The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Perhaps it has something to do with the deal Dixie Carter and TNA negotiated for with WWE so Flair could appear for his HOF induction. I believe she said they received or are going to receive something for Flair's appearance. Maybe this is part of it, or they are simply going to finally give us a Sting dvd.

Perhaps it has something to do with the deal Dixie Carter and TNA negotiated for with WWE so Flair could appear for his HOF induction. I believe she said they received or are going to receive something for Flair's appearance. Maybe this is part of it, or they are simply going to finally give us a Sting dvd.

Oh yeah that's right, she said something big was coming soon...

Big is over stating it but it would raise eyebrows she said. ( I immediately went into dream mode of course, eyebrow raised means Rock in TNA! lol.) Like the fact that Sting is getting the acknowledgement and it can only really benefit both companies.

BTW job opening at WWE that some of our board writers and others may want to check out:

http://wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*E4214F878373E462

I would love that job!

Probably would get the elbow shortly thereafter for trying to "change" too much.

First suggestion: "You know that stuff you used to call tag team wrestling? Why don't we bring that back and make it important again? You know the young high-flyers? Shouldn't we have a division that capitalises on their strengths and present it in a way that doesn't make it come across as an afterthought? What door? Yeah, I see it. Why would it hit me in the ass on the way ou- SLAM!!!!!!!!"

I would love that job!

Probably would get the elbow shortly thereafter for trying to "change" too much.

First suggestion: "You know that stuff you used to call tag team wrestling? Why don't we bring that back and make it important again? You know the young high-flyers? Shouldn't we have a division that capitalises on their strengths and present it in a way that doesn't make it come across as an afterthought? What door? Yeah, I see it. Why would it hit me in the ass on the way ou- SLAM!!!!!!!!"

I really doubt they would slam the door in anyone's face that has legitimate ideas on how to enhance the product. From what I understand, if it makes money, they will allow it. Something you have to make sure it does, and to be honest, I see all the negatives brought up in prior posts about tag teams, that would make your first act pretty hard to show them anything worth keeping you around.

Now, if you get them noticed as a singles wrestler that just happens to be in a tag team with another singles wrestler.... You might be on to something.

I totally hate writing, and I wouldn't be able to pull any of that off. Someone that can dig into the characters, and get them noticed with words, just might be able to though.

Well you do have to live close to Stamford. I'm within 'reasonable driving distance' so I'm good, but I imagine most on the boards are not, sadly.

Meh one can move can't one? Lol. Netherlands here and thinking of applying.

Good luck.

When I was a senior in college (Back in 2000, man do I feel old.), I applied for a P.A. job for there and NBC. I never heard anything back from either of them but that was what I was expecting anyways. As the old saying goes, “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

Just so people know though, in case they get misled by discussion... This isn't a "creative" job, but I guess you could think of it as a step in the right direction. Reading it, looks like you basically make happen what creative wants.

The key part of it is: Production/ Television experience preferred. You might as well switch preferred with required.

The key part of it is: Production/ Television experience preferred. You might as well switch preferred with required.

Putting together promo packages, writing promos for characters, etc. All part of the process after creative says what they want to happen.

I see it like this: You have the people, probably people that been in the business for years, that don't write, don't do anything but sit around and talk about what they want to happen with this character and that character, and what other characters should be involved. You then, take what they tell you and put it on paper, package it up, etc.

The one plus I see is the fact that you get to write. The only problem I see with that is I doubt anyone can write great for everyone, and your going to have to save your best for the people they want to end up looking best/standing out. I can see you sneaking some great things in for the right people though, if you can actually achieve it.

That sounds a little weird that it would say Production/Television experience preferred because to me it SHOULD say Required. I couldn't apply even if I wanted to though because while I have the Production/Television experience that they would need I don't have a bachelors degree only an AAS so I am out.:(

You have real world experience though, so that might work to your advantage.

What you can't drive from Minnesota to Connecticut everyday?:D

Okay no more off topic talk from me.

lol that would be insane, and damn dude you replied to my post quick because I deleted it after I posted it because it was meant more as a joke than anything else and yeah so now you quoted something from one of my posts that doesn't exist anymore so it looks weird.

I really doubt they would slam the door in anyone's face that has legitimate ideas on how to enhance the product. From what I understand, if it makes money, they will allow it. Something you have to make sure it does, and to be honest, I see all the negatives brought up in prior posts about tag teams, that would make your first act pretty hard to show them anything worth keeping you around.

Now, if you get them noticed as a singles wrestler that just happens to be in a tag team with another singles wrestler.... You might be on to something.

I totally hate writing, and I wouldn't be able to pull any of that off. Someone that can dig into the characters, and get them noticed with words, just might be able to though.

If WWE can't see the value in good tag team wrestling; something which has seen some of the company's best matches, I think something is seriously wrong. Besides, you wouldn't go into a job like that and expect to start putting ideas into practice. You would have to be ingratiated into the company for a fair while before they would consider listening to any suggestions I would guess.

On the requirements, I do have a BA in Media Studies and scored high in both script writing and creative modules. Commuting would be a bit of a hassle though. :p

If WWE can't see the value in good tag team wrestling; something which has seen some of the company's best matches, I think something is seriously wrong. Besides, you wouldn't go into a job like that and expect to start putting ideas into practice. You would have to be ingratiated into the company for a fair while before they would consider listening to any suggestions I would guess.

On the requirements, I do have a BA in Media Studies and scored high in both script writing and creative modules. Commuting would be a bit of a hassle though. :p

Wouldn't it be worth it though if you could do it?

I've had two close friends and a cousin apply for, and in one case interview for a WWE entry level job somewhat similar to this. My guess would be that the job is for an extremely low amount of money. My cousin claimed that they were looking to pay $19,000 a year for an entry level position operating cameras for them.

I've had two close friends and a cousin apply for, and in one case interview for a WWE entry level job somewhat similar to this. My guess would be that the job is for an extremely low amount of money. My cousin claimed that they were looking to pay $19,000 a year for an entry level position operating cameras for them.

That $19,000 doesn't count the free dinner and lunches they get, hotel, or traveling costs though does it? Because it would make sense outside of all of that.

On tag teams, what I mean is I can understand that "TWO" single stars make more money then a "2-man" tag team would. I guess what you would have to do is prove that it's worth the investment over time and if done properly it "could" have as much monetary value as two individual performers... My thoughts are "Easier said then done" however.

I would love to see someone from here apply for a job there, and actually get it. Would love to get in on some actual discussions if possible, help with the job at hand (writing and whatever), etc... IF you got the job, I would definitely be rooting very hard for anything you did!

Wouldn't it be worth it though if you could do it?

Depends on what type of transmuting he is doing... "House Of The Rising Sun" makes me think he would need to do some real soul searching first, weighing all pro's and con's.

Another thing is, it seems as though they are talking about the person actually going out on the road as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have to set half the stuff up as well.