The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

If I remember correctly, the last time TNA held shows out of the Impact Zone didn't draw good. It was when Samoa Joe was the world champ, if my memory is correct.

In that case it sounds to me more like that was the fault of having the world title on a guy who changes identities like you and I change pants.

So...earlier in the show, Bischoff was going to do a "weigh in" for Morgan vs. Anderson, and later on, Tenay & Taz talk to Anderson via satellite from Green Bay? That's rather silly. Were the doctors going to examine him through the monitor?

My thoughts exactly.

What do people see for Doug Williams vs. AJ Stlyes at Genesis, I kinda hope AJ leave Immortune as I'd hate to see doug lose the belt so soon, also it's a TV don't have it change hands twice on back2back PPV's please!

TNA was decent in my opinion tonight, I was actually able to watch it tonight because I didn't have my normal Thursday Night schedule. My only problem with the show tonight was The Iron Man Match come on two overtimes was a bit rediculas if you know that you can't do a match in fifteen minutes then don't do it. I know it was scripted that way but it still is annoying. Also the interview with Ken Anderson was pointless in my opinion and it took away from the time that the Main Event could have had. I am praying for just one week where the show is properly timed and they get through everything before reaction starts. It really makes me mad that they start the main event two minutes before they go off of the air only to continue it on reaction. I know that they have had problems with timing of matches etc which is why Reaction was created but come on its a bit rediculas.

Actually they don't have a problem with timing of matches in that sense. They are doing it on purpose with the goal to break the viewing habits of people and for them to ad Reaction to their viewing schedule. If this is wise is another question and it does not negate their other timing and balancing issues.

I think he is referring to the Las Vegas shows when the Zone was being refurbished for HD taping. They where actually sold out but given the location that was not much of a feat. Hard Rock cafe LV if I remember correctly.

I was actually referring to some of the PPVs that were set outside the Impact Zone, like (I think that it was) No Surrender 2008 that was held in Canada that year. I'm pretty sure that they did a few PPVs in a row that were at of the Impact Zone.

IMO the attendance is bad compared to the PPVs they held in the Impact Zone. Also, Happy Holidays everybody! :)

In what way? Only percentage of arena filled would qualify but given that the Zone is smaller and free and with people doing it as part of their visit to Universal it doesn't really compare well.

I was at the show where Joe won the title and at the time it was their highest attended event ever. And there were only like five thousand people there. Now I guess you could look at it one of two ways.

1. That is better than because at least that is 5000 paid customers (for the most part).

2. It was bad because a company on National TV should draw better than that.

I just think it is a very bad idea for TNA to have shows and PPV outside of the Imapct Zone. Plus the crowd seems to be more rabid in the Impact Zone because they are told to cheer and the got in for free so of course they are happy.

I was at the show where Joe won the title and at the time it was their highest attended event ever. And there were only like five thousand people there. Now I guess you could look at it one of two ways.

1. That is better than because at least that is 5000 paid customers (for the most part).

2. It was bad because a company on National TV should draw better than that.

I just think it is a very bad idea for TNA to have shows and PPV outside of the Imapct Zone. Plus the crowd seems to be more rabid in the Impact Zone because they are told to cheer and the got in for free so of course they are happy.

The crows is not told to cheer they cheer when they want to.

I couldn't disagree more. The Idiots at the Impact Zone are hurting the product at this point. They're the worst sort of marks (they're not smarks or smarts). TNA needs to get OUT of Free Show Orlando and make the move from a cult promotion to a National promotion that will sink or swim on its own merits.

Living in the Impact Zone Goldfish Bowl is not good for the company or the performers.

I thought that they had JB and Val hype the crowd, much like WCW used to do when they taped at MGM. Okay sorry about that.:o

They do hype the crowd. You can see them in the background during certain shots during the airing of iMpact and the PPv's. I think hyping the crowd is different though then telling them when to cheer.

All because one person once COMPARED them stupidly to cast members people actually think they are being treated as such. But yeah they need to get out of the zone eventually. Drawing around 1K outside the zone while less profitable is still long term more profitable and inductive for growth and actually knowing who gets good crowd reactions then staying in the zone.

I couldn't disagree more. The Idiots at the Impact Zone are hurting the product at this point. They're the worst sort of marks (they're not smarks or smarts). TNA needs to get OUT of Free Show Orlando and make the move from a cult promotion to a National promotion that will sink or swim on its own merits.

Living in the Impact Zone Goldfish Bowl is not good for the company or the performers.

I hope you realize that TEW is not close to an accurate representation of how companies run and expand.