The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

1. It's not because of a traditional standard or what not. I just don't like him based on my standards for liking a wrestler or not. Also, Hogan used to be epic in the ring. Look for his Japan/early stuff.

I'm no ROHbot demanding wrestling 24/7 (Though Final Countdown did introduce me to them). I'm just not entertained by The Miz, like I'm not entertained by Triple H, or Randy Orton or Matt Hardy, or Rey Mysterio. His character is not entertaining, his ring work - while improving - is not entertaning, and the same goes for his mic-work. I'm just not a fan. *shrugs*

****y kid? And here I thought he was playing the egomaniac.

Who does entertain you in WWE?

David Otunga's in good shape and finally looking better than crap in the ring. If he trains hard he could be a decent wrestler in the future.

The creative team need to be careful with Orton. When he's not in a title match they try to compensate (and/or try to keep him happy) by turning him into Super "RKO everyone in sight" Orton. Better than Super Cena because of his agression amd head punts, but sometimes they need to make Orton look a bit more beatable.

Awesome seeing Christian wrestle again. Interesting seeing Brodus Clay (who reminds of King Kong Bundy) straight over from NXT. I wonder how long he'll last.

The Sin Cara promo was cool. Looks' like he's keeping his best moves (presumably minus the El Pendulu aka Tiger Feint Kick which Rey uses as the 619).

The Cole/JBL/Austin segment was fun.

I don't mind Sheamus' losing streak so long as the desperation pays off in his upcoming fueds. I'd like to see him go on a title rampage. First win the US title and stomp on the belt saying it's worthless and move on to the IC title etc. And generally demolish everyone in his path. Or they can have McIntyre do it. A really agressive heel kicking everyone's ass like Kane last year.

On the other hand CM Punk is on a winning streak which is great. If Punk beats Orton at Mania, Ill be happy.

Shawn Michaels is doing a great job of selling HHH v Undertaker.

Ziggler on RAW is interesting and who better to face than Morrison. I hope they have an all-out quickfire match at Mania.

Cena was on fire again. "I bring it via Satellite!" I really hope Miz beats him at Mania, though.

He's rumored to have an appearance or two in store before Mania. Guess that's why I wasn't fussed about it. Funny pic.

Ah, that's kind of comforting. Just really, after the first promo, then Cena's reaction, I was expecting alot more from The Rock. What really got to me is that I found Cena's second promo a let-down as well.... as if he was holding back so as to make it aproachable for The Rock to come back on him again. After The Miz schtick, I was hoping it was a matter of him being cut-off by The Miz, and they just didn't convey that properly (far as the promo was concerned).

THAT was meant to be a 'knockout blow'? It was lame, unfunny and all it did was make Cena come off as an insincere prick whose head you wanted to cave in.

And a tip for Miz; don't get so close to the camera, especially when you're trying to play tough. You just look like a kid trying to act like a wrestler in his You Tube video. Heck, he looks like a kid at the best of times, but when he got up close it just killed any sense of credibility he might have. He looks too young, way too young, to take seriously in any kind of role.

The Austin thing was fun and it made some sense out of making him the guest referee.

And a tip for Miz; don't gets so close to the camera, especially when you're trying to play tough. You just look like a kid trying to act like a wrestler in his You Tube video. Heck, he looks like a kid at the best of times, but when he got up close it just killed any sense of credibility he might have. He looks too young, way too young, to take seriously in any kind of role.

The Austin thing was fun and it made some sense out of making him the guest referee.

That was the feeling I got. He just sometimes comes across to me as a 5" kid in high school who goes to great lengths to get noticed... and even though he has the apparel , it still sticks out like a sore thumb to some.

Though wasn't that taken care of a bit after the second belt shot to Cena? At which point the camera was still at a normal close-up on Miz while the fan rushed the ring and was subsequently taken care of. Miz bent down and talked to Cena and everything, after which only when he sprung up to address The Rock, the close-up begun. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken all that time to take care of the fan... I figure what with Cena and Cole having similar close-ups throughout the show that it was genuinely the cameraman/producers' doing.

THAT was meant to be a 'knockout blow'? It was lame, unfunny and all it did was make Cena come off as an insincere prick whose head you wanted to cave in.

And a tip for Miz; don't get so close to the camera, especially when you're trying to play tough. You just look like a kid trying to act like a wrestler in his You Tube video. Heck, he looks like a kid at the best of times, but when he got up close it just killed any sense of credibility he might have. He looks too young, way too young, to take seriously in any kind of role.

That's the whole point to the Miz, though. If you listen to his explanations of what and who the Miz should be, it's pretty much what you listed.

- Diva-Dirt reported today that WWE has signed 22 year old Australian women's wrestler Tenille Tayla to a developmental deal.

still surprised WWE hasn't signed Jessie Mckay or Rayna von Tosh as they have more the typical WWE diva look.

I personally thought that The Miz portion of the show was pretty good and I enjoyed it when he hit the Peoples' Elbow. Having said that, the Cena bit beforehand was pretty weak up until he revealed the shirt. I quite liked the Rock's sattelite promo the week prior although it would have greatly benefitted from being in the ring.

That's the whole point to the Miz, though. If you listen to his explanations of what and who the Miz should be, it's pretty much what you listed.

Miz would make a great manager because he can talk, but putting him in the ring against anyone, top guys especially, is like when they put Heenan against the Warrior; nice for a laugh but nothing to really care about. There is no physical role for Miz that I can take seriously because there is nothing about him to take seriously. Like someone else said, he's that annoying kid at school who tries desperately to get people to notice him for anything, and when they do notice him they just laugh in his face at what a joke he is and then get on with their lives.

Miz would make a great manager because he can talk, but putting him in the ring against anyone, top guys especially, is like when they put Heenan against the Warrior; nice for a laugh but nothing to really care about. There is no physical role for Miz that I can take seriously because there is nothing about him to take seriously. Like someone else said, he's that annoying kid at school who tries desperately to get people to notice him for anything, and when they do notice him they just laugh in his face at what a joke he is and then get on with their lives.

See, i think that's just the IWC's preception of him.

To me, he's actually decent in the ring. Sure, he's a grappler/brawler but he's no worse to me than other M/E's over the year who could talk. I like his finisher, he has some decent set up moves, and he's really gotten his body into shape over the last two years.

When he started, I would have agreed with the above. Since he stepped it up post firing when he came back with short trunks, this is just lazy or biased analysis.

Not saying he's a technical superstar, But he has a decent set of moves, deosn't botch, and can tell a story with his in ring phsych. Plenty of guys his size have gotten by on less, and he continues to improve.

Witness that Lawler/Miz match from the last PPV. I thought that was going to be an epic disaster given LAwler's current ability, but Miz worked well, carried the king at times, and told a pretty good story.

It was no instant classic, but considering it was a 60 year old man who has 2 moves and they put on a 15 minute decent match where everyone was epecting an epic fail, some credit has to be given.

See, i think that's just the IWC's preception of him.

To me, he's actually decent in the ring. Sure, he's a grappler/brawler but he's no worse to me than other M/E's over the year who could talk. I like his finisher, he has some decent set up moves, and he's really gotten his body into shape over the last two years.

When he started, I would have agreed with the above. Since he stepped it up post firing when he came back with short trunks, this is just lazy or biased analysis.

Not saying he's a technical superstar, But he has a decent set of moves, deosn't botch, and can tell a story with his in ring phsych. Plenty of guys his size have gotten by on less, and he continues to improve.

Witness that Lawler/Miz match from the last PPV. I thought that was going to be an epic disaster given LAwler's current ability, but Miz worked well, carried the king at times, and told a pretty good story.

It was no instant classic, but considering it was a 60 year old man who has 2 moves and they put on a 15 minute decent match where everyone was epecting an epic fail, some credit has to be given.

I think he meant the baby face/lack of imposing physique.

- Diva-Dirt reported today that WWE has signed 22 year old Australian women's wrestler Tenille Tayla to a developmental deal.

still surprised WWE hasn't signed Jessie Mckay or Rayna von Tosh as they have more the typical WWE diva look.

Jessie McKay has the typical diva look? I guess I'd go with Jennifer Blake before either of those two in terms of "diva" look.

It's his face, it's his look, it's everything about him. There is absolutely nothing Miz can do, when presented as a proper wrestler, that I can take seriously. Everything about him comes off like he's that annoying little kid in school who wants to be taken seriously by the bigger kids so he dresses like they do, acts like they do, talks like they do, and when they finally notice him they laugh at how pathetic and lame he is and then go back to something that matters.

It's not an 'IWC' thing it's just how I feel about Miz. Obviously, there are people who think more highly of him, but for me, he's just a joke in every sense of the word.

It's his face, it's his look, it's everything about him. There is absolutely nothing Miz can do, when presented as a proper wrestler, that I can take seriously. Everything about him comes off like he's that annoying little kid in school who wants to be taken seriously by the bigger kids so he dresses like they do, acts like they do, talks like they do, and when they finally notice him they laugh at how pathetic and lame he is and then go back to something that matters.

It's not an 'IWC' thing it's just how I feel about Miz. Obviously, there are people who think more highly of him, but for me, he's just a joke in every sense of the word.

Thats a pretty harsh assessment

I mean..it's not like the guy is a cruiserweight. He's around 6' 240 and is no smaller than guys like Jericho or Christian physically.

I know he's presented as a cowardly heel, but it's not like someone has to completely suspend their disbelief to see him as an athlete

Why does he need to be? Not every worker has to be 6'5 250.

Espically for a heel playing the sneaky, coniving narcasist.

I feel like miz is just screwed with a large percentage of the IWC because he hasent got a knockout look or alternatively isn't a plucky internet darling and they are pissed he made it.

Luckly we make up a small percentage of wrestling fans, and I think for the most part miz is pretty over heel heat wise. Dunno if he een can be a face, seems to be a natural heel.

Well I mean that's your personal assessment, I think the reality of the situation and his heel heat + the growing percentage of people who appreciate his work completely disagree with your assesme t that he's some Midgard mullet who the front office is pushing despite the fans wishes.

He connects with the crowd, so he can't be as complete useless as your trying to make out.

Why does he need to be? Not every worker has to be 6'5 250.

Espically for a heel playing the sneaky, coniving narcasist.

I feel like miz is just screwed with a large percentage of the IWC because he hasent got a knockout look or alternatively isn't a plucky internet darling and they are pissed he made it.

Luckly we make up a small percentage of wrestling fans, and I think for the most part miz is pretty over heel heat wise. Dunno if he een can be a face, seems to be a natural heel.

I agree with most of that, but I think he could be a face pretty easily

I mean..if you followed along with Mike during his Reality TV days, he's not some actor or former athlete who saw wrestling as a career move. He LOVES pro wrestling. LOVES it.

You run some videos of him wearing ring gear as a kid ...the same way guys like Edge and Christian and Jericho did...a guy who literally fought his way into living his dream job...and you could get him over as a face. The fact that he has a catchphrase the crowd can follow along with makes it even easier.