The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Even if people don't like it....it still sets it apart from other promotions. Get rid of that...and they really have nothing. The Knockouts are really all TNA has that will set them apart from say the WWE. But I'm sure now that Hogan and Bischoff are running things we will see the Knockouts become Divas.

WCW all over again :(

Sure it sets them apart, but they could make all their wrestlers bark like dogs instead of talk and that would be different too.

The six sided ring has always looked amateur and has been mocked routinely. I can't wait for it to be gone. I also can't wait for them to improve the setups they use as cages and ultimate x bars. It all looks cheap.

Sure it sets them apart, but they could make all their wrestlers bark like dogs instead of talk and that would be different too.

The six sided ring has always looked amateur and has been mocked routinely. I can't wait for it to be gone. I also can't wait for them to improve the setups they use as cages and ultimate x bars. It all looks cheap.

Now I remember why I liked the six sided ring! The six sides of steel looked even more merciless then WWE's Hell in a Cell IMO. Please, the six sides must remain! The six sides of steel is one of my favorite parts to TNA! If they take it away, Lockdown won't be special anymore! :(

Yep but we will never know either way but starting the whole Hitman stuff after 12 years absence after Hogan announcement is just too much a coincidence for my taste. And you bashing TNA wouldn't be such a mystery if you weren't such a giant TNA hater.;)

Does anyone know how long the WWE and Hart were in negototations? I honestly don't and I don't know if that's ever been Assuming that they jumped at the Hogan announcement and rushed to get something done might not be accurate at all. The timing might have even been what was originally intended or hoped.

Is Hart coming back a big deal? Yeah, for most fans it was. One of the most "must see" guests hosts so far... well, maybe the only one. And while that resulted in the WWE putting on one of the best Raw's in awhile, this was not the WWE going all out. Not at all. Yeah, they featured some good matches, but they were mostly ones that fit the storylines and thus moved things along. They didn't bring in talent from other brands (Jericho doesn't count in my mind). They didn' throw together random super-matches just for the sake of it. They didn't even bring in their top babyface from his night off (assuming it was planned well in advance rather than them just feeling they didn't need Cena, which is far more disrespectful). So to me, this was nowhere near "WWE all guns blazing". I doubt that would have resulted in a better show, to be honest, but this was just them following the standard formula for the most part, with a notable guest host.

I heard rumors of Kendrick being in the Asylum match. Would have been a nice surprise, but I'd be better off forgetting that mess even happened.

But yeah, Londrick would be a great addition honestly disregarding the whole WWE reject argument. I've always wanted to see them vs. MCMG and now that the Young Bucks at in TNA too, that could be another fun match.

Don't care about the six sides either way as long as they keep the tighter ropes for the cooler spring boards imho. And yes now that they got marketing and mainstream attention and a very good number of stars next on the list should be a better production crew and quality (apart from RVD and Kennedy lol.)

Just saw the AJ vs Angle match, great match to bad about the commercial, the run in was fun with Angle chasing him off rare to see that. Flair showing up why and what did it do? Reminded me of Tazz showing up and somehow giving Joe the power to get out of the Scorpion. With AJ in this case getting out of the grapevine lock.

I agree too many Finishers used given the amount of time the match had. Especially the grapevine lock, super angle slam and Styles Clash where somewhat devalued but not too greatly imho. Enjoyed the hell out of the match. "Who needs Bret" chant lol. Dam high octane and quality match.

Hogan promo and cliffhanger ending with all the interactions was cool. Coulda used some Beautifull boobies though.:p

Overall after seeing both RAW had almost no flaws and was an all around good show with great production but not as epic as I had hoped with Bret or overall.

Impact was way way too busy and some weird/faulty booking as always but dam was it more exciting and had the better matches in the end.

Lets see where this all moves on as Impact leaves us with a lot of questions big and small and too many and RAW leaves us with one big question.

In the end the winner is/will be us the fans!! Say it loud! I love wrestling and I am proud!

Edit: I don't think changing it would make people stop watching but the current one apparently stops some people from doing so, so from a business standpoint why not. And also in some respects I have read it actually limits moves etc as it is smaller then the E ring.

Yep but we will never know either way but starting the whole Hitman stuff after 12 years absence after Hogan announcement is just too much a coincidence for my taste. And you bashing TNA wouldn't be such a mystery if you weren't such a giant TNA hater.;)

Haha I guess calling out completely obvious cheerleading makes me an auto-hater? Seriously, where do you get off? I actually liked some of what I saw of the show, in that train-wreck, these guys need practice, what the hell is going to go wrong now sort of way. It's unpredictable, and that's a good thing. So seriously, stop for just a minute in your pro-TNA trolling and THINK about the things you post. You didn't ask for an opinion, because you don't want a conversation. I'm sure you're aware of the problems TNA has, but calling people that point out their issues a hater just makes your opinion infinitely less valuable on any topic. If you're not interested in conversation, and if you think any criticism at all is bashing, don't contribute. Just put your fingers in your ears and keep your comments to yourself. But I don't need to be told what I like based on an objective post I make in response to blind fanboy-ism.

Wait...lol...people actually like the six sided ring? Seriously?

I think that's one of the worst parts of TNA lol.

I concur, which is odd because I dug the hell out of the six sided ring when Toryumon guys were using it in Mexico. TNA just had it to be different and it took a couple years for guys to learn how to use it. And by use it I mean ignore it and work around how crappy it is.

I feel so out of the loop not seeing WWE or TNA as it sounds like a huge night of insanity and WTFness. I guess I'll have some downloading to do.

Wow. I didn't even know that they were dating.

They have been for quite some time now.. back when it was Kazarian, Bentley and Traci as a team.. They were dating when Kaz was in WWE even.

I hope everything goes well for them. They are a very low-key quiet type couple.

Also, Christy Hemme got engaged over the Christmas break. If you didn't know.

Word is going around that last night's live 3-hour edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a 1.5 average cable rating for the entire show. At this time, ratings data is not available for the individual hours or quarter hours, but it will be released shortly.

WWE RAW did a 3.37 which is not good at all for Bret Hart's return. More shortly.

1.5 dont seem high but for TNA and on a monday its damn good and high

Let not forget TNA went head to head with the Fiesta Bowl