasn't medically cleared to help Cena brawl with Brock. And no Sting.

Verdict: Fun but missable pre-PPV show.

Now that you've officially opened it up, I kind of liked the way Roman said "believe that". If he would have finished it up with a snap, that would have had me rolling.

TnA comparisons are from people that watch both... so I wouldn't just throw that away. Now, there is a pretty good chance it was all just a coincidence obviously, considering the set up.

RayW, I get what you're saying. However, I know that his thing with Bray and even Kane was that he would not change and there is no part of him that is a "monster". His whole point was that side of him didn't exist, and what you see is what you get.

I actually like the fact that he points out that he is here every week possible against people that aren't (part timers). Doesn't really mean much to point that fact out against others that are here every week possible as well.

Can't wait for the return of Daniel Bryan.... Come on rehab.

On the point about Cena I thought it was a good promo but a lot of his content was unnecessary. It's like he went the CM Punk route of all but saying that it doesnt matter who's better because it's fixed.

For instance the line about not laying down for Brock was really good to me and shows that he wont just let him waltz in there and win, but surrounding it you had all of these comments that really didnt pertain to the match at all. The one difference between Cena and Punk doing it was that when Punk told Rock he wasn't going to come back periodically and beat him Punk said it because he was better than Rock as opposed to Cena saying Lesnar didn't earn it and not really focusing on what HE is doing to make sure Lesnar wont win.

I'm sure it's because Punk was a heel but Cena actually did it in their 2012 feud when you look at stuff like the promo with Edge which was just brilliant and it also did the teases of a more aggressive Cena.

NXT Review:

The Vaudenvillians vs Bull & Mojo - OK match. Mojo took the pin from English. I like Bull's old school heel moves like raking his opponent's face with his boot. He also destroyed Mojo after the match to "Thank you Bull!" chants.

Bayley vs Sasha (#1 Contender) - Great match. Bayley won by countering Sasha's BO$$ Lock finisher into a pin. The crowd were hot and it was given plenty of time. Charlotte shook Bayley's hand in a show of respect.

Kalisto & Sin Cara vs Murphy & Blake - OK match. The Luchas won with Kalisto's cool Del Sol Driver finisher.

Breeze vs Neville (NXT Championship) - Great match. Near the end, Neville Superkicked Kidd who was lurking near the ramp. When Neville finally had Breeze set up for Red Arrow, Kidd caused a DQ. Kidd attacked Neville, Breeze attacked Kidd, Breeze and Kidd teamed up to attack Neville and Zayn made the save. I smell a Fatal Fourway at NXT Takeover 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Verdict: Good show. The tag tournament progessed and the 2 important matches were top quality.

Smackdown Review:

The Good - Ambrose vs Cesaro (Match of the Show). Reigns punching Miz in the moneymaker on Miz TV. AJ and Paige brawling. Bo forgiving the referee for "mistakenly" thinking he was tapping out when he was just trying to reach the ropes. Miz vs Reigns (strong character work from Miz).

The OK - Titus vs Ziggler. Henry & Show vs The Wyatts.

The Bad - AJ vs Eva before it was interrupted. Dallas vs Swagger (squash match).

Verdict: Average go-home show.

So funny to see people asking on WWE.com: "So can I watch Summerslam on the WWE network?". I'd answer, but I don't know for sure. They really need to work on transparant communication. Fans are really kept in the dark. And how expensive would it be exactly? One can only guess...

I was about to subscribe for the Network myself, but it appears you absolutely need a credit card for it. I'm going to pass then as I'm not going to purchase one especially for this. Why not just use paypal for a one-shot 6-month payment? There's no risk for them as they get all money up front. Dumb move by WWE. (or I might have to convert € to $, I'll work it out).

As for RAW, it was fine, but I can't keep me from thinking about AJ Lee losing to Eva Marie, even if it was a distraction. And was she hurt or something, as she was seemingly injured when AJ wanted revenge? Weird as AJ got little offense in. Oh well. Bad storyline. Bad! But I'm interested in the match regardless. As a matter of fact: I'm interested in all the matches for once. What a card... It's going to be predictable as hell, but a fine watch I'm sure.

So funny to see people asking on WWE.com: "So can I watch Summerslam on the WWE network?". I'd answer, but I don't know for sure. They really need to work on transparant communication. Fans are really kept in the dark. And how expensive would it be exactly? One can only guess...

I was about to subscribe for the Network myself, but it appears you absolutely need a credit card for it. I'm going to pass then as I'm not going to purchase one especially for this. Why not just use paypal for a one-shot 6-month payment? There's no risk for them as they get all money up front. Dumb move by WWE. (or I might have to convert € to $, I'll work it out).

As for RAW, it was fine, but I can't keep me from thinking about AJ Lee losing to Eva Marie, even if it was a distraction. And was she hurt or something, as she was seemingly injured when AJ wanted revenge? Weird as AJ got little offense in. Oh well. Bad storyline. Bad! But I'm interested in the match regardless. As a matter of fact: I'm interested in all the matches for once. What a card... It's going to be predictable as hell, but a fine watch I'm sure.

Let me put it this way, pay $9.99 (or roughly €7.46) once every six months and you can watch any pay-per-view, including live ones whenever you want. Plus NXT, Superstars and tons of old WCW and ECW events.

Let me put it this way, pay $9.99 (or roughly €7.46) once every six months and you can watch any pay-per-view, including live ones whenever you want. Plus NXT, Superstars and tons of old WCW and ECW events.

You pay $9.99 each month for six months, not $9.99 once every six months.

I'm pretty sure they added a thing recently to pay for 6 months up front

$9.99 for six months would be a massive steal. WWE wouldn't make much money that way :p

I don't use WWE Network nearly as much as I thought I would, but that has more to do with my internet being shoddy lately than the actual product. Plus, on my PS3 there's this weird issue when I hold the PS button and go to "quit", it shuts my PS3 off instead of going to the Playstation 3 main menu. I do think $9.99 a month is still a bargain. I watched Starrcade 1999 the other day and was genuinely shocked that it was a solid show. Not even just by Vince Russo standards, just an entertaining show. I did skip Sting vs Lex Luger and Sid Vicious vs Kevin Nash though, so I probably missed some hijinx. The bad part was I could see the different spots in the main event where Bret was getting concussed and it made me feel a little uneasy.

It's a great deal for me because NXT is the best Tv wrestling by far (this week's episode was proof) but the old content is pretty much useless to me unless I want to pick and choose matches to watch and it's a chore to do that too.

I'm not sure how many people can just watch random PPVs with no context

I'm pretty sure they added a thing recently to pay for 6 months up front

They did, but it doesn't work. Nothing works. Paypal keeps asking me for a credit card, which makes me wonder why it's even a separate option. I have more than enough USD on my account. But screw it. If I need to get me a credit card they can kiss my 9 dollars and 99 cents goodbye. Same thing for UFC Fight Pass. A little administrative efford isn't too much to ask. Why do these steamkey sites provide almost instant access to your purchase? It's the same damn thing...

I'd mainly do it for Summerslam and the Rumble, and to watch NXT indeed without... you know. :p

Oh yeah. :o I'm an idiot...

Good god, you still didn't know? :p I was being ironic actually, with them repeating what it is every goddamn minute of the show. :p

The WWE Network is a phenomenal deal for the amount of content you receive with it. Yes on day 1 it was shoddy and I couldn't watch anything because things were still getting worked out but after things got past the first initial week it was great.

I always watched NXT on Hulu and I have continued to do so on the Network and while this past weeks episode was really good I miss NXT being a stand alone thing on Hulu. To me NXT used to feel like an independent wrestling company with WWE's production values and now that it's on the network it feels like another WWE show.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing because quite frankly there is more substance to a one hour episode of NXT than there is in a three hour RAW (which is sad) but to me NXT when it was still on Hulu was way better.

Another thing I was going to mention about the network before I went on my NXT mini rant is that now I have the option of watching Superstars. I haven't done so yet but I think I'm going to make it a part of my Thursday night line up because I usually will come home at around 11:00pm and watch NXT. However I think I need to start watching Superstars right after it because I've heard there is some good stuff on that show with guys who don't get used all that much on RAW and Smackdown. Plus I never got to watch Superstars when it was still on TV :(

Spend 2 hours working out why it wanted a credit card, including asking the live chat lady, who game me the most general answers I could frickin' read on the FAQ, thank you very much. Why couldn't they just mention it right from the beginning like UFC does? It's not even in their long agreement note ffs.

Superstars is fine as it gives a platform to lower midcarders to speak up or perform in general. The main events are also more varied.