The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<p>Rumored main event for WWE Evolution is Nikki Bella vs Ronda.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't think I'll be able to turn it off quickly enough if that's actually the main event. Neither Bella should be main eventing any shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Also not keen on Shayna vs Kairi happening again.</p><p> </p><p>

Lita vs Mickie James will probably be terrible.</p><p> </p><p>

Trish vs Alexa could be good, but could also suck.</p><p> </p><p>

The MYC finals is shaping up to be the best match of the show.</p>

<p>Evers vs Hiroyo - Good match. I'm glad Evers lost because of her unprofessional meltdown in STARDOM (which happened after this was filmed so I was afraid she might win here).</p><p>

Conti vs Jessie - OK match. Jessie wasn't awful but she's still green. Conti looks more confident in the ring but if she's a heel she shouldn't cry after her matches.</p><p>

Dawn vs Matthews - Solid match. I got the result wrong (I'm 13/16 so far).</p><p>

Brookside vs Io - Good for a short match. I hope Io's Queen Quest ripoff theme is only a placeholder.</p><p> </p><p>

Jaysin is right. Evolution just seems like a bunch a random matches that aren't as interesting as WWE want us to think they are. The MYC final and Kairi vs Shayna will steal the show if Vince lets Hunter handle them.</p>

Evolution has everything to bomb right now, so it seems. It's random, pointless and with no real hype other than the endless "this is the women's revolution" that they can't stop saying and they can't stop attributing it to Stephanie, The Bellas...heck, everyone except those who actually improved women's wrestling. Is it even sold out at this point? Doubt it, but don't know.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ugh Punishment Martinez got signed by WWE</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's not as bad as Big Cass but there's not much upside at his age. Weird signing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's not as bad as Big Cass but there's not much upside at his age. Weird signing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I liked Cass with Enzo, they were entertaining...but now. He seems out of place and meh.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He's not as bad as Big Cass but <strong>there's not much upside at his age. Weird signing</strong>.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. </p><p> </p><p> I remember the first time I saw him I thought he looked green as hell. Turns out he had been wrestling for over ten years at that point. He also has a very bad sounding voice and his promos are terrible. </p><p> </p><p> I would say stick him with a manager and limit his match times. That is really all they can do with him.</p>

Raw was pretty good by recent standards. The heat Elias got in Seattle was amazing. Still don't give a crap about the Australian Show or the other dozen events coming up, except Takeover Wargames of course.

I've been watching wrestling for 33 years and it's hard to remember a crowd booing as loud as Seattle did for Elias last nite. I hope Vince pays attention to this and sees $$ in Elias.

<p>Elias has been criminally under-pushed. Push him to the title scene while the iron is hot!</p><p> </p><p>

There have been lots of talk about NXT guys being misused after they've been brought to the main roster. Elias is one of the rare examples of the extreme opposite. NXT never unlocked that tremendous potential that he's been displaying since he's been on RAW. Not being a former indy darling or big star in Japan probably held him down there.</p>

<p>Even even you haven't been watching the Mae Young Classic the last show is must-see. The show was good overall and Mercedes Martinez vs Meiko Satomura was one of the best matches of the year.</p><p> </p><p> William Regal on Twitter:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are certain matches that will be watched in 20 years and the people who know, understand and study the detailed art form that pure competitor Pro Wrestling can achieve will look back on and recommend to study. This match was one of them. Brilliant.</div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ugh Punishment Martinez got signed by WWE</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrong Martinez WWE! Sign Mercedes!</p><p> </p><p> Seriously though. That match (and the MYC in general so far) was so good.</p>

<p>Great matches - Joe vs Styles</p><p>

Good matches - The Bar vs New Day, Charlotte vs Becky, Cedric vs Murphy, Strowman/McIntyre/Ziggler vs The Shield</p><p>

OK matches - The Iconics vs Asuka & Naomi, Riott Squad vs Ronda & The Bellas (loved the double armbar finish), HHH vs Taker (they worked hard but it went too long)</p><p>

Meh matches - Elias & Owens vs Lashley & Cena, Miz vs Bryan (did they run out of time?)</p><p> </p><p>

Better than I expected. Wasn't expected Bryan to win with AJ retaining. It was nice that the announcers didn't butcher the pronunciation of Melbourne like most Americans LOL.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Synticha" data-cite="Synticha" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Feels so strange to watch WWE live in the middle of the day. AJ and Joe delivered big time in their match.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Felt so weird to watch in the AM hours for me!</p>

Am I the only one who thought Super Showdown was terrible? Sure some of the wrestling was good, but from a story perspective, literally every face or hometown hero won their match, which basically just made it feel like a glorified house show. Which is a lot like how Beast in the East and Greatest Royal Rumble felt. I'm really starting to get annoyed with how WWE books these big foreign events to be some big deal and then throws mediocre product on 'em.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Am I the only one who thought Super Showdown was terrible? Sure some of the wrestling was good, but from a story perspective, literally every face or hometown hero won their match, which basically just made it feel like a glorified house show. Which is a lot like how Beast in the East and Greatest Royal Rumble felt. I'm really starting to get annoyed with how WWE books these big foreign events to be some big deal and then throws mediocre product on 'em.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wasn't bad. I liked it overall. A couple of meh matches, just like someone pointed above, but overall it was good. Taker can no longer sell a Pedigree (or much else, for that matter) to save his life. And while i get that the gimmick of no DQ was to protect the weaknesses and make it longer and ME worthy when it comes to duration, the weaknesses are still there. Sure, it would be much visible without the gimmick, but Shawn Michaels selling and actually calling the shots could be more interesting when the tag match happens. Plus, Kane can still sell more than Taker and generally move better.</p><p> </p><p> Can't believe i'm saying this, but I'm glad a match involving suplex city is the main event for Saudi Arabia. To have to witness 3 guys in their 50s and one dangerously close to it in the ME spot would be ludicrous, as much as I like Shawn Michaels. Plus, while I will probably mark for him and DX, I still think he should have stayed retired. This has HHH written all over it.</p>