The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

just had a random thought earlier today.. but it, for me at least, is a poor thing for TNA..

hopefully this is easy to follow...

a brand new fan tunes into TNA (this fan doesnt use the internet for Wrestling and has never seen or heard of any wrestling company ever).. the new fan enjoys TNA and begins to watch it.. but TNA keeps mentioning this WWE, so the new fan checks out WWE and begins to watch that as well.. which he likes better is irrelevant, its TNA pointing out the competition to its fans thats the problem..

on the flip side, a brand new fan tunes into WWE.. all that is talked about is the WWE.. this fan has no idea what TNA is and has no inclination to find it.. this fan stays with WWE and only WWE unless he goes out of his way to find an alternative on the internet (or another TV Channel)..

my point, WWE doesnt advertise its competition.. TNA does.. not really sure whether this can lead to a discussion is just the random thoughts of myself.. and as a disclaimer.. no Im not anti-TNA or 'bashing' TNA.. I just had the random thought and believed it was worth noting as a downside of TNA's business plan..

I agree TNA mention WWE WAYYYY to much. Just like Hogan likes to bring up Vince McMahon alot.

Even when WWE takes the odd shot at TNA they are never mentioned by name lol

This is one thing I have to give TNA credit for. They work with Youtbue. Its great promotion for your show and really its gonna be on there no matter what. Do you want some fan boys that don't work for you and have no idea how you want your company representing it for you? Or do you want to take control of your own representation to a giant internet community. They do a great job of getting things up on youtube as well as their website, the WWE for all their media marketing greatness falls down horribly both on their site and on things such as Youtube when it comes to this sort of thing.

Forgot to mention the awesome fact that TNA has a very large collection of their best matches hosted on Youtube as well. For those people that haven't seen them or don't know much of TNA's history.

So who do you think will be the surprise TNA debut/redebut on Genesis? My ods

Ken Anderson: 75%

Goldberg: 15%

RVD: 9.999999999%

Leslie, Macho Man, Rock, Austin, Lesnar, DDP: Sharing the rest.

Heres my odds

Ken Anderson: 60%

Lesnar: 35%

The Rock: 15%

RVD: 10% (Due to prior comentments)

I would put Lensar at somewhere below 0 percent chance. Unless he's released from his UFC contract, I cannot imagine them possibly allowing it, even if Spike was requesting them to do it to help out TNA. Plus, Lesnar hasn't exactly tried to play up his pro wrestling past.

Kennedy, with a slim chance of being RvD.

While Mr./Ken Anderson seems like the best bet, with RVD as an outsider... didn't TNA say it would be a BIG surprise, eg. a big name? While I'm not saying those two doesn't have name value, I must admit that I'm hoping for someone bigger... I mean, they're going up against the likes of Hogan, Flair and Jeff Hardy in name value... can those two really do that?

Given that TNA is now the new WCW, I could see Goldberg showing up if Easy E and Hogan has convinced them to splash out the big cash. Maybe Sid Vicious as an outsider.

First off..guys..this adds up to 120%.

Not 110.

Heres my odds

Ken Anderson: 60%

Lesnar: 35%

The Rock: 15%

RVD: 10% (Due to prior comentments)

Secondly, having Lesnar and Rock on this list is f'n ridiculous. RVD would be a cool debut. Kennedy would be ok.

The one debut that I think is actually possible that would garner some attention would be Goldberg

(Of course, as I've seen before, TNA should be figuring out what to do with their roster instead of constantly adding and then having workers stuck in limbo)

15% for The Rock? Seriously?

I would bet everything that I own that The Rock will not be on Genesis.

Yea its a good chance that he will not but just the concept of him turning down WWE for this weeks hosting job and him liveing in Florida it would be easy for him to wrestle + make movies.

Edit: as for Lesnar I was thinking maybe spike or TNA could fork over enough cash to UFC to get White ok with the deal for thats say 6 dates to wrestle and may 4 more to appear on screen

First off..guys..this adds up to 120%.

Not 110.

Secondly, having Lesnar and Rock on this list is f'n ridiculous. RVD would be a cool debut. Kennedy would be ok.

The one debut that I think is actually possible that would garner some attention would be Goldberg

(Of course, as I've seen before, TNA should be figuring out what to do with their roster instead of constantly adding and then having workers stuck in limbo)

Yeah lol it's late here for me as well I forgot to count RVD.

While Mr./Ken Anderson seems like the best bet, with RVD as an outsider... didn't TNA say it would be a BIG surprise, eg. a big name? While I'm not saying those two doesn't have name value, I must admit that I'm hoping for someone bigger... I mean, they're going up against the likes of Hogan, Flair and Jeff Hardy in name value... can those two really do that?

Given that TNA is now the new WCW, I could see Goldberg showing up if Easy E and Hogan has convinced them to splash out the big cash. Maybe Sid Vicious as an outsider.

Sid is quite tall isn't he lolz. Ad him to my list of rest percenters.

Yknow..if they did..they didn't do it in a way to drive the point home. Because I honestly can't recall.

Me either... I cant remember it at all... just them talking about the new monday night wars.... well, it's not a war if you just shoot once and retreat...

Seems like they dropped the ball with the communication.

Yeah they just showed one ad mentioning their normal time if I remember correctly, mad fumble on their part. Although anyone really interested can just look for their website. Still dumb not to mention it multiple times as it would just take a sec. On moving to Monday's its really Spike's and Viacom's decision and as it is more targeted against USA then RAW it will also matter how much UFC will cut into RAW's rating tonight if at all. Was dumb for them not to do a show and just a replay on Thursday though seeing as the PPV is so close already. (Or moved the ppv date.)

I know that... I've watched it from the start... but my friends who just started watching again last week... they didnt. I'm sure there's a ton of new viewers who are in the same spot.

Oh ok I missunderstood you but yea they didnt push the point last week about what time or what day to watch it

Yea its a good chance that he will not but just the concept of him turning down WWE for this weeks hosting job and him liveing in Florida it would be easy for him to wrestle + make movies.

Edit: as for Lesnar I was thinking maybe spike or TNA could fork over enough cash to UFC to get White ok with the deal for thats say 6 dates to wrestle and may 4 more to appear on screen

Be realistic about Lesnar for a second. The UFC is a very profitable promotion. Lesnar is one of their two most bankable and reliable stars based on his PPV drawing power (at a time when drawing power is at a premium for the UFC), plus he's a dominant champion. He's coming off a career-threatening illness. Factor in that it would be undoing all that Lesnar and the UFC have done to distance him from his pro wrestling past. How much is that worth to the UFC? Do you really think there's just a dollar value they can slap on that?

Sure, its fun to consider the possibility... but why not consider Triple H or John Cena walking out on the WWE to show up on TNA! Honestly, its about as realistic...

Be realistic about Lesnar for a second. The UFC is a very profitable promotion. Lesnar is one of their two most bankable and reliable stars based on his PPV drawing power (at a time when drawing power is at a premium for the UFC), plus he's a dominant champion. He's coming off a career-threatening illness. Factor in that it would be undoing all that Lesnar and the UFC have done to distance him from his pro wrestling past. How much is that worth to the UFC? Do you really think there's just a dollar value they can slap on that?

Sure, its fun to consider the possibility... but why not consider Triple H or John Cena walking out on the WWE to show up on TNA! Honestly, its about as realistic...

quoted for truth...

And as crazy as the Lesnar scenario sounds once you explain it, The Rock is even less likely.

I agree Lesnar is unlikly, as for the rock he is more likly than lesnar and were all probly wrong it will end up being some one like Horace Hogan, Nick Hogan, or Ed Leslie lol:eek: