5 Star Supreme Wrestling

That was some bad booking on my part. Though if TEW 2010 was not out next week, my biggest issue to resolve would be that my current World Champion doesn't produce matches on the level of Ogiwara, Hike, and Hatoyama. But I feel the World Champion should always be in the main event or co main event.

Unless the champ is fighting for the belt I see no need for that. I usually like my main and co main event to be any main eventer matches or maybe a main eventer vs upper midcarder match. This way I can keep the Champ out of the main event by having him/her squash smaller bugs until he/she meets another main eventer who can carry the match. But that's just me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five Star Blog Splash Report 7/16

5SSW President Sakurako Kagawa announced today June Butler and Megumi Nakajima will have a rematch at Legacy of Queens. The match will be a Street Fight Falls Count Anywhere match, so there will be no question of a winner.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7955/devilkarubealt1.jpg

DEVIL Karube is contemptuous. “Namiyo Muro and Saeka Hiroyuki. Why were we ever even fighting them? Because fighting the elderly is good preparation for a match against Sensational Ogiwara. Old tactics. Outdated attitudes. But in her 1990’s style, she is supremely skilled and I can’t overlook her. When it comes to wrestling like it’s 1999, no one is better than Sensational Ogiwara. But it’s 2008 and things have changed. I’m the new gold standard by which all other wrestlers are measured.”

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4698/sensationalogiwaraalt1.jpg

Sensational Ogiwara feels prepared. “I’ve faced every challenge I set for myself this tour. Sakakibara, Nakajima, Maruya, even DEVIL’s assassin, Saori Nakadan. I’ve studied her moves, her speed, her lack of focus. She’s an excellent young wrestler with a lot of skill. But she lacks experience, especially in title matches. Any Champion will tell you it’s easier to win the title than it is to defend it. I’ve proved I understand what it takes to win. I can’t wait to teach DEVIL she still has a lot to learn about wrestling.”

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9728/shiorijippenshaalt1.jpg

Shiori Jippensha is ready! “Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant! Hail Caesar, we who are about to die salute you! That’s how the Roman gladiators started their matches. Total commitment to winning or dying trying. Gorgon understands that, she turned her back on her friend Connie Morris because she wanted a chance at a title and knew I was by far the better partner. That’s why I team with Gorgon, because I know she is fearless and determined to win. So while Joanne Rodriguez is off appearing on TV shows and Yuma Maruya is running from polar bears, we’ve been preparing mentally and physically for our match with the Lovely Angels. And that’s why we’ll win.”

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/129/yumamaruyaalt1.jpg

Yuma Maruya is ready! “Joanne Rodriguez and I have been through a lot this tour. We’ve had plenty of wins and losses. We’ve faced from great great wrestlers. And got our butts kicked. But it’s made us a better team. We’ve faced the best. Compared to that, Shiori and Gorgon just don’t compare. They’ve not faced the same level of competition. And for them when the going gets tough, they won’t know what to do. And Shiori, shut up about the damned polar bear already! I can’t believe you two talked me into that.”

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2481/meguminakajimaalt1.jpg

Megumi Nakajima is stunned. “June, you are still one of the toughest wrestlers I’ve ever faced. But I think I can beat you. I took two of your lariats during that match. The first one felt like my head was being knocked off my body. The second one I don’t even remember, everything is fuzzy after that. But I took them and kept fighting. More than that, I know how to beat you now, June. I know your weak spot. And at Legacy of Queens I’ll show everyone I’m better.”

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3092/junebutleralt1.jpg

June Butler is angry! “You were lucky, Megumi. I spread your blood all over ringside. I beat you black and blue. You were simply lucky that at the end you were so near the ropes when I lariated you out of your boots. If we had been at ring center you would have lost cleanly. Now we’re going to face in my kind of fight. A wild brawl that can go anywhere. You were lucky to survive once, now nothing can save you.”

7/17 - Tokyo ON AIR EAST

Etsuko Ariyoshi & Ichigo v. June Butler & Namiyo Muro

Amber Allen v. Kit Hatoyama

Chitose Ariwara, Rei Chikanatsu & Tsuki Kawamata v. Otsune Tsumura, Saeko Hiroyuki & Tamara McFly

5SSW Tag Title Contenders Match: Gorgon/Shiori Jippensha v. Lovely Angels (Joanne Rodriguez/Yuma Maruya)

All Business (Raku Makuda & Tomoko Nagatsuka) v. Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko)

Kiko Sakakibara v. Megumi Nakajima

Devil Karube & Saori Nakadan v. Sensational Thunder (Sensational Ogiwara & Thunder Hike)

7/20 - Legacy of Queens 2008: Lake Blue Arena

Finding the New Generation: Etsuko Ariyoshi v. Ichigo

Street Fight Anywhere Fall Match: June Butler v. Megumi Nakajima

5SSW Tag Team Title Match: Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko) © v. Winner of Gorgon/Jippensha v. Lovely Angels

5SSW All-Asian Title Match: Raku Makuda © v. Tamara McFly

5SSW World Title Match: DEVIL Karube © v. Sensational Ogiwara

June continues to look strong before she face Nakajima

Tough Choice but I'm gonna go with a draw as both Kit and Amber get attacked setting up a tag team match for Legacy of Queens.

Chitose Ariwara, Rei Chikanatsu & Tsuki Kawamata v. Otsune Tsumura, Saeko Hiroyuki & Tamara McFly

Tamara's Team takes the win as the other team has been going nowhere all tour.

5SSW Tag Title Contenders Match: Gorgon/Shiori Jippensha v. Lovely Angels (Joanne Rodriguez/Yuma Maruya)

I think we'll hit a second draw, maybe time limit so we get a three way tag match.

All Business (Raku Makuda & Tomoko Nagatsuka) v. Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko)

Tag champs take the loss as I believe Raku should look strong for her singles outing.

Kiko has been spinning her heels this tour with no battle forth coming to show fo rit, while Nakajima could be the one to force Butler off her dominating streak.

Devil Karube & Saori Nakadan v. Sensational Thunder (Sensational Ogiwara & Thunder Hike)

I was literally on the verrge of pickig the heels, had them bolded and everything but I think Ogiwara takes this win but Karube reatins the championship in the singles match. Nakadan is their to take the loss while Karube looks strong.

I dont like neither Butler nor Muro, but Ariyoshi and Ichigo are a second string tag team by all definitions.

Draw? Nah, Kit just doesnt do draws...

Its a good time for those three to make a spectacular comeback.

Final step on the road before gold

Raku can take the loss. She can still be kept strong while her partner gets buried. And besides, one need a strong tag team.

They dont call it a hot streak for nothing...

In a logical world, whenever the face wins the final fight before the big show, the heel always win at the big show.

Now if only i could figure out why i want both the All-Asian competitors to lose their matches...

5SSW Happy Summer Adventure in Tokyo 2008

1. Etsuko Ariyoshi & Ichigo v. June Butler & Namiyo Muro

Another good opening match from the Starlets. Plenty of action and fought at a fast pace over nine minutes. Butler and Muro had the advantage most of the way but the Starlets kept finding ways to fight back. Once again Ichigo got pummeled quite a bit. Muro didn’t like getting kicked in the face any more than Butler did and apparently decided to teach the rookie a lesson with some chops and punches of her own. Ariyoshi showed her growing confidence on the mat, taking Butler down several times, even hitting her with a German Suplex to set up the Ariyoshi Lockdown, but Butler made it to the ropes easily. The end came when Butler downed Ariyoshi with her Lariat while Muro dropped Ichigo on her skull with a brainbuster. Both Butler and Muro got the three count but June and Etsuko were the legal ones in the ring.

Rating: D-

2. Amber Allen v. Kit Hatoyama

This match was a clash of styles, but in a good way. NOTBW Starlet Allen brings the freestyle wrestling skills, and Kit respected them enough to start slowly. Hatoyama circled Allen, lashing out with kicks to her legs several times to keep her off balance. Amber finally anticipated a kick and grabbed it before taking Hatoyama down to the mat. She works some submissions, trying to catch Kit in a Key lock, then a choke before Kit got to the ropes. Once Hatoyama had finished feeling her opponent out she picked up the pace, countering take downs with aerial moves like hurracaranas. Amber still managed to get a two count on Hatoyama with a dead lift German Suplex. But that was her last gasp and Kit finished her off with a missile kick then Hatoyama Driver After the match they shook hands and bowed, Hatoyama giving Amber some encouragement and advice.

Rating:D+

3. Chitose Ariwara, Rei Chikanatsu & Tsuki Kawamata v. Otsune Tsumura, Saeko Hiroyuki & Tamara McFly

A clusterf…a match that didn’t quite go according to plan. Chikanatsu and Tsumura both were off their game and fairly sloppy. There were the usual dives out of the ring, most of which hit, more or less. But the match never really came together and probably the highlight of the match was Hiroyuki pinning Kawamata with her moonsault to bring it to an end.

Rating: E+

4. 5SSW Tag Title Contenders Match: Gorgon/Shiori Jippensha v. Lovely Angels (Joanne Rodriguez/Yuma Maruya)

The two teams were evidently feeling the importance of the match, starting slowly with mat work. Gorgon was the first one to break out of that, using a bite to the leg to break J-Ro’s attempt at a half boston crab. Gorgon got several near falls with a lariat and slams before Jippensha took over, tying up her S62 rival Maruya with submission holds when not wearing her down with chops and palm strikes. J-Ro found the key to the Lovely Angels making their comeback, countering a Gorgon lariat with a frankensteiner. Now it the pace started to pick up, Yuma hitting her over the ropes tope onto Shiori and Gorgon. A missile kick gave Rodriguez a near fall on Jippensha, but they could not quite put the match away. As time ticked on both teams grew more desperate, Yuma trying an inside cradle then sunsent flip to try to catch Shiori, but Jippensha came back with a fast backslide then a a Koji Clutch. But Yuma lasted until the bell rang and the match was declared a time limit draw. Both teams were disappointed after the match, their futures for Legacy of Queens uncertain.

5. All Business (Raku Makuda & Tomoko Nagatsuka) v. Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko)

An all out brawl. Seek & Destroy came out for the match carrying shinai, famous in DAVE as Singapore Canes. All Busienss came out carrying metal chairs. The referee had to physically get between the two teams and threaten them with disqualification before they put away their weapons and started the match. Even then the match was a war, with Ikuko Temko taking as great deal of pleasure in pounding Raku and Tomoko with stiff kicks. Even mocking Makuda at one point with light pushes of her foot, as if encouraging her to put up a better fight. Makuda ducked the kick to her face and took charge, hooking Temko for a fishermanbuster then hitting her with a diving footstomp. Huntress and Nagatsuka were no less vicious, spending alot of time brawling outside the ring.

Raku whipped Temko into the ropes, where she was hit by a chairshot from Nagatsuka while Makuda kept the ref from seeing. When Raku went for the cover, Huntress hit Tomoko with her shinai then hit the referee as well to stop the count. When Makiko went into the ring to try and hit Raku, she ducked the hit and suplexed Huntress. But Huintress had the presence of mind to toss the shinai to Temko before she was suplexed and when Raku got up she was bloodied by a show with the bamboo sword. Temko hit the stunned Raku with a Buzzsaw kick and went for the pin, but Tomoko dragged the referee out of the ring to break the count then attacked Temko with a chair. By this point the match was totally out of control and once the referee recovered he called for the bell, disqualifying both sides. It took both referees and several rings girls to finally separate the two teams.

Rating: D

6. Kiko Sakakibara v. Megumi Nakajima

Megumi is still suffering from the wear and tear of her intense brawl with Butler. She had a bandage on her forehead from where she’d been cut and looked a little less energetic than usual. Even so, the match had some great spots, with Kiko taking control right from the start with a series of dropkicks and then a backdrop backbreaker form a two count. A Samoan Drop then Tiltawhirl backbreaker set up Nakajima for the Boston Crab. Megumi esdcaped to the ropes and finally got energized, brawling back with a series of forearms, turning the match into much more of a fight rather than her usual style. A uranage stunned Kiko, letting Megumi drape her back over the lowest rope then hitting her so hard with a running dropkick that Nakajima just slide on through to ringside then started dropping elbows onto Sakakibara’s head. Megumi finished it off with the Nakajima Straightjacket for the win.

7. Devil Karube & Saori Nakadan v. Sensational Thunder (Sensational Ogiwara & Thunder Hike)

Moudoku-tai could not face a greater challenge. Sensational Thunder have been the premier team in 5SSW for years. And while DEVIL beat Ogiwara in their only previous tag match this tour, Ogiwara convincingly defeated her partner Saori Nakadan in a singles match last card. Not surprisingly, Moudoku-tai refused to shake hands before the match. In fact, they attacked before the bell even rang, taking the match outside the ring for some brawling at ringside. And while DEVIL had Thunder Hike out of her element with the audience scattering to avoid the street fight and chairts flying, Sensational Ogiwara quickly came back against Nakadan, backdropping her over the guard rail, then c atching her with a running forearm that left her down on the concrete. Back in the ring the action slowed, DEVIL and Ogiwara facing off finally, with Nakadan still out of it when DEVIL wanted to tag out to avoid the confrontation.

Forced to fight, DEVIL used her blinding speed to avoid forearms from Ogiwara, flipping over the former champion, then hitting a 360 spin flying headscissors. DEVIL ranj up the topes to the rope, putting Ogiwara down with an Asai Moonsault for a two count then keeping the advantage with a series of Mongolian Chops. Finally Nakadan was recovered and tagged in, stretching Ogiwara with her usual submissions. But again Ogiwara was too much for her, escaping a backdrop suplex attempt and tagging in Thunder Hike, who proceeded to tie up Nakadan with her old style catch wrestling. Full nelson, then chicken wing. Saori made her way to her feet but Thunder spun her around nad rocked her with a ferw forearm uppercuts. DEVIL made a couple of hot moves to prolong the match, and saved Nakadan from a Sensational Stunner. But Ogiwata took DEVIL out of the picture while Hike locked in the Concrete Knot, finally forcing Saori to submit.

After the match Devil looked irritated with Nakadan and they argued briefly while Sensational Thunder celebrated their victory.

Rating: C+

Overall Rating: C-

5SSW Happy Summer Adventure in Tokyo 2008

Tokyo ON AIR EAST

998 (Super No Vacancy)

1. June Butler & Namiyo Muro defeated Etsuko Ariyoshi & Ichigo in 9:10 when June Butler hit her lariat on Ariyoshi for the pin.

2. Kit Hatoyama pinned Amber Allen in 8:54 with the Hatoyama Driver

3. Otsune Tsumura, Saeko Hiroyuki & Tamara McFly defeated Chitose Ariwara , Rei Chikanatsu & Tsuki Kawamata in 13:48 when Hiroyuki pinned Kawamata with a moonsault

4. 5SSW Tag Title Contenders Match: Gorgon /Shiori Jippensha drew Lovely Angels (Joanne Rodriguez/Yumi Maruya) in 20:00

5. All Business (Raku Makuda & Tomoko Nagatsuka) drew Seek & Destroy (url=http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9752/huntressmakikoalt1.jpg]Huntress Makiko[/url] & Ikuko Temko) in 15:58 by Double Disqualification.

6. Megumi Nakajima defeated Kiko Sakakibara in 17:59 with a Nakajima Straightjacket

7. Sensational Thunder ( Sensatonal Ogiwara & Thunder Hike) defeated DEVIL Karube & Saori Nakadan in 22:15 when Thunder Hike defeated Nakadan with the Concrete Knot

5SSW President Sakurako Kagawa announced after the card that in light of the Lovely Angels v. Gorgon Shiori Jippensha match being a draw, the 5SSW Tag Title match with feature all three teams. In addition, in recognition of Amber Allen’s impressive efforts in this tour, she is being added to the Ariyoshi/Ichigo graduation match.

I was very disappointed in the Nakajima-Sakakibara match. Kiko lists as one of my best for flashy and as a ring general, Nakajima has been putting on great matches. Yet somehow Butler has a better match with her than Sakakibara.

Five Star Blog Splash Reports

5SSW is now in the final days before Legacy of Queens and the card has been finalized.

DEVIL Karube plans a revolution that will change the face of 5SSW forever, with the help of Moudoku-tai. Ogiwara has vowed not to let that happen. Both respect the others skills. Both beaten the other once in a tag match this tour. Who will emerge victorious?

Kit Hatoyama v. Saori Nakadan

A couple weeks ago Saori Nakadan broke Kit Hatoyama’s cheekbone with her spinning backfist. A message to anyone opposing Moudoku-tai that they will not settle for victory, they will destroy all who oppose them. Can Hatoyama get revenge?

5SSW Tag Team Title Match: Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko) © v. Lovely Angels v. Gorgon & Shiori Jippensha

Nothing is ever easy. Lovely Angels and Gorgon/Jippensha have been at each other’s throats this entire tour. S62 rivals Maruya and Jippensha each trying to show they are the best and to win a title. But neither has been able to gain an advantage on the other. Seek & Destroy have been undefeated this tour, taking apart every time that has faced them. Will Yuma and Shiori’s rivalry make it easy for Huntress and Ikuko or will Seek & Destroy finally fall?

Raku Makuda has not liked Tamara McFly since she showed up in 5SSW this tour. But she’s been unable to make McFly go away. Can McFly finally win her first title in 5SSW or will the third time be lucky for the Enhanced Luck Soldier. And what role will Moudoku-tai play?

June Butler has been on a win streak of late, bullying the younger wrestlers and proving that she’s not too old to still be a top wrestler. Megumi Nakajima has taken exception to this and vowed to show the strength of the younger generation.

Kiko Sakakibara & Thunder Hike v. Namiyo Muro & Saeka Hiroyuki

A match of pride. Four former champions who have all over the years proved their skills and determination in countless matches. But at Legacy of Queens they don’t fight for gold, they fight for pride and to show who is still a top rank wrestler.

Chitose Ariwara/Rei Chikanatsu v. Connie Morris/Otsune Tsumura

None of theses ladies have had a very successful tour. ChiRei have tried hard every match and gotten a couple of upsets but no sustained success. Connie Morris lost her partner Gorgon while former champion Otsune Tsumura continued her slide. Which team can finally achieve victory?

Kawamata’s Big Challenge: Tsuki Kawamata v. Miss Invisible

Tsuki Kawamata faces her ultimate match up. The mysterious Miss Invisible. No one knows who she is, what she looks like or if she is even Japanese. Can Kawamata find her way to victory?

Triple Nova Graduation Match: Etsuko Ariyoshi v. Ichigo v. Amber Allen

Etsuko Ariyoshi is the super rookie, the brightest graduate from the 5SSW Dojo in years. Fighting Angel Ichigo has shown muy thai skills and the fearlessness to assault even veteran wrestles with her lethal kicks. They were set to fight it out to show who was the stronger Starlet. But then Amber Allen pushed her way into the picture by her impressive performances. If this is the start of a new Magic Three, then who will emerge as the leader?

5SSW Tag Team Title Match: Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko) © v. Lovely Angels v. Gorgon & Shiori Jippensha

I know she's probably just on a touring contract and will be gone but I think she's just put in a bit more this tour and should go out witha big win.

Mystery opponent takes the win

I'm just not a big Connie Morris fan and she hasn't done anything to impress this tour. Sadly I like Otsune but she's put herself on the losing team.

The more over team takes the win.

Butler's hada good run but I hope you'll put Nakajima over here.

Tamara is on a touring contract I think so the title will stay in house.

In my heart I want Lovely Angels to win but I think the more experienced tag team keeps the titles now. Maybe in another tour for the Angels.

Big fan of Kit, big fan.

I think just because she's not yet as good as Ogiwara is no reason to take the belt off of her. Karube can make a great champion.

After lots of concentrated thinking, ive made some reasonable predictions.

IMO the best of the three

Well... The match is named after her...

Young people. Not young people.

Any match Hike is in should automatically be written as "She won"

I refuse to like June Butler

By disqualification

mmmmm Lovely Angels fandom

One could argue you should book a heel faction to be as strong as possible, but gosh darn it, its Kit friggin' Hatoyama. The best worker in 5SSW who isnt Ichihara, Hiki, Ogiwara or Muro.

No reason to kill off a storyline and a faction that works.

Legacy of Queens 2008: Lake Blue Arena, Tokyo

1. Triple Nova Graduation Match: Etsuko Ariyoshi v. Ichigo v. Amber Allen

The future of 5SSW on display. And they immediately showed their inexperience by starting uncertainly in the Three Way Match. Finally Ichigo and Ariyoshi locked up, the Masked Angel hitting some knees in close before Etsuko got the takedown. Then Amber struck pulling Etsuko away and hitting her with a German Suplex. Then Ichigo kicked Allen to break the pin and went for the cover on Ariyoshi herself. By then Etsuko was recovered enough to kick out. This was the theme of the match, complete chaos with each girl trying to find a way to isolate a match one on one so they could try to get the win, but never quite successful. When Ichigo was stunned by a big Elemental Suplex from Ariyoshi, Etsuko and Amber finally got to have an extended sequence showing their mat skills, each reversing out of the other’s holds until Amber Allen seems to get the edge with an tight inside cradle. Then Ichigo punted her in the head to break the pin. Finally Etsuko Ariyoshi found her timing, letting Ichigo hit a round house kick on Amber, then hooking her from behind with the Ariyoshi Lockdown for the submission. All three of the wrestlers shook hands and hugged after the match, and all three were given flowers and trophies.

2. Kawamata’s Big Challenge: Tsuki Kawamata v. Miss Invisible

Tsuki Kawamata was out first, looking cheerful. Then “Invisible Touch” from Genesis started playing and Miss Invisible came down to the ring. Maybe. The announcers and referee were provided with special glasses that looked suspiciously like 3-D glasses so they could see her. But no one else could. Kawamata went ahead with the match, locking up with the unseen wrestler with neither getting the advantage. Then they went for a test of strength, with Kawamata slowly losing, then finally being forced to the mat. Yes, this was a comedy match with Tsuki Kawamata pretending to wrestle an invisible opponent. The action went back and forth and there were a number of comedy spots before Miss Invisible finally caught Kawamata with a German Suplex for the pin.

Rating: E-

3. Chitose Ariwara/Rei Chikanatsu v. Connie Morris/Otsune Tsumura

A fast paced spotfest. Connie Morris stood out only because she was the only one not moving super fast. Tsumura was her usual hyperactive self, bouncing off the ropes even before the match started. When the bell rang, the match was a blur of dropkicks, cross body blocks and dives outside the ring. Morris and Chikanatsu slowed things down a little with some mat work but Connie soon resorted to low grade brawling, forearms, headbutts and weak lariats. Against Ariwara she was always a step slow, staged by dropkicks, then tripped up by Rei to set up a Chitose Diving Guillotine for the pin. ChiRei celebrated after the win.

4. Kiko Sakakibara & Thunder Hike v. Namiyo Muro & Saeka Hiroyuki

Traditional old school 5SSW action. All four are former Champions at various levels and justifiably proud of the role they have played in forming the present day 5SSW. Though Muro still wanted to make a point about old wrestlers by slapping around nine year junior Kiko Sakakibara with hard chops and boxing jabs. Hike tagged in to show the younger wrestler (and this might be the only time this tour Kiko was the youngest in the match) how to handle the veteran, blocking a chop then catching her with a half nelson, driving her down to the match to work the arm with old style knee drops. Hiroyuki and Sakakibara were more traditional high flying, with dropkicks and missile kicks. The match was at a much slower pace than the match before but was far better executed, Sakakibara picking just the right moment to roll away from a moonsault then almost stealing a fall by hooking Saeko for a La Casita. Namiyo Muro almost stole the match, countering Hike’s rush with a 42 Year Old for a 2.9 count. But Thunder Hike proved that at 38 she was still tops in the world, pinning Muro with the Elemental Driver .

Rating: D+

5. Street Fight Anywhere Fall Match: June Butler v. Megumi Nakajima

Plenty of raw emotion here. Both Butler and Nakajima are dressed for the street, jeans and t-shirts instead of their wrestling gear. And they saved the referee the trouble of ringing the bell when Nakajima jumped up onto the top rope and dived down onto Butler as she was coming down to the ring. Megumi had the early advantage, hitting Butler with a chair before whipping her into the crowd, sending them scattering as chairs were knocked over. But this was June’s type of fight and she soon fought back with punches, reversing another whip to send Nakajima crashing into the guard rail before slamming her and hitting her with chair after chair, piling them on top of her. But Megumi showed she had more of a plan for the match than trying to brawl with a brawler. When Butler went for the lariat, Nakajima blocked with a chair then started ramming the chair into June’s arm.

Nakajima even resorted to some actual wresting, taking Butler down to the floor and trapping her with a jujigatame. Finally Butler had to fight back with kicks and headbutts, her arm hurt to much to punch anymore. But she had the strength to ram Megumi’s head into the ‘Tickets 10001-10101 please go to the left’ sign, until she was leaving a bloody blotch on the white sign. Nakajima fore back with forearms but June reversed a whip into the wall. Nakajima put her foot up to stop from hitting the wall, then turned to charge Butler…LARIAT! June Butler exploding with a lariat! But then she had to pause, the pain too much for her to make the cover for several seconds. But the referee counted the thr…NO! Megumi got her arm up and Butler gestures ‘3’ to the ref in disbelief. Butler looked ready to try another lariat as Megumi staggered up, but the younger wrestler blocked it with a kick then grabbed Butler’s arm for a hammer lock, driving her shoulder first into the wall. Nakajima dragged Butler back toward one of the entrances, laying the veteran wrestler over a table before going up the stairs above the entrance. It was a good ten foot drop and Megumi looked hesitant for a moment but then…MAD SPLASH! Nakajima crashing down onto Butler and shattering the table as well! Both wrestlers were motionless for several seconds but Nakajima finally summoned up the strength to lay her arm over Butler. 1…2…3!!!

Both were bloody by the end of the match and spent several minutes down while they were checked on, but finally both stood and Nakajima was declared the winning. Nakajima faced off with Butler again, the two staring at each other before Nakajima offered a hand shake. Butler slapped Nakajima but Megumi just slapped her back and offered her hand again. And finally the two shook hands.

6. 5SSW All-Asian Title Match: Raku Makuda © v. Tamara McFly

From raw anger to contempt. Makuda made it clear she doesn’t think McFly belongs in a 5SSW title match. And made it just as clear that Moudoku-tai helping her simply proved Raku’s point. But it was Tamara McFly who started the match as if she had something to prove, assaulting Makuda with vicious chops, then sending her flying with an overhead belly to belly suplex. A wakigatame forced Raku to grab the ropes for a break and when McFly tried to follow up with a jujigatame, Makuda countered with a scientific stomp to the face. A series of big boots kept knocking McFly to the mat and a fast moonsault got a two count.

Makuda tried to lock on a half boston crab but Tamara twisted around, hooking Raku’s ankle and tripping her up, then locking in an ankle lock. Again Raku had to struggle to the ropes for force as break, then got rocked by several stiff McFly chops, setting up a rolling German Suplex by Tamara. She finished with a German Suplex hold for a two count. A Dragon Suplex got a near fall but Raku flipped forward, landing on her feet after McFly tried another German Suplex, bouncing off the ropes before catching McFly with a 360 spin head scissors into a rana. A couple of running footstomps kept McFly on the mat for a Diving Footstomp. Then Makuda went up top again, hitting Fortune’s Fall for the pin.

Raku accepted the All-Asian title belt after the match but refused to shake hands with McFly.

7. 5SSW Tag Team Title Match: Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko) © v. Lovely Angels v. Gorgon & Shiori Jippensha

All out chaos! Three teams. Six women. One title. Gorgon and Temko started off by going after each other. Ikuko seemed to take the tough young gaijin as a challenger and the two traded hard forearms and kicks, until Temko got the edge with a karate kick to the head. At which point J-Ro made her presence known with a dropkick then a spin wheel kick to bring down Temko. And like in the first match tonight, no team could ever get an extended advantage because as soon as one wrestler had the edge on one, the other came in to interrupt. Rodriguez showed off some flashy kicks against Temko, but Jippensha came in to chop block her to the mat, working over her leg with submission holds. Then when she had J-Ro locked in a figure-four, Huntress Makiko came off the top with a body splash.

Then it was time for mat wrestling as Huntress traded moves with Shiori Jippensha, including German Suyplexes and a rolling DDT. Until Yuma Maruya jumped up onto the top rope just as Huntress had Jippensha in the German Suplex Hold, then jumped off to land feet first on Makiko to break the pin. Only to get dropped to the mat by a lariat as Gorgon charged in then lariated Huntress down as well. She bounced off the ropes for another lariat but Temko caught her in the back of the head with the Shinai and Huntress almost got a three count, if not for Maruya hitting a jumping legdrop on her. And that’s how it back, back and forth, battling to every corner of the ring and outside. Gorgon taking Temko to the ringside floor to brawl and get her outy of the way. Jippensha hitting Yuma with Buddha’s Palm, then doing the same to Huntress, stunning her with the running palm strike. But as she charged Huntress again J-Ro surprised her with a springboard spin heel kick, then hit the J-Rocker on Huntress for the pin! Lovely Angels win the 5SSW World Tag Team Championship!

Rating: D

8. Kit Hatoyama v. Saori Nakadan

Another revenge match. Two weeks ago Saori Nakadan broke Kit Hatoyama’s cheekbone with a spinning back fist. Nakadan has lost twice since then to Hike and Ogiwara but Kit wants to get payback for herself. There was no handshake to start the match and Saori was the one to strike first, hitting Kit with a running high kick to the face. She whipped Hatoyama into the ropes, but Kit jumped up to the top rope to moonsault back. Except Nakadan ducked to the side and Kit hit nothing but air and canvas. Nakadan took advantage with some nice kicks while Kit is down before tossing her through the ropes. Saori flipped off the crowd before pulling Kit to the ring apron and grabbed her throat, hitting a Choke Slam to the ring floor. Once Hatoyama managed to crawl back into the ring Nakadan grabbed her for another choke slam, but Kit resisted, then twisted and took Saori down with an arm drag. A series of dropkicks stunned Nakadan and then Hatoyama lays Saori back over the bottom rope, face up before bouncing off the far side ropes, then hitting a sliding dropkick to Nakadan’s face that hit so hard she slide through to the outside.

Nakadan kept finding ways to fight back, eye rakes, shoot style kicks and elbow smashes. But Kit’s speed and determination kept her on the attack. An Asai Moonsault put Saori down for a two count. She went for the Hatoyama driver but Saori twisted it on around for a backslide and a two count. So Kit settled for punting Nakadan while she was down before pulling Saori to her feet and hitting a series of kicks to the legs and body before finishing with a round house kick to the head for a 2 ½ count! Hatoyama went up top for a moonsault but Nakadan cut her off, hitting an elevated backdrop suplex off the top then quickly pulling Kit up for the NAKADAN SPIKE! The sheer drop brainbuster dropping Kit straight down onto her head, letting Saori get the three count!

9. 5SSW World Title Match: DEVIL Karube © v. Sensational Ogiwara

And now finally the main event! Before the match flowers are given to both wrestlers and the linage of the title is read off. Before the match clips play with both wrestlers telling how much a victory means to them. For Ogiwara it’s more than one more title reign, it’s proof that the traditional values that formed 5SSW are not obsolete. For DEVIL, who didn’t beat a champion for the title, winning a title match against a former champion will give legitimacy to her revolution. The match started slowly, with the two circling each other. Sensational Ogiwara went to start with forearms but DEVIL hooked her arm and ran up the ropes for an armdrag. She tried a standing wristlock but Ogiwara pounded her way free with forearms then hipped DEVIL into the ropes. DEVIL leapt to the middle rope and came off with a cross body block. Then she went for a whip and Ogiwara vaulted back off the ropes with a flying back elbow. Both rolled to the feet in a crouch facing each either, neither able to get the advantage.

The next time they locked up DEVIL got the fast advantage with a flurry of Mongolian chops. Then she took it to the mat, the slow build hinting at the match being longer than normal. Surfboard, single leg crab, all setting up a figure-four leg lock that kept Ogiwara grounded for a while. But ultimately mat work was more Ogiwara’s specialty and she countered a Achilles tendon hold with an ankle lock. Then transitioning into a high angle Boston Crab, just to show off DEVIL’s impressive flexibility. Same for the Camel Clutch, where Ogiwara seemed to be testing if she could bend DEVIL back far enough to touch her head to her feet. Karube managed to work her way to her feet, then countered a Ogiwsara waistlock by grabbing her leg and tripping Ogiwara to the mat. Then the race was on as DEVIL bounced off the roipes and hit Sensational Ogiwara with a twisting kick. A Tequila Sunrise was good for a two count, as was a somersault senton.

Ogiwara reversed a waistlock and hit DEVIL with a big Backdrop Suplex. Then an Elemental Suplex for a two count. DEVIL escaped an Elemental Driver with a rana but as she charged back in Ogiwara cut her off with a running forearm for a two count. Ogiwara sent for the Sensationa Stunner but DEVIL pushed her off then hit her with a twisting moonsault for a two count. Then DEVIL went up top again, gesturing to the crowd before…DEVILSAULT!! 1…2…NO! Ogiwara barely got her shoulder up! DEVIL was ready to go up top again but Ogiwara rolled out of the way of the next DEVILsault and Karube landed on her feet. A kick to the belly by Ogiwara set up an Elemental Bomb for a near fall! So close! OLgiwara set up for an other Elemental Bomb but DEVIL countered with a rana then grabbed Ogiwara for a suplex…SENSATIONAL STUNNER!! 1…2…NO! It’s Ogiwara’s turn to look shocked. A running forearm gets Ogiwaa another two count. Then she backs up and raises her arm, measuring Karube as she staggers up. ROARING EL…DEVIL*CLUTCH ! DEVIL caught Ogiwara coming in with a twisting rana! 1…2…3! DEVIL comes back from the verge of defeat to retain her title!

Rating: B-

Overall: C+ (Saved by the awesome main event!)

1. Triple Nova Graduation Match: Etsuko Ariyoshi defeated Ichigo & Amber Allen in 9:58 when she made Ichigo submit to the Ariyoshi Lockdown

2. Kawamata’s Big Challenge: Miss Invisible defeated Tsuki Kawamata in 3:46 with a German Suplex

3. Chitose Ariwara /Rei Chikanatsu defeated Connie Morris /Otsune Tsumura in 14:58 when Ariwara pinned M orris with a Diving Guillotine Drop

4. Kiko Sakakibara & Thunder Hike defeated Namiyo Muro & Saeka Hiroyuki in 15:43 when Hike pinned muro with the Elemental Driver

5. Street Fight Anywhere Fall Match: Megumi Nakajima pinned June Butler in 9:37 with a Mad Splash

6. 5SSW All-Asian Title Match: Raku Makuda © pinned Tamara McFly in 16:37 with Fortune’s Fall

7. 5SSW Tag Team Title Match: Lovely Angels defeated Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko) © and Gorgon & Shiori Jippensha in 17:16 when Rodriguez pinned Huntress with the J-Rocker

8. Saori Nakadan pinned Kit Hatoyama in 15:48 with the Nakadan Spike

9. 5SSW World Title Match: DEVIL Karube © pinned Sensatonal Ogiwara in 27:11 with the DEVIL*CLUTCH

Just to preview what would have come.

Etsuko Ariyoshi v. Ichigo v. Amber Allen I gave to Etsuko Ariyoshi because she is the future. But Amber Allen is on the same level. Ichigo is not quite, but is still a hot prospect. They are the future of 5SSW.

Tsuki Kawamata v. Miss Invisible

I didn’t have an image for Kawamata in my mind until the Day with the Wrestlers segment. I wanted a comedy match. And after looking over the roster decided Tsuki was perfect. I had no other plans for her, she had entertainment stats in the 50s, which is not terrible. If not for 2010 she would have been my Sakura Hirota.

ChiRei is my favorite young girls to pull off upsets team. Overtime they would have developed more and they were young enough I thought they could still get pretty good. Connie was tops on my list of wrestlers to release. Mediocre skills and my feeling is any foreign wrestler has to provide a clear bonus to the company. Butler is a legend. I think Gorgon could be the new better Butler. Amber Allen’s skill and style fit 5SSW perfectly.

Thunder Hike would have been my next title push to oppose DEVIL, so she had to win this.

June Butler v. Megumi Nakajima

Butler is on retirement countdown. And Nakajima is my future young main eventer, as well as leading the S62 charge into the upper levels.

I had considered McFly for champion, but she never really connected with my as a character and her overness never really built. While Raku was easy to set up opposing Moudoku-tai.

Seek & Destroy (Huntress Makiko & Ikuko Temko) © v. Lovely Angels v. Gorgon & Shiori Jippensha

Lovely Angels had to win this. Not only were they a future team that was gaining lots of overness. But if they beat S&D, then that not only sets up- S&D wanting revenge but Gorgon/Shiori chasing the titles by claiming LA have never actually beaten them.

With Butler on her way out the Main Event needs heels. DEVIL needs someone credible to team with against Goiwara/Hike/Hatoyama. Nakadan’s overness had hit Main Even levels and after the two loses to Ogiwara I felt this was the time to let her get a win back. The fued after this would have pushed both on the same level before Kit got her final revenge.

DEVIL Karube © v. Sensational Ogiwara

DEVIL had to win. Ogiwara doesn’t need the title and is super over without it. DEVIL is the closest to being someone who can replace Ogiwara and Hike before they retire.

And with that, my diary is done. Thanks to all my readers!

Waghlon was 6/3. Apu was 6/3. Good job guys!

It's been lots of fun and a great learning experience. I'll definitely be back in TEW 2010 with a puroresu diary of some type.

Any comments or constructive criticism are welcome. I know I have alot to learn yet, but feel I improved alot over the nine shows I got out before 2010. ^_^

Edit: By the way, broke 50 posts and 1k views. Woo!

Archived