The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

The best part in Impact Wrestling debut episode on Pop was James Storm's "s*ck it" taunt after his promo, which I assume was meant for Triple H, but other than that the show was average at best and, unfortunately, I didn't saw anything why I should watch it next week... :(

So, I just saw a major Impact spoiler on NoDQ, and oooooooo-wee, I knew it was all too good to be true...we are back to square one. Or square none, there was pretty much nothing before, and now as they were building something good they crap on it again. At least they could have waited a few months...

So, as every year, my resolution is to try to get back into wrestling and so I watched TNA Impact and thought it was a really average show.

Some random thoughts:

- I didn't like the main event, I felt like it had no flow to it. Hilarious how everyone on tv was able to see ECIII calling the finishing sequence. It's a taped show (even though they continuously said "we're live on POP"), just take another camera angle so that the viewers can't see ECIII whipering in Matt's ear. However, I thought it was pretty cool that Jeff Hardy and ECIII's "bodyguard" (forgot his name) agreed to leave the ringside area. Made the match feel more important.

- I thought the knockout's match was terrible and pretty sloppy. Yes, Gail Kim seems to be a good worker, but she alone couldn't save the match. At one point, one of the women made the tag to her partner through the top and middle rope - wtf?

- Maybe that's how it is these days, but all the dialogues were so artificial. I had to laugh when Matt Hardy talked to his wife/girl-friend backstage. No one talks to their partner in that way.

- They also totally spoilered the Beer Money reunion. When Eric Young ran in, you could already hear the beer bottle opening and one of the announcers actually said "wrong cue". I assume that's what LOLTNA is about?

- And yeah, "2006 is my year". Well, too bad you're six years too late. :D

So, I just saw a major Impact spoiler on NoDQ, and oooooooo-wee, I knew it was all too good to be true...we are back to square one. Or square none, there was pretty much nothing before, and now as they were building something good they crap on it again. At least they could have waited a few months...

All you do is hate on TNA. I doubt its that bad, I am going to avoid the spoilers and wait to watch it on TV.

So, as every year, my resolution is to try to get back into wrestling and so I watched TNA Impact and thought it was a really average show.

Some random thoughts:

- I didn't like the main event, I felt like it had no flow to it. Hilarious how everyone on tv was able to see ECIII calling the finishing sequence. It's a taped show (even though they continuously said "we're live on POP"), just take another camera angle so that the viewers can't see ECIII whipering in Matt's ear. However, I thought it was pretty cool that Jeff Hardy and ECIII's "bodyguard" (forgot his name) agreed to leave the ringside area. Made the match feel more important.

- I thought the knockout's match was terrible and pretty sloppy. Yes, Gail Kim seems to be a good worker, but she alone couldn't save the match. At one point, one of the women made the tag to her partner through the top and middle rope - wtf?

- Maybe that's how it is these days, but all the dialogues were so artificial. I had to laugh when Matt Hardy talked to his wife/girl-friend backstage. No one talks to their partner in that way.

- They also totally spoilered the Beer Money reunion. When Eric Young ran in, you could already hear the beer bottle opening and one of the announcers actually said "wrong cue". I assume that's what LOLTNA is about?

- And yeah, "2006 is my year". Well, too bad you're six years too late. :D

Six years?

I think you mean ten :p

Thats how I look at it, it looks differently on spoilers than it does TV. I think they could of waited a bit longer to do it.

That is pretty much my main issue with what is going to happen...they rush stuff just for the shock value and it wears down really fast because of that. Had they done this "swerve" at say, Bound for Glory or a major show like that, I would not be criticizing it.

So I loved the world title series, gave everyone some air time.

EC3 wins the title, ok a bit weird without Tyrus but made him look good.

Then they built up Matt Hardy to be this family man and win it for his family and to do it clean. He has outside interference to win the title.

Matt Hardy is massively in decline.

It was just like....ergh.

Spoiler: Explain to me how EC3 is supposed to be their "franchise" player the face of the company if you will and he's gotten two title reigns that are just ove r a combined three months. On top of that if you wanted to turn EC3 face and you for whatever reason want Matt Hardy as your champion (why?) why not do this in the first place?