The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

One on Pro Wrestling Insider which imo is the least unreliable source around. The band on thin ice was during a Bubba radio interview with Hogan. If he was shooting it seems Dixie and Spike really dislike them and Hogan dislikes Hall but he wants to bring real closure to the NWO storyline in TNA. I heard the show on Youtube ill see if I can dig it up.

Here is part one of three Peter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtLz-9VwOgw

Hogan also said the Foley punch was a shoot as it was scripted to be a shove hehe. Thanks Foley.

I'm never sure how much of that show is real and how much is work.

Actually, now that I'm listening to it: it's mostly work on this segment.

When you think about it, that can be appealing. Not knowing how much is legit or how much is a red herring - guess if you wanna know you gotta tune in - that's the idea anyway, though most just hate on it and act like they actually saw what they are hating on lol...which is a whole other topic of first hand hate or second hand sheep.

Who says Hogan's intent isn't exploiting. He isn't doing it for his own peace of mind its exploiting the idea of putting a definitive end to the whole thing instead of the fizzle out it got in WCW and WWE. If that is a good idea is a whole other matter.

I just recall have discussion with people when Hogan first came in and there was talk of Hall and Waltman coming in that Hogan/Bischoff were exploiting old ideas like the NWO because they couldn't move forward. It was argued that it wasn't living in the past or exploiting the NWO, but "bringing closure" because "that was necessary". It may not have been on here even, but I recall stating how I felt about an NWO-reunion in TNA back in late December even.

When you think about it, that can be appealing. Not knowing how much is legit or how much is a red herring - guess if you wanna know you gotta tune in - that's the idea anyway, though most just hate on it and act like they actually saw what they are hating on lol...which is a whole other topic of first hand hate or second hand sheep.

Bubba? You know we're talking about Bubba's radio show right?

I just recall have discussion with people when Hogan first came in and there was talk of Hall and Waltman coming in that Hogan/Bischoff were exploiting old ideas like the NWO because they couldn't move forward. It was argued that it wasn't living in the past or exploiting the NWO, but "bringing closure" because "that was necessary". It may not have been on here even, but I recall stating how I felt about an NWO-reunion in TNA back in late December even.

Don't think it was on here. Only thing I posted was that the visual on jan 4th was good with Hogan telling them those times where over. Expected them to get their rear ends handed to them next Impact and ride off in the sunset or at most at Genesis. Neither happened. Now they just need to go as their is already too much nostalgia and with Sting, Hogan and Flair they pretty much have the same fans covered especially if you just kept Nash.

Yep on the Bubba stuff thats why I typed If he was shooting should have noted that is a very big if though.

Don't think it was on here. Only thing I posted was that the visual on jan 4th was good with Hogan telling them those times where over. Expected them to get their rear ends handed to them next Impact and ride off in the sunset or at most at Genesis. Neither happened. Now they just need to go as their is already too much nostalgia and with Sting, Hogan and Flair they pretty much have the same fans covered especially if you just kept Nash.

Eh, my memory is getting muddled.

Even if Hall and Waltman had just been the one show, I still think it would have been exploitive and unnecessary. Much like the Nasty Boys being around, it seemed too much like Hogan and Nash getting their buddies one last pay day. Plus Hogan and Bischoff need to be looking foward, not backward, in my opinion. That is an aspect that has bothered me since the start of the regime. I'm not against a bit of nostalgia... but as you say, the likes of Hogan, Flair, and Sting has that aspect covered.

You know what would be awesome? If the Nasty Boys stayed in TNA, and feuded with Jay Lethal... who teams with, you guessed it, The Red and Yellow Monster, Abyss! I know Hogan doesn't want to do in-ring wrestling.. but he can manage! Macho Man Jay Lethal with a Retro 80's Mega Power Hogan would be enough to keep me tuned in. Nasty Boys vs. The Lethal Powers to start it off, because it would give Hogan an excuse to keep the sows around. And they're entertaining, I don't care what anyone says.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TNA has one of the best segments under the new regime in the Pope which I loved everything about

- Great mic work and if he was 2-4 inches taller WWE wouldnt have let him go

- Chelsea comes out, does a decent job, of course youre wondering where is this going?

- Wolfe coming out of the crowind, think oh crap!

- HOld this for a minute, boom kicks Wolfe out

- Kisses the girl then drops her! Awesome

Commerical break...

then you have the worst segment under the new regime with a guy coming down from the rafters wrapped in tape and just happens to have a couch all set up? Didn't even get a promo to explain crap? Should Dixie or HOgan be like, um you brother, you gotta move your couch backstage we dont want to orgy goin off on here brother.

Just unbelievable, things were going so well tonight too

As for my contritbution to TNA, I tune in! Dude I live in the UK, we don't get their PPV's on time or their TV shows on time, but we do get them for free. Just like we get most of WWE's PPV's free not that I watch any of them these days bar Wrestlemania. Point being I tune in and that's more than enough to know I'm doing my bit and recognizing their positive and few negatives with perspective because I pay attention unlike a lot of people....what about you my friend? What's your contribution besides negativity? Nothing I bet.

Ha! Um, I worked for Viacom. I did much of the travel for Spike (UFC and TNA events mainly but also the preproduction of 'Jesse James is a Dead Man' and several of the award shows, among others). I have UFC and TNA merch up the wazoo (much of it signed). I bought a lot of that stuff. Granted, some of the events I attended were work related (someone had to be there onsite to make itinerary changes and such) but a few of them weren't. Heck, there were two times I went to an event and wound up working, helping out a colleague (onsites aren't for everyone).

You see, you seem to be one of those people who thinks that anyone who states a dissenting opinion is just 'spouting negativity'. Sorry. I've seen the young guys (and girls) in TNA who bust their asses to put on the best show possible. I've seen Kia Stevens (Awesome Kong) sign autographs for two hours after Destination X in 2008 while Karen Angle turned her nose up at fans (said she was tired. WTF! YOU DIDN'T WRESTLE!). Yeah, I was there. I've seen how a lot of these young guys are DESPERATE to get (more) fans more into the product, while the old hands could really care less (they've made their money and their names, so who cares, right? :rolleyes:).

So excuse me if I think that those same young guys getting tossed aside so these old dudes can scoop up more cash and then leave when the money runs out (or is no longer being offered as liberally) is a bunch of (crap). Pardon me if the opinion that investing in your young talent NOW will pay dividends later is some kind of foreign concept to you.

Oh and by the way, I have a friend in Kent who gets stuff from the TNA Shop with no problems. If the only thing that keeps MCMG and Pope relevant to TNA management is their merch sales, at least I can say I contributed to that. Let's see, Taz's hoodie, Tara's t-shirt, 3 different AJ Styles t-shirts, Jeff Jarrett "The Founder" t-shirt (signed in glow in the dark ink), Pope is Pimpin' t-shirt, Alyssa Flash poster, yeah I've got a lot.

All I'm saying is those people who call themselves TNA fans who do nothing but stare at the tube once a week, may not be all they think they are.

Everything Lethal does is pure gold.

How can you not love Pope?

Honestly, I'd TiVo TNA every week if I was guaranteed Lethal and Pope promos.

Ha! Um, I worked for Viacom...

HA! Everything you say is 50% lies while all thommohawk speaks is the truth! If you don't think so you weren't paying attention.

Who knows where you got that pciture from.

It could be any black guy with glasses...Malcolm X..Raj from What's Happening..Junkyard Dog (in glasses)..ANYONE!