The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>Yeah, thought it was DOC myself, seems like a move that will disappoint people - so seems likely.</p><p> </p><p>

Can't see it being Low-Ki, Devitt or Pearce really seemed darker or just not 'suited' to them - not that I completely rules them out but I can't see it.</p><p> </p><p>

But yeah, I think DOC, so he doesn't have to be on TNA's side but coming back to deal with A&8s. Will be surprised to see anyone else, which will be a good thing (unless it's really bad, obviously).</p>

<p>I'd bet it's him, too. If they're actually having "money troubles", signing someone to a new deal wouldn't be too smart.</p><p> </p><p>

Besides, Gallows/DOC seems like an underutilized worker. Maybe he gets some traction after a feud with the A&8's and could be useful in the midcard.</p>

I'm calling for Jay Briscoe on the video.

I realize that this is probably the LEAST likely scenario, considering that the rumors of his leaving ROH are pretty much believed to be BS.

Just saying that IF for some reason Jay (or both Briscoes) actually left ROH, TNA would be the best place for them, and this would be a good way to introduce them. Start with one, then later show them to be two, but still in the shadows. A new faction of sorts, unaffiliated with TNA or An8.

Part of this is more than just wishful thinking. The person shown, while in the shadows, has similar build to Jay, though obviously it's hard to tell.

Again, this is my 1% solution. Not even remotely likely to happen. But it would be cool, and if TNA was smart they'd be looking to indy stars like the Briscoes to help get them some attention. Failed WWE superstars haven't helped them, and cost too much anyway.

As most have said, the likely scenario is DOC/Drew Hankinson.

But for a minute....let's all imagine what it would be like if it was Jay Briscoe, and they intended to give him a serious push. Jay vs Daniels? Jay vs Samoa Joe? Jay vs Angle...the possibilities are endless. And I'm not even a Briscoe fan. Just think it would be a cool scenario.

<p>I'm not sure its as easy for TNA to just go out and get guys like it is for WWE. People always say they should get x,y,z but I'm not sure there's the appeal if they're working a number of indy companies or in Japan to just go to TNA. Obviously some will but a lot of the time when I've seen guys speak about TNA it isn't seen as a big goal. So when they're not signing all these indy guys I'm not sure if it is always down to them overlooking them. They don't have the guaranteed appeal of WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

Its rare WWE would take someone from TNA and I think people who still have a shot @ WWE, wouldn't want to sign a deal there because as far as I know it isn't the big money of the WWE and shuts off other avenues.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New August 1st Warning video...<p> </p><p> "I'm not Dave Batista"</p><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CaW1KORI2Nc?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="#August1Warning - Another Video Received"></iframe></div></div></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have heard that it will be Tito Ortiz. Possibly joining Aces & Eights to hype Bellator fight with Rampage.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Couture=Legend" data-cite="Couture=Legend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have heard that it will be Tito Ortiz. Possibly joining Aces & Eights to hype Bellator fight with Rampage.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That makes perfect sense.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That would be awful<p> </p><p> terribly awful</p><p> </p><p> One idea I saw around was Davey Richards, even he would be better than Ortiz</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not saying it's a great idea, it just makes sense as far as TNA and their relationships with Spike and Bellator go. Why have Rampage Jackson if not for something like this.</p>

<p>Yeah, the #August1 thing...total let down.</p><p> </p><p>

In case you haven't seen/heard, it's <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Tito Ortiz, cross promoting his fight with Rampage at Bellator.</span> Just lame.</p><p> </p><p>

One of the reasons I only follow TNA ina periphery sense. They do something cool, I get excited...then the mess it up and I'm disappointed.</p>

<p>But even as a wrestler who could it have realistically been that would have live to the hype.</p><p> </p><p>

Batista, Jericho and most ex-WWE guys would have been considered TNA picking ex-WWE guys.</p><p> </p><p>

An indy wrestler would have made now reaction including Low-Ki.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe John Morrison could have been the only guy to not have been a let down or maybe MVP through that's a small chance.</p><p> </p><p>

At least Tito has a reason to be there.</p>

Tito hasn't been relevant in years. I'm generally a TNA supporter and try to find the good in almost all of their "bad" ideas, but after firing all the talent, and "cost cutting", why bring in a non relevant MMA fighter that's only purpose is to hype his fight against Rampage for Bellator?

That's just stupid to me. TNA shouldn't be used as a hype machine for another company.

Tito hasn't been relevant in years. I'm generally a TNA supporter and try to find the good in almost all of their "bad" ideas, but after firing all the talent, and "cost cutting", why bring in a non relevant MMA fighter that's only purpose is to hype his fight against Rampage for Bellator?

That's just stupid to me. TNA shouldn't be used as a hype machine for another company.

Happens all the time in pro wrestling. How many times has the WWE hyped up a show on the USA Network? If Spike asks, they do. It's hard to imagine them saying no.

Happens all the time in pro wrestling. How many times has the WWE hyped up a show on the USA Network? If Spike asks, they do. It's hard to imagine them saying no.

The E has almost always managed to profit from it somehow. I remember PPV appearances by people promoting their own show (Drew Carrey comes to mind :p). It didn't bother me at all becasue of the way they handled it.

This just comes off as forced, like they want to jam it down your throat.

But it's never the main story throughout the show that some show is on USA, it's a small segment not a huge part of the show.

Who could it have been that would have actually lived up to the hype?

They created the hype for something they couldn't deliver. It shouldn't have happened, they didn't need to do it. They hyped something and didn't deliver, IMO that is where my disappointment lies, my disappointment in't that it's some indy guy or whatever. It's that they constantly hype things only to let people.

Because TNA had to pay those talents contracts and couldn't afford it. Bellator are paying Tito Ortiz so there's no cost to TNA. If TNA refuse a Spike request, they're not going to last on the network very long, that's just business whether we like it or not. We all knew it wouldn't be anything huge (which is why TNA didn't even give it a weeks worth of build). If it had been someone big, they would have strung it out a couple of months to keep people guessing and tuning in. August 1 Warning wasn't the reason I watched the show anyway so I didn't care who it was.

On a positive note, AJ vs. Aries this week, a match I'd waited to see in TNA didn't disappoint. Manik vs. Sabin was for me a great match too. Always liked TJ Perkins ability. Looking forward to next weeks too with Bad Influence squaring off against each other, as well as Magnus vs. Anderson. Aces & Eights vs. Main Event Mafia on 15th August with the man getting pinned leaving intrigues me.