The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

He was bigger than Christian in WWE when Christian came over.

Um, what? Christian was a 3 time IC Champ and 9 time tag team champion who was riding a big wave of momentum and was getting big reactions despite not getting a push the last six months of his first WWE run. Conversely, Kennedy won Money in the Bank in 2007, got hurt, went to Raw, feuded with HBK, got hurt, got suspended for wellness policy violations, was a terrible babyface, and got fired 7 months ago. So no, that's not just not true, that is DRASTICALLY untrue.

Hmm, Anderson have ring rust? I hope so, I remember him being better?

He seemed pretty dull in the ring. Really hurt the match.

And to Alden... I agree with your point, none of the moves that Anderson did seemed to have an impact on Abyss at all. When Styles feuded with Abyss, Styles shots on Abyss looked so much better and actually looked like they affected the big man, and Styles is smaller than Anderson.

The E missed on Burke. They missed HUGE on Morgan.

I can't believe they stuck him with a Stuttering gimmick when they were trying to "push" him. And Burke cold have been huge. The whole New Breed storyline would have been great if they manage to keep it going properly.

What's with all the Kennedy hate?

1. He was in NWA: TNA as Kamikaze Ken.

2. He was Mr. Anderson *before* he was Mr. Kennedy, in that same gimmick.

3. He's a blond guy, so he's a Holly? Awesome logic.

4. He's going to break AJ's neck? Sure, like the long list of others he's injured.... Oh wait! Cena injured himself, Orton wasn't injured at all. Holly and Benjamin specifically broke script and injured Kennedy.

So I have high hopes for Mr. Anderson in TNA. Much like Christian's defecture made me watch TNA back in November 2005, this will keep my eyes on TNA now, along with Pope, Wolfe and the MCMGs (Shelley was who I 'discovered' last time around).

He seemed pretty dull in the ring. Really hurt the match.

And to Alden... I agree with your point, none of the moves that Anderson did seemed to have an impact on Abyss at all. When Styles feuded with Abyss, Styles shots on Abyss looked so much better and actually looked like they affected the big man, and Styles is smaller than Anderson.

Wouldn't it be the job of the seller to make it look good?

Wouldn't it be the job of the seller to make it look good?

That's a good point. Though I think its a bit of both, the performance of certain moves can be performed weakly as well. I just think the match didn't really clikc between Anderson and Abyss.

Jeff hardy hasn't had anything to do with TNA since the January 4th episode right? I wouldn't bet money on him doing anything with them going forward.

Last I looked they haven't even bothered to put him or Shannon Moore on the roster page of the TNA Wrestling website.

That's a good point. Though I think its a bit of both, the performance of certain moves can be performed weakly as well. I just think the match didn't really clikc between Anderson and Abyss.

Very true. And I'd blame Anderson. He seemed... off. Not as crisp going move to move.

3. He's a blond guy, so he's a Holly? Awesome logic.

No. Because he's a blond guy with the bone structure. And the build. And the underwhelming personality. And the lack of anything terribly special in the ring. The only things that really set him apart from a Holly family member are the incredible lung capacity and his ability to hold his last name so long you could rescue people trapped in canyons with it. Wake me when his part is over.

No. Because he's a blond guy with the bone structure. And the build. And the underwhelming personality. And the lack of anything terribly special in the ring. The only things that really set him apart from a Holly family member are the incredible lung capacity and his ability to hold his last name so long you could rescue people trapped in canyons with it. Wake me when his part is over.

Watch his youtube stuff. You're wrong on that imho.

Watch his youtube stuff. You're wrong on that.

Dude, you're not going to sell me. I did see those. And out of character on Youtube, he may be great. But that stuff doesn't bear any relation to the personality he conveys on the job. The dude has never been able to make me care about a word he had to say when he was getting paid for it. You like the guy. I don't. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

The only way my perspective's going to change anytime soon is if he does himself by blowing my mind somehow. Short of that, he's probably going to have to craft a Tommy Dreamer/Team 3D type career and get the grizzled vet love from me somewhere around 2022.

Dude, you're not going to sell me. I did see those. And out of character on Youtube, he may be great. But that stuff doesn't bear any relation to the personality he conveys on the job. The dude has never been able to make me care about a word he had to say when he was getting paid for it. You like the guy. I don't. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

The only way my perspective's going to change anytime soon is if he does himself by blowing my mind somehow. Short of that, he's probably going to have to craft a Tommy Dreamer/Team 3D type career and get the grizzled vet love from me somewhere around 2022.

Ok. Agree to disagree. But I am hyped for TNA's roster right now.