The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

If I would bet a dime on their appearance on RAW, I'd have two dimes to go buy my mom something nice.

Would be nice to see Bailey, but quite frankly her gimmick will not work on such a big, removed crowd. I'd rather see her on NXT for the time being.

I think they should bring her up. With the Divas trying to get stronger people like Eva Marie are useless. She has no skill and her out of ring attitude meh.

I think Bailey could lead the women's division pretty well.

As fir Charlotte. Thumbs down.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>god.... American Alpha are so over its crazy... Topping that match will be hard</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Their passion's really inspiring. It's hard not to like them. They're probably my favourite act in the WWE at the moment.</p>

<p>Wow, NXT really brought the fire, main roster better take not for Sunday.</p><p> </p><p>

American Alpha with a great opener, i thought it woul dbe match of the night for sure. Then Nakamara - sami happened. </p><p> </p><p>

I had not seen Nakamara before, outside of highlight clips. I regret my life choices now. What a match, my MOTY right now, just for the unique style, the passion and aggression each guy sold, and the story they told.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, one thing I did know about Nakamara is that he has star presence you need to get across. I bought in just from the entrance to that aspect, his entrance is sick as hell. </p><p> </p><p>

Watching the women's match and NXT championship this morning.</p>

<p>That takeover....I don't know how Wrestlemania can top it! I like crownsy never seen Nakumura before tonight and I was indeed impressed. I thought Samoa Joe looked like a million bucks and his intensity through the blood made him look like the baddest man on the planet. </p><p> </p><p>

I didn't think it was necessary to send the doctor out 4 times in the match to check on the cut. They knew from the first time that he was good to go but they kept addressing the cut and taking heat away from the match.</p><p> </p><p>

My girl Asuka winning the title against a game Bailey was a fantastic match as well. It is apparent that Bailey is going to get called up since she had to drop the title but they found the only person she could pass it on to without the fans crapping on it.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm glad to see Austin Aries I'm surprised that was the cool down match but Austin really did a fantastic job of selling to Baron Corbin.</p><p> </p><p>

That match opener I thought was going to burn the crowd out early and me like crownsy again thought we could just go home with that match because it was great! The problem with this roster is that almost everyone can headline and it's truly a headscratcher on who should go on last.</p>

I'm still seeing last week's NXT episode, and it deserves to be mentioned that Bull has really got something going for him. That promo before the Apollo match was really good.

This is awkward...... he got released. Would love to see him in TNA.

American Alpha vs The Revival- American Alpha are just fantastic together. Same with The Revival. There was some clunkyness in the middle, but otherwise a great way to start the show. The teams worked really well together. The right team won.

Austin Aries vs Baron Corbin- The only lackluster match of the evening in my opinion. Corbin just isn't all that good. His bald spot and thinning hair really takes away from his look. Aries was able to make him look better than he is though. Aries winning was the right call.

Sami Zayn vs Shinsuke Nakamura- Match of the night. They worked well together. Nakamura is a star. He has insane charisma that you can't really describe. I got goosebumps during his entrance just like I did when Sting had his match at Wrestlemania. If you only watch one match from the show, watch this one.

Asuka vs Bayley- Very, very good match. The finish seemed really sudden though, but I liked it. There was no other way to take the belt off Bayley that would have protected her like this did. Asuka of course is just a monster.

Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe- My second favorite match of the night. Joe looked incredible even in defeat. The finish was of course a tribute to the Bret/Roddy match from Wrestlemania 8 and it worked so well here.

Overall, a great show.

<p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Takeover Dallas Review:</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>American Alpha vs The Revival</strong> - Great match. The Revival were botchy but it was still super fun. Only NXT can get me excited about a tag team match and follow through on the hype.</p><p>

<strong>Corbin vs Aries</strong> - Solid match with the right result to give the feud some legs.</p><p>

<strong>Nakamura vs Zayn</strong> - MOTY with an insanely hot crowd. Everything was perfect: Ranallo narrating the hype video, Nakamura's entrance theme, Zayn sitting in the corner in awe, both guys stiffing the hell out of each other, the blood, near falls, finish, the crowd cheering for a Zayn loss and then giving him an ovation. I wouldn't have blamed them for protecting Zayn for his upcoming Mania match but NXT is better than that. "Fight forever!"</p><p>

<strong>Asuka vs Bayley</strong> - Great match. The finish was smart because you always expect Bayley to fight out of submissions and win Cena-style. It's going to take a stable of women to conquer Asuka.</p><p>

<strong>Joe vs Balor</strong> - Good match. A bit short for obvious reaons but the blood and stoppages gave it more of a fight feel. The finish was a bit weak. I sort of don't mind Balor retaining but I was disappointed by the lack of Gun & Gallows involvement. I guess Balor is too valuable as a babyface and they'll save the Bulletproof Balor Club stuff for the main roster. At this stage Nakamura is the only legit contender unless Itami returns soon.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Verdict:</strong></span> My new favorite Takeover. The weakest match was still more interesting than half the Mania matches. Based on some of the booking it looks like Shane will take charge of Raw and call up Bayley, Finn, Joe, Corbin, Enzo, Cass & Carmella over the next few months as part of the storyline.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I liked Nakamura vs. Zayn a lot and agree it was the best thing on the show, but I don't think it's even Shinsuke's best match of 2016 so far, never mind MOTY overall.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> MOTY in WWE at least. Only matches I've seen that come close for me this year are AJ vs Nakamura, Shibata vs Ishii, Aztec Warfare II and Fenix vs Mil Muertes. But I didn't have the same emotional attachment to those matches.</p>

MOTY in WWE at least. Only matches I've seen that come close for me this year are AJ vs Nakamura, Shibata vs Ishii, Aztec Warfare II and Fenix vs Mil Muertes. But I didn't have the same emotional attachment to those matches.

I'm just the opposite. As great as Zayn vs. Nakamura was, I didn't have nearly as much emotional attachment to that as I did to Shinsuke's match with AJ, and especially Okada vs. Tanahashi from WK.

NXT is basically a who's who of independent wrestling talent now. It's not a negative but it's certainly damaging what used to be a well-written, well-produced wrestling show about the WWE superstars of tomorrow.

I agree with this to a certain extent; it would be nice to see more 'homegrown' talent in NXT but we've got Corbin and more-or-less the whole tag and women's divisions (Asuka aside) at present, so I don't think it's all that bad.

Usually, WrestleMania has a couple of matches I want to see. This year, the entire card is worthless to me. I have zero interest in seeing anything from it.

That NXT show ya' all are talking about, however... maybe I should catch that one.

I'm just the opposite. As great as Zayn vs. Nakamura was, I didn't have nearly as much emotional attachment to that as I did to Shinsuke's match with AJ, and especially Okada vs. Tanahashi from WK.

WWE and Lucha Underground are the only companies I follow all year round. I only catch a few ROH, NJPW and Evolve events each year so I enjoy the quality wrestling but don't have an investment in what happens to the wrestlers. I'm a big Sami fan and I'm still marking out for Nakamura joining NXT so it was a damn near perfect match for me. They could have half-assed it and I still would be praising the match. I've also been playing Nak's new theme song a lot today. Can't get it out of my head :D

NXT is basically a who's who of independent wrestling talent now. It's not a negative but it's certainly damaging what used to be a well-written, well-produced wrestling show about the WWE superstars of tomorrow.

Why can't the WWE stars of tomorrow coming from the Indy's again?

I think Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Cesaro, Sasha Banks, and Becky Lynch ect are doing ok.