The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Samoa Joe's contract with TNA Wrestling has expired, according to multiple sources.

The word going around the locker room is that the former TNA World Heavyweight Champion will work tonight's Final Resolution pay-per-view and this week's iMPACT! while both sides negotiate terms of a new deal.

He has been with the company since 2005.

Reported By Ryan Clark

Source: Pwinsider.com ( http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Samoa_Joes_Contract_With_TNA_Expires.php )

How did they let this guys contract expire? Seriously I have little faith in the way TNA handles business.

They let Nash's contract run out only to try and renegotiate same with Sting (well it does in two weeks), same with Eric Young and so many others.

I get not wanting to just throw money at them but why wouldn't you start negotiations three months out? Seems silly to let it expire and then hope and pray that the WWE doesn't just give him as sweetheart deal taking a guy that you guys have spent five years gushing over as a "star in the making" or whatever he is supposed to be.

If I was Joe I'd go back to ROH, it'd make ROH more money, and he might make more money as well. I'm sure he'll resign but I'd be excited if he didn't especially since I think he's overrated and someone else could easily be pushed in his place just as effectively.

Eh I don't think so. WWE would put him on NXT and he would look as silly as Kaval and Daniel Bryan have. He isn't as skilled as either of them and I wouldn't count on him lasting very long in WWE.

2006 Samoa Joe? Would maybe last a while in WWE. But he's put on a good 30 lbs since then if not more.

Eh I don't think so. WWE would put him on NXT and he would look as silly as Kaval and Daniel Bryan have. He isn't as skilled as either of them and I wouldn't count on him lasting very long in WWE.

2006 Samoa Joe? Would maybe last a while in WWE. But he's put on a good 30 lbs since then if not more.

Wouldn't that make him MORE likely to be hired by the WWE, rather than less?

I can't help but feel like 1/2 of the finishes were changed right before the matches started or during the matches. Even Russo wouldn't have booked that many ****ty finishes ahead of time.

The best match was AJ vs Williams and that was also the only match that had a good finish.

I'm growing tired of sports entertainment as a whole. TNA would be so much better off if they got rid of all the ****ing overbooked finishes. Just let the guy you want to win pin their opponent 1-2-3. For the love of Christ...

Part of what will allow pro wrestling to get hot again is the abolishment of dusty finishes.

I can't help but feel like 1/2 of the finishes were changed right before the matches started or during the matches. Even Russo wouldn't have booked that many ****ty finishes ahead of time.

The best match was AJ vs Williams and that was also the only match that had a good finish.

I'm growing tired of sports entertainment as a whole. TNA would be so much better off if they got rid of all the ****ing overbooked finishes. Just let the guy you want to win pin their opponent 1-2-3. For the love of Christ...

Part of what will allow pro wrestling to get hot again is the abolishment of dusty finishes.

The problem isn't dusty finishes... it's overusing them. Too much of it.