The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

caught up on the last month of TNA, better than I thought it would be, but still far from great. Maybe a C or C+ in TEW terms.

Absolutely cannot buy into the guy that's the X-division champ right now, looks like I homeless bum that I could beat up. Even less believable and more lame than Uno. The Hardy spot was boring and did not add anything. Good to see Pope in the ring, they need popular characters and he could draw some interest back. Al was ok, but if feel like it's an overplayed story.

Also I checked on GFW to see if they are still a thing since I'd heard they had no shows scheduled months ago. They appear pretty busy and had some shows overseas. What size would they be in TEW terms? They seem to have more exposure than I realized, but yet no TV (aside from what appears to be a deal to have some talent featured on TNA) that I'm aware of and are still very young.

Also, in regards to the outdated title lineup, I think it's matched with the aired episodes. Not when the actual event happened. Trying to avoid TV spoilers is my guess.

Also I checked on GFW to see if they are still a thing since I'd heard they had no shows scheduled months ago. They appear pretty busy and had some shows overseas. What size would they be in TEW terms?

Medium level regional, probably. I would even say maybe high level regional, but definitely not cult yet.

Good episode this week. Still not into The Decay but EC3 vs Bennet is stealing the show. EC3's devil line was fantastic, two very good workers make for a fun feud. I don't get why Lashley is looking like a jacked tennis player though.

Edit: Also TNA need to start building towards one event like NXT.

WARNING: Rant

I honestly am sick to my stomach on reading TNA YouTube comments. These people (who are probably 8 year olds that have no idea what they're even talking about when they don't even spell the simplest word correctly) spew all this negativity. I don't think I've ever seen one positive comment about TNA on their YouTube videos. You know what? I love TNA. Crap on me all you want, but it's true and I'm damn proud. I've been a loyalist to them ever since 2011. Sure they've had their ups and downs, but I've stuck by them. Impact is currently the only wrestling I watch weekly and I find myself satisfied greatly after each and every show. TNA has given me some of my fondest moments of being a wrestling fan. I want them to thrive. No one is a true wrestling fan if they wish for a company to die. You should appreciate all wrestling. Not saying you have to watch it, but wrestling is still wrestling and a real fan should want all wrestling to thrive. Not only that but people don't think about everyone who would be out of jobs. Ever since their debut on POP, TNA has had some of their best shows since I started watching. Their promos are a hell of a lot stronger that WWE's right now, especially the recent Galloway/Lashley segments. While the wrestling isn't five stars, neither is WWE, hell I find it hard to come across amazing wrestling in general. I'm loving the product right now. I love Jeff. Always have and always will. Drew is a really good babyface champion, and he's got that look and the charisma. The title just looks right on him. Lashley has been built up recently to look like an unstoppable bad ass which I love. EC3 IS MAKING MEMES (and still looks really strong in defeat.) I absolutely love Big Money Matt's character. They're pushing Mike Bennett hard and capitalizing on his win over EC3. Storm is without a partner, but when Longnecks & Rednecks hit tonight I marked out. Hopefully he'll get another singles run and possibly the proper World Title reign he always deserved. While the second Willow is obviously Matt, I think the story is freaking cool. Jeff showed a lot of anger and intensity in that backstage promo tonight which I loved. Sure TNA's made mistakes and lost some stars in the past, but they are still doing great things. Been around for 14 years now, and I strongly believe they'll be around for another 14+.

It's a shame that TNA fans just can't seem to praise their favourite wrestling promotion without taking digs at another.

I think your talking about Dave not me but to be fair so do WWE fans, LU fans, ROH fans, NJPW fans, One Direction fans. Its just a thing that happens.

WARNING: Rant

I honestly am sick to my stomach on reading TNA YouTube comments. These people (who are probably 8 year olds that have no idea what they're even talking about when they don't even spell the simplest word correctly) spew all this negativity. I don't think I've ever seen one positive comment about TNA on their YouTube videos. You know what? I love TNA. Crap on me all you want, but it's true and I'm damn proud. I've been a loyalist to them ever since 2011. Sure they've had their ups and downs, but I've stuck by them. Impact is currently the only wrestling I watch weekly and I find myself satisfied greatly after each and every show. TNA has given me some of my fondest moments of being a wrestling fan. I want them to thrive. No one is a true wrestling fan if they wish for a company to die. You should appreciate all wrestling. Not saying you have to watch it, but wrestling is still wrestling and a real fan should want all wrestling to thrive. Not only that but people don't think about everyone who would be out of jobs. Ever since their debut on POP, TNA has had some of their best shows since I started watching. Their promos are a hell of a lot stronger that WWE's right now, especially the recent Galloway/Lashley segments. While the wrestling isn't five stars, neither is WWE, hell I find it hard to come across amazing wrestling in general. I'm loving the product right now. I love Jeff. Always have and always will. Drew is a really good babyface champion, and he's got that look and the charisma. The title just looks right on him. Lashley has been built up recently to look like an unstoppable bad ass which I love. EC3 IS MAKING MEMES (and still looks really strong in defeat.) I absolutely love Big Money Matt's character. They're pushing Mike Bennett hard and capitalizing on his win over EC3. Storm is without a partner, but when Longnecks & Rednecks hit tonight I marked out. Hopefully he'll get another singles run and possibly the proper World Title reign he always deserved. While the second Willow is obviously Matt, I think the story is freaking cool. Jeff showed a lot of anger and intensity in that backstage promo tonight which I loved. Sure TNA's made mistakes and lost some stars in the past, but they are still doing great things. Been around for 14 years now, and I strongly believe they'll be around for another 14+.

Not going to crap on you. Your opinion is your opinion, but just because people don't agree with your opinion, doesn't automatically make them children.

It's a shame you didn't watch it in the earlier years because it was amazing. It was an alternative to WWE, it had it's own style, it's own identity and it worked. It didn't try to emulate WWE as much as it does now. It isn't an alternative, it's just the same product WWE produce but with less audience. They have the best roster they have had in a long while, but still they just go to "Matt vs. Jeff Hardy" that WWE gave fans about 10 years ago. I like Mike Bennett, ECIII and Drew Galloway (not seen any of their TNA work apart from ECIII) and hopefully they do push those 3 as the top guys in the company. I don't care about either Hardy brother or Bobby Lashley and I'd guess they'll be the focus of the shows which doesn't interest me even remotely.

I must admit, I've not watched TNA in about a year - maybe more, so if their product has improved, great, unfortunately I've seen the best "side" of TNA and they will never replicate that enjoyment for me they once did. I don't want the company to "die", but I've no interest in watching the product they are producing either. Maybe when they bring back a decent X-Division.

I'll just say (so as to put something positive in), some of my favourite matches from TNA were Kurt Angle against Desmond Wolfe in 2009 (?), the steel cage match between America's Most Wanted Vs Triple X in 2004 (how can you not shout "Holy you know what" at THAT point in the match), and if you've never seen it, I suggest you watch Christopher Daniels Vs AJ Styles Vs Samoa Joe at Unbreakable 2005 because in my humble opinion that is my favourite ever TNA match. I may be in the minority but 2004-2007 was probably the best time for TNA, with parts of 2008 and 2009 being pretty entertaining.

Not going to crap on you. Your opinion is your opinion, but just because people don't agree with your opinion, doesn't automatically make them children.

It's a shame you didn't watch it in the earlier years because it was amazing. It was an alternative to WWE, it had it's own style, it's own identity and it worked. It didn't try to emulate WWE as much as it does now. It isn't an alternative, it's just the same product WWE produce but with less audience. They have the best roster they have had in a long while, but still they just go to "Matt vs. Jeff Hardy" that WWE gave fans about 10 years ago. I like Mike Bennett, ECIII and Drew Galloway (not seen any of their TNA work apart from ECIII) and hopefully they do push those 3 as the top guys in the company. I don't care about either Hardy brother or Bobby Lashley and I'd guess they'll be the focus of the shows which doesn't interest me even remotely.

I must admit, I've not watched TNA in about a year - maybe more, so if their product has improved, great, unfortunately I've seen the best "side" of TNA and they will never replicate that enjoyment for me they once did. I don't want the company to "die", but I've no interest in watching the product they are producing either. Maybe when they bring back a decent X-Division.

I'll just say (so as to put something positive in), some of my favourite matches from TNA were Kurt Angle against Desmond Wolfe in 2009 (?), the steel cage match between America's Most Wanted Vs Triple X in 2004 (how can you not shout "Holy you know what" at THAT point in the match), and if you've never seen it, I suggest you watch Christopher Daniels Vs AJ Styles Vs Samoa Joe at Unbreakable 2005 because in my humble opinion that is my favourite ever TNA match. I may be in the minority but 2004-2007 was probably the best time for TNA, with parts of 2008 and 2009 being pretty entertaining.

I couldn't agree more with you on TNA. I used to watch it back when they did the weekly PPVs for $10 and loved watching guys like Jerry Lynn, Team Canada, The Flying Elvis's and my personal favorite 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown. TNA back from about 2003/04 til 2009, (before Hogan came in and in my opinion ruined the company) was some of the best wrestling I had watched in a very long time. To me it rivaled WCW in it's heyday and I was really happy to have something other than the big bad WWE to watch.

I really think it went downhill fast after Hogan came in and started trying to go head to head with WWE and that is all most people remember, they look at TNA as this "WWE wannabe" and forget that it actually used to be great and had it's own identity.

I see your points and I respect them, they're very fair and reasonable. To each their own for everybody's opinion. Oh and just to clarify, I wasn't saying people telling TNA to die are children, I'm saying it because they haven't the slightest clue on how to even spell. And if someone just continuously spams TNA on YouTube telling them to die, it's a dead giveaway on they have nothing else better to do.

I really think it went downhill fast after Hogan came in and started trying to go head to head with WWE and that is all most people remember, they look at TNA as this "WWE wannabe" and forget that it actually used to be great and had it's own identity.

Yes. This times a thousand. I remember saying to my friend that TNA was going to start to suck when they made the announcement that Hogan signed with them. He countered by saying more eyeballs would be watching them, which was true but in the end the product went way downhill.

There have been moments where it has been good since then, for instance I was shocked at how good Bubba Ray was at playing the top heel, but those moments seem few and far between. This is a shame because I used to love TNA and I hat the fact that Vince seems to have the only viable company on a National scale.

Their show looks low budget (Because it probably is low budget) now and I find myself not knowing who half of the newer people are. Granted I only watch it sporadically but still I really have no desire to see Jeff vs. Matt (I was never a fan of them) or anything with Eli Drake involved.

Though I do like Abyss' group.

TNA was my favorite promotion when it was an actual alternative to WWE. I was rooting for it, and was psyched when they announced the "second Monday Night Wars". However, as soon as that started, they turned into a second rate WWE, and I have wavered in and out of watching it. I think that it is great they have huge fans still, and I would never wish for them to go out of business, but I have a bitter taste in my mouth from them.

Heck, I remember I purchased WrestleMania 25 and that year's Bound For Glory on PPV, and I thought (and still do to this day) that BfG was ten times better than WM that year, with the Monster's Ball match between Abyss and Foley, Sting vs AJ, Ultimate X and Full Metal Mayhem, my young wrestling fan mind was blown away. That's why I'm so sad, and it makes me sick to watch Impact now. It isn't bad, IMO, but it just isn't the alternative it once was.

Most of my visits to this thread have been to bash or complain about TNA in some manner. Never out of hate, but merely frustration (which may not make it any better, to be honest). Not my intent now. I can't comment on the current product much - I don't get the network they are on and I can't say I feel compelled to seek it out. I started watching wrestling again in mid 2008 and TNA was a refreshing alternative to the WWE. It was different. Imperfect, but I liked the differences. The problems with it got frustrating, and just grew after the whole Hogan/Bischoff debacle. I had pretty much given up on watching regularly by the time Dixie Carter was doing her best Vince McMahon and Jeff Hardy was the wasted figurehead. Every so often, I would read someone saying how good things were and would check it out again. Stuff like Bully Ray was pretty awesome, but it was always surrounded by more of the same crap that made it too frustrating to watch. Like BHK and Fleisch mentioned, Jeff vs Matt isn't exactly compelling to me.

Its cool that they seem to be headlining some guys who aren't WWE castoffs - or at least were never all that notable in the WWE. But it looks like their WWE talent fetish is hardly gone. I guess what I wish TNA would become doesn't matter because they will always be what they are.

Most of my visits to this thread have been to bash or complain about TNA in some manner. Never out of hate, but merely frustration (which may not make it any better, to be honest). Not my intent now. I can't comment on the current product much - I don't get the network they are on and I can't say I feel compelled to seek it out. I started watching wrestling again in mid 2008 and TNA was a refreshing alternative to the WWE. It was different. Imperfect, but I liked the differences. The problems with it got frustrating, and just grew after the whole Hogan/Bischoff debacle. I had pretty much given up on watching regularly by the time Dixie Carter was doing her best Vince McMahon and Jeff Hardy was the wasted figurehead. Every so often, I would read someone saying how good things were and would check it out again. Stuff like Bully Ray was pretty awesome, but it was always surrounded by more of the same crap that made it too frustrating to watch. Like BHK and Fleisch mentioned, Jeff vs Matt isn't exactly compelling to me.

Its cool that they seem to be headlining some guys who aren't WWE castoffs - or at least were never all that notable in the WWE. But it looks like their WWE talent fetish is hardly gone. I guess what I wish TNA would become doesn't matter because they will always be what they are.

When you think about it, though, it's hard, unless their from a homegrown dojo, for a company to have talent that isn't from another's. I'd say guys like Kurt, Jeff, RVD, Bully, Matt, Sting (WCW in his case), Drew, EC3, Lashley among others have been better utilized in TNA than their WWE run. If TNA is going to pick up a someone who's worked for WWE before, good for them. It's almost impossible for any company without a dojo to have their own talent. ROH for example. I don't hear anyone complaining how guys like Lethal are from TNA and such. I enjoyed TNA's run in 2011/2012 and maybe it's just me not having watched them in the past, but Hogan and Bischoff got them mainstream exposure, and relying strictly on TV quality, I thought the shows were great. *prepares to be crucified for saying that.* :p